• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EvilGizmo

Nov 14, 2017
Is LRG having fangamer send the physical game first for the Shenmue 3 CE and then supplying the CE contents afterward?

I just got 2 copies of Shenmue 3 with the slipcover in the mail and one of them is my backer copy. Trying to figure out if the second copy is cause I ordered the LRG CE.

LRG didn't do the Kickstarter shipments.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Japan got a physical (and import friendly) release of VA-11 HALL-A but this is the first time it's getting a NA release for PS4. 2064 was previously only released by LRG on Sony systems.

Yup. This one is an open preorder for both games at least, the PS4 version of 2064 was limited (also had a random selection of three cover arts, luckily I got one of the two I liked).

I guess I'll get VA-11 on PS4 to keep consistent with my 2064 copy. Actually been putting off playing the game for this physical release, so that'll be fun to finally get around to early next year.

MulderYuffie

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna have to get VA-11 been waiting on that one! With all these black friday games, buying my new PC and Blasphemous,Stranger Things 3 AND now VA-11? Wow boy my wallet!

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
LRG didn't do the Kickstarter shipments.
Oh i know that. I know Fangamer handled those. I was just wondering if LRG was also using Fangamer to deliver the base game on release date while LRG would send the CE contents at a later date or something.

I'm just trying to figure out why I got 2 copies of Shenmue 3 from Fangamer.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Oh i know that. I know Fangamer handled those. I was just wondering if LRG was also using Fangamer to deliver the base game on release date while LRG would send the CE contents at a later date or something.

Lucky lottery?

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Want

EJv5EMJWwAAKfeu

There's still hope for Mark of The Wolves PS4, can't say the same for Vita. I'll get this.

YUP, ILL GET BOTH.

Last edited:

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017
Am I missing out on anything if I get one or the other? I only have enough for one Switch Limited Run Game this month and keep hearing great things about both Va11 and 2064z X.x

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
God, I hope so. That Metal Slug Collection from a couple of years ago was awful because it was PS2 emulation. The input lag broke it hard.

Still, an actual confirmation that Kizuna (and its sister game) is properly emulated would be much appreciated.

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
Am I missing out on anything if I get one or the other? I only have enough for one Switch Limited Run Game this month and keep hearing great things about both Va11 and 2064z X.x
You don't require knowledge of either game to play the other. Va-11 is regarded as the better game, so if you're just getting one.
Also Va-11 currently costs a fortune on eBay. If you try you can get 2064 for less than the original LRG price.

EvilGizmo

Nov 14, 2017

Ah, gotcha. The majority of shenmue 3 that we shipped out went directly through our normal shipping team. There was a batch that our packout partner (they do our CEs and Switch assembly) helped with though. I believe they did the batch that was one copy. Not sure why you would have received multiples from fangamer, may have just been a mixup.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, gotcha. The majority of shenmue 3 that we shipped out went directly through our normal shipping team. There was a batch that our packout partner (they do our CEs and Switch assembly) helped with though. I believe they did the batch that was one copy. Not sure why you would have received multiples from fangamer, may have just been a mixup.
Ah ok. Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
anyone able to check their cover of the Dragon's Lair trilogy on PS4 to see if there's a score mark on the paper insert cover (mine is on the womans face)? finally got mine today because of the hold up on the Celeste pre-order and saw that it had a score and thought it was just on the plastic seal so i opened it up because i intend to play it anyways and it's actually on the paper as well as the case but i'm not sure if it's a factory issue because the cover is also a bit creased on the back in the top left too

no point in bothering to submit a ticket because they'll probably ask me to send it all the way back to america for a replacement

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

I have not played Va11, but 2064 was very good.

However, the company that made it treated the people who worked on it horribly, and I assume the people who did that are still profiting off this release. So if you can only get one of them... maybe not 2064.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017

However, the company that made it treated the people who worked on it horribly, and I assume the people who did that are still profiting off this release. So if you can only get one of them... maybe not 2064.
wasn't that just 1 guy who left pretty much around the time of ROM2064 being on LRG last year?

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017

He was ousted and went on to work on the new Toejam and Earl so for this ROM release, you won't be giving any cents to him thankfully

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
wasn't that just 1 guy who left pretty much around the time of ROM2064 being on LRG last year?
He was ousted and went on to work on the new Toejam and Earl so for this ROM release, you won't be giving any cents to him thankfully

Last I heard, he had also been advertising a game that MidBoss had been working on, so it sure seemed like he was still involved. Not sure if anything's changed since then, though.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
I think they hired someone solely for the purpose of getting people who were not getting paid their backpay and everything.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Thinking about heading down to the pop-up shop this weekend. Anyone else gonna be there?

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I threw a post up in BST. I'm clearing out my Switch games (LRG/SRG/etc). Took a stab at pricing but flexible for bulk buy if people have collection holes to fill, so just a PSA.

I'll probably add Vita and PS4 stuff eventually before moving on to older stuff. I'm in a purge mood.

denpanosekai

Oct 28, 2017
I threw a post up in BST. I'm clearing out my Switch games (LRG/SRG/etc). Took a stab at pricing but flexible for bulk buy if people have collection holes to fill, so just a PSA.

