• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lion King or Aladdin

• The Lion King

Votes: 423 50.8%
  • Aladdin

Votes: 409 49.2%

• Total voters

Gunman

Aug 19, 2020
aladdin-cave-of-wonders-zbjja31fdy0bn2il.jpg

L176

Jan 10, 2019
Lion King from the original movies but Aladdin remake is way better than the Lion King remake. The latter felt lifeless with the style they made it.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
This is so hard. I literally agonised for 10 minutes going from one to the other. They're both so great but for so many different reasons.

Edit: nearly 400 votes and they're at 50/50? It proves my point lol, they're both just as great as each other :D

Bazza

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't watched either in many years but I can still recall scenes and the songs from Lion King. Aladdin only the general story.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Aladdin. Not by a big margin as both classics but I think the genie/Robin Williams and the songs are just something that puts it above LK

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
I really dislike the the art style of The Lion King and it always sticks out when I start the movie. There is this weird softness for gradients and shadows.

Housecat

Oct 25, 2017
I love the Lion King so much, it's my favorite piece of any media.

I never cared much for Aladdin. It isn't even close to my top 3 animated Disney films. I think maybe I was born just too late and was too young when I first saw it.

AvianAviator

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Jun 23, 2021
Wow the poll is a more even split than I expected.

It's gotta be Lion King for me though.

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
When I was little I was obsessed with Lion King. Around 99'/00' Disney must have released Lion King 2 together with the first one because I had a combo of the two from Germany. Watched it over and over. In kindergarten we had the English version that I was allowed to watch once in a while and a kindergarten friend I visited occasionally that had the Italian version.
Interesting enough I found the second movie boring.

Loved the Aladdin tv series. Watched it on the German channel I think.

Leafshield

Nov 22, 2019
I prefer the Lion King to Aladdin but these days I also think I like the Lion King 2 a little bit more, despite it being more of a low budget production.

RobotHaus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mars University
Aladdin for me. Nothing against Lion King. But in my opinion Disney was at it's absolute peak with the sequence of Whole New World.

It's so good, this video doesn't do the audio justice.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I actually don't like the Lion King at all. The Alladdin movies were my go to movie rentals whenever I was sick as a kid and I watched them over and over.

Had a kick ass animated series too.

I am still bitter Jafar didn't get a legit villian song though. That's where Lion King wins. "Be Prepared" is an awesome villian song. Only one better is "Hellfire" from Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Fake edit - It's sad that Iago got more of a villian song in Return of Jafar then Jafar ever did.

Last edited:

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
Always find the last third of Aladdin a bit bleh - don't like the Jafar genie stuff nor how Jasmine flirts with him/seduces him. All a bit creepy cause isn't she like 15 or at the very least half his age.

Lion King is far more emotional and has much weightier themes than whatever Aladdin is about. Lying to a girl about who you are then getting the girl anyway?

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
Lion King by miles. Really surprised it's this close.

Song is Circle of Life in the intro montage. Chills every time.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Aladdin also had much better games. It had two completely different games and both were miles better than the clunky, purposefully made to be impossible, Lion King adaptation.

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
Lion King is the better movie, Aladdin has the better soundtrack. There is a strong argument for "A Whole New World" being the best Disney song.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
The Lion King for me. I like Aladdin, but I was never a huge fan of it overall. The 3rd Aladdin was the better film.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Lion King OG animated > Aladdin OG animated

Lion King game > Aladdin game

Aladdin cartoon > Timon & Pumba cartoon

Aladdin live action >>>>> Lion King live action

Lion King OST animated = Aladdin OST animated

Aladdin OST live action > Lion OST live action

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Lion King for me. It's such an impressive movie, for me it's a movie more than just a story, there's a brilliance to The Lion King that I don't think many other Disney movies hit. Still love Aladdin.