• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
LiSMafiaBanner2.png

Wowzers!

Welcome to Arcadia Bay, a small, peaceful town on the coast of Oregon.

But lately, hella strange things have been occurring all over the place! People are going missing, the very fabric of spacetime is being torn apart, and no one knows what's going on!

Are you ready for the mosh pit, shaka brah?

Life is Strange Mafia is a hella awesome 15 player Role Madness game.

Gamerunners: Fantomas & Pirate Bae
Players: 15
Complexity: Role Madness
Phases: 48/24

!player_list
[he/him] Maolfunction - UTC-8
[he/him] B-Dubs - EST
[he/him] Fireblend - GMT-6
[they/them] Aeleus - GMT
[he/him] Stantastic - GMT+12
[he/him] malus - CEST
[he/him] nin - GMT+1
[he/him] Kopite - GMT+8
[she/her] Swamped - EST
[he/him] Funky Dude Sparks - CDT
[he/him] rac - EST
[he/him] Verelios - EST
[she/her] melonrabbit - PST
[he/him] EzekelRAGE - CST
[she/her] Kitsunelaine - GMT+12
!player_list

Sample Role PM:
Welcome to Life is Strange Mafia!

You are Bongo, Chloe's cat. Unfortunately, you died when you were struck by a car, and you now rest in peace in the Price's backyard. RIP Bongo, 1999-2008.

You are Ordinary and are aligned with Arcadia Bay, which means the Town.

You have no special abilities. :(

But you can still vote during the day! :)

You will win the game when all threats to Arcadia Bay have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Mentorship program
For new and returning players who would like some assistance, we offer a mentorship program where a volunteer veteran player can assist you. If you are interested in having a Mentor for this game, please contact your Gamerunner. For more info, please check the main MafiERA OT.

---------------

Day 1 Begins in:
58g0z5fofn

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
What Is Mafia?
Mafia, also known as Werewolf, is a famous social deduction game that puts two teams against each other: Town and Mafia. Mafia players know who everyone in their team is, while Town players only know their own alignment. Cut into two 'Phases', Day and Night, the game entails Town trying to eliminate the Mafia via discussion and voting while the Mafia are trying to not get caught in order to match or outnumber the Town in order to win.

Interested in joining or learning more? Check out our MafiERA OT!

Fundamentals:
1. All site-wide rules apply here.
2. Unless explicitly told otherwise, players may not discuss this game outside of this thread.
3. Unless explicitly told otherwise, players may not directly quote or post screenshots of any PMs, posts, conversations, or any other type of document that was not made in this thread.
4. Players are allowed to lie, within reason, about any game-related material such as the content of a role PM.
5. Please respect all of your fellow players. We ask that you respect a player's personal pronouns and be aware of accessibility when using non-default text formatting. Please do not refer to, or discuss, player activity outside of this thread, for the sake of the game's integrity.
6. Mafia can be an intense and stressful game at times with situations becoming heated. Despite this, being overly hostile towards your fellow players is not allowed. If a player is caught name calling, using slurs, and/or other aggressive behaviors determined by the gamerunner they will be warned. If these behaviors continue despite the warning that player will be modkilled. No exceptions.

Activity:
7. Players are required to post a minimum of 10 posts per day phase. Failure to adhere to this will first result in a warning. On the second offense that player will be removed from the game.
8. If a player posts fewer than 5 posts in a day phase without alerting the gamerunner to their absence, they will be removed from the game without a warning.
9. If you are unable to continue playing for whatever reason, please contact your gamerunner.
10. If a replacement is added to the game, they may request the current/upcoming night phase to be extended up-to 48 hours to allow time to catch up.

Voting and Lynching:
11. In order to vote for another player to be lynched, you must present it on its own line and in the following format with no spaces: [ HIGHLIGHT ]VOTE: playername[ /HIGHLIGHT ]. Misspelt votes are only accepted within reason. Any other format will not be accepted.
12. To remove a vote from a player, you may simply vote for another player, or you may present it on its own line and in the following format with no spaces: [ HIGHLIGHT ]UNVOTE[ /HIGHLIGHT ].
13. Players may vote for a "No Lynch" to end the day phase without a lynch. This is done by using the formatting above and typing: [ HIGHLIGHT ]VOTE: No Lynch[ /HIGHLIGHT ].
14. When a player has received a strict majority of available votes (>50%), the day phase ends with the lynch of that player. Once a day phase has ended any in-game discussion stops and votes cast after that will not be counted.

