• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
We've long held that two per customer should be fine for most releases and it is. We are going to do 1 per customer on certain Vita games that we know will be more in demand. When we announced Pix the Cat we got a lot of feedback that suggested 2 per customer would be fine.
Social media "feedback" doesn't matter anymore.
All Vita collectors are gunning for these final releases regardless of quality. This took less than 2 mins.

So unless it's a really overpriced CE, it's going to go fast.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
LimitedRunGames EvilGizmo superNESjoe

Are you aware of an ongoing issue with packages, specially ones directed to Brazil, being shipped with the wrong ZIP code? I'm only tagging you guys here because it's happened once, I contacted customer support through a ticket, they assured me that the issue has been fixed and lo and behold, today I got a shipping confirmation for last week's Vita games with the wrong ZIP code. The same thing is happening to Galdius and as far as I'm aware, it's happening to every customer in Brazil.

Would you please, contact the shipping team, whoever is in charge of the system and get them to fix whatever is suppressing the first digit of our ZIP codes? I was fortunate enough to have contacted the post office for the wrong city in time for them to manually write the right ZIP code on three of my packages, but others haven't been so fortunate and this shouldn't be happening months later when we've contacted you before letting you know that this was happening.

Galdius

Oct 25, 2017
LimitedRunGames EvilGizmo superNESjoe

Are you aware of an ongoing issue with packages, specially ones directed to Brazil, being shipped with the wrong ZIP code? I'm only tagging you guys here because it's happened once, I contacted customer support through a ticket, they assured me that the issue has been fixed and lo and behold, today I got a shipping confirmation for last week's Vita games with the wrong ZIP code. The same thing is happening to Galdius and as far as I'm aware, it's happening to every customer in Brazil.

Would you please, contact the shipping team, whoever is in charge of the system and get them to fix whatever is suppressing the first digit of our ZIP codes? I was fortunate enough to have contacted the post office for the wrong city in time for them to manually write the right ZIP code on three of my packages, but others haven't been so fortunate and this shouldn't be happening months later when we've contacted you before letting you know that this was happening.

This issue is really annoying. I had 3 packages shipped with the wrong zip code. 1 one of them was redirected to the correct address but I don't know how. The other 2 went back to the US and LRG already has one of them and will ship it again with the correct zip code. After those 3, I got another confirmation email with the wrong zip code but I managed to contact LRG in time and Brett fixed it. Now, a few minutes ago, I got the confirmation email for Guacamelee and Tales from Space also with the wrong zip code. | already sent an email to Brett but I'm waiting to hear back from him. Now everytime LRG ships something I have to check the zip code and get in touch with them hoping they can fix the zip code before really shipping the package.

EvilGizmo

Nov 14, 2017
Unfortunately, the issue is currently out of our hands. We've reported it to Shopify and they're investigating, but at this time haven't figured out a solution since it's not happening all of the time. For the time being, we have created a support item that can be preloaded to your cart. That will notify the shipping team when your order is shipping out to verify the zipcode due to there being an issue with the leading 0 getting dropped. That can be found here: https://www.limitedrungames.com/products/support-issues-notes

Galdius

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately, the issue is currently out of our hands. We've reported it to Shopify and they're investigating, but at this time haven't figured out a solution since it's not happening all of the time. For the time being, we have created a support item that can be preloaded to your cart. That will notify the shipping team when your order is shipping out to verify the zipcode due to there being an issue with the leading 0 getting dropped. That can be found here: https://www.limitedrungames.com/products/support-issues-notes

Thanks EvilGizmo!

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I was able to get Freedom Planet CE for Switch. I totally forgot to check the site earlier today.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017

denpanosekai

Oct 28, 2017
Would be nice to see this physical... According to a comment, PQube passed on making a physical copy for it, which is kinda surprising (unless it's due to the fact that it's a pixelized indie?)

This was the email I received on June 19 2018 from the PQube PR team. I'm really hoping Play-Asia scoop this one up, or maybe LRG...

Thank you for your email, I'm afraid we're currently only looking at a digital release, even on console.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Wish they'd just do preorders for these.

