• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
wow just finished.
Still shaken.

Prison ending just feel right, I am not even interested in seeing the other ending.
15 years is brutal but real. Sean got a rough deal. But seeing how he raised (in my game) Daniel to be a moral person was really powerful.
The campfire scene with Sean breaking down and Daniel feeling overwhelmed was incredibly real.
I love LiS1 so much.
But and I know I am in the minority but LiS2 is my favourite of all 3 of them. I found the writing and character growth to be so well done.

very excited for Tell Me Why.

Last edited:

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
How does it compare to LiS 1?
I've talked about this in a different thread, so I'll just quote myself from there:
It's a really different game from the first one, so it makes it hard to compare them directly, there are a lot of things that are just opposite in terms of how the first game was. Instead of being in a small town with the same characters in every episode, you're on the road and meeting new characters while leaving the old ones behind. Instead of rewinding time, you use telekinesis. Instead of the main playable protagonist having the superpowers, it's the main non-playable protagonist that has them. Instead of being a story about two friends, it's a story about two siblings. I find it really difficult to compare the games because of this, it's just a really different experience and they are going for a totally different thing.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I got the Separated ending and it's by far the better ending.

Daniel got to live a full life to his Desire, Sean got to live his full life to his Desire. Each is caged with Sean in Mexico, but he's happy. And Daniel's house arrested but happy. They miss each other but stay close to pictures, photos, and letters. Daniel ankle bracelet is ominous though as we don't know what it's for and or what he might have done to wear it. It doesn't seem something that he personally did since his grandparents are loving and understanding. So maybe it's because he has powers. Everyone is happy and ultimately got what they wanted and can move on with their lives equally.

Sean and Daniel going to Mexico mean Sean is perfectly happy but Daniel feels caged but content to be with his brother. Daniel didn't get his perfect ending, but Sean did.

Sean going to prison and Daniel growing up free and living a perfect life. Meant Sean who did absolutely nothing wrong and was arrested or 15 years to the point he is a broken man. He sacrificed everything for his Brother and now feels distant. Daniel feels hurt that Sean had to choose his happiness over him. They didn't wolf cry together meaning they are together but separated by pain. All they can do is try to heal repair relationships moving forward. But Sean will have a broken road, no diploma, and everyone moved on without him and he is left trying to pick things up again. Daniel got his near-perfect life, but Daniel didn't.

And then Sean dying and Daniel going up alone in Mexico. He kills, steals, is lost without his older brother. No moral compass and he is just a thug stealing because he has powers and Mexico is rough. Ultimately the worse ending for both brothers.

The game spends the entire time telling you if the brothers stay together; at whose cost of freedom are you taking. You are left with the consequences of what you decide to sacrifice.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, basically everyone died. But you can find a letter to him from Victoria Chase (she survived because she was in the bunker), and he talks about Chloe and Max, and also takes a call from Chloe at one point and you can stand around and listen to his side of the conversation.

Interesting because I chose Bae and:
The letter was from Nathan thanking David for saving him from Mr. Jefferson. Nathan is running his parent's art museum and he's stressed out about it. But Victoria is directing the hell out of the place to some success. David made peace with Chloe, calling her his daughter, and they now maintain a great relationship with the two visiting him on the regular. He seems happy, at peace with the world, and seems better off in life with the way things are. Chloe and Max are off in New York, finding out New Yorker are the worse and wondering where to go next. David suggests to Chloe some states like Lousiana.

edit:

Sorry for the double post.

JayRB88

Dec 3, 2019
It doesn't quite reach the heights of the first one, but depending on who you are, it might be a lot more resonant. Nothing else has piqued my wanderlust (and smoldering rage at MAGATs) like this game.

I'd add it doesnt have the cliffhangers making you immediately want to see what happens next either. The lows aren't as low however and this game I feels sticks the landing where the first one fumbled resulting in lis2 leaving a better final impression of the whole experience. I'd say they are about equal overall it's hard to choose.

