• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
I was going to pre-order the new Guilty Gear for the beta access this week and I used to just go to the web store and buy games, but now the web store page simply shows the different editions with no ability to click on them to pre-order/purchase. It's almost like a info page instead of a store page. And I'm signed in with the correct region account on the web store.

Then I tried using the PS phone App and the store page on the app is the exact same but has the pre-order buttons, so I click on those and it says sign in and has a big button for sign in and I click it and nothing is happening.

I'm gonna go to the other room and turn on my PS5 and try for the 3rd time now and see if that works,

But I mean wow, like that you can't even buy a fucking game you want because their store is so broken is beyond awful. I remember this happened last time I tried to buy a game too. They make it so difficult to buy a game that I'd rather just not buy the game from their store.

Hopefully all the 100% negative feedback from basically every person on earth about the store will get them to revamp and fix this in the first year of PS5...

OP
OP
Bebpo

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Ok, 3rd attempt on the PS5 console itself worked fine. I always used to buy games while at work on the PSN web store, so the web store being so broken it doesn't even show the purchase options and there is no way to purchase is pretty bad.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California

Guilty Gear -Strive-

Pre-order Guilty Gear -Strive- and receive the following contents - Guilty Gear -Strive- Special Colour for Sol Ky Customers who purchase the digital version of Guilty Gear -Strive- for PS4 will be able to upgrade to the PS5 digital version for no extra charge. A PS5 or PS5 Digital Edition...

Have fun!

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Not being able to preorder a game for a console that can`t be preordered is pretty consequent.

OP
OP
Bebpo

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018

Guilty Gear -Strive-

Pre-order Guilty Gear -Strive- and receive the following contents - Guilty Gear -Strive- Special Colour for Sol Ky Customers who purchase the digital version of Guilty Gear -Strive- for PS4 will be able to upgrade to the PS5 digital version for no extra charge. A PS5 or PS5 Digital Edition...

Have fun!

How do you get to the old web store style like that?

I was only getting this one:

Guilty Gear -Strive-

Which somehow now has the pre-order buttons, but it didn't have them fifteen minutes ago...

Oct 27, 2017
Conversely, I simply couldn't, despite all my efforts, redeem Control: Ultimate Edition and Destruction All-Stars through the PS5's store which was constantly throwing up an error message at me. Only was able to succeed finally through the webstore. That doesn't absolve the webstore, of course, and how severe of a downgrade it is in both design and functionality from the previous design.

The point is that the entire experience of buying games for the PS5, from all directions, is a largely atrocious one.

In fact, outside of redeeming monthly PS Plus games, I haven't bought or interacted with the playstation store to buy anything for at least 6 months now for fear of the hassle I'd face.

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
I'd like for the page that lists all recent DLC to come back, personally. I have no idea why they got rid of that a few months back.

Johannes

Oct 28, 2017
I have mostly tried to use the store on PS5 and the experience has been fucking abysmal. At this point I have more or less just given up using the store and added couple dozen of titles to PSPrice's wish list so I will get notification when these go to sale. The positive side is that at least now I will save up money, since I can't do impulse purchases like I used to do. And it's not only just the PSN Store. Few days ago I noticed that Persona 5 Royal was added to the PS Now. However, when downloading it turned up being Hotline Miami 2. Genuinely baffling how the overall experience has degraded this much after the PS4.

Nov 21, 2017
In my thread about how bad the PS5 store is (it's awful) people told me to use the website.

Seems like the buck keeps getting passed back and forth with one common denominator between all the stores.

I've had no problems with the PS5 store. The website store hasn't been good ever since they updated just prior to the launch of PS5.

bakedpony

Oct 27, 2017
The ps mobile app is busted. There is definitely something wrong since clicking Add to Cart brings up a SIGN IN button that does nothing.

I think Jeff Gerstmann mentioned this too in a bombcast. When it was working it was the best option.

AndyVirus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's impossible for me to access payment management on the web and app. Get an error every single time I try to add funds.

