• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Seems Stranger's Wrath is one of the LRG PS3 releases. Great that the HD version gets perserved in actual HD on the big screen but the announced Switch version makes it feel a bit redundant since I'm guessing that one will also get an LRG release.

not everyone will have a switch but then again it's Oddworld Inhabitants meaning it'll probably get ported to PS4 eventually too

maybe i should get rid of my Vita copies in anticipation of a PS4 release

xianren

Oct 27, 2017
Switzerland
Wow....a PS3 release.......I have some suggestions dear LRG guys......Please release Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown PS3 on disc......and while you are at it the House of Dead 3 + 4 games and Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection....ahh and throw in some Outland and Beyond Good & Evil for good measure as well.....Thanks a lot.

Jan 11, 2018
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
Virtua Fighter5 FS
Tekken 5 DR HD
SoulCalbur II HD

Those are the ones I want the most on disc. Mortal Kombat seems the most likely out of these.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder why they took so long to announce that there would be a CE for Windjammers? Now that they've announced one, they still don't announce details or show what it is.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
It's the same as last time! :D

Well why wouldn't you at the very least mention that then? You don't have a listing on your site. Your Twitter announcement makes no mention of what's in it and people responding to your Twitter are asking what the details are so it's not just me wondering. What happened to the communication improvements you promised a year ago? Is everyone supposed to stumble upon this reply here even if they don't visit the forum?

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Well why wouldn't you at the very least mention that then? You don't have a listing on your site. Your Twitter announcement makes no mention of what's in it and people responding to your Twitter are asking what the details are so it's not just me wondering. What happened to the communication improvements you promised a year ago? Is everyone supposed to stumble upon this reply here even if they don't visit the forum?

People keep buying their stuff so there is no reason to improve.

I'll say one thing that has definitely improved over the last few months: their customer service. Limited Run Games had the worst customer service I've ever had to deal with and now they have one of the best, if not the best customer service I've dealt with. I've shared a harsh word or two about the company and how they could and can improve, and customer service is one thing that they did follow through and it's on a whole other level nowadays.

In my experience it still takes ~5 days to get a human response. The outcome may be improved, but that seems a bit on the slow side to me. Not trying to cancel out your experience, just add another recent data point.

Last edited:

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I'll say one thing that has definitely improved over the last few months: their customer service. Limited Run Games had the worst customer service I've ever had to deal with and now they have one of the best, if not the best customer service I've dealt with. I've shared a harsh word or two about the company and how they could and can improve, and customer service is one thing that they did follow through and it's on a whole other level nowadays.

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
In my experience it still takes ~5 days to get a human response. The outcome may be improved, but that seems a bit on the slow side to me. Not trying to cancel out your experience, just add another recent data point.
I contacted them back on the 7th (asking if they could manually apply my forgotten Golf Story coupon). To date I haven't heard back, its been 11 days. Yes I "updated" my complaint like their auto-response demanded I do in order to get a human to bother looking at it.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017

In what way? I've not had a terrible experience with them, but when I submitted a ticket a month ago it took them a fortnight to respond.

Issue got sorted but still.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
January 1st will be our sale!

Hey, not to ambush you with questions while you're here. But I was wondering about the old loyalty tickets.

I'm currently waiting on a large hold order with purchases that go back to May. The order is waiting on all the items to be produced before it can ship, which is all good.

The question I have is, are you guys still giving the old loyalty tickets for purchases that would have been made under the old loyalty ticket system? I believe I'm only a couple away from the 40 at the moment.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
[QU. The outcome may be improved, but that seems a bit on the slow side to me.
I contacted them back on the 7th (asking if they could manually apply my forgotten Golf Story coupon). To date I haven't heard back, its been 11 days. Yes I "updated" my complaint like their auto-response demanded I do in order to get a human to bother looking at it.

Yeah that is basically a tactic to reduce the workload of tickets without doing anything.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017

To be fair they literally replied to someone in the Windjammers twitter post mentioning what it would all include and i think the PR mentioned it too. It wasn't that difficult to find the info on but they didn't go in detail like before likely because it's a very similar LE.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017

In what way? I've not had a terrible experience with them, but when I submitted a ticket a month ago it took them a fortnight to respond.

Issue got sorted but still.

Maybe I got lucky. I don't get a reply fast, but I do get it within a week or so and it's always with a solution to whatever issue I have.

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
So who's getting rainworld Friday? I think I'm gonna hold out for a Switch version. If it doesn't come... ah well. This is definitely a game I'm more on the fence about. Windjammers is a pass for me.

Super excited for Celeste though, and I only have five outstanding orders at this point, mostly switch preorder stuff.

Mr_Kuschels

Oct 25, 2017
Honest question. Who in the world would pay $15 bucks for a LRG trading card (Link to Ebay Auction)? Are they actually high in demand or is this guy just out of his mind?

