• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
This is super random, but I still have my cardboard copy, lol.

And you all are thinking too small. Think bigger.

Think unlocalized games.

I cannot be the only one here that wants to see El Dorado (Dreamcast), Dragon Shadow Spell (PS2), Blood of Bahamut (DS), and London Seirei Tanteidan (PS1) localized.

noquarter

Oct 25, 2017
This is super random, but I still have my cardboard copy, lol.

And you all are thinking too small. Think bigger.

Think unlocalized games.
Yeah, I'm torn on this. I love my Sega CD, so will probably buy this, but man, I have a cardboard copy of this game. At least it is in a plastic case, I guess, unlike Rebel Assault, which I still might buy, even though I think I have two complete copies of that one already. Guess at least it is sealed... trying to justify these to myself.

Cyberninja776

Oct 28, 2017
The Japanese PS4 Clannad has English text.
That's good to know, I thought they only did that for the switch release. Either way I'm waiting for the LR release so I can get a limited edition, otherwise I would have just imported the Switch version like I initially planned, but the LR announcement came the same day so I've been waiting.

russbus64

May 1, 2018
Just wanted to share that my Shadows of the Empire finally came in recently, as well as Yooka Laylee from eBay. Anyone else think there should be a special edition for Impossible Lair?

Oct 27, 2017
A bit late, but can't believe we're getting Sega Cd rereleases! I know a lot of people here scoff at the SCD version of Monkey Island, but it goes for a shitload on the used market (Rebel Assault is so-so, last I checked).

It's something that I wondered about with the rereleases of the other LucasArts games, and am glad to see come to fruition. I wonder if Star Wars Chess is too far behind. Either way, thanks LimitedRunGames !

Also, ditto on the variant of River City Girls. Will definitely try to get this; just hopefully, this doesn't go up the same day as the Bloodstained variant (my wallet can only take so much).

One last thing: I'd love to see the second panel below as the banner of the LimitedRunGames twitter for the week of the Monkey Island release, as a troll towards you guys' "other constant annoyance."

7vCJp_d.jpg

It's more than apropos.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
A bit late, but can't believe we're getting Sega Cd rereleases! I know a lot of people here scoff at the SCD version of Monkey Island, but it goes for a shitload on the used market (Rebel Assault is so-so, last I checked).

It's something that I wondered about with the rereleases of the other LucasArts games, and am glad to see come to fruition. I wonder if Star Wars Chess is too far behind. Either way, thanks LimitedRunGames !

Also, ditto on the variant of River City Girls. Will definitely try to get this; just hopefully, this doesn't go up the same day as the Bloodstained variant (my wallet can only take so much).

One last thing: I'd love to see the second panel below as the banner of the LimitedRunGames twitter for the week of the Monkey Island release, as a troll towards you guys' "other constant annoyance."

7vCJp_d.jpg

It's more than apropos.
Scott Pilgrim and LRG? things about to go nuclear

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
Don't even toy with my emotions like this. If I'm reading LRG's post correctly, Scott Pilgrim will never happen. Has there ever been any hints to the contrary? My heart cannot take the teases, just rip the band aid off and let me know.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Don't even toy with my emotions like this. If I'm reading LRG's post correctly, Scott Pilgrim will never happen. Has there ever been any hints to the contrary? My heart cannot take the teases, just rip the band aid off and let me know.

Bryan Lee O'Malley wants a re-release to happen but ubisoft don't really respond to his emails last i heard about 2-3 years ago but this year is pretty important because it's the 10th anniversary of the movie, the game, and also the final book in the series releasing which means there's probably a higher chance of something happening if anything happens at all

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
Bryan Lee O'Malley wants a re-release to happen but ubisoft don't really respond to his emails last i heard about 2-3 years ago but this year is pretty important because it's the 10th anniversary of the movie, the game, and also the final book in the series releasing which means there's probably a higher chance of something happening if anything happens at all

And it shouldn't be the music keeping it back because I know Anamanaguchi want it to happen hard as well.

And yeah, cannot believe it's been 10 years already. I'm kind of obsessed with SP (and all Wright's films really), even did my master's thesis on the SP film. And if there's one thing missing from this lot, it's the game:

swAOoQ8.jpg

(and it's an old pic, added a few more things since)

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
And it shouldn't be the music keeping it back because I know Anamanaguchi want it to happen hard as well.

And yeah, cannot believe it's been 10 years already. I'm kind of obsessed with SP (and all Wright's films really), even did my master's thesis on the SP film. And if there's one thing missing from this lot, it's the game:

swAOoQ8.jpg

(and it's an old pic, added a few more things since)
i like how you have multiple copies of everything and then there's just that 1 lone copy of The World's End lol

there's a physical CD version of the game soundtrack if you're interested in that too but you'll have to get it from ebay because it was in one of the loot box things but boy do seeing all those steelbook variants make me pretty jealous, i don't trust amazon.com enough to send them in a non damaged condition to the UK

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
i like how you have multiple copies of everything and then there's just that 1 lone copy of The World's End lol

Haha, not by choice though, I bought every steelbook (with every country variation) released for every film, The World's End just happened to only have one released, until recently that is, when this set finally dropped: https://www.everythingblustore.com/...-blu-box-blu-ray-steelbook-collectors-edition

