• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah

Limited Run games, a publisher that specializes in releasing physical version of games that would typically not receive a physical release, announced today during its E3 presentation that it is partnering with LucasArts to release definitive collector's editions of classic Star Wars games.

The first planned releases arrive June 28 with Star Wars: Bounty Hunter for PlayStation 4 and Star Wars for NES and Game Boy. You can find the full list of planned games below.

The list!
  • Star Wars
  • Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
  • Star Wars: Dark Forces
  • Star Wars Episode I: Racer
  • Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
  • Star Wars: Jedi Knight
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
  • Star Wars: Racer Revenge
  • Star Wars: Rebel Assault
  • Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
  • Star Wars: TIE Fighter
  • Star Wars: X-Wing

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
That's damn cool. Never bought one of these Limited Run deals before, but TIE Fighter is very tempting.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Still got my big DOS boxes for X-Wing and Tie Fighter so I'm good. Still a neat partnership though, Star Wars GB was one of my early timesinks when I was a kid.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
i'm reading that tweet over and over again... are they making physical Game Boy carts for the Star Wars game?

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
I'm confused - I think they messed up the messaging here. Are they creating actual new NES and Game Boy cartridges, or are those titles getting ported to a new system? And, if so, what system? Exciting news torpedoed by lack of info. :/

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017

The list!
  • Star Wars
  • Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
  • Star Wars: Dark Forces
  • Star Wars Episode I: Racer
  • Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
  • Star Wars: Racer Revenge
  • Star Wars: Rebel Assault
  • Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
  • Star Wars: TIE Fighter
  • Star Wars: X-Wing

Monkey Island too, in some form.

Is the episode 1 racer the 64 game?

Yes, it's the game a lot of people just call pod racer.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit this is bonkers. Will pick up TIE Fighter if I can, and maybe Jedi Outcast?

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a list that includes the original platform? I think I might be thinking of the wrong game for a few of these.

joedick

Mar 19, 2018
I'm confused - I think they messed up the messaging here. Are they creating actual new NES and Game Boy cartridges, or are those titles getting ported to a new system? And, if so, what system? Exciting news torpedoed by lack of info. :/

Yeah, I'm confused. My guess is an open pre-order for the collection on modern systems with limited deluxe editions that have a working cart of say the Famicom game that never came west.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah this is pretty confusing messaging. They need to share the platforms these games are coming to.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a list that includes the original platform? I think I might be thinking of the wrong game for a few of these.

Here's what LRG is likely releasing...

• Star Wars - NES/GB
  • Star Wars: Bounty Hunter - PS4
  • Star Wars: Dark Forces - PC
  • Star Wars Episode I: Racer - PC
  • Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - NES/GB
  • Star Wars: Jedi Knight - PC
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast - PC
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy - PC
  • Star Wars: Racer Revenge - PS4
  • Star Wars: Rebel Assault - PC
  • Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire - PC
  • Star Wars: TIE Fighter - PC
  • Star Wars: X-Wing - PC

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Here's what LRG is likely releasing...

• Star Wars - NES/GB
  • Star Wars: Bounty Hunter - PS4
  • Star Wars: Dark Forces - PC
  • Star Wars Episode I: Racer - PC
  • Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - NES/GB
  • Star Wars: Jedi Knight - PC
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast - PC
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy - PC
  • Star Wars: Racer Revenge - PS4
  • Star Wars: Rebel Assault - PC
  • Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire - PC
  • Star Wars: TIE Fighter - PC
  • Star Wars: X-Wing - PC

Thanks! Also, ew at those NES games. Super Star Wars is where it's at!

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
This is exciting...and confusing. They should be more clear on what system each game is being re-released on.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I'll be happy as hell to get some of those physically, especially Dark Forces and Jedi Knight.

I wonder if they're just doing Secret of Monkey Island or if they'll go deeper into Lucasfilm Games' point and clicks.

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II gets no respect, I swear. It was arguably the best PC game and best first-person shooter prior to Half-Life.
Agreed, that was a huge favorite of mine and I'd love to play it again when it's not the half-busted Steam version that I currently own. Unfortunately, barring a major subsequent announcement from LRG, it's at best going to be the GoG version which I'm sure is fine, but I don't game much on PC any more.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II gets no respect, I swear. It was arguably the best PC game and best first-person shooter prior to Half-Life.

Isn't Dark Forces II this?
Or is that different? I thought it was released as Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II and then the expansion was blah blah blah: Mysteries of the Sith. This whole series naming was confusing as hell

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Isn't Dark Forces II this?
Or is that different? I thought it was released as Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II and then the expansion was blah blah blah: Mysteries of the Sith. This whole series naming was confusing as hell

You know, it is. I apologize for missing it initially. I'm so used to seeing Dark Forces and Jedi Knight II represented in these lists with the middle game being ignored cheers.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Oh man. I thought this was a full retro collection on consoles where I could play Jedi Knight and Tie Fighter on my PS4 or Switch. This just seems like a repackaging. Jedi Knight will probably be a big box PC game with a code it. Bounty Hunter is just the current game you can get from the PSN store. Disappointing.

If Lucas Arts got a collection out on PC and all consoles of all major Star War games form the past 1990s to today (might need to make it two collections) then it would print money. I want a collection like this, only with more games and to be released on all consoles and PC.

Starwarsbestofpc.jpg

superNESjoe

Developer at Limited Run Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Oh man. I thought this was a full retro collection on consoles where I could play Jedi Knight and Tie Fighter on my PS4 or Switch. This just seems like a repackaging. Jedi Knight will probably be a big box PC game with a code it. Bounty Hunter is just the current game you can get from the PSN store. Disappointing.

If Lucas Arts got a collection out on PC and all consoles of all major Star War games form the past 1990s to today (might need to make it two collections) then it would print money. I want a collection like this, only with more games and to be released on all consoles and PC.

Starwarsbestofpc.jpg

None of our games are digital codes. Our entire goal is preserving physical media.