• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Jak and Daxter, 4 screenshots
lol

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
Lmao that looks great. Was that really going to be the designs for them in the cancelled game? They're not good themselves of course but as a goofy ass realistic looking spoof boxart, it's great.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
man, ND really doesnt get what made Jak 1 so charming

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
I think it got better(well I like Jak II more, I'm iffy on III) and even I hate this concept art.

I don't dislike Jak II but the world was less interesting to explore and it really didn't need to be a GTA clone. I was hoping at the time they'd expand on the platforming because Jak's moveset was already a step backward from SM64 but instead they just gave him guns.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
My heart skipped a beat. Been replaying Jak 2 and 3 recently and would love love LOVE a 4th.

definedMF

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto Canada
Yeah I know, Jak 1 was a breezy fun SM64 knock-off that was a great technical showcase and had a charming cast of characters. The series progressively got worse as it went on.

I don't get this... Jak II took many more leaps and bounds in combat, level design, enemy design, non-linear story, various environments, great vehicle mechanics and an actually compelling story.

I love Jak 1 as much as the next guy, but the vitriol against II onwards is odd.

Also 3 has more holes in its plot than swiss cheese.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
I don't get this... Jak II took many more leaps and bounds in combat, level design, enemy design, non-linear story, various environments, great vehicle mechanics and an actually compelling story.

I love Jak 1 as much as the next guy, but the vitriol against II onwards is odd.

It's easy - the game is a cynical attempt to cash into GTA3 and it's not the direction that a lot of people wanted it to go. It doesn't make it a bad game though.

Also, I don't think non-linear story means what you think it means. Do you mean mission design?

definedMF

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto Canada
It's easy - the game is a cynical attempt to cash into GTA3 and it's not the direction that a lot of people wanted it to go. It doesn't make it a bad game though.

Also, I don't think non-linear story means what you think it means. Do you mean mission design?
Jesus christ... games can now have cynical attempts "cashing" in on trends that are occurring in the industry.

Guess when FFXV went open world, it was just "cashing" in on the whole open world design... seems like you lost the ball on identifying whats cynical and what isn't...

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus christ... games can now have cynical attempts "cashing" in on trends that are occurring in the industry.

Guess when FFXV went open world, it was just "cashing" in on the whole open world design... seems like you lost the ball on identifying whats cynical and what isn't...

What part did I say open world? I'm talking about the fact they put carjacking into a SM64 clone.

But sure whatever, keep having the argument you imagine that we're having.

definedMF

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto Canada
What part did I say open world? I'm talking about the fact they put carjacking into a SM64 clone.

But sure whatever, keep having the argument you imagine that we're having.
GTA 3's main draw and attention was on the grimey OPEN world that has a bustling NPC population with drive-able vehicles... your shitting on a game for drawing from another...

...and sure there was a quick switch in themes between the first and second but everything it attempted in the new world wasn't half-assed nor was it poorly done. Like all Naughty Dog games, there was polish, heart and enjoyment in that game, more than I ever found in the first game.

Chronology

Oct 27, 2017
so I really don't understand this at all...why would ND/sony give them the go ahead on this? it's really very confusing

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Between this and Yakuza Remastered on PS4 including a empty PS3 Yakuza 5 box.

This trend of selling empty boxes for things that dont exist is weird.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This pains me, as Jak 4 is probably my number 1 wanted game of all time. It's the reason I have intentionally not touched TLoU or Uncharted. I know, they're great games and I shouldn't miss out, but it's on principle. When I see Jak 4, I'll finally play Uncharted and TLoU. If that means I may never play them, so be it.

Byronic Hero

Oct 27, 2017
Why you gotta twist the knife LRG? Is this because I forgot to buy the Jak 3 physical copy from touch guys?

Oct 27, 2017
I hope Jak is next in Sony's remaster or sequel list on PS5. Just take whatever Insomniac uses for Ratchet engine, hand it to another studio and make Jak 4.

sly too, but at least that got a sequel this decade.