• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
As soon as I checked out the Mega Bundle, that too went OOS... I think I snagged one of the last ones... prob others that just went "aw screw it" and picked it.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Thank fucking god, I got my Vita CE and PS4 standard within the first minute despite my hands shaking and feeling sick (separately from this, just bad timing). I was using both my laptops in the end, because I'd noticed last week that Dragon's Lair didn't all go up at the same moment; I knew I was buying the Vita CE on this one but would get a PS4 order going on the other if it went up first. This week they did all go up at once, so... effectively I just bought the Vita CE, arbitrarily switched laptops. when I could have switched tabs, actually had to log in to PayPal again, ended up with PS4 standard still.

Sucks that the site would chug; I'm surprised it didn't at the first moment since I'd think it'd be worst with everyone refreshing leading up to 10:00 exactly? Maybe people going to PayPal took some of the load off.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaand its gone (Vita).

also mega bundle and the london game's CE. PS4 is still up and London Vita!

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Well that's fascinating, LRG's site is back to the old style now after being all screwed up this morning with the newer style.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the website crashed on me for 5 straight minutes. I had 2 PS4 versions in my cart accidentally. Decided to go with it so I wouldn't delay, but by the time I finally got to check out with a Vita copy the PS4 versions were nowhere to be found.

Now I have 2 separate orders, which I did not want. Pissed.

This was easily the most difficulty I've ever had buying anything from them. Now I need to salvage the double order thing because even if I have to pay double shipping I don't want them in envelopes. Honestly I would imagine people that were trying LRG for the first time due to the VN day thing.. won't come back.

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
Yay site crashing. Sorta ordered doubles, but whatevers.

Also nice to see the inventory % back. Morgana PS4 is at 108% left right now though...

Oct 28, 2017
They seemed to have pulled back to the old site since the other one broke, also thanks to whoever said to use the incognito tab!
Managed to get Morgana CE and standard London, I've never been that stressed buying games before.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Site froze when I had the LDM soundtrack bundle in my cart while trying to add the PS4 limited edition of FM to my cart. Both sold out during the site issues. :( Will try again later today.

Raza

Nov 7, 2017
Ohio
Whew. They are gonna get hammered for the site going down on a very important release.

Standard PS4 is still up if anyone wants wants a copy of the game and doesn't care on the platform.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Had to use 3 tabs to complete my checkout. The site freezing up made me fear the worst. $14.00 in shipping was a bit of a surprise too.

Last edited:

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
So did they crash, throw out the new site design (which is more difficult to use) and bring up the old one mid stream? Maybe that's why I wound up losing my PS4 version in my first order. I wasn't gonna take a chance when I was done checking out b/c I would have lost the Vita version.

Considering how small these Vita print runs are, I think they should at least restrict the morning batch to one per person and then bump it up to two for the evening batch. ESPECIALLY for highly anticipated releases like Fata Morgana.

Yeah this whole "open one and keep one sealed" thing is bullshit when there's 1 minute of stock to go around. That's some serious entitlement there.

Shoulda used a PC and Ctrl+F5 as the clock ticks down. /s

I see the /s but I was definitely using both a PC and a Mac at the same time via desktop. Both were crashing repeatedly.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Two per order is fine. Lets people open one and keep one sealed or split shipping with a friend.

Eh... friends or SOs, that's totally understandable. I'm fine with 2 per order for that reason.

Keeping things sealed... that's just kinda shitty to people who just want to actually play the game (especially in a case where this might be the only way people outside NA can easily play on Vita). I know there are collectors who arbitrarily want one of everything they release, but it kinda fucks over everyone else just so a cart/disc can sit unused in a box on a shelf.

TheMathyFolf

Oct 27, 2017
I picked up London Detective Mysteria, Fata Vita regular, and Fata PS4 CE. I had to use my phone since site was crashing on desktop.

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
Considering how small these Vita print runs are, I think they should at least restrict the morning batch to one per person and then bump it up to two for the evening batch. ESPECIALLY for highly anticipated releases like Fata Morgana.