And yeah I did have to go through a couple from amazon.com and .ca to finally got ones that weren't destroyed. But that's pretty much par for the course when you're into steelbooks :)

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
...huh? I never ever heard this as being a thing for rare games, nor would I ever use that advice. There is no gurantees that you would even get back what you paid as a "rental", and you still need to front the money in the first place.
How have you never heard this? Earthbound fans were religiously preaching this for years (it's half the reason that game picked up so much value). Buying and keeping everything you buy is the exception. Buying and reselling retro games is way way way way safer for your money compared to buying new games. With an active game like Snatcher, many people that bought it and resold it 6 months to a year later probably *made* money.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Oh jeez, didn't realize how much stuff I'm going to want to pick up this Friday. Real Myst, Forgotten Anne and both the Sega CD releases.
Kinda debating whether I grab the SegaCD stuff, but the novelty of them seems really appealing.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
are these any good in comparison to the Sony component cables? probably worth asking first because i know in the past the PS2 ones they were selling were a bit crap

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
are these any good in comparison to the Sony component cables? probably worth asking first because i know in the past the PS2 ones they were selling were a bit crap

I just covered the levelhike TG16 cable in a review and it was pretty poor (the GCN/N64/SNES combo one they made was decent though), but looking at Game Sack's video review of Levelhike's stuff, they managed to pretty much pinpoint that Hyperkin, Levelhike and POUND all use the exact same parts from the exact same factory in China, but with a different label on it. For the Levelhike PSP cable, he felt it was pretty alright for capturing PSP footage but it still is very pixelated and grainy and not really as good as it could have been since there's some differences with a normal AV cable and such. If it's the same chip inside (with the MENU/GAME switch), then that applies to Hyperkin's too.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if Forgotton Anne will be at Best Buy? I know the last day to preorder is Friday. If it's not going to be available at BB then I'll put in my order today.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Kinds surprised the Sega CD games didn't sell out quickly. I thought with how collectable that console is, that those games would sell out in minutes. At least The Secret of Monkey Island.

Was originally going to buy Forgotten Anne, as it's somewhat in line with the stuff I tend to like, but it just doesn't seem to be a game that many people talk about anymore. Get the feeling it didn't leave an impact on anyone, so I passed on it.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Kinds surprised the Sega CD games didn't sell out quickly. I thought with how collectable that console is, that those games would sell out in minutes. At least The Secret of Monkey Island.

Was originally going to buy Forgotten Anne, as it's somewhat in line with the stuff I tend to like, but it just doesn't seem to be a game that many people talk about anymore. Get the feeling it didn't leave an impact on anyone, so I passed on it.

The Mega CD version of secret of monkey island sucks. The LE release's content is underwhelming and does not have a soundtrack release, which could be an excuse to pick up a game that sucks

this one is just for people who want it on their shelf really

clickKunst

Dec 18, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

You can pick up an authentic copy of Rebel Assault for the Sega CD at the same price and even less than what LR offered it for. Even then, both physical releases of Monkey Island and Rebel Assault are very common across a myriad of platforms. We'd see a very different situation if this was a release of Snatcher or Keio's Flying Squadron.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
You can pick up an authentic copy of Rebel Assault for the Sega CD at the same price and even less than what LR offered it for. Even then, both physical releases of Monkey Island and Rebel Assault are very common across a myriad of platforms. We'd see a very different situation if this was a release of Snatcher or Keio's Flying Squadron.
the only upside i could see to LRGs release in that case is the discrot timer being reset, i'd imagine Sega CD games are close to their ending safe period and edging closer to that vulnerable area now

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like PAX East goods will be going up this Friday. Did they ever add the Bloodstained variant from PAX South?

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I got the 2 Shantae boxes so I have the full set, now. It's a shame that the Seven Sirens box came without a fake cart. Maybe they'll make one for the Switch CE when it releases.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
With E3 out the door this year, I hope LRG will still stream their announcement video online like they have. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if more companies had "Directs" this summer around the time of E3.

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Quick heads-up about daylight savings time in the US, today's games are up in 1 minute and at least for me the counter on the front page is off by an hour.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Oh, so Bloodstained's extras were today. Would have been nice if that was mentioned on the site. I see now it was in the email but Gmail clipped that part off. :/

Still thinking about SamSho 5 but I think I've more or less hit my gaming budget for the next few months.

legendofgood

Oct 25, 2017
Have to say, I am very disappointed with my Shadows of the Empire copy.

It arrived with the packaging extremely warped / bent.

https://imgur.com/2NtW3cb

I opened a ticket and their response was: Our Star Wars blister packs were retro inspired down to the packaging which was modeled after the original Star Wars action figures. Due to this you may see some degree of bend with the cardboard backing cards. This is an intrinsic aspect of the product and blister packaging method, and not direct damage.

So in sum: they're saying the 'bug is a feature'...

Not really impressed with my first LR purchase.

clickKunst

Dec 18, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
God, I spent a lot of money this weekend. lol

I bought the original Command and Conquer and Red Alert back in the day when they were initially DOS games! There's no way I wasn't going to support their remastered physical release - especially with that comprehensive CD soundtrack.

And then I just went full hog with the SNK stuff...