• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Well it failed at combating bots as people who wanted it didn't know where to go.

The annoying thing is they tweeted prior to the page to go on teh product page prior to orders being open to have a faster chance of getting it. This just confused everyone and didn't help.

They only had 30, they should have just done a lottery and just picked out people who could buy and send then an email.

The way they did it was a total joke. A lot of complaints online too about it.

They fucked this up.

If you read the page it would outright link to you where it was: no matter what people would get pissed so i'm not sure what else they could have done besides make them blind box only like Shantae PC, which also made people pissed.

Angsty folk will remain that way no matter what you do sometimes, unfortunately. Could have done a giveaway for them on twitter I suppose but that's even more of a rarity anyone will get one.

I think I'm just at a point where I'd rather support scalpers than Limited Run. Or at least keep a better eye on places like iam8bit, Strictly Limited, etc. I want to support physical releases, but every time I try and pick Limited Run back up it feels fruitless. It sucks that sometimes it feels like they care more about scalpers than customers.

Except they do open preorders for pretty much everything at this point due to CV19?!? Like, outside of this blowout sale, they don't really do limited prints as much unless it's for a minor PS4 game. Kinda hard not to get what you want at this point unless you're broke when they list it for the entirety of the time. Much better than Super Rare where their stuff comes with little warning and sells out due to not having enough time to prepare for such sales (LRG does little warning these days but give plenty of preorder time), and then resale prices are almost always 2/3X more than the MSRP, even for minor games. I'm still pissed that SRG sold out of Evoland so quick and it's nearly 100 dollars still, and I kick myself for picking my health insurance over it to this day since I assumed it'd last more than a day or so. And then they only put leftovers in blind boxes and didn't even try to do a blowout-thing like LRG even though that would have at least given me an earnest shot at the game. The only SRG I got secondhand was Octahedron by some miracle.

Honestly with LRG unless it's a rare oddball like Pirate's curse or some PS4 CEs, most games I miss I can usually get for only 10-20 more, sometimes even less than MSRP in the case of stuff I got lately like Aaero and Factorum 90

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
I planned to get River City Girls, and the CEs for Transistor and VA-11 Hall-A but unfortunately due to them taking too long to activate the page for the latter, I ended up losing River City and Transistor in my cart. I was refreshing on VA-11's CE page but the darn thing suddenly went out of stock instantaneously. In the end, I simply went for the standard Switch copy for VA-11 Hall-A.

bob100

Oct 29, 2017
If you read the page it would outright link to you where it was: no matter what people would get pissed so i'm not sure what else they could have done besides make them blind box only like Shantae PC, which also made people pissed.

Angsty folk will remain that way no matter what you do sometimes, unfortunately. Could have done a giveaway for them on twitter I suppose but that's even more of a rarity anyone will get one.

Except they do open preorders for pretty much everything at this point due to CV19?!? Like, outside of this blowout sale, they don't really do limited prints as much unless it's for a minor PS4 game. Kinda hard not to get what you want at this point unless you're broke when they list it for the entirety of the time. Much better than Super Rare where their stuff comes with little warning and sells out due to not having enough time to prepare for such sales (LRG does little warning these days but give plenty of preorder time), and then resale prices are almost always 2/3X more than the MSRP, even for minor games. I'm still pissed that SRG sold out of Evoland so quick and it's nearly 100 dollars still, and I kick myself for picking my health insurance over it to this day since I assumed it'd last more than a day or so. And then they only put leftovers in blind boxes and didn't even try to do a blowout-thing like LRG even though that would have at least given me an earnest shot at the game. The only SRG I got secondhand was Octahedron by some miracle.

Honestly with LRG unless it's a rare oddball like Pirate's curse or some PS4 CEs, most games I miss I can usually get for only 10-20 more, sometimes even less than MSRP in the case of stuff I got lately like Aaero and Factorum 90

I don't think you understand what actually happened. LRG tweeted stating that everyone should have the page up ready before the sale started for the products they wanted.

Then they did a switch on Jak & Daxter. Everyone was confused about the listing page changing and by the time they tweeted / people realised the page description had the link was sold out. I even think they put the listing up before the start of the sale. All the products should have gone up at the same time especially if you are buying more they one product otherwise you get screwed on multiple shipping costs vs having everything delivered in 1 box.

If they were that concerned about bots then they should have just done a raffle of 30 "winners" who could purchase. That is the simplest way of doing it instead of confusing your customers. It was a joke the way they did it.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think you understand what actually happened. LRG tweeted stating that everyone should have the page up ready before the sale started for the products they wanted.

Then they did a switch on Jak & Daxter. Everyone was confused about the listing page changing and by the time they tweeted / people realised the page description had the link was sold out. I even think they put the listing up before the start of the sale. All the products should have gone up at the same time especially if you are buying more they one product otherwise you get screwed on multiple shipping costs vs having everything delivered in 1 box.

