• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trump did this same shit to Clinton and has been doing it to Biden too. What's good for the goose....

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trump did a shitty thing so it's ok for people to dislike Trump to do a shitty thing too?

Politics is a shitty business. It's not about whether what he did was right or wrong, it's about the fact that it was effective

It's not just Trump either -- you can read the article I linked which elaborates on the history behind this message and its effectiveness

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Trump did a shitty thing so it's ok for people to dislike Trump to do a shitty thing too?

Again, Trump is the one that declared himself the healthiest president of all time, which everyone knows is absolute horse shit. He therefore opens himself up to these attacks.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of the ramp...an excerpt from that insane WSJ interview from today:

Ea0HP9TWAAAu-jY

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
I know I'm in the minority here but I've never been a fan of armchair diagnoses. I wasn't when people were doing it to Biden and I'm not now. Also, I'm honestly worried some of this will backfire. Older folks seeing young people make fun of Trump for what many see as a consequence of aging and it can turn them off. Doesn't help that #Trumpwearsadultdiapers or the like was trending either. I know that ads like this are made to get under his skin, but is it worth it if it turns off some of the most reliable voting block?
These ads run only in DC afaik, they're not meant to be seen by a broad number of people, they're aimed squarely at Trump to upset him. Usually I'd be against such pettiness and mean spirited behavior but in this case I'll allow it 😄

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
People hand-wringing need some perspective

Or spelled out if you prefer:

www.politico.com

Why Trump Is Right to Worry About That Glass of Water

Even if it’s baseless and unfair, few things stick to a modern president like images of physical frailty.

These folks love to throw Trump's shit right back at him... there's another recent ad where it talks about China always winning against Trump... and how he gives in to them "LIKE A DOG!!".

Which is sadly referencing when Trump described watching our military assassinate someone in the middle east.

Oct 30, 2017
Speaking of the ramp...an excerpt from that insane WSJ interview from today:

Ea0HP9TWAAAu-jY
"They said I shit myself. Can you believe it? Shit myself. Unbelievable. I wear, you know, the darker colored pants. I can show them to you if you like. Same pair. And you know what I mea, they're dark. I like them better than the lighter because they catch the poo. I mean, here I spent three hours saluting cadets and eating some cheeseburgers and the general--oh the general, wonderful guy, beautiful, loves what I'm doing--he's just never seen someone eat like me. He even said, That's amazing. Other presidents would never have been able to do it. So I'm the only one that can happen. I get publicity about shitting myself. And does he have diarrhea? I don't think so."

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Normally I wouldn't care about a 74 year old needing help off a stage, they're old, but then I also remember Trump tweeting about how the way Obama walks down from air force one is "undignified and not presidential," or whatever, so fuck him.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All for it. This is exactly what conservatives use, so use it right back at them because they know how to do these types of ads and the type of tone and language to get that emotional response.

Play dirty. Not playing dirty hasn't achieved shit, so just get nasty. Outspoken. Mean.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
He thinks journalists should be executed but we can't make fun of him on TV because that's mean.

Deleted member 60096

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2019
He thinks journalists should be executed but we can't make fun of him on TV because that's mean.
Implying that he's bad because he's old or mentally ill is a really bad message to send, plus there is plenty of other shit that would be much better to go after him for, and potentially a very harmful one. Its not just meanness

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Any other person and I'd probably not be in favor of this type of ad, but given what we've seen the last 3 1/2 years, anything goes at this point to get him the fuck out.

Barbarossa

Oct 30, 2017
Implying that he's bad because he's old or mentally ill is a really bad message to send, plus there is plenty of other shit that would be much better to go after him for, and potentially a very harmful one. Its not just meanness
And they have. No need to rush to Trump's defense.

This is harmful? Lol. It's a Republican ad that those dirty libs wouldn't run even after everything that's been thrown at Biden.

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
I hate Trump and I agree. If it's something you wouldn't make fun of Biden or Bernie or your grandma for, you shouldn't make fun of Trump for it either. Otherwise you're no better than asshole right-wingers.
Taking the high road just means your fall will be harder. I have been an advocate for polite and respectful discourse, but the past years have shown that if you want to effectively deal with these idiots, you have to stoop down to their level. See the paradox of tolerance.

Take everything else out of the equation. The president is an old man who has trouble walking down ramps. If it was anyone else but Trump would you care? And if so, why? Is it supposed to be an indicator of his overall health? Ok, fine. We have laws and procedures in place that act as contingencies for the president dying or becoming incapacitated.
Of course I wouldn't care, but anyone else isn't running the United States of America. If Trump is gonna make of disabled people (which I very much condemn ofc), I'll make fun of his stupid shit. Talk shit, get shit.

Zodzilla

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't care. If we play by the rules and they don't, they'll win this election again.

I'm at the point where I literally can't stand 4 years of this man in office and hearing his godawful voice and rhetoric. If he has a history of clawing his way around by using shitty tactics and walking away unscathed, then so be it. Fight horrible morally disgusting fire with fire.

How did NO ONE see that paper cloth stuck on Donny boy's shoe, before he went up those stairs????

I think Wanda Sykes said it best.

"The moment that I saw him board Air Force One with toilet paper on the back of his shoe, I said, 'They don't like him.' Everyone around him who works with him, they cannot stand him. They have no respect for this man. I mean, you would stop a stranger to get toilet paper off their shoe. I've almost missed a flight because I'm at my gate and I see someone walking by with toilet paper [on their shoe], and I'm like 'I can't let that happen' and I run down and get the toilet paper off."

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Fuck it, I'm down with the petty tactics. It's not like the GOP would ever show decorum the other way. They throw mud, let's throw it back.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017

I didn't take the ad as an excuse that he's old or mentally ill.

It makes him look weak.

His base is in love with a idealized image of Trump. Once who is rich, strong, can't be impeached who will own the libs and make America white again.
They don't care if he's dumb or lies.

Make him look like a chicken shit coward who hides in a bunker is what pisses him off and makes him look bad.

Deleted member 60096

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2019
I didn't take the ad as an excuse that he's old or mentally ill.

It makes him look weak.

His base is in love with a idealized image of Trump. Once who is rich, strong, can't be impeached who will own the libs and make America white again.
They don't care if he's dumb or lies.

Make him look like a chicken shit coward who hides in a bunker is what pisses him off and makes him look bad.
Yeah its to make him look weak but they're doing that by suggesting he's going senile or is otherwise ill, if they wanted to make him look like a coward then focus on him being a coward not him potentially having issues with his mental health or age.