• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
This isn't even the worst invasion they've booked.

hDRzJnm.gif

Belfast

Oct 28, 2017
Mcmahons and Khans are the same I hope people will someday understand this...
Maybe his dad. But Tony has repeatedly shown how much of a compassionate person he can be. I mean, it's possible he still leans right overall, but he doesn't exude the same sense of ego and "fuck you, I got mine" most Republicans seem to.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Since when? I've not seen anything about Tony Khan donating to Republicans unless I missed something? And his dad was Trump supporter back in 2016, but not anymore from the last article I read about that.

I don't know about Tony Khan specifically, but my understanding is that all the funding comes from his father, who as you said, donated to Trump. He may not have recently, but I know he still expressed support for Trump on his 'economy policies' at least as early as 2019, and I'm sure still donates to the GOP and GOP candidates. Pretty sure he was a big supporter of Rick Scott for his various runs as well.

Tony does seem to keep his donations lowkey, if he does any himself.

If you want to make it a contest between who is worse, it's obviously the McMahons on the surface, but that doesn't really mean that those with the purse strings on AEW are that great lol.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Not a surprise. I'm absolutely convinced people close to Trump and the administration assisted these "protestors" in some fashion and egged them on. I'm also convinced bad actors within the police force and government let it happen. People need to go to jail.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Maybe comparing them like that was a mistake on my part, but the Khans are not good people either , they've donated to trump, have factories in China and do business with Saudi Arabi.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
People should hound Fox Sports and every one of their sponsors to drop them. Hit them where it hurts. Their wallet.
FOX isn't going to drop WWE. As it stands right now, Smackdown is one of the highest rated shows on national TV every Friday, usually placing anywhere from 1st to 3rd in the demographic. Which means advertisers won't care either. Also...it's FOX. Murdoch won't give a damn, especially since he helped with the WWE/FOX deal in the first place.

While they are less shitty, AEW still has Chris Jericho, Jake Hager, Bryan Cage, Ivelisse, and probably others under contract still. And Tony doesn't seem like he cares enough to actually take action against them.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I get that because of Jericho, but are there other cases you speak of? I've heard murmurs of the Young Bucks being Republicans but I know very little on that.

Do we know info about Khan, Omega, Cody, and the other execs?

Young Bucks have a history of being super conservative and right wing but I think they've largely learned to keep quiet since those views are bad for business. Lots of older tweets are out there but don't have any handy myself. Not sure if they have ever directly addressed it

Don't really know much about Omega and Cody.

The Khans are well documented, at least Shad.

Maybe comparing them like that was a mistake on my part, but the Khans are not good people either , they've donated to trump, have factories in China and do business with Saudi Arabi.

Yeah, basically. But people want to turn it into a proxy war between AEW vs WWE

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Cody has made a bunch of pro-trump tweets on an alt account in the past, and claims to not be a trump supporter now
Yup. But his business he runs (American Rebel Cigars) donated to right wing politicians or super-pacs in late 2018. He's also talked about how once he's done in wrestling, he plans to run for the senate in Georgia. Which almost certainly means he's running as a republican.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Will Trump give Vince the Medal of Freedom before leaving ?

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Yup. But his business he runs (American Rebel Cigars) donated to right wing politicians or super-pacs in late 2018. He's also talked about how once he's done in wrestling, he plans to run for the senate in Georgia. Which almost certainly means he's running as a republican.

Got some quotes or articles? Because I can't find anything about that from a Google search, and nothing on their Facebook page that would indicate any political leanings. And why would you assume that he's going to run as a Republican when he's done with wrestling presumably 10-20 years from now?

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Got some quotes or articles? Because I can't find anything about that from a Google search, and nothing on their Facebook page that would indicate any political leanings. And why would you assume that he's going to run as a Republican when he's done with wrestling presumably 10-20 years from now?
https://www.opensecrets.org/campaign-expenditures/vendor?cycle=2018&vendor=American+Rebel+Cigars (They didn't donate anything in 2020, but I'm assuming its because the PAC in question didn't bother participating in the 2020 election either, but OpenSecrets has them classified as a conservative group)

Also I'm assuming he's running as a republican because he's anti-union, if his quick backtracking on the wrestling union/insurance/healthcare stuff was any indication (he was all for them until he joined AEW, and then he immediately backtracked and said that wrestling shouldn't have that stuff, because it would "destroy the business").

www.cagesideseats.com

Cody Rhodes clarifies his position on a union for wrestlers

The Executive Vice-President of All Elite Wrestler is focused on smaller steps toward taking care of talent.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.opensecrets.org/campaign-expenditures/vendor?cycle=2018&vendor=American+Rebel+Cigars (They didn't donate anything in 2020, but I'm assuming its because the PAC in question didn't bother participating in the 2020 election either, but OpenSecrets has them classified as a conservative group)

Also I'm assuming he's running as a republican because he's anti-union, if his quick backtracking on the wrestling union/insurance/healthcare stuff was any indication (he was all for them until he joined AEW, and then he immediately backtracked and said that wrestling shouldn't have that stuff, because it would "destroy the business").

www.cagesideseats.com

Cody Rhodes clarifies his position on a union for wrestlers

The Executive Vice-President of All Elite Wrestler is focused on smaller steps toward taking care of talent.

