• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
Screenshot-20201004-144946.jpg

This is weird, from this picture it looks like a latch (maybe for nve expansion) but from other angles you don't see it.

Looks like reflection from the ceiling or something like that.

alstrike

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
Oh man people in my home country are a bunch of idiots*, they're peddling that the consoles were not even on and that no one was allowed to touch them.

I don't even anymore... 🤦🏻‍♂️

* Read console warriors

Deleted member 32135

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
There is a protective film and you can see the air beneath it pretty clearly.

Screenshot-20201004-144946.jpg

In the closeup where the film is scratched you can see how the plastic looks like, the closeup is from the frontal part:
G0zEF6z.jpeg

It has a protective film and the plastic surface under it is glossy (yet not as much as the film appear to give the impression). The protective films is precisely used on glossy surfaces for fingerprints and scratches protection and we already have seen previous pics of the Ps5 next to some measuring rules from a Twitter used where it clearly is shown that is glossy.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Oh man people in my home country are a bunch of idiots*, they're peddling that the consoles were not even on and that no one was allowed to touch them.

* Read console warriors
Lmao. The FUD never ends. seen even US ppl say that foolishness.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

* Read console warriors
Haha ps5 fud has been non stop but it ends in 2 3 weeks . Its the end of it

harz-marz

Oct 28, 2017
So, besides some nice pictures, is there any piece of useful information included in one of those videos? Like, loading times, some BC games and so on?
Because FUCK YOU Sony and your attitude of keeping basic attributes a secret weeks before launch if not!!!
Wow. This place still manages to amaze me on a daily basis.

Elios83

Oct 28, 2017
It has a protective film and the plastic surface under it is glossy (yet not as much as the film appear to give the impression). The protective films is precisely used on glossy surfaces for fingerprints and scratches protection and we already have seen previous pics of the Ps5 next to some measuring rules from a Twitter used where it clearly is shown that is glossy.

Then how do you explain the closeup where you can see the scratched/raised protective film and the plastic doesn't look glossy at all?
The closeup is from the front part.
The pictures you're talking about were dark pics taken from FCC tests, the prototype unit could have featured the same protective film.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Why is Sony failing PR this gen? Ugh
It's a month before launch. Hand out your console and let gaming media go wild with drip feeding a thousand articles on UI, loading speed, hardware design till launch day. Let the hype flow out more positively?. Emabargo the review till a week before launch.

Stop being a loser Sony.

It's cool that Microsoft got its console out so early, but you have to understand this is completely unprecedented. Obviously, under the circumstances, with coronavirus being an issue all-year, it's awesome what they've allowed the media/influencers to do, but it also comes with the caveat that they've effectively only allowed people to play old games on it.

Sony's focus throughout this entire next-gen cycle has been to emphasise new games, and thus even if their hardware is ready to go, it'll want to wait for the software to be ready before people get their hands on it.

The information you crave is coming, it's just still too early for the media to have this machine.

Deleted member 25128

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's cool that Microsoft got its console out so early, but you have to understand this is completely unprecedented. Obviously, under the circumstances, with coronavirus being an issue all-year, it's awesome what they've allowed the media/influencers to do, but it also comes with the caveat that they've effectively only allowed people to play old games on it.

Sony's focus throughout this entire next-gen cycle has been to emphasise new games, and thus even if their hardware is ready to go, it'll want to wait for the software to be ready before people get their hands on it.

The information you crave is coming, it's just still too early for the media to have this machine.

How early did media get the PS4 last time... it seems like a lifetime ago.

All I remember from the hardware being in media's hands was some people complaining they hadn't got one (that guy from Polygon I seem to recall having a meltdown about it).

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018

* Read console warriors

I mean when you have people with a huge following feeding these console wars:

What were you expecting?

Thank god Sony doesn't have hype guys like this.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

Pretty much if you look under it in that lens everything makes sense. Everything is about the games first the hardware and OS is all just to complement their main focus the games experience for the next gen.

What were you expecting?

Embarrassing.

Oct 27, 2017
Even bigger man baby energy

it's ok to criticize Sony for being weird with their PR. Compared to how Xbox has been handling the news cycle this is just so underwhelming. It's not toxic to point that out.

I don't know if you can compare someone complaining about toxicity to somebody furiously mashing out FUCK YOU SONY in all caps.

But hey, man baby energy or whatever you're saying.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
LMAO in the first video, the transition from GodFall to Bulans Wonderworld was so seamless that my brain was like, "Wait did they just fall into a cartoony world, what the fuck is Godfall?!?!?"

XD

Deleted member 32135

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Then how do you explain the closeup where you can see the scratched/raised protective film and the plastic doesn't look glossy at all?
The closeup is from the front part.
The pictures you're talking about were dark pics taken from FCC tests, the prototype unit could have featured the same protective film.

Because for a glossy surface being understood as glossy, you need a reflection with contrasting hues in it to appreciate that. You probably won't appreciate it in a close up of such a reduced area since that area is probably reflecting the same plain color. Film makes it look glossier than it is, but it is clearly glossier than matte.

