• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
To answer a few questions:

There are regular & collector editions for both PS4 & Vita (so 4 SKUs). The regular editions are $30 and are open pre-order. The collector editions are $65 and have limited quantity.

Kickstarter backers will get an email with info on how they can order the collector editions in advance. If a substantial number of kickstarter backers order the collector editions, we'll up the quantity.

The regular editions are $5 more expensive than standard LRG releases because they include a 60+ full-color manual.

GAWD, thank you for making the standard editions a preorder. That makes getting everything I want so much easier.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Dumb question: when will the Cosmic Star Heroine standard pre-order end? I assume two weeks, as usual?

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing for me tomorrow, though depending on how PJM2 reviews I may grab it. Next week is gonna be rough on the wallet though. I really want both CEs, but man they're pricey.

Semoreh

Oct 28, 2017
France
I'm grabbing Escape Goat for sure, and after watching a few videos about Toto Temple : i'm going to take Toto Temple as well.

Sabreman

Oct 30, 2017

wesman

Oct 30, 2017
Pittsburgh
Man, no new comments for today's run. I usually sneak in here, and watch the excitement!

Pixel Junk 2 Collectors last almost 7 minutes. Given that, and this forum, I wonder if that oopsy with the vague announcement and subsequent delay, put people off at all.

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Man, no new comments for today's run. I usually sneak in here, and watch the excitement!
GOAT get!

Still wait and see for me with PJM2 until the reviews are out, not sure if I'm gonna get it on Switch or PS4. I'd prefer a portable version but I'm slightly skeptical how it's going to run on Switch with the impressive new zoomed-in graphics. No rush since pre-orders are open for two weeks.

Borman

Digital Games Curator at The Strong Museum
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
There is a demo out on Switch already (at least in some territories). I grabbed the CE of it.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
So next week, if I order Antiquia Lost and then pay $15 to have my hold order shipped, then buy Cosmic Star Heroine after changing my address back to the hold shipment address - that should mean that CSH is the first game in a new set of hold orders, right LimitedRunGames ?

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing for me this week either. I'll grab PJM2 during the preorder period.

I nearly bought Escape Goat 2, but then I realized I've owned it forever on Steam and never bothered to play it.

Occam

Oct 25, 2017
I bought everything. Because I was away I had to use my smartphone to order and reception was a bit spotty, and to make matters worse I had an appointment the minute the games went live. So I decided to go for the bundle because I didn't want to risk missing out. $269.99, urgh.
I like Pixeljunk Monsters and the other games are ok, too, but I can't help but feeling a little buyer's remorse; under normal circumstances I certainly wouldn't have bought the collectors' editions. Yay, $140 wasted.

blaze

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I bought everything. Because I was away I had to use my smartphone to order and reception was a bit spotty, and to make matters worse I had an appointment the minute the games went live. So I decided to go for the bundle because I didn't want to risk missing out. $269.99, urgh.
I like Pixeljunk Monsters and the other games are ok, too, but I can't help but feeling a little buyer's remorse; under normal circumstances I certainly wouldn't have bought the collectors' editions. Yay, $140 wasted.

I've got a few bundles in the past because it's been easier when I knew I didn't have the time, they're clearly still popular but I've pretty much gone off buying them when they're like today's one just because of the cost involved. It's one thing to convince myself it's fine when getting a single copy on each platform from the bundle but not so much when you end up with 4 copies of the same game.

Occam

Oct 25, 2017
Lol.
Fml. Aside from the Switch CE of Pixeljunk Monsters 2, the second batch still isn't sold out 5 hours later.
I would have had so much time...

EDIT:
Dear Limited Run Games, please use my donation wisely and get us many more Vita games before time runs out.
E.g. Crypt of the Necrodancer.

Last edited:

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's the morning after the night before, here's the scores on the doors:

LIMITED QUANTITY ITEMS
The Megabundle: 6 left
Escape Goat 2: 158
Toto Temple Deluxe: 355
PixelJunk Monsters 2 CE PS4: 461

No pre-order numbers, because LRG has blatantly screwed around with the quantity count for PixelJunk Monsters Switch and PC.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
It's been two months since I ordered Nurse Love Addiction and Organ Trail.
Should this have been shipped already? I thought I saw someone get the nurse game.

