• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

oggob

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney, Australia
So I got my copies of Steam world Heist & Dig for Vita Today, Surprisingly steam world Heist cover was folded in the shrinkwrap, Took a pic and contacted the support. Hopefully they can sort it out somehow.
Anyone experienced that ?

Got mine today, although not folded, my cover was "very high" in the sleeve almost in line with the top of the case. No damage, but very close to have an unwanted crease...

As I unwrap, it was an easy adjustment in the end

Sabreman

Oct 30, 2017
Is anyone here bothered about the fact that some copies of SteamWorld Dig & SteamWorld Heist did actually have the variant cover facing outward & (obviously) factory sealed?

Sabreman

Oct 30, 2017
It's been done before.
I believe they are avoiding that for future releases and just keeping it one cover always outward with reversible option.

It seems very strange that 'an odd box' of 60 games got sealed the wrong way round & nobody noticed - even the shipping team.

Looking around I've only seen two mentions of people receiving the other covers. One on Twitter & the other, the LRG forum moderator who got both variant covers sealed.

And it also appears that Factotum is getting two different/separate covers as well.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
It seems very strange that 'an odd box' of 60 games got sealed the wrong way round & nobody noticed - even the shipping team.

Looking around I've only seen two mentions of people receiving the other covers. One on Twitter & the other, the LRG forum moderator who got both variant covers sealed.

And it also appears that Factotum is getting two different/separate covers as well.

They weren't the wrong way around, it's on purpose.
I meant they were going to avoid doing this on purpose in the future.

Don't underestimate the shipping team.
Heh, this too.

MrFortyFive

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Will take ages until they reach 60k followers to reveal the next Switch game.

I feel like by the time they do it'll already be time to release some Switch games. Especially that 65k mark. Boosting your Twitter followers by 7-16% is no trivial task. They got a pretty big boost when the follower incentive was announced, but that boost might be the upper limit of what can be mustered quickly.

Sabreman

Oct 30, 2017
They weren't the wrong way around, it's on purpose.
I meant they were going to avoid doing this on purpose in the future.

Heh, this too.

Think I'm having a senior moment here. :/

When LRG discussed the SteamWorld covers, they clearly said that 'full collectors' wouldn't have to worry as everyone would get the same cover, so completionists only had to buy one copy of each. But a mysterious box got printed differently?

Then they said no more different covers & yet here's Factotum with two covers.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Think I'm having a senior moment here. :/

When LRG discussed the SteamWorld covers, they clearly said that 'full collectors' wouldn't have to worry as everyone would get the same cover, so completionists only had to buy one copy of each. But a mysterious box got printed differently?

Then they said no more different covers & yet here's Factotum with two covers.

Oh, dang. I must have missed that then.
If you can find that statement, it'd be helpful. I see what you mean now.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Everything changed, next Switch announcement is at 60k followers now.

Looks like that might get revised down a bit too :P

I wonder if they're going to be weaving in PS4 & Vita announcements in between. It's been a bit heavy on Switch for a few days now, which I do understand since they're trying to drum up business.

Sabreman

Oct 30, 2017
Oh, dang. I must have missed that then.
If you can find that statement, it'd be helpful. I see what you mean now.

Found this image on the LRG forum which a member posted.

IMG_20180103_180132.jpg

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they're going to be weaving in PS4 & Vita announcements in between. It's been a bit heavy on Switch for a few days now, which I do understand since they're trying to drum up business.

Haven't you heard? Every Vita owner moved on to the Switch, there's no need to release Vita titles anymore.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Haven't you heard? Every Vita owner moved on to the Switch, there's no need to release Vita titles anymore.

Hey, they're still doing loads for Vita. And I'm hopeful they'll realise what a good thing they've got going with this niche is well into the future as well.

But yes, I remember those comments :P

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I hope we get Senko no Ronde and Phantom Breaker (maybe all 3 versions this time?) officially announced :x

LimitedRunGames

Verified
Nov 2, 2017
Woof, these forums got a little toxic while I was at PAX.

Canceled games weren't anything we've announced.

We do have Switch exclusive games signed.

LordHuffnPuff

Doctor Videogames at Allfather Productions
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
webernet
I could've sworn like eight months ago I read there was some news on the horizon about The House in Fata Morgana on Vita - did that evaporate? Did I dream it?

NDPsycho

Oct 27, 2017
Woof, these forums got a little toxic while I was at PAX.

Canceled games weren't anything we've announced.

We do have Switch exclusive games signed.

Well, when you occupy the likely role of principle Vita publisher in the coming year, you have to kind of expect cancellations to bring a little salt :) That said, it doesn't feel worse...maybe you just had too good of a time at PAX?

LimitedRunGames

Verified
Nov 2, 2017
Well, when you occupy the likely role of principle Vita publisher in the coming year, you have to kind of expect cancellations to bring a little salt :) That said, it doesn't feel worse...maybe you just had too good of a time at PAX?

I don't think it was anything big or Vita exclusive.

Should have something to say about Fata soon!

OP
OP
GodzillaDB

GodzillaDB

Oct 25, 2017
Have you guys approached the studio about machinearium at all ?
I've been meaning to mention this info since you keep asking about Machinarium, but I'm afraid it isn't anything on the hopeful side. A fan asked the developer, Amanita Design, back in late September if they were interested in making hard copies of that game and LRG iterated that they'd like to help make it a possibility. Sadly, the team responded, "We're not planning any physical releases anytime soon."