• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Diablo Rosso

Apr 18, 2018
I'm on episode 2 of LiS 1 and the subtitles aren't there and instead has the code for the dialog as the text e.g. Cue_E2_1A_Bathroom_TakeShower_Victoria_070

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm on episode 2 of LiS 1 and the subtitles aren't there and instead has the code for the dialog as the text e.g. Cue_E2_1A_Bathroom_TakeShower_Victoria_070

This is pretty rough, there's multiple examples of this popping up all over Twitter

After kinda having an ok time with True Colours on day 1, but entirely 'not great', the one thing I couldn't do with this was buy blind on day 1

By the time they'd patched a lot of stuff and added 60fps, I'd seen all it had to offer and it wasn't compelling enough (like LIS1 and BTS) for multiple plays. You could argue this is the case with many games that come out of the gate hot, which is fair, but with relatively linear games like this it hurts more

At least the powers that be didn't delist the original

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I went back to the original LIS on XSX with frame rate boost and auto hdr enabled and it does run smoother than this remaster. The upgrade to 4k is nice though. They really turned up the saturation in the remaster. Mouth movements are improved, but it's a pretty minor change and they are still not great. I'm not gonna play any more of the remaster until they enable 60fps and fix the other bugs.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Yeah the remaster doesn't look great.Obviously a cash grab but no surprise here.(hey it's Square Enix).In fact,the game didn't really need a remaster,just some "improved lip sync" patch tbh.And i don't think it's improved really much in the remaster.Well in fact it depends on the moment.
Played most of the first episode and...the lighting is so...flat?I don't know why.Also some faces are...i don't know.Max for example is a bit different,Also teeth.And the texture on the clothes was not necessary and give a weird mix of stylished graphs and realism.It don't think it works well all the time.
I kinda want to replay the original instead.Sure lip sync was not great at all,but lighting and textures was less generic to me in the original.
(Game by itself is still great,of course )

Last edited:

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Can't believe that after the videos I saw of it, and the bugs being described, they dare to ask 40 euros EACH. That's crazy to me.

Edit: Oh it's both games in 1? Still too much for how little it improved though. I got 2 emails from steam so I thought you had to buy them separately lol.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Sucks that these aren't so hot right now. Guess I'll just go through Uncharted PS5 remasters instead and circle back once these get some patches in them.

Sucks that I bought them already but eh. Not going to bother for a refund when I know I'll just buy them right back when most issues are fixed.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Auto hdr works with before the storm which is nice given it doesn't in True Colors. And they never patched real hdr for the dx12 rtx mode 🚮. Weird they didn't include a 120 fps cap option but easy to fix in nvidia control panel.

Steam forum posted some comparisons and even in Storm there's clearly been work done. Shadows, textures etc. Bummer for console peeps issues

DonnieTC

Apr 10, 2019
Interesting to hear that the next gen consoles don't have a 60 FPS mode. I just started playing on Stadia and there's a 30 FPS and 60 FPS option for it there (High Resolution and High Framerate).
ABmpZs5avMt_y88yWjztRsy1ilA2SLtrLo5do615vZoY6-b2A8FpRBuQvNY=w3840-h2160-rw-no-v1-nu

ABmpZs4rgiZnkKNFd5lkZTrTwVNoqhQcFYgsNFQK8hu-edRSIMstUSjcs_E=w3840-h2160-rw-no-v1-nu

JoJoBae

Oct 25, 2017
Layton, UT
Granted I'm only on a Series S, but it's silly how LiS2 has better IQ and runs at 60fps while the remaster of 1 looks and runs the way it does.

I'll still bear through it for the facial improvements but this AA and 30fps is rough.

Sonix

Prophet of Regret
Aug 3, 2020
Me checking this thread to see if the remasters are any good
disappointed-fridge.gif

At least give me a stable game and 60fps on current-gen T_T

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the main thing I want to see is those pre-rendered scenes being rerendered at higher res and bitrate, It really takes you out the moment I feel when the image quality takes an extreme hit like that, and they currently look like a streamed YouTube video, at least on Xbox.

