• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Anyone else having an issue where hitting return on android makes your keyboard minimize?

This only happens on Era, and only started recently and is a bit annoying. I'm using gboard, tested on reddit and it doesn't happen, so seems to be an exclusive feature to resetera.

mentallyinept

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's happening to me as well, thought it was some kind of fluke, but it happens every time I hit the return key.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I get that issue sometimes. I also have the issue of opening a thread, scrolling down to read a post, then turning my screen off to go do something. When I unlock my phone and return to the thread, I'm where I first started when I opened the thread and have to scroll back down to where I last left off. It's super annoying. On Firefox Beta on Android btw.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
It's a mobile Chrome bug that is known to Google and not limited to Era.

For what it is worth, it does not happen on Mobile Firefox. I typed this on Android using Gboard.

OP
OP
Anustart

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
It's a mobile Chrome bug that is known to Google and not limited to Era.

For what it is worth, it does not happen on Mobile Firefox. I typed this on Android using Gboard.

Thanks for the heads-up! Went to test it but got my account temp locked trying to sign in in a different browser, lol.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah iOS here, it's an absolute pain. Also makes it to were if you backspace a word off on the screwed line, it takes you all the way to the end of the sentence you were trying to change a word on instead of just going back a space

less

Oct 25, 2017
Chromium devs are aware of the issue and will release an update at some point that corrects it.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
OMG I AM NOT LOSING MY MIND.

This has been bothering me too.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Not sure if it's the same issue but on iOS I have plenty of problems. One really annoying one is when I hit return twice because I want more of a break between paragraphs.

Sometimes instead of making another break it jumps backwards and deletes some of my post.