• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Came here to get an update on when Dontnod's next game comes out. I'm so ready for it.

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how the episodic structure will work out for Tell Me Why. I thought i remember them saying they wanted to release all three during the summer. So maybe like one every two weeks? Or monthly going into September?

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how the episodic structure will work out for Tell Me Why. I thought i remember them saying they wanted to release all three during the summer. So maybe like one every two weeks? Or monthly going into September?
Depending on when the first chapter comes out they could do monthly still and have all 3 be out by the official end of September, but so much is still known about this game. It's crazy.

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Looking good. Glad to see more information coming out on it.

Hopefully we get a release date announcement soon

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
They have teams across multiple regions so yeah, that makes sense. They're certainly big enough to handle two games at the same time. Looking forward to both ot them.

shinespark

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to reading Volume 3 of the comic, I thought it was pretty good!

Max's overall goal in this arc doesn't 100% make sense, and there's a bit more narrative wheel-spinning than I'd like, but the character work is what I care about and it's all quite strong. The writers have a super solid sense of who these women are and how they bounce off of each other, and unlike Dontnod they're willing to let them move past tragedy to work on themselves and build healthy relationships with each other and finally find some goddamn happiness.

It's unambiguously queer in a way the games never managed, and I also really appreciate how firmly it rejects
foisting any more horrific choices upon the characters, how clearly it states that it's not going to maim or kill any more women for shock value, and how much work it puts into making Rachel a permanent, co-equal part of the team and developing her friendship with Max.
Honestly, I love these characters so much that I'm happy just to spend more time with them, but the comic really does feel like a proper continuation of their stories. The next arc has an excellent premise and comes out in just a couple months, so I'm super excited to see what happens next!

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
And still nothing from Deck Nine since then
They are working on something for SE, that much we know. It looks like they are hiring for another project or whatever is in the oven burned badly. Whichever the case, it's going to take longer for them to make a game from scratch whereas they took plenty of assets from LiS1 and threw them into Unity.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
It was really nice to see Rachel Amber alive, and experience what she was like. Very interesting and tragic person.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I really enjoyed Before the Storm. Sure hope Deck Nine gets the chance to tell their own, original story set in the universe.

LiS Matt

Jan 19, 2018
Yeah it was nice to find out what Rachel was actually like in before the storm, and the comics have gone on to flesh things out in a nice way as well

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
the fact that Deck Nine was able to tell a prequel story without the super duper compelling time travel mechanic and make it just as exciting is such an impressive achievement

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Yeah it was nice to find out what Rachel was actually like in before the storm, and the comics have gone on to flesh things out in a nice way as well

Well it's not canon so....
but the comics are ok.
The more i think about it,the more problems i have with Before the Storm unfortunately.
i

LiS Matt

Jan 19, 2018
Well it's not canon so....
but the comics are ok.
The more i think about it,the more problems i have with Before the Storm unfortunately.
i
That can be true for a lot of things though, the more you think about it the more time you have to pick over every flaw.
Personally, I haven't replayed it since the release and at this point just remember enjoying it but I don't think I'd have much of an argument against the issues you might have with it

As for the comics I was mostly just impressed with how they made it make sense with whichever ending you got from the games in a way that also fit with max's power

Its one of the other nice things about the franchise though, the sequels/spin offs all exist enough on their own that you can take or leave them without it impacting on the bits you like

LiS Matt

Jan 19, 2018
oh that's true,but milking a franchise is not always a good thing.

agreed, I think I've personally found my limit, I've enjoyed the comics and I'm intrigued by where the second series might lead, but I've not really had any inclination to pick up life is strange 2 because I think I've gotten what I want from the series

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
agreed, I think I've personally found my limit, I've enjoyed the comics and I'm intrigued by where the second series might lead, but I've not really had any inclination to pick up life is strange 2 because I think I've gotten what I want from the series

I don't understand that line of reasoning since Life is Strange 2 is different from the original in all the ways that matter in terms of not artistically repeating oneself

not to question people's choices but it just bums me out that LiS2 did not seem to have received the attention it deserved for what seems like arbitrary reasons

LiS Matt

Jan 19, 2018
I don't understand that line of reasoning since Life is Strange 2 is different from the original in all the ways that matter in terms of not artistically repeating oneself

not to question people's choices but it just bums me out that LiS2 did not seem to have received the attention it deserved for what seems like arbitrary reasons

For myself I don't have a particularly strong reason for not picking it up, and I'm sure I'd like it if I did.
I planned to pick it up, but I wanted to wait for the full season to come out before I did so and somewhere along the way it just passed me by, whether it was my backlog or just not hearing that much about it to keep it in mind or a combination of things I can't say.
I just know that if I did have a copy it'd be somewhere in the "I'd like to get to this someday" pile which is a pile that's too big already

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
For myself I don't have a particularly strong reason for not picking it up, and I'm sure I'd like it if I did.
I planned to pick it up, but I wanted to wait for the full season to come out before I did so and somewhere along the way it just passed me by, whether it was my backlog or just not hearing that much about it to keep it in mind or a combination of things I can't say.
I just know that if I did have a copy it'd be somewhere in the "I'd like to get to this someday" pile which is a pile that's too big already

that's fair, adventure games have a tendency to pile up in my backlog so I can relate. that's partly because I need to be in a certain mood to play them, as well as having silence in the house to fully enjoy them.

for what it's worth though, I waited a long time before playing LiS2 but I am so glad I finally did over the summer. it's a meaty, time-consuming game for its genre but oh so rewarding. and by rewarding, I mean leaving you an emotional wreck.

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Life is Strange 2 is great, and I enjoy the spin-off comic as well. It satisfies the need for additional Max and Chloe content.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Life is Strange 2 is totally different,it's great but also more flawed than the first game maybe (because it's also more ambitious).

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
if you didn't know,there is now an official Hawt Dawg Man plush,and it's glorious.

i have one too.It's great !

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
if you didn't know,there is now an official Hawt Dawg Man plush,and it's glorious.

i have one too.It's great !

Yeah, I got one too, and the shirt they're selling on FanGamer as well.

68FTGL5.jpg

------

Also yeah, I'm pumped to see the cast reunion. I know I've seen stuff with different groups of those 4, but I don't think I've seen them all together at the same time.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Before the Storm is the stronger game, especially in the writing department

The Tempest scene stands as genuinely one of the greatest achievements in gameplay mechanics maximizing emotional resonance