• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Right.. especially when I like to watch a couple videos and such, as I'm often not familiar with the game. I'm surprised there isn't even more uproar about this.

Same. Usually if it's not a game I've really heard of, I like to skim a couple reviews, watch some gameplay, see if it's worth the money. I don't want to miss out on an LE because I didn't get that chance.

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Oh hey, look, we're famous:

FWIW I'm not 100% it's PixelJunk Monsters 2. Sure the art is titled that, and I'm sure the naming was intentional, but the biggest discrepancy is price. PJM2 is going to cost $15 digitally, but tomorrow's game will cost $40. The only games that get priced that high usually $30 (though maybe $25 now? The new pricing scheme hasn't been consistent).

Of course, the increase in cost could have something to do with included DLC, but if it's PJM2, the game doesn't even release until later may, who knows when dlc comes out, and it takes 2-3 months for Nintendo to make the carts. That means that, unless they already have the dlc ready to go, we probably wouldn't be receiving our games until September or October.

I mean, I guess PJM2 is possible, but it's just not adding up for me.

Edit: Doug just liked a post mentioning PJM2, so... maybe? If it is I'll probably just grab the standard edition.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Oh hey, look, we're famous:

FWIW I'm not 100% it's PixelJunk Monsters 2. Sure the art is titled that, and I'm sure the naming was intentional, but the biggest discrepancy is price. PJM2 is going to cost $15 digitally, but tomorrow's game will cost $40. The only games that get priced that high usually $30 (though maybe $25 now? The new pricing scheme hasn't been consistent).

Of course, the increase in cost could have something to do with included DLC, but if it's PJM2, the game doesn't even release until later may, who knows when dlc comes out, and it takes 2-3 months for Nintendo to make the carts. That means that, unless they already have the dlc ready to go, we probably wouldn't be receiving our games until September or October.

I mean, I guess PJM2 is possible, but it's just not adding up for me.

LOL
Thanks Wario, but it was just a silly guess based on the initials.

As for the price, perhaps it's more because it will include the DLC.
Also, it looks like the CE page has errors. it mentions Nintendo, and a cartridge, but this is PS4 right?

ConanEdogawa

Oct 31, 2017
Hmm, if the standard is $39.99, the game should cost $24.99-$29.99 digitally. If it is PixelJunk Monsters 2, that's a huge premium. Unless it's a placeholder price.

Draconis

Oct 28, 2017
So,

Am I alone in feeling that the constant stream of multiple releases every week of the month is getting to be a bit much?

I remember one weekend last month, thinking that only one game was going to release and sighing in relief as I wouldn't need to spend that much. Only to check Thursday night and find out 4+ Releases were put up, plus records etc.

I want to support the company. I do. But weekly releases and multiple items releasing every Friday is exacting a very heavy toll on the wallet for hardcore collectors I'd imagine.

I would really prefer for LRG to lighten up on this. It's getting to be a bit much.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
So,

I want to support the company. I do. But weekly releases and multiple items releasing every Friday is exacting a very heavy toll on the wallet for hardcore collectors I'd imagine.

I would really prefer for LRG to lighten up on this. It's getting to be a bit much.

definitely aren't the only one

i was looking at LRG's twitter and some dude has spent 1100$+ on LRG since march, just to keep up

https://twitter.com/Moneyjaypr7/status/994610845329084416

LRG is trying to keep him on board though

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
So,

Am I alone in feeling that the constant stream of multiple releases every week of the month is getting to be a bit much?

I remember one weekend last month, thinking that only one game was going to release and sighing in relief as I wouldn't need to spend that much. Only to check Thursday night and find out 4+ Releases were put up, plus records etc.

I want to support the company. I do. But weekly releases and multiple items releases every Friday is exacting a very heavy toll on the wallet for hardcore collectors I'd imagine.

It's a "can't make everyone happy" situation. The complete collectors onus is on them. They nade the choice and it's not LRG fault for releasing stuff consistantly to... make money. I'm sure the majority is like me, who just pick and chose what we buy. So even less games means even less purchases from us.

Blacksark

Nov 21, 2017
Slowing down the releases has to be one of my favourite jokes ever, because the releases keep geting crazier each month.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
I can't really fault them for having so much to sell either.
I just wish everything wasn't a pre-order essentially.

Nope. In a way, I'm glad the Vita slowed down as it has, only two releases per month is more than enough for me.
Yeah, the Vita slowdown has been good for my wallet. It is about that time though.
Glad I stopped buying PS4 long ago, else, ouch!

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
It's a "can't make everyone happy" situation. The complete collectors onus is on them. They nade the choice and it's not LRG fault for releasing stuff consistantly to... make money. I'm sure the majority is like me, who just pick and chose what we buy. So even less games means even less purchases from us.

Nope. They're in the business of releasing limited print games. If they release too many different games, they flood the market and implode the business. When people can't keep up, they're likely to give it up altogether.

Draconis

Oct 28, 2017

I can understand that viewpoint. It doesn't diminish my concern or viewpoint however, or even that of others, as I am seeing multiple people on twitter complaining about the release pace of late, etc

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
The current release pace is probably due to the various old contracts they signed that stated "This game must be released before this Date", hence the 24.99 pricing.

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
I guess if I were trying to collect everything I'd be extremely frustrated, but going for a complete LRG collection just seems like a ridiculous notion at this point. I can't really blame LRG for releasing a steady stream of games, though the quality in 2018 (except switch) has been a smidge questionable.