It makes more sense to do two in the first batch and lower it to one for the second batch. The morning batch selling out faster will increase demand and ensure the later batch sells out fast even with the limit down to one.

(In general I think buying two to keep one sealed is lame. You could just buy a digital version to play in that case. But, people are very selfish.)

Galdius

Oct 25, 2017
Got both Vita titles. The site freezing was a huge shock. Luckily I opened a third tab and managed to complete the checkout.

The-JUV

Oct 25, 2017
got a copy of fate Morgana! did LRG increase shipping prices pretty certain it used to be 10 dollars for 1 vita game was 15 bucks this time.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I skipped London Detective Mysteria.. didn't seem like something I'd play. Once I see otome I start to nope out.

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
Apparently a few PS4 CE's were put back on the table, and I managed to snag one. Here's hoping I can snag the LDM Bundle and the Fata Morgana Standard Vita in the next batch.

Refyref

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It makes more sense to do two in the first batch and lower it to one for the second batch. The morning batch selling out faster will increase demand and ensure the later batch sells out fast even with the limit down to one.

(In general I think buying two to keep one sealed is lame. You could just buy a digital version to play in that case. But, people are very selfish.)
The thing is, the first batch being larger/lasting less time is all the more reason to limit the first batch more. Let everyone have a chance, and if there's enough left at the slower, later batch, then people should be able to go for a second copy. Besides, it will be perfectly OK if the first batch sold out in 10 minutes instead of 5. They won't be hurt by it at all.
I know the LRG guys are collectors themselves, so they probably deeply emphasize with the "one copy to play, one copy to sit on the shelf" mentality, but that's not a good directive when many people can't get a copy at all because of that.

The-JUV

Oct 25, 2017
International shipping starts at 15USD.

I'm Canada so technically international but I swear I was paying $10 US before for past LRG purchases, will double check maybe I'm going crazy.

yeah just checked my last order a month ago was 10 shipping for 2 games, and I got charged 15 today for just fate Morgana, so they must have increased shipping prices recently

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
The thing is, the first batch being larger/lasting less time is all the more reason to limit the first batch more. Let everyone have a chance, and if there's enough left at the slower, later batch, then people should be able to go for a second copy. Besides, it will be perfectly OK if the first batch sold out in 10 minutes instead of 5. They won't be hurt by it at all.
I know the LRG guys are collectors themselves, so they probably deeply emphasize with the "one copy to play, one copy to sit on the shelf" mentality, but that's not a good directive when many people can't get a copy at all because of that.

They get scared off by longer stock times because the scalpers nope out and start doing chargebacks and stuff I think.

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
I'm Canada so technically international but I swear I was paying $10 US before for past LRG purchases, will double check maybe I'm going crazy.

yeah just checked my last order a month ago was 10 shipping for 2 games, and I got charged 15 today for just fate Morgana, so they must have increased shipping prices recently
Yeah, they charged me $10 when I bought Salt & Sanctuary (shipping to México).

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
PS4 sales slowed down like crazy if a game like Fata Morgana still have 50% of the first batch's stock still available. I wonder if Switch sales are making up for it.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Got my PS4 copy, phew.

Came to $90 Canadian after shipping though (just for the standard edition), ouch.
i feel that pain, £53 after shipping for me, if only there were some sort of service that i could help save shipping on

Probably, open preorders for Switch games must mean they are selling lots more.

i think switch is making them a hell of a lot more money than the sony stuff does, it seems like there's some weird unfair bias going on because switch has its own tab in the menu and pretty much every switch game has been pre-order when 95% of their Vita or PS4 games have been on set limited runs, it's probably all down to skullgirls and the ever lasting delay that happened with that thing

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017

I was surprised to see the $4 increase too. Today is an expensive day for importing.

PS4 sales slowed down like crazy if a game like Fata Morgana still have 50% of the first batch's stock still available. I wonder if Switch sales are making up for it.
Yeah it's crazy how much PS4 sales have slowed. I don't really understand why either.

Bet Switch versions of games, or the possibility of those games, are a contributing factor.

Last edited: