• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 65994

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 14, 2020
Threadmaking privileges suspended: pattern of creating low-effort threads and trolling

The dawn of the ninth generation of video games is upon us. Slowly but surely, both Sony and Microsoft have been revealing details on their upcoming projects. Teasing us with bits of information, sometimes mundane, sometimes cryptic but always interesting and sure to get the gaming community speculating on what might be being worked on behind the scenes. So when Microsoft announced Xbox 20/20, a series of events designed to drum up excitement for the Xbox Series X, almost everybody was excited to see what they would show off. Surely the first proper next-gen event of them all would be a smash hit and drive pre-orders for the Series X through the roof right?

The inaugural event in Microsoft's Xbox 20/20 tour may have landed with the force of impact of a ball of socks hitting a pillow when it was intended to be a megaton level showcase for the power of the next-generation console, but even this stumble has not slowed the house of Xbox one bit. It may have seemed like a ridiculous thing a few months ago, looking at the lack of major first party support for the Xbox One as a strength in 2020 but it does seem like Microsoft is playing its hand well at this point in the lead up to the next-generation. Of course the story of the race between the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X is only just starting to be written but as it stands, Microsoft is a chapter or two ahead while Sony is struggling with the introduction.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Link-cable.com?

But yeah, they kinda are.
I still see more hype for PlayStation usually though, but maybe that's because of last week.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I agree .MS has been great for lead up to next gen and I appreciate the transparency with fans. Gamers are wining imo

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
Nothing has really happened (other than the economy taking a huge hit), so I don't think anyone is winning anything -- especially during a pandemic.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
the only way to measure success for either of those consoles is how well they're gonna sell so saying one platform is "winning" seems meaningless at this point as long as you can't preorder them.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know, I feel like Microsoft are trying to get the hype train going, only for Sony to do next to nothing and get a massive boost in engagement.

Like Sony have released a logo, controller, specs and had their hardware used to showcase a multiplatform engine and the thirst is clearly there.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
All it takes is Sony to have one event in June that shows the look of the box and first-party titles and suddenly they'd be ahead of Microsoft in the race to reveal next-gen stuff.

And I think it is very likely that Sony will have an event in June that shows the look of the box and first-party titles.

Deleted member 1120

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do people cheer on one company over the other?
Hold both of their feet to the fire and we as consumers will win.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
This is like my toddler asking me to race when I tell him I'm busy making dinner. He proceeds to run anyway then claims he wins.

Yeah, I guess you did win?

lol

Super Barrier

Nov 20, 2017
The site has zero comments on any of their other articles. Why would OP think this one from a low traffic site be worthy of a thread?

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Link-cable.com?

But yeah, they kinda are.
I still see more hype for PlayStation usually though, but maybe that's because of last week.

There is more hype for PS no matter what they talk or show , it get views and talk about a lot .
But that is expected since the brand much stronger and the user base much bigger .
Still aside from that i really don't know what you can call winning at this stage .

Status
Not open for further replies.