• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
To add some more details...
PS5 release date is "soon." As soon as it's finalized, we'll share the actual date.
LRG is aiming to get Switch physical copies to buyers before Christmas. They're not positive on PS5 copies since that depends on the PS5 release date.
We added a New Game+ to all versions of the game (PC will get a patch). Besides letting you continue any R'lyehtionships you didn't finish in the main game, we've also added a few new story scenes & powerful pieces of equipment that weren't in the main game.

I'm super excited that we're going to have one of the first PS5 games. I've always wanted to be part of a console launch. :)

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's LRG's policy to have price parity. If the PS5 version somehow drives up costs, they would increase the price of the Switch version.
I remember some individuals on this very forum cheering the practice when Switch versions increased PS4 pricing.

I'm sure they'll be just as enthusiastic about this. Right?

———————————————————————
Anyway. Where the actual hell is PS4 Seven Sirens? Is it somehow attached to the special editions they're waiting for?

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I got a shipping notice yesterday. I was surprised because I can't remember the last time I've seen one. Out of curiosity, I decided to check: I've put in 12 orders since February. Of these, only one (an order from March) has been shipped since, exactly the one I got the notification for now. It's 10 months later. Even with the pandemic, that's kind of absurd, isn't it?

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't even recall that or why that would be something to be happy about. Switch owners that don't buy PS4? No idea.
Feel free to dig through the thread history. I made a bit of an ass of myself contesting it.

I assume those who were happy about it were glad that buyers for other platforms would now be subject to the Switch tax.

Last edited:

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Realistically there should be no reason for increased costs on PS5 games. It's the same old disc in a case... But new logo's now, woo hoo!

Yeah, collecting here is hell.
depends on how Sony does things, PS5 discs are UHD discs which are 66/100GB discs but they may do what they did on PS2 with allowing some games to use CDROM and allow smaller games to use blu-ray discs but i don't honestly think there will be much difference in price wholesale since UHD movies are pretty much the same price that blu-rays where when they were the top format to buy

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Ugh:

So they've been sitting on the standard PS4 copies "for a while now" and won't ship them out until the collector editions are in. No explanation why they can't mail out the standard editions and the CEs in separate batches.

What the fuck? It's miscommunication like this that makes me loathe dealing with LRG. Jesus Christ. All my shit is being held up because of an unrelated CE.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017

Because I couldn't get Papers Please on vita this year my last order with them was december 27th 2019. So fuck me I guess.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck? It's miscommunication like this that makes me loathe dealing with LRG. Jesus Christ. All my shit is being held up because of an unrelated CE.

atleast it isn't as bad as Ultracore with SLG, i think they started sending out switch copies in october and weren't doing the PS4 orders until they finished so i ended up getting it in february

I got excited for a second and then realized my first order was from January 2016. Just missed it!
April 2016 for me RIP

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I checked the Wiki, and unless you bought the original Breach and Clear release, you did not start in 2015. Everything after that released in 2016.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
Another January 2016 buyer here. So basically just a reward for the early Breach and Clear purchasers.

Man I should have bought that game.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Good to see Panzer Dragoon's finally almost out.

I wonder what the heck is up with the Jedi games. My Switch double pack has been showing "On Deck" for like a month now.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Cthulhu Saves Christmas is officially PS5 Limited Run #1. :)

limitedrungames.com

PS5 Limited Run #1: Cthulhu Saves Christmas

Cthulhu Saves Christmas on physical disc for the PlayStation 5. Region free. Includes full-color interior art and a full-color booklet. The master of insanity, Cthulhu, has lost his powers (again!?) and the only way he can get them back is by rescuing Santa Claus from the League of Christmas...

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017

limitedrungames.com

Cthulhu Saves Christmas on physical disc for the PlayStation 5. Region free. Includes full-color interior art and a full-color booklet. The master of insanity, Cthulhu, has lost his powers (again!?) and the only way he can get them back is by rescuing Santa Claus from the League of Christmas...

Very exciting! I hope it does well and entices people to give it a go.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017

limitedrungames.com

And the price is still the same. Yay!

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
So this looks like good news for more physical copies of localized Japanese games.

I wonder how profitable The House in Fata Morgana was for LRG. They were claiming to have many plans and been in talks with many japanese publishers and developers for localization in 2018 and yet, nothing came from that other than Fata Morgana.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder how profitable The House in Fata Morgana was for LRG. They were claiming to have many plans and been in talks with many japanese publishers and developers for localization in 2018 and yet, nothing came from that other than Fata Morgana.

I wonder if it's due to contract/paperwork stuff taking a while. Deals in business can take... a long time. And maybe plans fell apart.