• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
I like the setup from what we've seen so far, but yiiiiikes at the price point, both for the new game and the remasters (if not bought alongside the new game).

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Max: I can time travel
Daniel: I can move thing with my mind
Alex: I can tell when you're horny *bonk*

Sep 29, 2019
This looks like a step-up from previous titles in so many ways. The story and graphics seem so interesting. Nice to see what Deck Nine efforts became.

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
I wonder how much content it has for that 60€.

But I'm very, very glad Life is Strange is back in form. Fully onboard with this for now. :')

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Played through the town hiding a secret in Twin Mirror recently but this will hopefully pull it off much better.

donpureevil

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Looks fantastic! And i really love the design of the main character.
Not sure if remasters of the old games are needed, but i´ll probably get them anyway ;)

Sep 29, 2019
Cool, all the game in a single go, no episodic stuff. There is also chapter breaks, interesting feature.
LiS1 and BtS remasters too!!!!!

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The games been in development for 4 years and releasing all at once so full price makes sense. Especially when graphically it seems like a fairly decent upgrade over 2.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
nico-goldstein-lg.jpg

Got a Nico vibe.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Alright, looks interesting, I'm in. Hopefully it tells another great story, and hopefully there are a lot of LGBT characters.

I like that the protagonist is asian and isn't skinny. I think it would be a missed opportunity if they don't talk about racism against asian people, it's extremely relevant at the moment, just like LiS2 tackled racism towards immigrants just when Trump got elected.

That's such a massive improvement over the last two games when it comes to visuals.

The game does look very pretty but I feel like LiS2 had better facial animations. I might be wrong just judging by that trailer, or they might still been working on that (i believe this is the kind of thing they would fine tune in the end of the dev cycle?).

Sep 29, 2019
Yeah, this makes me think though. If Life is Strange 3 is in the same universe and timeline than the other games, so this means that
Arcadia Bay being saved and Chloe dying is canon
?

EDIT: From the fact that Steph is alive and in the game, forgot to add that.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Hmmm i am not sure..i see some clichés.(the creep song was too much).
Not totally feeling it.It looks to try a bit too much to check some boxes.
But i will play it.
it looks good

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, this makes me think though. If Life is Strange 3 is in the same universe and timeline than the other games, so this means that
Arcadia Bay being saved and Chloe dying is canon
?

Life is Strange spoilers:

Well Steph wasn't in the original Life is Strange, so it doesn't really answer the question. She could have just left Arcadia Bay inbetween the two games. Maybe the game will mention it.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Looks good, definitely leaning a bit more towards 1 than 2 with the small town setting and slight murder mystery angle. The power seems interesting too.

Really need to get around to Before the Storm and Tell Me Why before this drops.

trajon

Dec 5, 2017
Looks great! Actually reminded me I still haven't played Life is Strange 2 so I looked it up and... it's on sale for like $13 on the PSN store! So grabbed that and will probably start that tonight. Will probably wait to buy until I can grab True Colors for $30-40 or the ultimate edition for $60-70 though. I love these games, but they just aren't what I expect to spend AAA money on.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so hype. It looks great. Love the main character already. And it's non-episodic.

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
Life is Strange hasn't really clicked with me in the past despite playing every one of them. Really into what I saw in the trailer though. Seems like a huge upgrade from the previous games and I'm super curious what a full priced Life is Strange turns out to be.