• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
Had it when I was a kid. But it confused the crap out of me and I never got anywhere so giving it a miss as it stands.

Unless somebody changes my mind đź‘€

Zelda is my favourite series though.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, I want those double coins but I need to buy this physically so my partner can play it ;_;

youwei

Jun 3, 2019
Not yet available on Nintendo US website. Is it available in the switch's US eshop?
yes i checked it's not available for pre-load yet on the US eshop , i think NOA twitter will tweet about it soon

From Nintendo UK's official Gamescom HUB
Between 20/08 and 22/09, you can get double Gold Points worth ÂŁ5.00 if you purchase The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening from Nintendo eShop or this gamepage*! Use these points to save on your next Nintendo eShop purchase.

If you pre-order, you can preload ahead of release, and the game's data will be downloaded to your Nintendo Switch automatically**. Then, at midnight on September 20th 2019, the game will unlock***, so you can jump in without delay!

Please note: you will be directly charged for the full price of the title upon purchase, and the title will not be playable before the launch date on September 20th 2019.

The extra points will be granted to your account by 02/10/2019.

Teeny

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Had it when I was a kid. But it confused the crap out of me and I never got anywhere so giving it a miss as it stands.

It's a phenomenally designed Zelda game. If Zelda is your favourite series, it stands that you have probably played a lot of the games since first trying LA. You've likely built up series specific logic through experience and will have less trouble this time around.

Tempted to preload but will probably stick with physical as it is Zelda after all :P Can't wait for this.

Oct 26, 2017
How does the 2x gold coins work in terms of what does it give you if you pay less money where you'd earn less coins normally? As in, anyone here use a load of gold coins to buy a 2x gold coin game before, and still get the full value of coins, or do they indeed give you literally 2x the gold coins that you got when buying the game?

Example:

Most of Nintendo's games are $60 USD, so you'd get 300 coins normally, and 600 coins total when the 2x applies.

Say you saved so many coins that you only ended up buying said game for half off, and then earn only 150 coins because of that. Does Nintendo still give you 300 coins afterwards since the 2x award is given at the game's launch, or will they drop the 2x value indeed to 150 coins only, giving you 300 in total.

The question is because folks who bought the vouchers can get by far the most out of this deal. They'd get basically the extra 300 coins for free to go along with the voucher discount, AND the coins earned from buying the vouchers in the first place (500 coins totals since it was $100 USD, or 250 coins per game).

Droyd

Mar 1, 2018
Shame the vouchers gave gold points upon purchase, rather than through redeeming them per game

Edit - also I know 5gb is relatively small, but wish it could have been even smaller. Odyssey is 0.3gb less and that is one big game :p

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
The question is because folks who bought the vouchers can get by far the most out of this deal. They'd get basically the extra 300 coins for free to go along with the voucher discount, AND the coins earned from buying the vouchers in the first place (500 coins totals since it was $100 USD, or 250 coins per game).
You don't get Gold coins when using the vouchers, you got some upfront for buying them

SCB360

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Favourite series yet missing finishing one of the games? And one of the best ones!

Need I say more to convince you?

Council Pop

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Lol bit weird that you'd miss a critically acclaimed game as an adult just because it confused you as a child. But you do you.

Oct 26, 2017
You don't get Gold coins when using the vouchers, you got some upfront for buying them
You don't get gold coins if you buy using a voucher, and when you use gold coins for price reduction you still get the same amount of gold coins as usual.

Yeah. But I'm wondering how Nintendo's 2x coin systems actually works.

The question is if they reward you the bonus coins based on what you paid for, or if you somehow get the full bonus amount regardless. Hence why someone who bought a prior game with the bonus with say gold coins and the like would be able to answer for certain. Do you get the bonus coins even if you were to get the game for free with the voucher, is what I'm asking. Nintendo sends out the bonus amount when the game launches (I did this with Mario Tennis Aces), so I'm curious if the bonus is determined by how much you spend and they literally give you 2x bonus. That sort of thing if I'm making sense. :P

Oct 26, 2017
You don't get gold coins if you buy using a voucher, and when you use gold coins for price reduction you still get the same amount of gold coins as usual.

Okay that's a bit more clear. So if you earned a certain amount (even less), then you'd get that same amount afterwards, correct? If I earned only 150 coins for buying the game at half off, I'd only get 150 in bonus coins then.

Edit: DP...

Deleted member 49166

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
Okay that's a bit more clear. So if you earned a certain amount (even less), then you'd get that same amount afterwards, correct? If I earned only 150 coins for buying the game at half off, I'd only get 150 in bonus coins then.

Edit: DP...

No, you get the gold points from the purchase, it doesn't matter if you pay with goldpoints, credit or paypal.
I had this several time when I tried to clear my gold points, you always end up getting more ;)

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
I was debating on which game to use my voucher on between this or DQ XI S. Good thing you guys reminded me of this.

So, I'm going to use my voucher on DQ XI S then I'll be purchasing Link's Awakening for the double coins if the US gets the deal.

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
Waiting for impressions if locked 60fps have been achieved, but have preordered anyway!

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
Anyone got any idea how the lock mechanism works? Is there a small (kB) download on launch day or is it something in the system preventing launch?

Would hacked systems be able to play it?