• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

Platforms: Steam, Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo Switch
Developer: Deck Nine Games, DONTNOD
Publisher: Square Enix
Release Date: 1st February, 2022 (Sometime in 2022 for Switch)
Genre: Interactive Drama/3D Adventure Game
Price: £32.99/$39.99/€39.99 (£33.99 on Steam for some reason)

JOlKZkY.png
wB3KiLV.png

9GuI7KJ.png

5WjLbSf.png
bO2EthT.png

-
Y2pL2bp.png
hdWvqrv.png

-
d03rqQr.png
0lJR3SS.png

1wx7ng9.png

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Thread title is perfect. Great job on the OT!

Bay > Bae

Last edited:

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome job, Uzzy! I yet have to play Before the Storm, but the original Life is Strange is one of my all-time favorites.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
These definitely look better than those early comparisons people were doing. This remaster is looking solid. I hope they do a remaster for LiS2. Especially since Captain Spirit can't be played on a PS5.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
A remaster of Life is Strange also means that Brooke is finally back and...

Oh... ok. :(

Old community thread members might remember this, haha...

Last edited:

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
While I don't see big differences between the original and the remastered version, I just wanted to double dip to have the games on PC, and I really wanted to play both games again.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Quite envious of those playing these for the first time.

Despite how much I loved these upon release, I don't really think I can be bothered to play through them again.

Beedig

Feb 10, 2018
I bought that True Colors digital edition that was supposed to come with it. Anyone know how and when that activates because all the PSN store is telling me to purchase it.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Fantastic ride and wonderful stories.

If you want an atmosphere to soak up, check this out if not already.

I can tell the difference in 'some' but not all shots and think artistically it just seems to be pretty minor changes.

Hopefully no bugs in the ports. Bit too rich at £32.99 to experience again but I'll totally be up for a replay when it hits the £20 mark again and I've cleared my backlog

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
I did like it a lot on ps4, and had a quite decent soundtrack, but it is pretty expensive and february has so many good propositions…

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Still surprised that they don't offer an upgrade way for those who own the original games, so they cna pay less and not pay full price again. This is kind of the worst ideas tbh especially for a remaster happening on this gen.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Xbox says that I dont own the games even though I bought the ultimate edition of True Colors. Hope that they unlock tomorrow

Mad Gamer 64

Nov 6, 2017
So excited to revisit these games. I'm gonna play Before the Storm first this time to change things up. I was tempted to replay the original when it got FPS boosted on Xbox a couple months ago but I'm glad I held out for this.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still regret paying $80 for This and True Colors but looking forward to it.

Cant wait to kill Chloe all over again. And over again. And over again. Because she's the worst.

Bay anyday.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Anyone here who will be playing for the first time? I'm so excited for you!

Antoo

May 1, 2019
User threadbanned (1 Day): Ignoring staff guidelines
I hear Arcadia Bay is nice this time of year

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I didn't know it was out so soon. I haven't played through it all since 2015, so I'm excited to play it again with better visuals.

Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Barely started LiS back in the day, bought them all but the first one I actually sat and played through was True Colours.

Will pick this up after I'm finished with Pokémon, but I'm pretty bitter about the lack of physical release.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't know this was a remaster in the slightest if I watched that video without reading the title.

Granted, it's been years since I played LiS, and the remastering is obviously clearer to see in those direct comparison screens, but it's still not, like…. mind blowingly better or anything. Disappointing imo.

Herr Starr

Oct 26, 2017
Norway
The original Life is Strange was a mind-blowing experience for me, and I couldn't stop thinking about it for months. Literally. For some reason, though, I never finished Before the Storm. I got almost all the way to the end and then just... stopped. Looking forward to giving it another shot. I'm going to start with Before the Storm this time around.

dskzero

Oct 30, 2019
If this was boxed I'd probably get it, but I played the originals way too recently and I'm not really ready to go through it again.

Especially Before the Storm. That hit way to close to home.