Meleina

Oct 25, 2017
It's been two months since I ordered Nurse Love Addiction and Organ Trail.
Should this have been shipped already? I thought I saw someone get the nurse game.

Based on their production updates page, they only just received the Vita version of Organ Trail (May 17, 2018). I think your games should ship in the next few weeks? They seem to have a lot of games shipping out now.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Based on their production updates page, they only just received the Vita version of Organ Trail (May 17, 2018). I think your games should ship in the next few weeks? They seem to have a lot of games shipping out now.
I forgot about those pages. Is there any easy link to them from the site? I had to google to find them.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Is it even possible for western indie publishing houses, like Limited Run Games, Strictly Limited Games, Signature Edition Games, etc to source Vita cartridges from the same source as Play Asia, for future releases? How specific are the rules around that kinda thing?

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is it even possible for western indie publishing houses, like Limited Run Games, Strictly Limited Games, Signature Edition Games, etc to source Vita cartridges from the same source as Play Asia, for future releases? How specific are the rules around that kinda thing?
Considering there's now an Australian outfit that's printing games from the US (Hard Copy Games), I would suspect that it's theoretically possible. The biggest issue would be that I don't think they would be able to do US region (or PAL region) Vita carts, which would be a problem for games that doesn't come with all of the DLC.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Heads up for the next batch of games: while Cosmic Star Heroine is expected to ship in July, which makes sense since sales will be open for two weeks, Antiquia Lost is supposed to ship in June, meaning no games from this next batch is ready to ship.

Also, Antiquia Lost has 3000 copies for the Vita, it seems rather high after the past few game that got prints under 2000 copies. We'll see how long the PS4 and Vita copies will last.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
At least Cosmic Star Heroine is an open preorder, so LRG has a really good excuse as to why they don't have any copies on hand of CSH.

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
I think I'll be ordering the two CEs seperately... I don't really want to wait for SMRPG to play CSH.

If that means I miss SMRPG I guess that'll have to be how it is, but I wants that CSH first and foremost.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think I'll be ordering the two CEs seperately... I don't really want to wait for SMRPG to play CSH.

If that means I miss SMRPG I guess that'll have to be how it is, but I wants that CSH first and foremost.
I'm probably going to skip the CEs entirely and stick with the base edition, largely because a) I completely missed the Sega CD, so I have no nostalgia for the longcases, and b) AFAIK Sega only did the longcases for NA, and the EU saw Sega CD games come in traditional CD jewelcases, which means that even if I did have a Sega CD, I still wouldn't have any nostalgia for the longcases!

I totally understand why LRG would want to add the longcases (they would want to use their replacement Sega CD longcases that they've manufactured for something other than just "replacement Sega CD longcases"), and Cosmic Star Heroine was inspired by the JRPGs from that era. It's just that, well, replacement Sega CD cases are 25 for a tenner over here. :p

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
I'm probably going to skip the CEs entirely and stick with the base edition, largely because a) I completely missed the Sega CD, so I have no nostalgia for the longcases, and b) AFAIK Sega only did the longcases for NA, and the EU saw Sega CD games come in traditional CD jewelcases, which means that even if I did have a Sega CD, I still wouldn't have any nostalgia for the longcases!

I totally understand why LRG would want to add the longcases (they would want to use their replacement Sega CD longcases that they've manufactured for something other than just "replacement Sega CD longcases"), and Cosmic Star Heroine was inspired by the JRPGs from that era. It's just that, well, replacement Sega CD cases are 25 for a tenner over here. :p

CSH is one of *the* games I've been waiting for since LRG came in to being, and I love 16 bit jrpgs, so I kinda feel obligated to go all out for this one. I'll definitely get at least the SMRPG standard, and I would've really liked just an option to get the steel case, but I'm fine ordering the CE. I'm not too worried about it though, since I already have the PS4 version.

calc84maniac

Oct 25, 2017
Considering there's now an Australian outfit that's printing games from the US (Hard Copy Games), I would suspect that it's theoretically possible. The biggest issue would be that I don't think they would be able to do US region (or PAL region) Vita carts, which would be a problem for games that doesn't come with all of the DLC.
Technically there are Asia English releases that are coded to the same build as NA or (more often) EU versions of the game and work with the corresponding DLC, if I'm not mistaken.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
so happy CSH is open preorder, I was preparing for a blood bath, but instead I'll just be easily able to order a copy for my Vita...