Edit: Looked up others and this isn't even the most expensive card on Ebay. I can see spending some money on cards for let's say Magic or Yu-Gi Oh since you can actually use them for a deck, but this has no real use. I guess everyone can spend their money the way they want (and it doesn't mean that those cards listed will sell for the asking price) but now I'm wondering if I should go ahead and sell all my cards too.

Last edited:

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Honest question. Who in the world would pay $15 bucks for a LRG trading card (Link to Ebay Auction)? Are they actually high in demand or is this guy just out of his mind?

Edit: Looked up others and this isn't even the most expensive card on Ebay. I can see spending some money on cards for let's say Magic or Yu-Gi Oh since you can actually use them for a deck, but this has no real use. I guess everyone can spend their money the way they want (and it doesn't mean that those cards listed will sell for the asking price) but now I'm wondering if I should go ahead and sell all my cards too.

I have a couple gold cards, but I usually just stick them in the game case after I'm done playing them. Collectible cards are something I'm never interested in.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how much I could charge for an entire LRG sealed Vita collection when it's all said and done.

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how much I could charge for an entire LRG sealed Vita collection when it's all said and done.

Depends on how long you wait, I bet. You'd probably make more by parting it all out. People want a deal if they're buying in bulk. And since collecting sealed LRG and keeping them sealed is a much bigger thing 25 years ago with NES/SNES stuff, you're gonna be fighting a lot of people who also expect bank.

After fees and shipping, if you sold everything right now, I don't think it'd be great return on investment. Maybe in 10 or 20 years.

(Sorry, just spent the past month listing tons of retro game and system doubles and whatnot from years of yardsaling, so I'm still in that mode).

EvilGizmo

Nov 14, 2017
To answer a few questions:
1. The physical tickets will be sent out with everything through Cosmic Star Heroine (Switch).
2. We are transitioning support staff as well as dealing with a larger than normal volume of support tickets, we are working through those as quickly as possible and will get everything resolved for folks. (If you have a time sensitive issue/emergency, please PM us on facebook or twitter).
3. We have a marketing team that is handling announcements regarding upcoming releases. They should have more info sent out regarding Friday's releases shortly (if it's not already gone out today).

ConanEdogawa

Oct 31, 2017
The early Vita releases have retained the most value, but after that not much. If you bought the games for speculation purposes, the peak time to sell has probably passed. I do agree that selling them individually will give you the highest return. Maybe bundle groups of the lower prices titles to save on shipping.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
To answer a few questions:
1. The physical tickets will be sent out with everything through Cosmic Star Heroine (Switch).
2. We are transitioning support staff as well as dealing with a larger than normal volume of support tickets, we are working through those as quickly as possible and will get everything resolved for folks. (If you have a time sensitive issue/emergency, please PM us on facebook or twitter).
3. We have a marketing team that is handling announcements regarding upcoming releases. They should have more info sent out regarding Friday's releases shortly (if it's not already gone out today).

Thanks for this. Was wondering whether I'd be able to use my support tickets for anything at all.

Does anyone know if they're tied to account? Someone has offered to give me a few spares if I don't have enough.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I have one extra bc I picked up a game I missed on Ebay, and the seller threw it in the box. How do they identify this, and how is it possibly worth their time? Are they slow on support while they carefully match tickets?

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
I have one extra bc I picked up a game I missed on Ebay, and the seller threw it in the box. How do they identify this, and how is it possibly worth their time? Are they slow on support while they carefully match tickets?

there's a number on each one iirc and they note the numbers on the account i'm guessing

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
I have several extra when they accidently shipped one of my orders twice. I have no idea if they are valid or which ones they are.

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
I have several extra when they accidently shipped one of my orders twice. I have no idea if they are valid or which ones they are.
I'm pretty sure one of my hold orders contained 1 extra ticket. But maybe a CE was considered special or something?
Regardless, I'm just going to stockpile all mine till they're done, then send them all in. Seems like the easiest/best way to redeem them.

Ramako

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Amazing if true. I was disappointed that I'd missed out on the PS4 run, but Switch is my console of choice, so this would be perfect.

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
It's not a picture of a cart. No reason they couldn't already test sample some boxes whenever they feel like.

Yep, test prints to see what the final product will look like most likely.

Also, Josh is saying no one has guessed it so shrug. I'd actually prefer it not be firewatch because I already the PS4 version and love it so I'd probably spend more money...

In other news, I was pretty set on getting Battle Princess Madelyn on Switch via Playasia, but since LRGs PS4 release will likely be more content complete patch-wise, I think I'll opt for that.

Last edited:

lyte edge

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just pre-ordered Windjammers regular and LEs for Switch. Even though I have a PS4 LE and regular copies for PS4 and Vita. ^_^;

You can never have enough WINDJAMMERS.