• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
They lost two of their three support guys in a short time. Now they are back to three people, but oft course the new people need to be trained.

And get good employes is not easy these days.

I won't continue to belabor, but again this predates any of the loss. People had tickets take well over a month to resolve before they lost anyone, myself included. Now as you said, it's naturally worse for the time being. I think we might be in credit card/Paypal dispute territory to get anything done these days.

Again, I love their products for the most part. I just find it maddening that some ever present issues just continue to roll along.

Last edited:

oneida

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This Friday is going to be a heart-breaker. No hope they'll put KoF on open pre-order? I don't care about the SE.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
This Friday is going to be a heart-breaker. No hope they'll put KoF on open pre-order? I don't care about the SE.

with vita games, hell no, the carts are limited. PS4 stuff maybe but KOF is super niche I doubt anyone will buy it within the first 5 mins unless it's the CE or the Vita version. PS4 standard should be fine

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Apparently both PS4 LEs have NO LIMIT. AND Koihime has an LE... omg Imma gave to use my trigger finger :x 2 LEs and 1 SE.... Good luck me :x

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I'm not looking forward to it... Mega bundle has never been an option, because I never buy an SE and LE of the same version, so it's extra stuff I would sell.

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
Sent the LRGSupport Twitter a DM asking to check my request.
Mention if that does anything. I've never heard anything back from my combine request.
Of course I don't have a Twitter account, so it's a moot point I guess

Is anyone else losing Reward Points when they combine orders?
You need to open a ticket to get your points back. One would think they've already noticed the issue and would just fix it automatically, seeing as we'll just complain.

Avada Kedavra

Banned
Jan 23, 2019
Mention if that does anything. I've never heard anything back from my combine request.
Of course I don't have a Twitter account, so it's a moot point I guess

You need to open a ticket to get your points back. One would think they've already noticed the issue and would just fix it automatically, seeing as we'll just complain.
Oh ok thanks I guess I'll do that.

Oct 28, 2017
Has anyone gotten a shipment notification for jak and daxter precursor legacy PS4 yet? Just curious as I bought a pre order off eBay back in December and was wondering when I could expect it.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
So twice now I've received damaged products from LRG and twice I've been told they don't have any replacements to send out.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't they always say that they produce extra copies in case they need to send replacements?

Not sure but when it's happened to me they have not had extras. Oxenfree switch was the main one and the damage is inside the shrink wrap, so it was not a shipping issue. It looks like a box knife or something went thru the case and insert. The previous incident was shipping damage and was some months ago.

They have spare cases and spare inserts to send out, just not a sealed copy. It's irritating b/c by the time I received this I already "owned" it digitally so I have no reason to crack it open at this time. I notified them as soon as I received it, so there was no delay. It just seems odd to literally have no extra copies for RMA.

Edit: Furi was the last one that got damaged, but was clearly a shipping thing. They told me they had nothing to replace it with way back when (wow that was a long time ago).

Last edited:

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure but when it's happened to me they have not had extras. Oxenfree switch was the main one and the damage is inside the shrink wrap, so it was not a shipping issue. It looks like a box knife or something went thru the case and insert. The previous incident was shipping damage and was some months ago.

They have spare cases and spare inserts to send out, just not a sealed copy. It's irritating b/c by the time I received this I already "owned" it digitally so I have no reason to crack it open at this time. I notified them as soon as I received it, so there was no delay. It just seems odd to literally have no extra copies for RMA.
That's shitty. I bought Oxenfree, too but mine was fine. It's kinda worrying that they don't have replacement copies for popular titles. Specially because I have to pay extra for international shipping.

Samuray

Nov 21, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Imteresting story here.

So I received a double shipment of my hold package from December last month. Twelve games or so, some CEs, probably around 450$ in value. The right thing to do here is to contact LRG about it and ask them to take it back, so that's what I do. And then the fun begins.

I'm in Europe so sending it back would be wildly expensive. Money is tight so this would cut not just into gaming expenses but also life support....we're talking 80€ here, roundabout. Hence I ask them to initate a pickup with a carrier of their choice. That would make the issue of customs declaration also much easier, I have no idea how to do that.

They investigate that option but tell me that that's not possible, I have to send it myself and they'd reimburse me the shipping costs. I don't have Paypal so it would have to be store credit. I explain to them that it's difficult for me, financially and also physically due to a fractured elbow, and I ask if there really is no way they could have it picked up...this would be so much better.

Nope, no dice. They are out of ideas, they tell me.

I then suggest I give the games away on various forums, as a promotion for LRG. And today I got an email that they will put my account on hold and ship none of my orders out until they get the package back from me.

I have held orders dating back to PixelJunk CE and Golf Story CE....it's ....a lot. All my gaming money goes to them.

So yeah, that's where we're at. Just wanted to let you in on this happy turn of events. Please be aware that I'm eager to get this back to them as the package is taking up valuable space in my dining room....but I feel really really bad about being threatened. :(

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
Imteresting story here.