Death and the Spectator Thread:
15. Once you are dead, you may no longer discuss the game in any manner with any of the remaining players.
16. Once dead, players may have a choice between the spectator thread and the replacement list. PM your gamerunner for more information.

Other
17. Outside of explicit allowances the use of the highlight tag is strictly for gamerunners. Do not use it.
18. Do not edit your posts or hide content in the formatting. Repeat offenders will be removed from the game.
19. If a player is banned or they are replaced due to inactivity they will have the lowest possible priority when signing up for a spot in their next game.
20. Gamerunners reserve the right to add, remove, or modify existing any rules at any point, and enforcement may be applied retrospectively. However, all players will be informed of changes beforehand.

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Roster:
1. NEW - Maolfunction [Mao] - UTC-8 - He/Him
2. B-Dubs - EST - He/Him
3. Fireblend - GMT-6 - He/Him
4. Aeleus - GMT - They/Them
5. Stantastic - GMT+12 - He/Him
6. Malus - CEST/UTC+2 - He/Him
7. nin - GMT+12 - he/him
8. Kopite - GMT+8 - he/him
9. Swamped - EST - she/her
10. Funky Dude Sparks - CDT - he/him
11. rac - EST - he/him
12. Verelios - EST - he/him
13. melonrabbit - PST - she/her Replaced by: OceanicAir - CST - he/him
14. EzekelRAGE - CST - he/him
15. Kitsunelaine - GMT+12 - she/her

Replacements:
1. Zippedpinhead - EDT/UTC-4 - He/Him
2. TheChuggernaut - CST - He/Him
3. Lone_Prodigy - EST - He/Him
4. Saenima - BST - They/Them

Last edited:

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
How can I breadcrumb when I don't even know the "teenage" slang in order to allow it to blend in?

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Nice, excited to be playing again. I've never played LiS either, so gonna be watching a lot of YouTube videos if flavor talk gets heavy, lol.

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Just waiting for Pirate Bae so we can get started with the Role PMs still.

Otherwise, as long as we can get those sent out by tonight and everyone can confirm them, we should be good to go to start the game on Monday at 2PM CDT. I have added a countdown timer to the OP.

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't heard from Pirate Bae all day, so if I don't hear from her in a couple hours, I'll start sending out the PMs by myself so you all have enough time to see them and confirm before Monday.

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I'm going to go ahead and start sending out the Role PMs soon here! You can either PM me back or confirm here in the thread so that I know you've seen it!

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, all the PMs are officially out! I will let you all know once I have received confirmation from everyone!

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Game hasn't started yet, but I figure I should introduce myself properly and maybe learn a few things about other players before D1 officially drops.

I'm Mao, haven't played a game of mafia on a forum in about eight years. Before that, I played roughly 50 to 75 games over a 5 year stretch on a Nintendo forum with a community that grew to about 50 people. I've won multiple games as Serial Killer and got a bit of a reputation as being a better scum player than townie, but I also played really solid townie. During a game with 20 players, I led the town to victory as vanilla townie nailing 3 out of the 5 mafians during day phases. Anybody else here have any streaks of being killed D1/N1 consistently just for their reputation? My streak was like 10 games in a row, lol.

I tend to play loose, but aggressive. I push town to action during day phases and try to spurn a lot of discussion by asking questions out of the gate. I'm a chill guy, if it feels like I'm being pushy with you, I mean no ill will, I'm just playing the game to the best of my abilities. I never insult players or play with an obnoxious attitude, I just want to talk. (If you want to know how I play scum, exactly the same way lol)

Anyway, that's probably enough about myself and my mafia history. I'm interested in getting to know more of the players here! Anyone want to give a brief history of their own experience and play style? I'd appreciate it, it'd break the ice a bit for me coming into a new community and all. And feel free to ask me more questions about my history if you want to know something.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

