• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
Yeah, like the 3,000 limited edition for Severed.

Holy crap, I can't believe it's still in stock at PA.
I've NO doubt if that was an LRG release it'd be gone by the weekend easily. This is part of the reason why I made my comments earlier.

LRG has never put up a CE, claimed it's limited, then after the CE soldout put up unlimited regular copies.
Actually, LRG is sorta doing that with Switch releases. And what do you know, PS4 releases are suffering because people are saying "I think a Switch port may be coming" and skipping the PS4 release.

emb

Oct 28, 2017
Preorders and slow sellers have me a little spoiled I guess. I took my sweet leisurely time going to get Phantom Breaker and missed it. :( Not too worried about it, I'll probably pick it up some time down the line.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
The only thing I was disappointed in was that the LE came in 2 covers :( The only other time I bought 2 LEs was for Catherine...

I do hope this won't be a new trend, since I definately prefer 1 LE and 1 SE.

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Really surprised that there are still copies of PS4 PBBG left. Sure it isn't going to sell out as quickly as Vita, but I also didn't expect it to hang around until later this evening like it has.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
I just picked the one with the better cover for the LE.

obviously a man of certified taste

you chose Catherine ofcourse

Really surprised that there are still copies of PS4 PBBG left. Sure it isn't going to sell out as quickly as Vita, but I also didn't expect it to hang around until later this evening like it has.

no limit on them anymore either, i think from the first batch only Lateshift and PBBG Vita actually sold out

Samuray

Nov 21, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
CE fatigue possibly?

Most certainly. I love them but am struggling to afford them....there's just so many these days.
Skipped "Slime-San" because that game is simply not for me, but if I like a game, I usually want the CE. The density just got too high recently.

Well, and the Switch factor for sure. PBBG is a great game that was highly anticipated for a long time, or at least I think so. Now it's struggling to sell out on PS4.....the reason just has to be Switch. Can't think of any other.

And yeah....I can see why. I'm starting to question PS4 purchases more and more myself....that CSH thing was a pretty rude wake-up call in a way. :) Funny thing is, I still prefer CSH for PS4 because, I don't know, it just fits somehow....but since almost EVERY indie game seems to be coming to Switch on physical sooner or later, with every PS4 release I think to myself "Hmm, should I really grab this or wait for the inevitable Switch release?"... and I'm probably not the only one.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
If they went to grow up and be a serious business they're going to have to have some customer service.

Maybe if they were a bigger company. They won't "grow up" unlsss they do in size and are able to handle a giant influx of cancellations, and a huge smount of return stock, return department, etc. It can get very complicated, and there's plenty of "all sales are final" online. Also note all the people that were all like "I want to cancel cause this game isn't rare cause it's still in stock!" In this model, I can see returns as being VERY messy.

Jan 22, 2018
Maybe if they were a bigger company. They won't "grow up" unlsss they do in size and are able to handle a giant influx of cancellations, and a huge smount of return stock, return department, etc. It can get very complicated, and there's plenty of "all sales are final" online. Also note all the people that were all like "I want to cancel cause this game isn't rare cause it's still in stock!" In this model, I can see returns as being VERY messy.

I contacted right after it happened, and was told no, and only remedy was either to accept or return myself and incur like a 15% "restocking" fee... considering I have spent over 2 grand on their games, I felt I could deserve a little bit of good will, but no.. maybe in the future their customer service will improve, but for right now, it is non-existent

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I contacted right after it happened, and was told no, and only remedy was either to accept or return myself and incur like a 15% "restocking" fee... considering I have spent over 2 grand on their games, I felt I could deserve a little bit of good will, but no.. maybe in the future their customer service will improve, but for right now, it is non-existent

I mean, I've spent a good chunk too, but I do recognize when a store says "all sales are final", and wouldn't expect them to do a return for me. Restocking fees are usually there to help cut losses, since those type of places have returns cost them, especially without a real return dept. and it deali g with a customer just changing their mind, rather than a product be broken in transit etc.

superNESjoe

Developer at Limited Run Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

You have your right to be upset if something didn't go down the way you wanted, but I wouldn't say a company enforcing a strict no returns policy is the same as customer service being "non-existent".

I'm biased I guess because I work here, but our customer support team definitely exists, and we do a lot of work to accommodate a lot of people every single day.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
the no refunds policy kinda makes sense because of the overly dramatic people but the thing hat makes no sense is that there's either a $3 or $2 (the sentence is kinda worded weirdly) fee to merge orders of games made on the same day which is kinda harsh because of Shopify changing how their system works and making it first to purchase the games gets it instead of the placing it in cart thing we used to have

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017

• By the purchaser. All sales are considered final. We may, in our discretion, allow cancellation of an order prior to shipment, but we are not required to do so.
So they might and they might not. By the same token, if they are going to treat people that have a dozen or more unfulfilled orders poorly then it's not going to end well. And at the end of the day, the need to cancel is the result of their poor ordering system.

You have your right to be upset if something didn't go down the way you wanted, but I wouldn't say a company enforcing a strict no returns policy is the same as customer service being "non-existent".

I'm biased I guess because I work here, but our customer support team definitely exists, and we do a lot of work to accommodate a lot of people every single day.

