• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
And people say SP games are dead 😂.
Just watch how badly avengers performed against solely SP games like Spiderman and jedi fallen order.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Resistance 3 in particular would be great as a remaster. The game's art direction is awesome looking. It was already good looking on PS3 so Imagine it in 4k with some retouching here and there.

Speaking of third person, Resistance Retribution re release would also be great. It was awesome on the PSP and it would be great to revisit it.
Yeah, I remember Resistance 3 and the weapons.

That would be great if they'd include Retribution too.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Nope, this is pretty uncomfortable for me also. I work in a different industry, but it makes me think more about what I have on my profile if people go digging like this.
Its LinkedIn though. The whole idea of LinkedIn is that it is a public resume that shows what you have worked on and what your skillset is. The entire premise is based around marketing yourself to future employers and being spammed by recruiters you never respond to unless you are actively looking. You're not supposed to put anything identifying on LinkedIn that's confidential or under NDA. That would detract from your LinkedIn profile and be a huge red flag that says "I'm not trustworthy" to the audience you are marketing yourself towards.

Last edited:

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
God of War surely must have passed the 1B at this point

I wonder how Spider-Man did o.O

If Spider-Man grossed between 1-2 Billion, would that mean, the game was more profitable than the movies?

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
Not that nuts when you think about it. The game sold what? 20MM copies? Let's say half of those at full price, 1/8 at $40, 1/8 at $30 and 1/8 at $20 and 1/8 at $10. That's 600MM + 100MM + 75MM + 50MM + 25MM in revenue for a total of 850MM in revenue. Adjust those numbers a bit, some licensing deals (i.e. comics from Dark Horse, merch, TV show from HBO and voila 1B+).
It had microtransactions too.

Wireframe

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Its LinkedIn though. The whole idea of LinkedIn is that it is a public Resume that shows what you have worked on and what your skillset is. The entire premise is based around marketing yourself to future Employers and be spammed by Recruiters you never respond to unless you are actively looking. Your not supposed to put anything identifying on LinkedIn that is confidential or under NDP. That would detract from your LinkedIn profile and be a huge red flag that says "I'm not trustworthy" to the audience you are marketing yourself towards.
It gets tricky though when nearly all projects you work on are technically confidential, and you have to figure out how much you can get away with disclosing. I guess I'm fortunate that my field doesn't garner as much attention as game development does.

inpHilltr8r

Oct 27, 2017
am i the only one who finds stalking individual developers' and dev employees' linkedin profiles for hot scoops really kind of weird and uncomfortable
nope, although this is less weird than the ones tracking creatives looking for clues as to a studios direction

developer from studio a has gone studio b
from which we will conclude that studio a is doomed, and studio b is making the same game that studio a just made

here it's some suit bigging up themselves by leaking numbers and burning bridges

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
Man oh man those are some mighty impressive numbers. I'm thankful too since this further cements sony doubling down on SP content, which is great for me

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Damn, does that mean TLOU/U4's MP were big money makers?
If that's so, I can see why ND is taking their sweet time with Factions.

Solace

Dog's Best Friend
Oct 29, 2017
lol these random pieces of info in people's Linkedin is incredible haha

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
People lie on their resumes all the time, though.
"Stop stalking people. That's weird!"
"It's a public profile. Nobody is being stalked?"
"What if they're lying, though?"

Not sure what your point is. Your reply has absolutely nothing to do with your initial point or the reply to it...

Oct 26, 2017
New Orleans
Huh, I had figured Killzone 3 underperformed since it didn't seem to build on the success of Killzone 2, and there were stacks of leftover Helghast Editions at Best Buys for years after release.

Glad to hear otherwise. I really hope Guerrilla's second team is working on a new title. Especially since it will be the first Killzone that's been given plenty of time to bake since Killzone 2.

Geeker

May 11, 2019
the scale of gta v's success is just ridiculous. I suppose in light of CP 2077 that Rockstar's achievement is further enhanced. It showcases just how much of a challenge it is to put together these sprawling, cohesive and interactive open worlds

Markratos

Hermen Hulst's Secret Account
Feb 15, 2020
When Tlou Part 2 multiplayer comes out next year, Sony may have a smash hit on their hands if its f2p

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Good to see them being successful. Sony first party games are constantly among the best. Love my story driven single player bombast. I hope they stick to that this gen.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
God of War surely must have passed the 1B at this point

I wonder how Spider-Man did o.O

If Spider-Man grossed between 1-2 Billion, would that mean, the game was more profitable than the movies?
Spider-Man PS4 is without doubt more profitable than any Spider-Man movie, including profits from box office, home entertainment and global TV deals

The most profitable Spider-Man is Far From Home with an estimated $339M net profits for the studio (by Deadline)

From high sales during launch period where Sony booked 95% of revenues from Store sales (with a $60 purchase) + 66% from each physical $60 copy and long term sales on Store (and physical), Spider-Man PS4 profits grew faster than Spider-Man movies profits from box office + DVD/Blu-Ray sales + TV deals

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
am i the only one who finds stalking individual developers' and dev employees' linkedin profiles for hot scoops really kind of weird and uncomfortable

Definitely weird, doesn't matter whether its public information or not. These are regular people, not celebrities. I can't imagine what it would be like having people digging through your career moves and CV.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
No need to feel uncomfortable. Its like any other social media platform, but this time simply targeted to working professionals. I understand it can feel more personal because people networking and stuff, but it doesn't need to be treated with satin gloves. People have a profile there to get jobs and promote themselves, and all info they put on there is free to view to anyone having a LinkedIn account. Its not any different from someone hosting their resume on their own portfolio website or something.

edit: I guess people have issues with the individuals that people check on being just normal developers. Honestly if you are working in this industry you should already be comfortable being a public figure in some form or another since its all about selling yourself publicly to potential employees, either trough LinkedIn profiles or portfolio websites like artstation.

Last edited:

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If these games are so profitable why aren't they lowering prices?

I should only pay $49.95 for a launch game. From Arrogant Sony to Greedy Sony.

These prices are too damn high!

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Spider-Man PS4 is without doubt more profitable than any Spider-Man movie, including profits from box office, home entertainment and global TV deals

The most profitable Spider-Man is Far From Home with an estimated $339M net profits for the studio (by Deadline)

From high sales during launch period where Sony booked 95% of revenues from Store sales (with a $60 purchase) + 66% from each physical $60 copy and long term sales on Store (and physical), Spider-Man PS4 profits grew faster than Spider-Man movies profits from box office + DVD/Blu-Ray sales + TV deals

that's crazy, i wonder how big the split between Sony and Marvel is

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
Good to see them being successful. Sony first party games are constantly among the best. Love my story driven single player bombast. I hope they stick to that this gen.
Me to...
to be honest I purchased all Sony big games day 1 from PS3 to PS4 and have to say that they really earned my trust...
I will continue to buy all his big games from PS5 day one.