I'll probably add Vita and PS4 stuff eventually before moving on to older stuff. I'm in a purge mood.

Link me, i didn't even know we had a bst thread

denpanosekai

Oct 28, 2017
News for Battle Princess Madelyn PS4 kickstarter backers:
The Limited Run backer copies are being sorted now for shipping. We've been going back and forth with LRG to make sure everyone is shipped the proper copies of the game for the tiers they've backed along with the post Kickstarter additional copies. When we have a shipping date I will post it here - I assume it's not too far off at this point.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
It's a better cover than the last US one, but the JP cover is still the best.

-543155.1.jpg

I like how the website for that IF game tells you nothing about it. "ANIME GIRLS!" is all their company has to offer, anyway.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I finally got my hold order (hey, remember those? lol) that was held up because of Celeste. Nice that my Bloodstained CotM Switch LE was still in perfect shape after all this time.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Hey all, a couple of years ago I did a proxy for the PAX West variant of Ys on the PS4 and was hoping someone who I did that for (or another kind soul) might be going to the LRG thing this weekend... I was hoping for a small favor for something Squanch Games will have there if possible. If anyone is going any could nab something for me please let me know!

FnordChan

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Beautiful Chapel Hill, NC
https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.evbuc.com%2Fimages%2F77273345%2F243869269357%2F1%2Foriginal.20191017-214747

Earlier today a pal and I went to the Limted Run Games pop up store in Cary, North Carolina, to check things out and see what they'd have for sale. Said pal has been diligent about buying LRG releases he wanted as they came out and while I'd generally kept up with my own wantlist there were a few titles that had slipped through the cracks that I was hoping to secure. But, we had no idea how many folks might bother to turn up and how much stuff LRG was going to have for sale there.

The answer to both questions was "a whole helluva lot". We rolled up at 9:45am or so, 15 minutes before the pop up opening, and the line for the event was already stretched out down a fair length of the mall. Any hope of being one of the first 100 folks in line to get a swag bag went right out the window. We then spent the next, oh, hour and a half or so shuffling through the line after they opened, hanging out and watching folks emerge periodically from the storefront with laden with bags - or, for the big spenders, huge boxes - of stuff. LRG staff would come walk down the line periodically, answering questions and chatting with folks, so the wait wasn't too bad and passed pleasantly enough.

When we finally did get up to the front of the line, where folks were being let into the shop according to fire code only a few people at a time, we were given a special pop up shop LRG trading card, which was a nice touch. There was also a trading card vending machine in front of the shop, where someone armed with a roll of quarters was getting random cards for fifty cents a pop; foil packets of cards were also available inside.

Once inside the store, I was surprised at just how much swag they had available for sale. Based on the original announcement I was expecting some damaged overstock and extra bits and pieces of the collector's edition, plus the two special releases - variant editions of Bloodstained and Night Trap - for sale. What they rolled up with was essentially everything still available in their warehouse, including many pristine new copies of their releases being sold at their original prices. Most PS4 and Switch titles were still available, many in full boxes of 20ish copies, plus a fair number of collector's editions.

There were also a few shelves of damaged collector's editions avaialble at discounted rates. "Damaged" here was fairly relative, with most copies being near pristine but slightly dinged up. Apparently discounts ranged from 25% to up to 75%, depending. Sadly, the title I was hoping to find deeply discounted - Battle Garegga's deluxe edition with the vinyl included - was still too rich for my blood at $130 or so, alas. Still, folks were happily snatching up sets with some dents that were otherwise in totally new condition and getting a deal in the process.

When all was said and done, I only picked up a couple of items: Psychonauts for the PS4 and Momodora: Reverie Under The Moonlight for the Switch. My pal snagged a Shantae special edition for himself and a copy of Galf for a friend who couldn't be there. Thankfully, some in demand items, such as Galf, were flagged with a blue dot that were limited to two total blue dot items per customer, to make sure folks coming in later in the day would still have a shot. That said, while most of their catalog seemed to be in stock, at least as a regular edition release, there were titles I was looking for - such as Koihime Enbu RyoRaiRai's regular PS4 edition - that weren't available. I'm sure I'll regret not talking myself into the special edition later on.

And, on top of all this, there was also a slew of other items for sale - stickers, cases, variant covers, albums, CDs, blind boxes, and god knows what. Plus, special guests were there to sign items, chat, and so forth; had my friend and I been on less of a schedule it would have been nice to hang out at what was essentially a mini gaming con.

By the time we fought our way out of the store around Noonish the line had shortened but was still stretching a fair way down the hall. Hopefully their stock held up to the onslaught throughout the day and that they still have a generous amount left over for folks rolling up tomorrow. If you do live in the Triangle area I'd certainly recommend dropping by if you get a chance.

Finally, kudos to the Limited Run folks for making their reserve stock and damaged items avaialble locally like this. All of the staff there were super helpful and staying upbeat and cheerful in the face of a small mob of game collectors. There was also a staff yard sale section off to the side where, for any games that did clear out, you'd have a chance to buy their personal copies, which was a nice touch. Thanks again, LRG - here's hoping this becomes an annual event!

p.s. The AggroCraig: Sorry, I'm just now seeing your request from yesterday! I hope you're able to find someone who can help you with your quest!