If they were that concerned about bots then they should have just done a raffle of 30 "winners" who could purchase. That is the simplest way of doing it instead of confusing your customers. It was a joke the way they did it.
What's the difference between a raffle and what happened?

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017

They literally linked to the real page in the description and people with eagle eyes could buy it legitimately without a bot being able to. It was the only way they could have killed bots and shopify mandates manual putting up of items so it would have taken a bit for all the items to go up anyway. They literally couldn't have done anything about it besides maybe do an early release of blind boxes before the blowout items (which I hope they do for the vita sale personally), so they had little they could do.

bob100

Oct 29, 2017
What's the difference between a raffle and what happened?

A lot of people were primed to go through as soon as the "add to basket" available. This was what LRG tweeted would be the process by telling everyone to have the product page up for orders with low volumes. So when the page changed to Lawbreakers, a lot of people were confused as to what was happening.

They then came out and said they didn't want bots to purchase, but this was after all this happened. If they wanted to avoid bots and not to annoy customers (having told them to be ready on the page to buy) they should have just done a raffle for the 30 sets they had available which would have prevented a lot of customers from being confused as to what was going on.

They literally linked to the real page in the description and people with eagle eyes could buy it legitimately without a bot being able to. It was the only way they could have killed bots and shopify mandates manual putting up of items so it would have taken a bit for all the items to go up anyway. They literally couldn't have done anything about it besides maybe do an early release of blind boxes before the blowout items (which I hope they do for the vita sale personally), so they had little they could do.

I don't think it even prevented bots. But anyway linking to the real page after everyone was told to have the product page up before the sale..yeah that's sounds great.

Imagine if Amazon did this with Playstation 5 preorders or some shit. Everyone waiting for "fastest finger" and then change the product page to something totally unrelated such as Xbox 360 and within the description link to the real page. Of course this will cause upset and confusion as a lot of people thought they were on the right page and ready to pull the trigger and buy.

It was a total farce how they did this last second.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
For me this particular issue doesn't seem like a big deal. Expectations should be very low for acquiring an item in high demand and only had 30 units going up today.
They even attempted to do something to try and avoid letting bots snag it.

I just wish they'd let people combine shipping. It's goofy that people might have to place multiple orders within minutes of each other to lock in games and end up paying heavy shipping on each item.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
For me this particular issue doesn't seem like a big deal. Expectations should be very low for acquiring an item in high demand and only had 30 units going up today.
They even attempted to do something to try and avoid letting bots snag it.

I just wish they'd let people combine shipping. It's goofy that people might have to place multiple orders within minutes of each other to lock in games and end up paying heavy shipping on each item.
Yup this one makes me mad. It's insane I have 10+ orders over the course of the past 6 months and I have to spend $200USD on shipping.

iamsirjoshua

Oct 28, 2017
Rain World went up about 4 minutes before the sale started (possibly all PS4 games in general, saw others were also available). I didn't want to pay for double shipping, so I didn't immediately buy it because I was waiting for another game to go up, which... ended up showing up about 4 minutes after the sale started! Needless to say, Rain World was long gone whilst I was still waiting for the other game to be available, lol. Ah, well, it was a gamble waiting. I hope everybody got at least one game they were after, at least!

Exactly how I lost Rain World as well. Got 2 other games I was hoping to, so overall I'm happy with the outcome (and really feel for those who lost their whole cart), but I can't help but feel a tinge of disappointment about how the whole thing was handled.

I was actually hoping to throw in some protective cases with my order but didn't want to risk taking too long, and don't want to pay shipping on a second order just for those after seeing some of the anecdotes here that they are unlikely to combine shipping costs. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to pick up some PS4 and Switch-sized protective cases? Thanks in advance for any tips!

Electricb7

Oct 27, 2017
They really bungled the Jak collection. I was so mad I didn't even do research on what had happened but that's fucked up for everyone that was there following their instructions and everything. I thought they had just taken it down once the countdown reached zero or something. Because when searching Highest price to lowest it didn't even show up. 5 mins later it was back up on the page for me and of course it was sold out. I didn't even bother trying to get the Jak X collectors edition becasue I didn't even want them to have my money at that point.

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017
I guess I'm just glad I managed to pick up a regular copy of VA-11 Hall A. They didn't have 2064 so off to ebay I go. Those CE's disappeared instantly.

bob100

Oct 29, 2017
They really bungled the Jak collection. I was so mad I didn't even do research on what had happened but that's fucked up for everyone that was there following their instructions and everything. I thought they had just taken it down once the countdown reached zero or something. Because when searching Highest price to lowest it didn't even show up. 5 mins later it was back up on the page for me and of course it was sold out. I didn't even bother trying to get the Jak X collectors edition becasue I didn't even want them to have my money at that point.