No offense, but you're 0 for 2 with me at this point. Maybe the 3rd time's the charm.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Have over $1100 in unfulfilled orders so I'll choose to be optimistic.

At their discretion they might very well choose to accommodate you. Their return policy, from what I've read from other customers, usually leans toward no cancellations. I'm sure a number of us around here have orders numbering in the hundreds or thousands, but very well understand once we follow through with a given order its final sale. I hope it all works out, but steel your heart against the idea of things not going your way.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
At their discretion they might very well choose to accommodate you. Their return policy, from what I've read from other customers, usually leans toward no cancellations. I'm sure a number of us around here have orders numbering in the hundreds or thousands, but very well understand once we follow through with a given order its final sale. I hope it all works out, but steel your heart against the idea of things not going your way.

Having a stated policy does not make it legal. While it may be in some states, it will not be in others. It may also be illegal in the EU. I'm not sure how that works with international transactions.

I do know that in the US, they are required to offer refunds when products are delayed beyond their initial shipping estimate, so that is something that people should keep in mind. They play pretty fast and loose with that one, and it's detailed on the FTC website.

Of course that doesn't specifically apply here, just pointing out that you can state whatever you want in your policies. It doesn't automatically mean it's an iron clad policy.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't really paying attention to that but i saw how many unfulfilled order from couple of month i have, it's start to get a little crazy... i'm alone or this is a general problem ?

superNESjoe

Developer at Limited Run Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Wasn't really paying attention to that but i saw how many unfulfilled order from couple of month i have, it's start to get a little crazy... i'm alone or this is a general problem ?

We've had a lot of games from the past few months that haven't started shipping yet. We sent out an email recently with shipping updates on a lot of our games.

If it's a game that's already started shipping, contact our customer support. They'll take care of it.

Lordys

Oct 28, 2017

Got 15 orders unfulfilled ... pre-order are annoying for hold order now i'm waiting a lot more to get my games. (but i'm cool with this because i can save a lot with shipping cost).

Noisepurge

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
We've had a lot of games from the past few months that haven't started shipping yet. We sent out an email recently with shipping updates on a lot of our games.

If it's a game that's already started shipping, contact our customer support. They'll take care of it.

as customer feedback, LRG used to be a lot better at that what you still state in your FAQ, games should ship out in about 2 weeks.
Now several new games get announced and put up for sale before the previous ones have even shipped, starting to beg for the possibility to combine old orders.

heisenbrg

Jan 23, 2018
Großfrostheim
Then they should stop doing pre-orders.
I can not agree less. Pre orders are the best thing what LRG ever did. For me, it looks like that a lot of people agree with me here. People are happy with that pre order system because they can get the games they want and save shipping costs.

If you have a problem with pre orders, dont't order games as a pre order. It's really that easy!

Noisepurge

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
I can not agree less. Pre orders are the best thing what LRG ever did. For me, it looks like that a lot of people agree with me here. People are happy with that pre order system because they can get the games they want and save shipping costs.

If you have a problem with pre orders, dont't order games as a pre order. It's really that easy!

waiting months for the games to actually ship is "the best thing ever" sure ok...

Noisepurge

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Not all of them. For an example, Super Hydorah for the Vita wasn't a pre-order, it was sold early June and it'll only ship in September.

yeah i'm talking all games from LRG nowadays, Vall-Halla and Observer in my case are both just stuck in "unfulfilled" limbo for what seems like ages :D Olden days of LRG they used to ship prettymuch immediately.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
The oldest game that wasn't pre-order is Aaero (PS4), which was sold in May 11th and scheduled to ship late August to early September, three to four months after it was sold. I mean, there's not even the excuse that Sony is swamped in Vita orders like they shared with VA-11 HALL-A and ROM 2064.

Samuray

Nov 21, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Hmm...it's mid-August now and neither do we know the 8/24 mystery game nor pricing for the upcoming games/ CEs nor if there will be any other additional releases coming our way. Hopefully we'll be enlightened soon!

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Having to wait so long for preorders is a bummer, but I will gladly take that over the alternative of fighting for copies, especially when it comes to switch. I like the flexibility the preorder system offers as well, so that I can plan my orders and save on shipping.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Having to wait so long for preorders is a bummer, but I will gladly take that over the alternative of fighting for copies, especially when it comes to switch. I like the flexibility the preorder system offers as well, so that I can plan my orders and save on shipping.

Let's not kid ourselves. We often get the best of both worlds... fight for a copy and still wait for months.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I'm just in the canp of "as long as I get the game". I have no need to play immediately, so I don't care about the wait. Everything always does come out! My Sekai orders, waiting on those tho....

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just in the canp of "as long as I get the game". I have no need to play immediately, so I don't care about the wait. Everything always does come out! My Sekai orders, waiting on those tho....

I mean I think that's most of us but at some point you can be down $1000+ for stuff that isn't shipping and that's easy to do without even buying the collector versions or multiple copies.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I mean I think that's most of us but at some point you can be down $1000+ for stuff that isn't shipping and that's easy to do without even buying the collector versions or multiple copies.

Yeah, but it's not like you aren't getting the items. (Except for some combined order issues...) they do always come in and ship out. I have a few humdred dollars worth of stuff myself still pending, which is just something else on my general pre-order list to look out for. I buy tons of figures too, and most stores have the "pay immediately, ship out later", so I'm just really used to it.