Last edited:

Finnroth

Oct 27, 2017
I notice there is a CE for both ROM2064 and Valhalla for switch, but only one for the PS4. I expect this is because there was already a release of ROM, but the CEs look to contain mostly the same stuff, while the switch version mentions the possible removal of the switch labeling. Is one to take away from this, that the Switch CE of ROM is compatible (inner layout) with the PS4 version that was already sold?

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.evbuc.com%2Fimages%2F77273345%2F243869269357%2F1%2Foriginal.20191017-214747

Earlier today a pal and I went to the Limted Run Games pop up store in Cary, North Carolina, to check things out and see what they'd have for sale. Said pal has been diligent about buying LRG releases he wanted as they came out and while I'd generally kept up with my own wantlist there were a few titles that had slipped through the cracks that I was hoping to secure. But, we had no idea how many folks might bother to turn up and how much stuff LRG was going to have for sale there.

The answer to both questions was "a whole helluva lot". We rolled up at 9:45am or so, 15 minutes before the pop up opening, and the line for the event was already stretched out down a fair length of the mall. Any hope of being one of the first 100 folks in line to get a swag bag went right out the window. We then spent the next, oh, hour and a half or so shuffling through the line after they opened, hanging out and watching folks emerge periodically from the storefront with laden with bags - or, for the big spenders, huge boxes - of stuff. LRG staff would come walk down the line periodically, answering questions and chatting with folks, so the wait wasn't too bad and passed pleasantly enough.

When we finally did get up to the front of the line, where folks were being let into the shop according to fire code only a few people at a time, we were given a special pop up shop LRG trading card, which was a nice touch. There was also a trading card vending machine in front of the shop, where someone armed with a roll of quarters was getting random cards for fifty cents a pop; foil packets of cards were also available inside.

Once inside the store, I was surprised at just how much swag they had available for sale. Based on the original announcement I was expecting some damaged overstock and extra bits and pieces of the collector's edition, plus the two special releases - variant editions of Bloodstained and Night Trap - for sale. What they rolled up with was essentially everything still available in their warehouse, including many pristine new copies of their releases being sold at their original prices. Most PS4 and Switch titles were still available, many in full boxes of 20ish copies, plus a fair number of collector's editions.

There were also a few shelves of damaged collector's editions avaialble at discounted rates. "Damaged" here was fairly relative, with most copies being near pristine but slightly dinged up. Apparently discounts ranged from 25% to up to 75%, depending. Sadly, the title I was hoping to find deeply discounted - Battle Garegga's deluxe edition with the vinyl included - was still too rich for my blood at $130 or so, alas. Still, folks were happily snatching up sets with some dents that were otherwise in totally new condition and getting a deal in the process.

When all was said and done, I only picked up a couple of items: Psychonauts for the PS4 and Momodora: Reverie Under The Moonlight for the Switch. My pal snagged a Shantae special edition for himself and a copy of Galf for a friend who couldn't be there. Thankfully, some in demand items, such as Galf, were flagged with a blue dot that were limited to two total blue dot items per customer, to make sure folks coming in later in the day would still have a shot. That said, while most of their catalog seemed to be in stock, at least as a regular edition release, there were titles I was looking for - such as Koihime Enbu RyoRaiRai's regular PS4 edition - that weren't available. I'm sure I'll regret not talking myself into the special edition later on.

And, on top of all this, there was also a slew of other items for sale - stickers, cases, variant covers, albums, CDs, blind boxes, and god knows what. Plus, special guests were there to sign items, chat, and so forth; had my friend and I been on less of a schedule it would have been nice to hang out at what was essentially a mini gaming con.

By the time we fought our way out of the store around Noonish the line had shortened but was still stretching a fair way down the hall. Hopefully their stock held up to the onslaught throughout the day and that they still have a generous amount left over for folks rolling up tomorrow. If you do live in the Triangle area I'd certainly recommend dropping by if you get a chance.

Finally, kudos to the Limited Run folks for making their reserve stock and damaged items avaialble locally like this. All of the staff there were super helpful and staying upbeat and cheerful in the face of a small mob of game collectors. There was also a staff yard sale section off to the side where, for any games that did clear out, you'd have a chance to buy their personal copies, which was a nice touch. Thanks again, LRG - here's hoping this becomes an annual event!

p.s. The AggroCraig: Sorry, I'm just now seeing your request from yesterday! I hope you're able to find someone who can help you with your quest!
I'm legitimately blown away that it seemed to be pretty successful.
Wasn't expecting that kind of crowd in their hometown. I forget how big they've grown.

LimitedRunGames

Verified
Nov 2, 2017

Thank you for coming, waiting patiently in line, and being a fan (and then after all of that, doing this huge write-up for the folks here)! We had a great time, and we are also blown away by the success of the event. This has really left us smiling.

It was so nice to be able to meet so many fans and chat in person about their favorite games, and I personally hope we do this again!