I can "buy" the PS+ games on the website but everything else I have to do on the PS4.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
It's a little annoying to have to boot up my PS5 just to look at the store but I've had no problems with the PS5 store so far. The wishlist is a lot better than the old webstore's one at least.

As for the new webstore, I don't understand how it was launched in its current state. Like, I can understand if it was a casualty of the pandemic leading up to launch where resources were prioritised elsewhere but if that's the case, they should've delayed it and kept the old store until it was ready. Even if the old webstore was still missing PS5 games, at least we'd be able to buy PS4 (and PS3/Vita) games from it, which is a hell of a lot more than we can do with the broken mess we've got now.

Etoh

Oct 25, 2017
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I never touch the webstore (for the aforementioned reasons), but I've absolutely loved my experience with the PS5 store. It's fast AF, pretty to look at and it has led me to purchase a lot more games that I've wanted to purchase.

Oct 27, 2017
Suspect I'll be going against the grain here, but I've literally never had a single issue with finding anything, buying anything or redeeming anything on either the mobile app or the PS5 itself.

That is of course not to dismiss the fact others have, but I'd be super curious to screen share watch someone trying to search for a game or redeem a PS+ game, because I genuinely don't know what bit of it some are struggling with.

Oct 25, 2017
That is of course not to dismiss the fact others have, but I'd be super curious to screen share watch someone trying to search for a game or redeem a PS+ game, because I genuinely don't know what bit of it some are struggling with.
it legit just doesn't work half of the time.

on the new site, i sometimes just don't even get the button to redeem a free ps+ game or purchase a game.

the main problem is that the mobile app is actually pretty good, the site itself is just really poor in comparison.

Oct 27, 2017
it legit just doesn't work half of the time.

on the new site, i sometimes just don't even get the button to redeem a free ps+ game or purchase a game.

the main problem is that the mobile app is actually pretty good, the site itself is just really poor in comparison.

I'm sure the new site is crap, I've no doubts on that. I've just not needed to use it because - like I say - I have no issues using either the PS5 store or the mobile app.

Blue Mage

Oct 29, 2017
Portland, OR
I've been dying of curiosity about this trainwreck for months: What was the lead up to the web store replacement like? Have any heads rolled in sales and/or marketing? Are PS Store revenues way down month after month since the revamp due to this awful storefront? Will they ever actually acknowledge this situation or will it just continue on through the spring, the summer, etc? The sheer confusion about how this turned out the way it did is doing my head in way more than any irritation or frustration with the store, like I can't stop thinking about it sometimes, lol

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
While we're complaining I hate that it asks for card information to redeem a "free" ps+, game or download an app.

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
Right now I'm losing money each month because I can't cancel my PS Now sub. The subscription management page refuses to load (all other account management pages load fine) and I don't have my Playstation at hand. It's ridiculous. I've built dozens of webshops and similar pieces of software in my career, this is a solved problem.
I'm seriously considering to burn my PSN account by doing a chargeback.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The PSN webstore wasn't so bad, but they changed it not too long ago. Now its a pain to try and add ps+ games to my cart. Trying to navigate the webstore is a time consuming and miserable experience. Can't find what I'm looking for. They completely changed the layout.

Sevvybgoode

Oct 29, 2017
I'm sure the new site is crap, I've no doubts on that. I've just not needed to use it because - like I say - I have no issues using either the PS5 store or the mobile app.
I'm in the same place. It might not be that attractive ux wise but I haven't had a single issue redeeming or purchasing games through either the app (iOS) or on my ps5.

Although I was struggling to view my 2020 in review data from following the email I was sent so there's that I suppose.

Zeel

Oct 27, 2017
For me the PS Store was always just a broken piece of shit, until they redesigned the site a few months ago.
Since then it's been the most broken piece of shit I ever loaded up in any browser, seriously I can't understand how you can fuck up basic functionality this bad.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
This store debacle must be on the biggest gaming fails of 2020. I was willing to cut them some slack because I assumed they planned changes in time for PS5 launch and then were hit with covid related delays, I'm guessing, but it's now February and it's still in poor shape.