So I received a double shipment of my hold package from December last month. Twelve games or so, some CEs, probably around 450$ in value. The right thing to do here is to contact LRG about it and ask them to take it back, so that's what I do. And then the fun begins.

I'm in Europe so sending it back would be wildly expensive. Money is tight so this would cut not just into gaming expenses but also life support....we're talking 80€ here, roundabout. Hence I ask them to initate a pickup with a carrier of their choice. That would make the issue of customs declaration also much easier, I have no idea how to do that.

They investigate that option but tell me that that's not possible, I have to send it myself and they'd reimburse me the shipping costs. I don't have Paypal so it would have to be store credit. I explain to them that it's difficult for me, financially and also physically due to a fractured elbow, and I ask if there really is no way they could have it picked up...this would be so much better.

Nope, no dice. They are out of ideas, they tell me.

I then suggest I give the games away on various forums, as a promotion for LRG. And today I got an email that they will put my account on hold and ship none of my orders out until they get the package back from me.

I have held orders dating back to PixelJunk CE and Golf Story CE....it's ....a lot. All my gaming money goes to them.

So yeah, that's where we're at. Just wanted to let you in on this happy turn of events. Please be aware that I'm eager to get this back to them as the package is taking up valuable space in my dining room....but I feel really really bad about being threatened. :(
They fucked up. They should pay for the return of the items. I can't believe they are threatening your account for a mistake they made. You were being honest and trying to do the right thing. WTF LRG?

Samuray

Nov 21, 2017
Hamburg, Germany

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
No no, wait, they ARE willing to pay for return shipping! I just have to front the money, which isn't easy for me right now.
You shouldn't have to front the money when it was their mistake.

LRG isn't that tiny little startup anymore running on razor thin margins where any little hitch runs them aground. They should just be paypal-ing you the money or just send a label to you to have it shipped back.

Samuray

Nov 21, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
You shouldn't have to front the money when it was their mistake..

Thank you. I was starting to doubt myself here.

LRG isn't that tiny little startup anymore running on razor thin margins where any little hitch runs them aground.

I thought so too, especially after this "we made 22 millions in 2018" statement, but according to the email I just received, "We are a very small company" .....so I don't know what's what anymore.

They should just be paypal-ing you the money or just send a label to you to have it shipped back.

Paypal's not an option but yeah, sending a label would have been nice.

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017

And today I got an email that they will put my account on hold and ship none of my orders out until they get the package back from me.
WTF. I'm no lawyer, but I highly doubt they have the legal right to withhold your purchases like that. Not without a refund, at least.

Samuray

Nov 21, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
WTF. I'm no lawyer, but I highly doubt they have the legal right to withhold your purchases like that.

Probably not....that was my wife's immediate reaction as well. But maybe they think I won't sue them from abroad, I don't know. It also wouldn't matter because I WANT to return it to them. Aw man, what a mess. :-/

I'm half-worried they'll ban me as a customer anyway now because I have told this story in public. Am I starting to get paranoid? Well, I hope.

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
No no, wait, they ARE willing to pay for return shipping! I just have to front the money, which isn't easy for me right now.

That's what getting under my skin right now, yeah. :(

Here's what I'd do:

- weigh the package
- call your local couriers to ask for a shipping quote and if they can come pick up the package (most do, you should have UPS, DHL, DPD, GLS etc)
- create a paypal account (takes just minutes, you need a credit card, which you likely have since you had to order those games somehow)
- ask LRG to send you the shipping funds to your paypal acc
- transfer the paypal funds to your credit card (takes around two working days in EU)
- call the courier to get your package

Sounds complicated, but it's really not. Of course it would be easier if you could front the postage costs (and 80€ sounds a LOT, I sent a 10kg package from EU to Thailand for less than that), but if you can't afford to, the above is your easiest option.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
This is one of those situations where they really need to ramp up appropriate CS... I HAVE seen companies do that (pay to send now, and we will then refund to you after the fact) but that's something I'm just not a fan of... If they refunded and you snatched and ran with no tracking number/shipping proof, THAT is when it should become problematic.

I should also recommend in getting a Paypal though, since it might be a good option for a possible refund, if anything.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Probably not....that was my wife's immediate reaction as well. But maybe they think I won't sue them from abroad, I don't know. It also wouldn't matter because I WANT to return it to them. Aw man, what a mess. :-/

I'm half-worried they'll ban me as a customer anyway now because I have told this story in public. Am I starting to get paranoid? Well, I hope.

Blacklisting you as a result of this would result in a bigger storm than what's already happened, by far.

I will say that they also double-shipped me an entire order. I was also honest and they paid for the return shipping, but I am in the USA and did take it to the post office. It was much cleaner but still took nearly 2 months to get resolved.

Samuray

Nov 21, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Blacklisting you as a result of this would result in a bigger storm than what's already happened, by far.