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Finished this tonight. Aside from it being short, I loved it. First time the franchise has actually managed to stick the landing lol

Deleted member 1265

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just wanted to drop in and say how relieved I am that this ended up coming through with a mostly solid ending (both the episode overall and the endings themselves) after some less than stellar endings/final episodes in the previous two games. There were a lot more endings, especially with the variants and they all seemed to have an equal amount of effort put in. There's no massive disparity like there was the first time around.I think I'm coming around to seeing Life is Strange 2 as my overall favorite game in the series even though as others have mentioned, it doesn't have quite as many high highs.

I've been experiencing something of a severe post-game depression again this go around. I thought about some of the stuff today and started crying a bit wheile eating lunch at Wendy's earlier. So that's where my head space is at, I guess. Not even so much in result of any particular content but because of it being over in general. I've grown such an affection for Sean, Daniel, and so many characters in the cast, I wanted the best for everyone.

As for my playthrough I ended up with
the ending where Sean crosses the border and while Daniel bails out of the car. I'm not necessarily happy/proud of making that decision but it's what I settled on. I wasn't able to cope with the idea of Sean surrendering and whatever that would entail in addition to the idea of everything up to this point having been a waste/for nothing. (This was probably for the best because when watching the other endings afterwards the Redemption ones destroyed me when Sean broke down.) That also wasn't factoring in any other bad things that could've happened even in the case of surrendering.

It was definitely a shock to see Daniel jump out of the car but it fits with the character development.

None of the endings are perfect in terms of content but I think that's the one that provides the closest thing to satisfaction in my case even if it's still really bittersweet. The lone wolf ending is a non-starter, I can't process the redemption ones even if I can understand the appeal for others, and the blood brothers ending is great in theory but it leaves me with concerns for Daniel and Sean in the very near future (as in like days after the ending possibly). I know it's unrealistic and you can't always have a perfect ending but a piece of me still craves this because Sean and Daniel truly deserve one, or as close to one that they could get.

I was a little bit upset because I kissed Finn and expressed care for him in the discussion in chapter 4 while escaping the hospital but Sean was solo in my ending. It turns out you needed to stay awake with the pals at the campfire instead of going to bed with Daniel as one of the ending flags during chapter 3. I'll definitely be going back through to do that someday.

I'm really excited for the upcoming Dontnod games but I hope this isn't the last we see of Life is Strange. I'm thinking about doing a replay of Life is Strange, Before the Storm, then 2 spread out (an episode every 3 weeks or so) throughout early 2020 in hopes of it carrying me until Tell Me Why launches.

JayRB88

Dec 3, 2019
Just wanted to drop in and say how relieved I am that this ended up coming through with a mostly solid ending (both the episode overall and the endings themselves) after some less than stellar endings/final episodes in the previous two games. There were a lot more endings, especially with the variants and they all seemed to have an equal amount of effort put in. There's no massive disparity like there was the first time around.I think I'm coming around to seeing Life is Strange 2 as my overall favorite game in the series even though as others have mentioned, it doesn't have quite as many high highs.

I've been experiencing something of a severe post-game depression again this go around. I thought about some of the stuff today and started crying a bit wheile eating lunch at Wendy's earlier. So that's where my head space is at, I guess. Not even so much in result of any particular content but because of it being over in general. I've grown such an affection for Sean, Daniel, and so many characters in the cast, I wanted the best for everyone.

As for my playthrough I ended up with
the ending where Sean crosses the border and while Daniel bails out of the car. I'm not necessarily happy/proud of making that decision but it's what I settled on. I wasn't able to cope with the idea of Sean surrendering and whatever that would entail in addition to the idea of everything up to this point having been a waste/for nothing. (This was probably for the best because when watching the other endings afterwards the Redemption ones destroyed me when Sean broke down.) That also wasn't factoring in any other bad things that could've happened even in the case of surrendering.

It was definitely a shock to see Daniel jump out of the car but it fits with the character development.

None of the endings are perfect in terms of content but I think that's the one that provides the closest thing to satisfaction in my case even if it's still really bittersweet. The lone wolf ending is a non-starter, I can't process the redemption ones even if I can understand the appeal for others, and the blood brothers ending is great in theory but it leaves me with concerns for Daniel and Sean in the very near future (as in like days after the ending possibly). I know it's unrealistic and you can't always have a perfect ending but a piece of me still craves this because Sean and Daniel truly deserve one, or as close to one that they could get.