Side note, I still REALLY hope Elliot Quest wasn't one of the games LRG gave up. Hopefully it'll get a reasonable print run from Hard Copy.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Nope. They're in the business of releasing limited print games. If they release too many different games, they flood the market and implode the business. When people can't keep up, they're likely to give it up altogether.

But it still depends what the games are. I'm still in the mindset that these hardcore collectors are in the minority. If anything, they just help the bad games sell out. Everything still sells out eventually.

I can understand that viewpoint. It doesn't diminish my concern or viewpoint however, or even that of others, as I am seeing multiple people on twitter complaining about the release pace of late, etc

At least that one loyal guy on Twitter was given an option to be on a payment plan or prefered list. It's still an option, but ultimately the "too many games" is still on their choice of having that complete collection.

As a collector of NA-region Japanese LEs, I know this all too well, since everything gets an LE announced. I complain about my wallet, but I can't fault any of the companies, being my own choice.

ConanEdogawa

Oct 31, 2017
I gave up my complete collection last year. It was just too much. My hats off to anyone who's kept it up this long. That's a ton of games.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Did they raise the price of Aaero to $30, or is it just me? Kinda irked that it wouldn't ship until JULY though when it's being sold in MAY. I'd rather they not charge people until they ship at this rate... Or at least a temporary charge to "lock" the purchase in place.

If the upcoming release is of PJM2 then it would be a bit disappointing to say the least. I love Spike Chunsoft's stuff but it would be yet another game to come out very late.

That being said, if any of those crazy "complete collectors" thought the task of getting a complete set was going to be anything but pricey, that's on them. There's been a lot of releases, sure but I still think last summer was quite busy in comparison... Not to mention how so many devs want to jump on board with LRG now it's not even funny. As for me, I'll be waiting for true Switch exclusives, or games that actually ship out the same week. I'm not gonna constantly complain all the time like some people do though, as I know some things are out of their control

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm glad that I bailed on the collecting thing. If I'm being honest, I wish I didn't have a lot of the games I did buy.

I've been doing some sales lately for the first time in years and LRG (purge) stuff will be coming up soon. Hitting bigger items first.

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
I gave up my complete collection last year. It was just too much. My hats off to anyone who's kept it up this long. That's a ton of games.

Me too. I was only one game shy of a complete collection, and then a slew of shovelware releases just turned me off. I still love LRG, and hope they hold true to "slowing down" or at least be a bit more Limited on their choices. I really don't need mobile ports or shovelware $2.00 games in physical format.

Not a fan of the mystery game thing though when this is a luxury expense for most people and many have to budget for it.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Will we at least know what the secret game is like, an hour at least before the games go up tomorrow?

Emka

Oct 27, 2017
Not alone at all. And I don't collect everything, I only buy what interests me.

Prices will also increase at some point (from $24,99 minimum to $29.99).
Current release pace and the increase in prices are going to be a deadly combo.

Last edited:

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Did they raise the price of Aaero to $30, or is it just me? Kinda irked that it wouldn't ship until JULY though when it's being sold in MAY. I'd rather they not charge people until they ship at this rate... Or at least a temporary charge to "lock" the purchase in place.

I just assumed it'd be $25, but I'll pass at $30. Seems neat, but I don't think there's enough there to justify my purchase.

I do miss the days when they had games in hand, ready to ship. These games are basically all preorders at this point, except the money is taken up front instead of when it ships. I realize that's probably the only way they can operate, but it's still a bummer to pay $30 and then not see anything for a month or two.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
...wait, hang on, wasn't the reasoning for the surprise game remaining a secret that it was going to coincide with an announcement? Why would it be PixelJunk Monsters 2 then? What would they have to announce?

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Not alone at all. And I don't collect everything, I only buy what interests me.

Prices will also increase at some point (from $24,99 minimum to $29.99).
Current release pace and the increase in prices are going to be a deadly combo.

didn't josh say the price increase was caused by ESRB fees but later on said something about ESRB lowering fees for their level of physical copy publishing?

denpanosekai

Oct 28, 2017
The 5$ increase on Aaero is due to including all DLC which some of us have been vocal enough to be heard by LRG. I'm happy, but sorry to read it's not your thing.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
I wanted the DLC with Aaero, don't get me wrong, I just didn't think they'd hike the price and delay production even more for it

Emka

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe... but the listing did launch at 25$ without DLC mention and the 5$ increase came with the DLC mention... only LRG can say for sure.
No, I don't think you understood me. LRG said the price of all PS4 games will increase from $24.99 to $29.99 (minimum) in the future. (Supposedly because of ESRB).

If the price of Aaero has increased because of its DLCs, that's unrelated to the future price increase I am referring to.

We are talking about different things that are not related.

Last edited:

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
So wild speculation, but I'm just gonna commit to a left field theory.

I think (like sorta? 70% but that doesn't matter) they're going to announce a Shovel Knight Complete Collection. All content on disc/cart, plus the collector's edition. The price makes sense, the dlc makes sense (king knight should be coming soon), and it's on all three specified platforms.

Of course, the real draw here is the switch version. A lot of people already have it on PS4, hence why they're doing preorders for that, too, so they don't over order.

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
It wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility that they did that on purpose to throw us off the trail. Josh and Doug aren't Walmart or some rando employee.

Pixeljunk Monsters 2 just doesn't make sense to me. The pricing is wrong, the game isn't even out until later this month, has dlc even been announced for it? Why would LRG sell a game they probably won't even be able to ship until the Fall?