Hey You! And everyone else who is interested in listening to my strange little story.
I first played my first ever Forum based mafia game on the old site around 4 1/2 years ago.
It around December 2014 and the game itself was very basic. Crab our Overlord created this game and also everything around us. It was a slow game but even back then i knew i was hooked.
Karkador was mafia and he claimed to be a doctor! I of course wanted to scream BS, since i was the real one, but i decided to wait one more night phase in order to hopefully save someone that night. Little did i know that i got taken out that very night and i could not make my claim that he was indeed bs'ing everyone in that game.
My way of playing was most of the time very very reaction based. Sometimes i do some hard work and go back in order to re-read stuff but i am lazy and dont do that 90% of the time. Thats why i think that i limit myself :P
I still have a ton of fun and try to get some reactions out of everyone involved. Not sure if the way i play tends to be seen agressive but i learned to not get over the line. Since we all want to have fun in the end though.
Obama is one of my favourite gifs, hmmmm oh and i tend to be town most of the time.
Sometimes i am scum but i dont like to be the bad guy, i prefer to be town and get lynched just to blame everyone else for my own mystakes afterwards :3.

Hopefully that gives you some info who you will be dealing with in the upcoming game.
I cant wait for it to start.

Good luck and Have fun :)

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Received the role PM!

My first Mafia game was about a year ago where I was scum with the above nin. I coasted along while he and Fantomas did all the work to get us the victory.
I like to analyse voting patterns and make fancy graphs to mask my inability to read people properly.

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Game hasn't started yet, but I figure I should introduce myself properly and maybe learn a few things about other players before D1 officially drops.

I'm Mao, haven't played a game of mafia on a forum in about eight years. Before that, I played roughly 50 to 75 games over a 5 year stretch on a Nintendo forum with a community that grew to about 50 people. I've won multiple games as Serial Killer and got a bit of a reputation as being a better scum player than townie, but I also played really solid townie. During a game with 20 players, I led the town to victory as vanilla townie nailing 3 out of the 5 mafians during day phases. Anybody else here have any streaks of being killed D1/N1 consistently just for their reputation? My streak was like 10 games in a row, lol.

I tend to play loose, but aggressive. I push town to action during day phases and try to spurn a lot of discussion by asking questions out of the gate. I'm a chill guy, if it feels like I'm being pushy with you, I mean no ill will, I'm just playing the game to the best of my abilities. I never insult players or play with an obnoxious attitude, I just want to talk. (If you want to know how I play scum, exactly the same way lol)

Anyway, that's probably enough about myself and my mafia history. I'm interested in getting to know more of the players here! Anyone want to give a brief history of their own experience and play style? I'd appreciate it, it'd break the ice a bit for me coming into a new community and all. And feel free to ask me more questions about my history if you want to know something.
My first game was almost a year ago, Game of Thrones Mafia. I signed up because I knew Pirate Bae, who was one of the gamerunners, and because I like GoT and had been intrigued by the concept of Mafia for a while but never really jumped into it. Needless to say, I've been completely addicted ever since, I've played in 9 games in less than a year, designed this game and am working on others, and I'm now running my first game. I tend to be very talkative during games, usually among the highest post counts, and am also known for making large pre-typed posts at the start of the day, either containing a huge read list or a massive scum read on a player, or both. I've only been Scum once, and I've only been a Neutral once, so my Town game is my strength by far.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Received the role PM!

My first Mafia game was about a year ago where I was scum with the above nin. I coasted along while he and Fantomas did all the work to get us the victory.
I like to analyse voting patterns and make fancy graphs to mask my inability to read people properly.

Dont be too hard on yourself, you won the game as much as i did. I only won because of you, Ketkat and Fantomas.
(Poltergust mayyybe he had a hand in our win aswell but lets just ignore it)

Maolfunction as you can see, we are an ever growing family with a lot of different types.
:)

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Welcome mao! I've been a part of the community for almost exactly 4 years now (I asked to join my first game in July 21st, 2015!) played at least one game most seasons, ran a couple of games (mostly what we call mini mafias, small flavor-light games with semi open setups) and regularly help out with the community tools like the votetool, the discord server where I'm very active and a collection of userscripts you may find useful (specially the votetool integration one and the ISO tool, check them out!).

I don't think I have a super accomplished mafia career but I've won as neutral twice now, which I'm very proud about (ask around about our last MafiEra game, probably my most memorable one :D). I enjoy mafia, but mostly am in the community for the players, many of whom I consider great friends. I've belonged to other small online communities in the past but this one is really special.

Welcome again!