Thank you for your kind words...I can really need them right now. I've been so supportive of LRG ever since "Breach & Clear" day 1.....give them all my gaming money....can't say this leaves me untouched here. Again, thank you.

I wish this would be over and done with soon, but they need about a week for every reply.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Here's what I'd do:

- weigh the package
- call your local couriers to ask for a shipping quote and if they can come pick up the package (most do, you should have UPS, DHL, DPD, GLS etc)
- create a paypal account (takes just minutes, you need a credit card, which you likely have since you had to order those games somehow)
- ask LRG to send you the shipping funds to your paypal acc
- transfer the paypal funds to your credit card (takes around two working days in EU)
- call the courier to get your package

Sounds complicated, but it's really not. Of course it would be easier if you could front the postage costs (and 80€ sounds a LOT, I sent a 10kg package from EU to Thailand for less than that), but if you can't afford to, the above is your easiest option.

might it be possible for LRG to pay for a shipping label themself and then send OP the pdf label to print out and slap on the box?

Samuray

Nov 21, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
might it be possible for LRG to pay for a shipping label themself and then send OP the pdf label to print out and slap on the box?

Dunno. I figured they would have suggested that if it were viable. Maybe I'll ask them but since I'm being blackmailed, I want to get this POS package out of my house a.s.a.p.

Post your story on /r/nintendoswitch
Let them burn for being a shit company. Something like "PSA LimitedRunGames is holding my games hostage over their mistake". I know I would do it.

It's tempting, but I'm not on reddit and for now (at least) I just wanted to tell folks on here. Bit of a shame neither Doug nor EvilGizmo are here anymore, as I'm really wondering if this was them or if the new support person is overreacting.

LimitedRunGames

Verified
Nov 2, 2017
Dunno. I figured they would have suggested that if it were viable. Maybe I'll ask them but since I'm being blackmailed, I want to get this POS package out of my house a.s.a.p.

It's tempting, but I'm not on reddit and for now (at least) I just wanted to tell folks on here. Bit of a shame neither Doug nor EvilGizmo are here anymore, as I'm really wondering if this was them or if the new support person is overreacting.

Wow, let them burn is extreme...

Oldmario sent me a DM on Twitter. If you can PM your ticket number to me I will have this resolved asap for you tomorrow and figure out some way to compensate you for this. This should not have been handled this way when all you were doing was telling us the truth about a duplicate package. I apologize that this happened. We have a few new employees still learning the ropes and how to treat the collector market, some of them were in much tougher support roles at other companies so they are probably used to being way more strict than they need to be here. Again, I sincerely apologize that it ever got this way and will resolve this tomorrow as well as talk it over with the support team.

-Douglas (in case no one knew)

Jom

Oct 25, 2017

Oldmario sent me a DM on Twitter. If you can PM your ticket number to me I will have this resolved asap for you tomorrow and figure out some way to compensate you for this. This should not have been handled this way when all you were doing was telling us the truth about a duplicate package. I apologize that this happened. We have a few new employees still learning the ropes and how to treat the collector market, some of them were in much tougher support roles at other companies so they are probably used to being way more strict than they need to be here. Again, I sincerely apologize that it ever got this way and will resolve this tomorrow as well as talk it over with the support team.

Nice. This is a great response and awesome customer service.

Samuray

Nov 21, 2017
Hamburg, Germany

Thank you for this!!! PM just went out. You showing up here and saying all this means a lot... I had a really rough evening yesterday after that support team message, but this makes me feel much better already.

Thank you for helping out like that! You rock! <3

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017

Talk about a shitty outcome. Glad to see Doug showed up to save the day after all.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I have zero hope to grab the CE of both Koihime and KOF 97.

I'm sad for this :(

EvilGizmo

Nov 14, 2017
I won't continue to belabor, but again this predates any of the loss. People had tickets take well over a month to resolve before they lost anyone, myself included. Now as you said, it's naturally worse for the time being. I think we might be in credit card/Paypal dispute territory to get anything done these days.

Again, I love their products for the most part. I just find it maddening that some ever present issues just continue to roll along.

All support tickets have been caught up and we are back to a 24-48 hour turnaround.
If you have a ticket in the system that has not had a response, please send me your ticket number and I'll look into it!
The oldest unanswered tickets I'm showing currently are from Monday.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
All support tickets have been caught up and we are back to a 24-48 hour turnaround.
If you have a ticket in the system that has not had a response, please send me your ticket number and I'll look into it!

I have a couple that had a response but we're still going back and forth. I'll send a PM later and I appreciate it.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017

Strange... I know I successfully sent an inquiry out a couple weeks ago, but I can't even find an email confirmation for it... Can it be searched by email, since I have no ticket number for it?

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
Nice~ My combined order was processed yesterday, so I just glanced at my points to see if anything was lost like people said they would be. The points were lost, and corrected without me needing to ask about them.