Fair enough. I didn't know he was anti-union. But I still don't think he's as conservative as he was back in 2015.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
What a shame with Jericho. He always came off as intelligent and well spoken. What's the verdict on RVD, there's no way he can be a Trumper, right?

Good to see Kevin Nash and Mick Foley be outspoken on Trump. I've always been huge fans of both when I was a kid, along with Hall and Bret.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
What a shame with Jericho. He always came off as intelligent and well spoken. What's the verdict on RVD, there's no way he can be a Trumper, right?

Good to see Kevin Nash and Mick Foley be outspoken on Trump. I've always been huge fans of both when I was a kid, along with Hall and Bret.
Jericho is someone who has fallen out of favor over the past year or two. I started noticing the mask slipping when he got really upset on twitter at Sasha Banks for taking a playful jab at him. And it only got worse from there with him hosting Don Jr, not supporting the Black Lives Matter movement, performing concerts at full capacity venues, and pushing conspiracy theories.

As for RVD, I have no idea where he stands. But for all the bad wrestlers there are out there, there are some good ones. Sami Zayn, Hangman Page, Roman Reigns, Batista (if you count him as a wrestler still), Sasha Banks, Bayley, and Mufasa Ali all come to mind.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
FOX isn't going to drop WWE. As it stands right now, Smackdown is one of the highest rated shows on national TV every Friday, usually placing anywhere from 1st to 3rd in the demographic. Which means advertisers won't care either. Also...it's FOX. Murdoch won't give a damn, especially since he helped with the WWE/FOX deal in the first place.

While they are less shitty, AEW still has Chris Jericho, Jake Hager, Bryan Cage, Ivelisse, and probably others under contract still. And Tony doesn't seem like he cares enough to actually take action against them.

add Shanna to that list.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The Mcmahon family has always been shit, so that doesn't surprise me. Jericho, my second favorite wrestler from my childhood has officially become the Judas in my mind >.<

I think someone posted stuff about him before on here, but I must have forgot. I wasn't aware he was this shitty.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Is the Brian Cage stuff just down to his cheap heat pro-Trump character in AAA or is there something more there? Not saying that angle was ok or good mind you, just wondering if there is more out there.

I know the bucks are conservative and are super super Christian. Haven't seen any MAGA but wouldn't be shocked.

I also have side-eye for Murderhawk with that tattoo but he seems to steer clear of politics.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Yet another reason not to watch WWE, I appreciate them doing something scummy on a regular basis to remind me.

Sad about Jericho, thought he was more stupid and ignorant than actively an asshole but he's removed the doubt over the last few months.

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
Is the Brian Cage stuff just down to his cheap heat pro-Trump character in AAA or is there something more there? Not saying that angle was ok or good mind you, just wondering if there is more out there.

I know the bucks are conservative and are super super Christian. Haven't seen any MAGA but wouldn't be shocked.

I also have side-eye for Murderhawk with that tattoo but he seems to steer clear of politics.

I always see him liking and commenting on Drake Wuertz posts (fka Drake Younger) and Drake is one of the biggest and most vocal MAGA losers in WWE.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I always see him liking and commenting on Drake Wuertz posts (fka Drake Younger) and Drake is one of the biggest and most vocal MAGA losers in WWE.

Yeah, I know he has some anti-shutdown stuff on his timeline as well. Which is proof he's an idiot, but not necessarily MAGA. Then again, he did think a cheap heat Trump supporter character was a good call in Mexico in 2016, so I mean.. signs point to yes.

Oct 28, 2020
Can we stop equating Shahid Khan buying a Canadian hotel from Saudi Arabia's Kingdom Holding to the propaganda bullshit that WWE is doing please? Thanks.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Of course a thread about Linda McMahon giving *millions* to seditionists has descended into people pushing the notion that Cody is a Trumpite.

Because of course it has.

You don't need to invent Trump supporters in AEW if you want to feel better about supporting WWE. Jericho is *right fucking there in the OP*. Hager's stances... Vickie Guerrero's stances... are all well known.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
I don't respect wrestlers opinions just by default. The industry is toxic. But of course there are instances of some being great people.

Irishmantis

Jan 5, 2019
Jericho is someone who has fallen out of favor over the past year or two. I started noticing the mask slipping when he got really upset on twitter at Sasha Banks for taking a playful jab at him. And it only got worse from there with him hosting Don Jr, not supporting the Black Lives Matter movement, performing concerts at full capacity venues, and pushing conspiracy theories.

As for RVD, I have no idea where he stands. But for all the bad wrestlers there are out there, there are some good ones. Sami Zayn, Hangman Page, Roman Reigns, Batista (if you count him as a wrestler still), Sasha Banks, Bayley, and Mufasa Ali all come to mind.
Kevin Owens too

I've always wondered what Side Stone Cold is on

I know at first glance he's a stereotype republican but a lot of his believes especially lately like BLM, Pro Mask and stay at home and others that I'm forgetting it's hard to know

On one of his podcasts he said he's chosen to keep which side he's on to himself

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
There is no doubt in my mind that WWE would offer the entire runtime of RAW as a speaking platform to Donald Trump, if asked.

The company will never stop being shitty and denying workers of their rights.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I just wholesale quit following wrestling which I never thought I'd see the day that would happen but boy I just can't support that business in anyway any longer. AEW is on the more ethical side of things but they still aren't great.