• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I want a single main character again and not a duo, and especially not a duo where one of them is responsible for the other. LiS2 was good but I wasn't a fan of being the babysitter.

I'd also rather stay in one place and have the plot surrounding the same cast of characters, since it definitely leads to being more invested in each of them and thus, the plot itself

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
It's always sad to see so many not like LiS2. That game absolutely wrecked me emotionally.
I keep meaning to give it a try but then again I keep meaning to give Tell Me Why a try as well. I don't know if I'm ready for Dontnod to destroy my soul again. 😂😂

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's always sad to see so many not like LiS2. That game absolutely wrecked me emotionally.
I've enjoyed it, and it's an impressive progression for the studio on several aspects, but I also find it suffering more of the episodic format than the first episode. It's extremely dense, but the pacing has questionable effect on characters descriptions and story progress. It would have deserved a full-length game this time.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Yup. I know LiS2 meant a lot to many people and I wouldn't take that from them, but a LiS that isn't about queer women just didn't interest me at all. It was such a big part of why I loved the game in the first place and I'm glad the franchise is revisiting it.
Same, though I still played and enjoyed LiS2. DONTNOD making the first game an absolute tragedy for queer women, washing their hands of it, and then moving on really pissed me off. I just want one game in the series with a happy ending for queer women and then the series can go in any other direction Deck Nine wants. Zak Garriss really had the right idea of having a television style writer's room for Before the Storm. If they stick with that approach and get the appropriate writers for the subjects and themes they want to explore, I think the series has a bright future.

Clarx

Feb 11, 2021
Atlanta, Georgia
Life is Strange is one of my favourite series and I think the series got better with every entry, Life is Strange 2 being my favourite (I know, someone who likes LiS2 more than LiS1), with that being said I am super pumped about the next LiS and I really hope it can be a GOTY contender.

What's rumoured:
- New story (so will not feature Max and Chloe, or Sean and Daniel as the stars).
- Deck Nine developing (basically confirmed with the news of Dontnod not working on the series anymore).
- "Queer af"
- More in tone of LiS1 than LiS2

My hopes:
Feature 2 main male leads
Has tons of hidden gem indie tracks for the music
Telepathy power
Will make me feel all the feelings at the end of the game like LiS2 did for me.

Alex and Gabe? Mind reading power? Something about a record store (music focused game)?
^That whole story line was mentioned around June of last year. Wonder if there are any truths in there. Plus, the rumor about Steph returning. Maybe she moves from Arcadia Bay and is the link between them?