Since they are actual NES and Game Boy carts, for some reason it seems LESS feasible that newer stuff, to do that. Packaging looks really neat for it, though.

D92ByQLUEAA7H3v.jpg

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Since they are actual NES and Game Boy carts, for some reason it seems LESS feasible that newer stuff, to do that. Packaging looks really neat for it, though.

D92ByQLUEAA7H3v.jpg

I actually kinda hate it lol. I see what they're going for but....eh. I'm sure it'll sell out anyway just based on the unusuallness of the cartridge + big license re-release

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
This whole release seems kinda weird. The original releases are pretty dirt cheap on the aftermarket, and I guess you're not really incentivized to open these up and play them because of the packaging. I guess you get some repros in a fancy package.

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the appeal either, easy skip imo. Maybe those repros are meant to appeal to Star Wars merchandise collectors more than to general video game collectors.

Last edited:

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
This whole release seems kinda weird. The original releases are pretty dirt cheap on the aftermarket, and I guess you're not really incentivized to open these up and play them because of the packaging. I guess you get some repros in a fancy package.
This.
These are unlicensed repro carts. Sure, they are paying Lucas Arts/Disney but Nintendo stopped producing NES/GB carts a while ago. This barely has any more legitimacy than buying your own copy of a Nintendo World Championship blue cartridge.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
Do the iam8bit repros sell well? I've never really paid them any mind because I don't need to drop $200 on a copy of Street Fighter 2, but I guess if there's a market for them.

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
I was excited for the Star Wars cartidges, but now that I think about how they have already had physical releases (duh) and the originals are easily attainable, i'm kind of not excited anymore.. Not to mention with the crap Canadian dollar, these would probably cost 3-5x as much as the originals with shipping.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Do the iam8bit repros sell well? I've never really paid them any mind because I don't need to drop $200 on a copy of Street Fighter 2, but I guess if there's a market for them.
Only iam8bit has the gall to charge that much. Most other companies in the game charge $30-$50. Though I expect these to be on the higher end due to Disney.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
This.
These are unlicensed repro carts. Sure, they are paying Lucas Arts/Disney but Nintendo stopped producing NES/GB carts a while ago. This barely has any more legitimacy than buying your own copy of a Nintendo World Championship blue cartridge.

I assumed that they would be licensed since LRG has a relationship with Nintendo. I didn't spend much time thinking about it though, as I probably won't buy any of them.

The packaging nostalgia is cool but then I wouldn't want to open them, so it would be dumb all around.

KyleSchwaba

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 20, 2019
I assumed that they would be licensed since LRG has a relationship with Nintendo. I didn't spend much time thinking about it though, as I probably won't buy any of them.

The packaging nostalgia is cool but then I wouldn't want to open them, so it would be dumb all around.

I doubt it, it says Limited Run Entertainment System instead of Nintendo Entertainment System

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017

Nintendo doesn't produce those carts anymore. I'm 100% sure these are repro carts like other companied make. There are even Kickstarter NES games that offer repro cartridges that work on real hardware.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo doesn't produce those carts anymore. I'm 100% sure these are repro carts like other companied make. There are even Kickstarter NES games that offer repro cartridges that work on real hardware.

Again, I have zero doubt that these are produced by a third party. I assumed that they LICENSED THEM because of their relationship with Nintendo.

I am coming from a position of ignorance but I'd think that despite the age, making repro stuff for old Nintendo systems might anger their important business partner if not licensed in some way. That is all.

Regardless, I wish I wouldn't have commented (as usual). After thinking it over, these are not for me.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Did LRG change their shipping policies? I got 2 games shipped together and they sent them in a bag. I thought 2 games was a box.

Semoreh

Oct 28, 2017
France
Jesus, Bounty Hunter is not even $25 but $30.
I really hoped I could grab it but there's nothing else for me on sale this day so I'll end up skipping it.

