• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Two week pre-order windows include three Fridays, right? So more or less two weeks plus one day. It seems it's that way with Pixeljunk but I wanted to make sure it's the standard. I only plan to buy Cosmic Star Heroine of this week's releases so it would be nice be able to wait and see if I can pair it up with something on June 1st or June 8th to save a few bucks on shipping.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Considering there's now an Australian outfit that's printing games from the US (Hard Copy Games), I would suspect that it's theoretically possible. The biggest issue would be that I don't think they would be able to do US region (or PAL region) Vita carts, which would be a problem for games that doesn't come with all of the DLC.

Yeah, I hear you. A rebuild of the game, with all DLC/patches, and coded for that regions carts would need to happen, if I understand correctly. Not all devs are willing to do that, for one reason or another, looking back on past releases.

Technically there are Asia English releases that are coded to the same build as NA or (more often) EU versions of the game and work with the corresponding DLC, if I'm not mistaken.

I'd be interested in knowing what these releases were, and what were the challenges to code in a foreign build. If devs are willing to make complete builds for a physical run, I'd like to think that would give LRG and the like some wiggle room to continue with Vita releases.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I hear you. A rebuild of the game, with all DLC/patches, and coded for that regions carts would need to happen, if I understand correctly. Not all devs are willing to do that, for one reason or another, looking back on past releases.

The issue is that the DLC region has to match the cart's region in order to work, and that changing to a different account (that's registered in a different region) is a massive pain on the Vita. Hence why LRG shipping Asian region Vita carts would be problematic in the cases whereby the developer doesn't add in all of the DLC (and doesn't release subsequent DLC).

The games themselves would work (the Vita is region free, aside from aforementioned DLC compatibility issue), it's just that getting DLC would be difficult for people who don't use an Asian account as their main.

(Admittedly, this is also a problem for people like me who buy LRG et al Vita games and have them shipped to a PAL country: I can't buy local DLC for my hard copy, I have to do the account change dance to my US account, and then lose access to said DLC when I switch back to my main)

LimitedRunGames

Verified
Nov 2, 2017
BadLand's release is canceled worldwide. Any orders for that release will end up canceled and unfulfilled.

Before anyone gets upset, we didn't have anything to do with that - the developer came to us after everything with BadLand had already gone down. I'm unsure when BadLand will have the listings taken down from retailers, but I imagine it will be soon unless they want to anger their distributors.

JEKKI

Oct 27, 2017
hate to ask, but the Kickstarter emails for Cosmic Star Heroine haven't gone out yet? When will that happen? I'm hoping kickstarter privilege means we don't have to wake up early to purchase at the same time as everyone else >_<

Samuray

Nov 21, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Still wondering whether June 1 will be a breather.
That SMRPG CE looks gorgeous!! Shame I can't afford it, but I already have the game on PS4 so the other titles have priority for me.
But please continue with stuff like that, at this value for money-rate! The PJM2 CE sure feels lacking compared to this one, at the same price. :)

jRPG

Dec 13, 2017
Really hoping someone in the UK will answer this prior to CSH going on sale:

Am I likely to get hit by customs on orders from LRG? Or do they mark packages down / reship within the UK or EU?

EvilGizmo

Nov 14, 2017

Am I likely to get hit by customs on orders from LRG? Or do they mark packages down / reship within the UK or EU?

The shipping will be the same as our releases for the most part, so if you are in the UK your package will be sent DDP and you shouldn't get hit with any customs fees.
There are a few countries we send DDU, but most are DDP.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I've yet to have any customs problems, and I've had $400+ held orders shipped. You'll be fine.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
CHS KS backer promo codes just don't work for both if I have Vita and PS4 in cart together. It only applies to one version. Guess I'll need to order them separately which kinda sucks since it's $5.50 for each shipment.

Edit: Ah, so they have a combine orders form now. Very good.

Last edited:

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
FYI, promo codes are reversed in email. The one for PS4 works for Vita and vice-versa. In case anyone is confused.

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Finished Kero Blaster last night. Excellent game, glad it got a physical. Also happy next week is a break. Tomorrow will be hard on the wallet.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! It's extremely reassuring. Especially as I also have my eye on the Switch release of Night Trap, and undoubtedly a lot more things, now they're putting out Switch games in general.

you can put stuff on hold to save money $5 vs $15 and then have them all ship out at once when they're all ready to go

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
The issue is that the DLC region has to match the cart's region in order to work, and that changing to a different account (that's registered in a different region) is a massive pain on the Vita. Hence why LRG shipping Asian region Vita carts would be problematic in the cases whereby the developer doesn't add in all of the DLC (and doesn't release subsequent DLC).

The games themselves would work (the Vita is region free, aside from aforementioned DLC compatibility issue), it's just that getting DLC would be difficult for people who don't use an Asian account as their main.

(Admittedly, this is also a problem for people like me who buy LRG et al Vita games and have them shipped to a PAL country: I can't buy local DLC for my hard copy, I have to do the account change dance to my US account, and then lose access to said DLC when I switch back to my main)

Thanks for clarifyung. Well, I guess there doesn't seem to be a true fix to get around this.

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
When does the preorder period for CSH end? Is it today only? I can't find the information like in the other preorder listings which state the exact day and hour those end.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Snagged a PS4 LE for CSH, yes. Vita LE is nearly sold out strangely despite PS4 popularity. First LRG purchase since Jan

Raza

Nov 7, 2017
Ohio
Got both Vita standard and wanted to support them for SMRPG. Easy enough. Wow the SMRPG collector's sold out already.