• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nippon Columbia will be releasing a 4CD The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Original Soundtrack in Japan on March 18, 2020 priced at ¥4,950. The collection features 205 tracks including both the Game Boy and Nintendo Switch soundtracks, and the Ballad of the Wind Fish TV commercial version.

the-legend-of-zelda-h0kru.jpeg

links-awakening-orig9ok1v.jpeg

links-awakening-orig9xkjp.jpeg

links-awakening-orig31kgc.jpeg

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
I wish Nintendo would get better at releasing soundtracks. I want vinyl copies of everything.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How the fuck are there so many tracks in these games?
you can see the track lists here (in japanese):
columbia.jp

ゼルダの伝説 夢をみる島 オリジナルサウンドトラック【初回数量限定 三方背BOX仕様】 | 商品情報 | 日本コロムビアオフィシャルサイト

ゼルダの伝説 夢をみる島 オリジナルサウンドトラック【初回数量限定 三方背BOX仕様】の詳細ページです。CD・DVD・動画の視聴・購入ができます。

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

finally get those og gameboy tracks

I wonder if it will have those english/japanese vocal tracks they did for ballad of the windfish

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks really fucking cool.

But CD? What year is it?! Where's the vinyl?!

No, the irony isn't lost on me

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
just picked it up on ami ami

will go nicely with my Ballad of the Goddess concert CD

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
I know the answer to this is going to be a resounding "nah fam" but does anyone think this might come to Spotify/Apple Music/etc? I really think Nintendo is missing an opportunity there.

Toad King

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Got it in the mail the other day. The packaging is excellent and the music sounds great. The tracks do two full loops for which is great for casual listening and the Game Boy version in particular sounds very clean and authentic (at least to my memory of the music from decades ago). It even has a full artist breakdown for each track on the Game Boy version, something that has been unknown since the game's release. The only thing that's missing is the English verison of the TV commercial vocal track for the Switch version, although if you really want that Nintendo has an MP3 download for it on their UK website: https://www.nintendo.co.uk/games/oms/zelda_links_awakening/zelda_wind_fish_ballad.mp3

It took over a quarter of a century but we finally got a Link's Awakening soundtrack release and it doesn't disappoint.