LiS Matt

Jan 19, 2018
I've been looking forward to this, can't wait to replay these before finally jumping into true colours

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
the pre-rendered cutscenes are so bad. The ending of episode montages should be a highlight of the game rather than looking like a low res YouTube video. Bizarre they shipped like this

DonnieTC

Apr 10, 2019
Kinda as I expected, OriginalPenguin on Twitter pixel counted both performance modes on Stadia and it's native 4k at 30 FPS and 1080p at 60 FPS:

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
they said on the official discord in an announcement that a 60 fps mode is coming to ps5/xsx later on.

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
60 FPS is coming to PS5 and XSX according to the new dev post.
They should've just delayed this a month or two instead of releasing an undercooked version, but Square probably wanted this out is my guess.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Is that BC+ or native versions? Square is still advertising these with PS5 and Series X badges.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
4k 120 fps is nice on pc 😉

Before the Storm has annoying Unity Stutters every now and again tho. Really hate how excessive the chromatic aberration is too

Chloe was absolutely unbearable for the first hour or so but seems to be getting a bit better. Some of that teen speak dialogue made Riverdale look like Shakespeare. True Colors was a big step up for Deck Nine

ThirstyFly

Oct 28, 2017
Well, managed to get 3 scenes into Before the Storm chapter 1 before it crashed back to the PS4 OS.

Not to happy I bought that stupidly expensive version of True Colors now.

But on the plus side, when you pull up Chloe's hand in front of your face to see your current task, it's completely remoded!

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't had any big issues with LiS so far. First episode hit even harder than back then, knowing where it all leads.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018

The credits for each LiS episode are gone,same for the little teaser at the end of each episode

Also the comentary videos are not in the remaster:

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
I am angry I paid money for these remasters. Yeah, I got the True Colours bundle on sale with these, but it appears it was a complete waste of money.
Imagine paying full price for the bundle, learning the Remasters will be delayed and seeing the bundle go on sale before the remasters are even out. And then they release in this state...

This is sadly really souring me on LiS.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Wep this sounds disappointing, I guess I'll stick with the original if I want to replay it.

Dec 2, 2017
This game has weird technical issues on PS4 that I just checked on the OG Xbox and PS4 versions doesn't have. It's a very weird bad thing.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
"Mixed" reviews on Steam btw. With 62% being positive. While original is "Overwhelmingly Positive".
It's actually sad what SE together with Deck9 did here for quick $$$!

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Imagine paying full price for the bundle, learning the Remasters will be delayed and seeing the bundle go on sale before the remasters are even out. And then they release in this state...

imagine all of that and also not really liking True Colors :(.
My story.

Oct 30, 2017

imagine all of that and also not really liking True Colors :(.
My story.

It's amazing companies don't see how this reflects really badly on them, and the brands. "Let's do a remaster quick cash grab," put up a small amount of money to a skeleton third party team, and release a load of crap.

Bill Gaitas

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I'll hold on for now, gonna wait for some patches. LiS holds a special place in my heart and I was looking forward to revisit the game, I can wait a bit more.

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
SE recognized they stumbled upon a love brand, which a significant number of players have a really strong affinity for, and they've been milking it dry ever since, sadly also including True Colours, its DLC, and pricing, even though I thoroughly enjoyed the main game.

ThirstyFly

Oct 28, 2017

Heh, yeah same here. I feel awful thinking about how much I paid for the big fancy edition day 1.

I just finished off Wavelengths on Tuesday too, and ran into a progression bug right at the end that apparently still hasn't been fixed.
I love their games, but I've had pretty annoying/serious bugs in all of Deck Nine's LiS games and now with BtS Remastered crashing back to the PS4 OS on me, I don't even want to play them in this state.

I don't recall having any bugs in Dontnod's games. Looks like Deck Nine's games are now Wait for a Sale for me in the future.

Deleted member 91227

Feb 4, 2021
some of the glitches are funny

they're working on patches .

SMH. You'd think they would have just delayed a bit and fixed this kind of stuff. It's a remaster, not some hot new release trying to make it out by the holiday sales rush or something. There'd be little blowback over a delay for this kind of re-release.

Last edited: