• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I need to start keeping a list of their games to get rid of. I had forgotten that I ordered this one, that Vita weakness got me.

I hate to say it, but Josh's tweet really didn't seem appropriate. Sure, they aren't the developer.. but they sold thousands of these to their customer base. It has their company logo prominently on the broken game's cover. Also people are familiar with publishers that act as the voice for issues like this. Right now it feels like they are sidestepping out of the way.

It's a hit to the brand.
Yep, that was pretty much a not our fucking problem tweet which I'm not at all surprised at. I bought both CE and the regular edition to eventually get through and now they are both worthless and probably cannot even resell if I wanted to.

N E R O

Oct 25, 2017
Mississauga, ON
I need to start keeping a list of their games to get rid of. I had forgotten that I ordered this one, that Vita weakness got me.

I hate to say it, but Josh's tweet really didn't seem appropriate. Sure, they aren't the developer.. but they sold thousands of these to their customer base. It has their company logo prominently on the broken game's cover. Also people are familiar with publishers that act as the voice for issues like this. Right now it feels like they are sidestepping out of the way.

It's a hit to the brand.

Agree, That is so unprofessional thing to say, If that's the case, Everyone can open a publishing business and publish they're own game even if it's full of bugs, People keep buying their shit because they have some trust on them. like they should be doing some QA/QC for god's sake.

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, just about the only thing they can do to remedy things on their end is issuing refunds, and if they aren't willing to do that, what else are they supposed to say?

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Imagine if a patch couldn't fit the budget now for the dev.

Also, is this only Vita game that is physical only? Definitely for NA it is right?

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
night trap vita has started being delivered, and people are starting to notice the game is broken, you can't beat it, it just freezes at the end. no clue how widespread it is or if it affects every copy, but found a few people on twitter reporting the same.

edit: looks like josh replied

He's not wrong per say, but people will start to think that LRG doesn't care to help solve the problem, since they have direct contact with the dev team, because they already made their money. This is definitely not a good look for the company. The LRG name is on the product so people will look to them first for answers. They may not be legally obligated to help out, but it's in their best interest to help get a handle on the situation, since it seems to be widespread.

ConanEdogawa

Oct 31, 2017
It's a bad look for LRG, and a poor response from Josh. How does not being able to finish the game 'slip through the cracks'?

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's be honest, most of these releases are being bought for sentimental value or just to collect as most of us probably have them digitally already from some $1 sale, Humble or PSN+.

Jan 11, 2018
Of course, but that's why you expect them to not have game breaking bugs since you're willing to fork out a lot more money than you have to just to be able to put it in your shelf.

I think Josh's replies weren't the best from a PR perspective, but I do agree that the dev should have done a better job testing it and that as the publisher you should be able to expect them to not hand you the master of a broken game. It's a similar scenario to what happened with Red Art Games and the Vita version of A Bard's Tale. It makes you wonder how much the developers care about their own products.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone that used the new hold shipment service get their orders shipped yet? I'm not sure how reliable it'll be compared to the past one (that wasn't really reliable in the first place).

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
Did anyone that used the new hold shipment service get their orders shipped yet? I'm not sure how reliable it'll be compared to the past one (that wasn't really reliable in the first place)
I don't believe loss rates were higher than regular order fulfillment. Any negative guff the past service got was due packages taking longer to ship out (this should obvious and understood from the get go), any people overly paying attention to their order and freaking out (which is natural because it's huge).

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I don't believe loss rates were higher than regular order fulfillment. Any negative guff the past service got was due packages taking longer to ship out (this should obvious and understood from the get go), any people overly paying attention to their order and freaking out (which is natural because it's huge).
Yeah, I never had any problem with the old hold system because I was a "ship it and don't worry about when it gets here" kind of guy. Nothing ever missing from my hold orders and everything always got here without damage. Then again, my orders didn't need to cross an ocean.

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
I will say this. I never got a single loose disc from hold orders. Before hold orders 50% of my bubble mailer orders arrived with loose discs. So I was very happy with the service

LimitedRunGames

Verified
Nov 2, 2017
Regarding Night Trap, the dev is aware and has already fixed it. They are just waiting to get through submission for the patch.

Sorry for the delay.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas

I was always hearing of issues with big overseas hold orders including them going missing, or the wrong items included.
You quoted Shizuka who is right to be wary due to his issues in the past.

Regarding Night Trap, the dev is aware and has already fixed it. They are just waiting to get through submission for the patch.

Sorry for the delay.

Good.
And yet the Dev's twitter makes no mention of it. If he had already fixed it and posted about it, there'd be no one freaking out.
Seems like he would have beaten everyone to the punch before they had to find out themselves by playing the game.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised that LRG has yet to print physical Kemco titles for Switch. Maybe they know that open pre-orders on such games would be abysmal.

LimitedRunGames

Verified
Nov 2, 2017
I was always hearing of issues with big overseas hold orders including them going missing, or the wrong items included.
You quoted Shizuka who is right to be wary due to his issues in the past.

Good.
And yet the Dev's twitter makes no mention of it. If he had already fixed it and posted about it, there'd be no one freaking out.
Seems like he would have beaten everyone to the punch before they had to find out themselves by playing the game.

The developer has been dealing with some personal issues that are private and it's why they've been absent from social media.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
By the way, all my games from last year are listed as either "shipping has finished" or straight up removed from the production updates page, but I've received no tracking code whatsoever. What's the deal there? I've been promised that they'd be shipping those orders, but they're now shipping games from February and I'm still waiting for my games from 2018.

clickKunst

Dec 18, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
West of Loathing and Another World (Vita) FINALLY being shipped.

By comparison, just got my beautiful Dragon's Lair box. I hope Brain Dead 13 or Time Gal gets this treatment one day.
XXsmsEp.jpg

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
By comparison, just got my beautiful Dragon's Lair box. I hope Brain Dead 13 or Time Gal gets this treatment one day.
XXsmsEp.jpg

It's a VERY nice set, and I'm glad that I got the LE. Time Gal I actually just picked up a week ago at a decent price (with the box in not TOO badly of shape). The cover sure is ugly, so I would love to see that remaster one day and have a nice set put out.

mr lurtle

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still not sure what I have to do with my held orders pre-2019. I now have 20 unfulfilled orders since may 2018. One held order I wanted to release in august but it seems to be still held up by PixelJunk Monsters 2. Do I have to release everything after that to the end of 2018 manually? I could use the new held order form but I release don't want to pay a fee for every order again.

Refyref

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of which, I just had Pixeljunk Monsters 2 ship out yesterday. That was the last order I made that wasn't a held order, so the rest of my orders should take a very long time to ship now.

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
Just checked production updates, I combined Celeste and Jak II because I figured they might ship around the same time. Did I mess up big? Jak II shows TBA.

blaze

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm still not sure what I have to do with my held orders pre-2019. I now have 20 unfulfilled orders since may 2018. One held order I wanted to release in august but it seems to be still held up by PixelJunk Monsters 2. Do I have to release everything after that to the end of 2018 manually? I could use the new held order form but I release don't want to pay a fee for every order again.

I'm still waiting on quite a lot of my orders to be sent out too, as far as I can tell most older held orders are still yet to be sent out but their plan is still to send them once they get delivery of everything from their warehouse. I did ask in one of my tickets with them but they didn't answer (I was asking a few questions so I guess they just missed it). I'm hoping they're sent out soon though, I had an order in December that was missing a game that shows as sent on my order history but not in the dispatch email, was told it must have just missed the delivery for it but it would come with the next batch so I'm hoping that's definitely what happens.

Oct 26, 2017
I'd say a fair chance.

I'm more wondering what the chances of Phoenix Wright are... You know, the game that clearly no one in the west would buy physically :/

Considering the price you can get them for on import sites, I don't really see why they should bother. You aren't getting them any cheaper through LRG and it's already in English.

Last edited:

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Considering the price you can get them for on import sites, I don't really see why they should bother. You aren't getting them any cheaper through LRG and it's already it's already in English.

I've heard this a lot, and LRG has released games that have been in english elsewheren before, but not everyone likes importing. Vita is on it's wsy out, so it's not like this would "take away" from other releases, so why not?