• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
FV90AHRVsAA_RqW

www.youtube.com

Lil Nas X, Youngboy Never Broke Again - Late To Da Party (F*CK BET) (Official Video)

Official video for “Late To Da Party (F*CK BET)” by Lil Nas X & NBAYoungBoy Listen & Download “Late To Da Party (F*CK BET)” out now: https://lilnasx.lnk.to/L...

EDIT: Adding context for the track.

variety.com

Lil Nas X Speaks Out On BET Awards Snub: ‘An Outstanding Zero Nominations Again’

"Black gay ppl have to fight to be seen in this world," said Lil Nas X in a series of since-deleted tweets discussing his BET Awards snub.

After the list of BET nominations was announced on Wednesday morning (June 1), Lil Nas X took to Twitter to vent his frustrations at the awards show for snubbing him for a second year — and on the first day of Pride Month, might we add.

"Thank you BET awards. an outstanding zero nominations again," he wrote, adding an ironic "black excellence!"

Nas also quote tweeted a response to a critic who had questioned what he had put out that should deem him worthy of a nomination, "idk maybe 3 of the biggest songs of last year & a critically acclaimed album," he said, "i feel like that should've helped me a bit."

To conclude the since-deleted public conversation, Nas said it wasn't about the nominations, "i just feel like black gay ppl have to fight to be seen in this world and even when we make it to the top mfs try to pretend we are invisible."

Last edited:

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol are they trying to make fun of someone in particular with the cheap editing?

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've liked some of his past stuff but this one ain't for me.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
it would be nice if the op explained what the beef was about. damn nas killing bet

variety.com

Lil Nas X Speaks Out On BET Awards Snub: ‘An Outstanding Zero Nominations Again’

"Black gay ppl have to fight to be seen in this world," said Lil Nas X in a series of since-deleted tweets discussing his BET Awards snub.

After the list of BET nominations was announced on Wednesday morning (June 1), Lil Nas X took to Twitter to vent his frustrations at the awards show for snubbing him for a second year — and on the first day of Pride Month, might we add.

"Thank you BET awards. an outstanding zero nominations again," he wrote, adding an ironic "black excellence!"

Nas also quote tweeted a response to a critic who had questioned what he had put out that should deem him worthy of a nomination, "idk maybe 3 of the biggest songs of last year & a critically acclaimed album," he said, "i feel like that should've helped me a bit."

To conclude the since-deleted public conversation, Nas said it wasn't about the nominations, "i just feel like black gay ppl have to fight to be seen in this world and even when we make it to the top mfs try to pretend we are invisible."

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
there's an implied homophobia with BET snubbing him right ^

like "our audience doesn't want to see gay rap"

which is absurd for a show billing itself as "Culture's biggest night."

Lil Nas X is huge and to pretend he's not a part of black culture or a lot of black fans don't want to see him is absurd.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Banger track and love the video. That's my editing style. If it has transparency it's overkill.

Vagabond

Oct 26, 2017
United States
there's an implied homophobia with BET snubbing him right ^

like "our audience doesn't want to see gay rap"

which is absurd for a show billing itself as "Culture's biggest night."

Lil Nas X is huge and to pretend he's not a part of black culture or a lot of black fans don't want to see him is absurd.
The same network who hired a gay blogger to do their red carpet, then pulled him aside and told him to not be so gay and cut his segments after some no name no longer relevant rapper complained one time about a gay man in the red carpet that wasn't even interviewing him? Color me shocked.

TBH just like the way they did Santana, they will use gay artists and creators and quickly ditch them as they still see homosexuality as 'controversial'. You see how tepidly they are supporting B-Boy Blues.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
This track is good stuff, from both Lil Nas X's end and NBA YoungBoy. I liked YoungBoy's verse a lot. I don't know much about him but a coworker filled me in a bit as to who he is.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Please say "late to da party" like Arnold Schwarzenegger in Commando every time you see this song title.

May 24, 2019
I hate how the video reveals that the cover art is photoshopped.

edit: I liked all the cheap compositing in the video otherwise.

Last edited:

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Look at Lil Nas X... All grown up and telling BET to go fuck themselves.

I really appreciate that young person. The kids gon be alright.

BobbyRawlins

Oct 25, 2017
i had to stop the video seconds in to laugh out loudly at Nas going up the airplane steps...and then the hats...

i cant listen to the song because the video is killing me 🤣

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
the video "style" giving me flashback when the internet was starting and the kids were just using random images they find on each others geocities page

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
The video was pretty great but yeah, I feel like the song itself was written, rapped and mixed in 20 minutes.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
As a designer and animator, this video speaks to me. Amazing.

As an aside, are you free to use Getty/stock photography without paying for it if you leave the watermark? Brilliant stylistic choice for this video but I'm genuinely curious, if anyone knows.