• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Hope so, I was reading it as B-patch +7 days, but that obviously wast too hopeful.

I reckon with the B-patch the technical state of the games is now 'fine'?

Things have improved but not everything is fixed yet, still some bugs and glitches, lightning stuff mostly. Waiting for this newest patch is probably the smartest idea for the smoothest experience.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Do we know they are going to do more patches for PC? Steamdb has been showing activity for both.

I saw a tweet last week that succinctly pointed out that everything they fixed with Patch A and B was stuff Deck Nine would have known about pre-release. Only now can they (probably) look into glitches and issues that haven't been identified.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Did the 60fps patches drop?

Ideally want 60fps and impressions of general state before finally re-jumping in

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
confused-direction.gif

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
Why is hitting 60fps on consoles two generations advanced since this game launched, proving so difficult? Have they used a different engine for the remaster?

Sonix

Prophet of Regret
Aug 3, 2020
Have they used a different engine for the remaster?
Yes, that was the main point of the remasters. However, I've seen quite a few titles supporting 60fps playback on current and last-gen consoles with Unreal Engine :)

It's probably a QA thing. I think they really don'T want to release a half-assed 60fps patch with drops or other annoyances because that would probably kill off the public perception of the remasters.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Came here to inquire about the state of 60fps on console, could you see it will be addressed soon. Spring time puts me in a LiS mood.

Princess Bubblegum

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
We're two months from release and I still haven't played either because I'm waiting for them to be in a good state. SE really dropped the ball not delaying these further. *shakes head* I feel bad for Deck Nine but it's quite possible with them being a contracted studio that management made impossible promises.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
We're two months from release and I still haven't played either because I'm waiting for them to be in a good state. SE really dropped the ball not delaying these further. *shakes head* I feel bad for Deck Nine but it's quite possible with them being a contracted studio that management made impossible promises.

All those platforms and finishing off the Switch release of True Colours is a ton of work to be sure.

Mischler

Dec 1, 2020
I played LiS 1 on the PS5 with 60 fps this weekend and I didn't have any major issues. There were 2 short cut scenes were Max was bouncing up and down but everything else worked fine.

Life is Strange was my first platinum trophy back in 2015 and now I got the platinum for the remaster as well.

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
Played through Episode 2 of the original during the weekend on PS5, post the latest patches, and... it's still kinda janky from a technical standpoint?

The 60 FPS mode screws up the lighting for me once again, so I had to turn it off and settle for 30. Some scenes are just extremely poorly lit while others are oversaturated, sometimes the framing of dialogue scenes is completely off (Max talking to the cop in Two Whale's, for instance, you can barely see his face). It's definitely better than it was at launch and I'm enjoying some of the improvements (the sound effects and mixing are definitely more pronounced than in the OG release), but the shortcomings are just too big for me to prefer it over the original. And most of all, I'm really sour to be still having issues after coughing up 40 bucks for it.

Princess Bubblegum

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting to the point where I'm tempted to just play the originals. I've put roughly 600 hours across Horizon Forbidden West and Elden Ring, and yet these remasters are still not where they should be.

What a shit show.

Sonix

Prophet of Regret
Aug 3, 2020
Anyone have impressions from Series X 60fps mode? I keep forgetting that this is finally available but I also have to actively drop other games so I'm hesitating.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Finally decided to play on my Xbox and it crashed during the nightmare. :( really disappointing. Still glad I played, now onto the comic and Blackwell book

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
Hmm… seems like this remaster is still a mess judging by recent impressions. Would you all just recommend picking up the originals and just play them through backwards compatibility? I know the original got FPS boosted but I don't know about Before the Storm.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Hmm… seems like this remaster is still a mess judging by recent impressions. Would you all just recommend picking up the originals and just play them through backwards compatibility? I know the original got FPS boosted but I don't know about Before the Storm.

Honestly, I think I would.

Princess Bubblegum

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
After 10,000 years, Life is Strange Remastered just got a new patch on Steam. 76.3 MB not expecting much. Going by SteamDB, a patch for Before the Storm Remastered is also in the pipeline. Probably drop in another 1,000 years.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Sorry for the bump, but were there any major patches in the last few months

Currently it's on PSN and was wondering what state I could expect it on PS5

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
New patch up apparently

I've not bit on the game yet as was waiting for 'more' patches.

Can anyone chime in later and see if the improvements are good?

r_rose

Mar 1, 2022
I just finished True Colors and read that Steph is in Before the Storm, which I somehow never played. If I'm on PS5/Xbox Series X should I play the original or the remastered version?

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So are we at the point with this collection where it's worthwhile on Series X?

This just went on sale for $25.99, and as someone that just played through Life is Strange: True Colors and Life is Strange 2 for the first time but haven't played these 2 games, I'm interested in picking it up if it's decent at this point.

Sr Kitsune

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Baja California, Mexico
So are we at the point with this collection where it's worthwhile on Series X?

This just went on sale for $25.99, and as someone that just played through Life is Strange: True Colors and Life is Strange 2 for the first time but haven't played these 2 games, I'm interested in picking it up if it's decent at this point.

Yeah, I'm wondering the same. I've seen all the patches that have been released but I have no idea of what is the "true" shape the game is in...