Yeah it's such poor form by them, a total shitshow by Limited Run Games

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
anyone internationally have an order shipped just before christmas and have any movement on their package?

just a heads up if you order from VGP use paypal

Yeah I'm not gonna buy from there, not after they stole my grandma's cc a year ago when she bought a gift from me. I still can't fucking believe they didn't fix that. I let the site owner know about their security flaw back in Jan of 2020 and if they STILL haven't fixed it that's an utter joke.

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
just a heads up if you order from VGP use paypal
Oof, how I even forget to mention this.

Yeah I'm not gonna buy from there, not after they stole my grandma's cc a year ago when she bought a gift from me. I still can't fucking believe they didn't fix that. I let the site owner know about their security flaw back in Jan of 2020 and if they STILL haven't fixed it that's an utter joke.
Yeah, this has been going on for more than a year. More like 5+ years... It's never getting fixed, their site is hacked and they don't know how to fix it.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017

Yeah, this has been going on for more than a year. More like 5+ years... It's never getting fixed, their site is hacked and they don't know how to fix it.

So why the hell do they not have a warning up on the payment page? or their twitter? or anything public? Seems utterly stupid to just not inform your customers or do a damn about fixing it...

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

VGP was hacked in 2012 and cc's haven't been secure since at least then. They were probably getting stolen before then.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Picked up Paper Beast. I believe it's from the director behind Another World. Looks real pretty and I've seen a lot of positive acclaim from people around here.
Slowly building up a small collection of PSVR games with no actual headset...

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Scott Pilgrim release is great, hope the book is available separately elsewhere as i already have the soundtrack and don't really want any of the other stuff apart from the map

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Limited Run to begin releasing Xbox titles themselves this year:

Guess the speculated change to print copies on Xbox was accurate.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Limited Run to begin releasing Xbox titles themselves this year:

Guess the speculated change to print copies on Xbox was accurate.
Good news. Also, I will be waiting to see what else they will release in the next six weeks so I can combine the shipping. Might even get both, Switch and PS4 versions.

Between this, the upcoming Castlevania Collection, the Jak games and seemingly Xbox support, I believe they can possibly do a lot more this year.

Maybe we will have a chance to buy Castlevania Requiem for PS4 after all. Also hoping for the M2 Shottriggers releases. So Ketsui, Sorcer Striker, Dangun Feveron and Esp.Ra.De.

Plus I also want to pick up a physical version of Katana Zero, which is already confirmed, and Huntdown.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely in for the switch version.

But I am debating getting both... the Switch version is probably what I will play the most, but If there are any downsides to the switch version I know I will want both.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
it has nothing on the Vita d-pad tho
Yeah but it has games tho

I also think the PS4 d-pad is on another level compared to the Joy-Cons simply because there is no d-pad. Makes some or most 2D games actually a pain to play. Really hope Nintendo releases a fully featured Joy-Con (as in it has a battery, gyro + HD rumble) with a real d-pad for the revision, even if I have to purchase it seperately.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
What are the chances that LRG will do No More Heroes 1 and 2 next? Or would XSEED be more likely to do physical editions of those games?

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What are the chances that LRG will do No More Heroes 1 and 2 next? Or would XSEED be more likely to do physical editions of those games?
Given that the last Xseed published game not to get a US retail release eventually got a physical print through LRG (Senran Kagura Reflexions), I'd say the odds of NMH 1 & 2 getting an LRG release is very high.

beezer

Nov 5, 2017
Need some advice. I've never bought anything from LRG before, but now i'm going for collectors edition of Scott Pilgrim. I was wondering how are they working with international shipping and how fast one should usually be to snatch a pre-order?

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Need some advice. I've never bought anything from LRG before, but now i'm going for collectors edition of Scott Pilgrim. I was wondering how are they working with international shipping and how fast one should usually be to snatch a pre-order?
Pre-orders are open for a six week period starting next Friday, January 15th. As long as your order before the six weeks are up, you are good.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Did anyone's purchases from the blowout sale already ship? First time I bought something in a blowout sale so I don't know how long they usually need to ship stuff.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you. One more question: approximately how long it usually takes LRG to ship pre-orders after deadline?

A while. Like don't rely on it if it's a game you want right away since it could be a year. I got stuff from May that hasn't shipped for example. Typically preorder items don't even start production till the preorder window is closed.

This is fine for someone like me who just wants physical versions of the games I get from them and have no pressing need to get them right away, but not for someone who is buying to play right now/soon. And I still prefer the preorder system over the alturnitive since it means I can wait a few weeks and combine orders/don't have to be ready the moment they go live.

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
I'm looking at that Scott Pilgrim pre-order on Friday and need it in my life, but got a question I can't find an answer for and wondered if someone might be able to answer - do LRG releases get released in just ESRB ratings or do they get PEGI ratings on the art for UK/Europe releases? Thanks.