I'll dust off my Gamecube copy I suppose.

blaze

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I was going to pick up Accounting+ today along with something else to save on shipping but there's nothing much there that interests me this week. The Star Wars stuff will no doubt sell out but they have an ton of copies for them (3000 each for normal NES/GB repros, another 2000 each on both for the CEs, then 7500+3500 copies of Bounty Hunter) so it'll be interesting to see how quickly they sell.

clickKunst

Dec 18, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
If you want to witness something unprecedented - this is the first time that the Mega Bundle has sold out before any other exclusive and limited item! Star Wars fans (and resellers) have the deepest pockets. I'm just happy to have my GameBoy cart in the silly blister pack.

mao2

Oct 28, 2017
Accounting-PS4.png

Oh wow this cover art amazing LMAO. I actually have no idea what the game is about but ordered it anyway together with Mercenary Kings SteelBook Edition.

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017
Have the Jak 2 Collector's Editions finished shipping already? Mine still says unfulfilled. That's a bit concerning.

wesman

Oct 30, 2017
Pittsburgh
LRG does phenomenal work, but so many releases has me going from, "oh, I gotta get that, and that, and that...!" to apathy, as being a fan of so many of these releases and the high quality they're produced in, just leaves me feeling more gouged than interested to buy.

I spent a few thousand on all Switch releases last year. This year, I'm becoming indifferent. A nice indie title going from $10-15, or less if on sale, to $80 or more shipped...is not a game I want to be part of any longer. Especially when I already own some of the games digitally on the Switch AND platforms before that.

One nice release per platform per month could be fun, but launching 3 retro Star Wars games, with more planned, and midweek releases, feels abusive to it's ardent collector base, not respectful.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
LRG does phenomenal work, but so many releases has me going from, "oh, I gotta get that, and that, and that...!" to apathy, as being a fan of so many of these releases and the high quality they're produced in, just leaves me feeling more gouged than interested to buy.

I spent a few thousand on all Switch releases last year. This year, I'm becoming indifferent. A nice indie title going from $10-15, or less if on sale, to $80 or more shipped...is not a game I want to be part of any longer. Especially when I already own some of the games digitally on the Switch AND platforms before that.

One nice release per platform per month could be fun, but launching 3 retro Star Wars games, with more planned, and midweek releases, feels abusive to it's ardent collector base, not respectful.

I'm sorta in the same boat. I was going to buy Merc Kings but decided to skip the day. I also think I've about decided to stop buying Switch games unless they are Nintendo first party titles, and I'll clear out everything I have. For whatever reason I just rarely play it and when I do it's on the go so I just play my digital games. Trying to figure out the best way to get started.. Ebay or ..?

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017

you just gotta look at LRG the way i do, only buy games you'll enjoy instead of buying them for some e-penis score points on collector forums like some of the people that buy these games do but then again i've been limiting what i purchase mostly down to the shipping costs because it's $15 a game for me now and with the crappy exchange rate it's more 5-6 digits below the US price in pounds and wanting to try and hit atleast 2 games in the order to make it worthwhile now

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

It's a bit of a weird situation, as someone who's an outsider to this kind of purchasing.

Like, I'm not sure if I'd call it "abusive" when it's on the collectors for being collectors? Obviously they're aware of that audience and support that, but at the end of the day these are also literally limited physical releases for games that fans (or those who just prefer physical) may want physical releases of. Them growing and releasing more games that regular people want to buy, without being beholden to the idea of "we should try to limit ourselves so that some number of people can easily buy one of everything we release", only makes sense. It's not like it would be fair for me to tell someone not to spend way too much money on games (even if I've tried to cut back on needless LEs/CEs lately), but it's really an arbitrary decision to collect and there should be an understanding that it's better if they release even more games so that people can play them in the way they prefer.

But all that said... you do have stuff like the Star Wars releases where no one except a collector would want it! The audience there is kinda just LRG collectors and Star Wars collectors, and no one else. And with more of those releases on the horizon, I could easily see how it could feel like too much when they're targeting collectors explicitly with that.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
As someone who didn't play Bounty Hunter when it came out and isn't nostalgic for it, is there something special there, is it checking out as a newcomer? It never really grabbed my attention in the past.

KyleSchwaba

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 20, 2019