Anyway, just wait and see... This remembers me to the discussion I grew tired of explaining how the base for the system was mandatory and it wouldnt be able to stay flat without it.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
I don't know if you can compare someone complaining about toxicity to somebody furiously mashing out FUCK YOU SONY in all caps.

But hey, man baby energy or whatever you're saying.

Haha yup, miss me with the overdramatic shit. I can't take "criticism" seriously when its accompanied with that kind of attitude. The way some people talk around here IS toxic. Has nothing to do with critique.

alstrike

Banned
Aug 27, 2018

What were you expecting?

Here there's this guy called Sasel that's an absolute clown and thrives on clickbait for hateful kids (and adults as well).

The whole anti PlayStation campaign this past few months has been disgraceful, hardware and software wise.

Oct 30, 2017
So, besides some nice pictures, is there any piece of useful information included in one of those videos? Like, loading times, some BC games and so on?
Because FUCK YOU Sony and your attitude of keeping basic attributes a secret weeks before launch if not!!!
Maybe it's time to step outside and do something else.

Maybe it's best you don't get this console for launch. But this garbage tier of posting just makes the board worse.

We all have questions. But don't preorder something if you still need to know certain information about the system.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Here there's this guy called Sasel that's an absolute clown and thrives on clickbait for hateful kids (and adults as well).

The whole anti PlayStation campaign this past few months has been disgraceful, hardware and software wise.

Once sales start to come out it'll be even more delicious to watch everything unfold, lmao.

Elios83

Oct 28, 2017
Because for a glossy surface being understood as glossy, you need a reflection with contrasting hues in it to appreciate that. You probably won't appreciate it in a close up of such a reduced area since that area is probably reflecting the same plain color. Film makes it look glossier than it is, but it is clearly glossier than matte.

Anyway, just wait and see... This remembers me to the discussion I grew tired of explaining how the base for the system was mandatory and it wouldnt be able to stay flat without it.

Wait and see indeed.
Point is that what we see in the current pictures is how a glossy protective film looks like and not the actual plastic that looks way more matte based on the scratched zones.
We'll find out more in a few weeks.

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
Era and Tom warren are the only ones asking the question "but will you be able to click on a game from a list of games you have and play it? If they don't show that I don't understand how to play them so I don't care about what new games there are"

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017

Oh no..😱
Re. the menu and network features etc. per the AV Watch article, SIE staff handled all the game startup and switching. The staff said they're keeping the UX secret 'a little longer'.

So it sounds like they are deliberately reserving it to feature that stuff on its own some point soon. It can't be too much longer...

Yeah, it's deliberate at this point, lol..can't wait!! I hope ppl don't have an aneurysm tho....
Why is Sony failing PR this gen? Ugh
It's a month before launch. Hand out your console and let gaming media go wild with drip feeding a thousand articles on UI, loading speed, hardware design till launch day. Let the hype flow out more positively?. Emabargo the review till a week before launch.

Stop being a loser Sony.

Oh no...😱

So, does this mean we'll be getting an USB Type C to Type A cable out of the box to charge our controllers?

If its anything like the PS4 we will need one just to sync the controller. AFAIK since the PS3 their consoles have always came with a controller cable.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Era and Tom warren are the only ones asking the question "but will you be able to click on a game from a list of games you have and play it? If they don't show that I don't understand how to play them so I don't care about what new games there are"

there's no UI

you have to buy a new PS5 for every game you want to play and launch directly into it

(this is the only way Sony can sell more consoles after failing their launch)

Issen

Nov 12, 2017

Sasel is such an insufferable fucking fanboy, holy shit. Peddles objectively wrong bullshit that's easily verifiable.

This assclown actually said DigitalFoundry was biased because they said the PS4 Slim was "cooler" (which he translated as in better/more stylish/whatever, "mas guay" in Spanish) when they said it in the context of fucking thermal testing. They meant the PS4 Slim was literally a lower temperature (and they were comparing it against the previous PS4 anyway, not against Xbox or what have you).

His entire shtick is that he calls Sony fans "piperos" (a made-up spanish word that doesn't have an easy translation but is basically the functional equivalent of "sony pony" or stupid fanboy console warring shit of the sort). What's worse, Nintendo España has actually associated with this guy in the past. Invited him to events and all that. Not sure if they still do it.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
did I miss earlier tweets or updates but what is embarrassing about that?
Staged shot of ps5 means ps5 was not really running the games and was there for photo reasons. Its embarrassing cause the Japanese magazine like 4gamer were monitoring the tempreture of that ps5 exhaust to see how hot it gets meaning it was running software.

A simple read as a journalist would have answered his suspensions.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
I thought I was missing a video or something it's really what I was most interested in seeing more gameplay of. Maybe the game isn't quite ready to demo.

yeah they're definitely waiting for games like Demon's Souls, Miles and Destruction All-Stars to go gold before they give any hands-on time to people to show them off. stuff like raytracing and SSD loading are gonna get optimized right to the end of development so they wanna show them off when they're as close to final as possible, most likely.

even these builds are probably not final, but you can see how much the loading improved in Astrobot from when we saw Geoff playing it