I was a little bit upset because I kissed Finn and expressed care for him in the discussion in chapter 4 while escaping the hospital but Sean was solo in my ending. It turns out you needed to stay awake with the pals at the campfire instead of going to bed with Daniel as one of the ending flags during chapter 3. I'll definitely be going back through to do that someday.

I'm really excited for the upcoming Dontnod games but I hope this isn't the last we see of Life is Strange. I'm thinking about doing a replay of Life is Strange, Before the Storm, then 2 spread out (an episode every 3 weeks or so) throughout early 2020 in hopes of it carrying me until Tell Me Why launches.

Ultimately Sean as a character and the much stronger final chapter overall placed this as my favorite game in the series. He is one of the most selfless and likeable characters in a while. I hope we get more games like this from DONTNOD even if it is a spiritual successor and not a sequel.

the_bromo_tachi

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Japan
I loved this game. Seeing the brothers' journey and having an ending that actually reflect your choices is nice. I wasn't really happy with my ending so I went back to see the other and prefer that one.
Daniel and Sean living separately is better than Sean going to jail for 15 years and having Lyla and Daniel waiting for him.

My only disappointment is that the last 2 episodes lacked indie music. It was thanks to the first game that I found some great bands. The first 2 episodes of this game introduced me to some great music but then...they just stopped. Why?

StormBrute

Oct 26, 2017
As someone for whom Life is Strange 1 is my second favorite game of all time, and who loved Before the Storm as well, and was excited for a new, different story for Life is Strange 2... I was really disappointed by the whole season. I feel like it peaked in episode 3, where it felt like it was establishing its own identity, but then the rest of the season was pretty lackluster. I'm sad about it.

Petronio1982

Oct 29, 2017
How does it compare to LiS 1?

It's worse. Better graphic, better lip sinchronization, worse story (really really dumb sometimes), worse side characters (well... they appear for one episode and half at most). It's more like a movie than a game, more than the original one. At least DN put the same effort on all the 4 endings (plus little minor variations) but the final choice is not as powerful as the one in LiS where you knew exactly what you were doing and what would have been the consequeces of your choice. Here you choose one of the two path and hope for the better. Some people like it, some don't. But you won't find lots of people who will write in a forum that they "stared at the monitor for X minutes trying to decide what was best/right thing to do" and there won't be discussion on what ending is the right one. Each ending in LiS2 is the right one, because it's just one possible outcome. But the cutsecenes are really well made , better than the second part of Bae ending but worse than the whole Bay ending.

So, if you want to experience a really long movie, sometimes fun, sometimes boring, where you can change very little, LiS2 is perfect. I'd rate it 6.5 or 7.

Last edited:

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Is there a way to see David's chest tattoo? I can guess what it says, but it would be cool to see.

But you won't find lot of people who will write in a forum that they "stared at the monitor for X minutes trying to decide what was best/right thing to do"
For the final choice, I did. I was really torn.
If the choice was "what should Sean do?" then the answer was clear, but that wasn't the choice as I saw it. What did I want Sean to do? I wanted him to escape and be free with his brother. So in the end, we went for it. Daniel cleared the way, then bailed out of the car. I got the bittersweet ending. Daniel under house arrest at his grandparents', and Sean in Mexico with Cassidy. I had steeled myself for a heartbreaking conclusion, but I didn't get it. They were apart, but they loved each other and stayed in touch, and avoided prison or death. I haven't watched the other endings but I know Sean goes to jail in one, and it breaks him. I'm glad I didn't go that way.

This was a great episode. Standout moments:

Choosing between mom/Karen when writing the note.

Daniel asking why the wall exists, and Sean downplaying it. Then Daniel asking if there's another one at the northern border.

The sky lanterns. I felt enormous dread during the climb, and was so relieved that it led to such a beautiful scene.

Speaking of enormous dread, the time between the wall breaking open, and the brothers heading back towards the car, felt like a thousand years. GET BACK TO THE CAR GET BACK TO THE CAR.

Other thoughts:

I played from a Bay ending, but I wish I'd played from Bae instead.

I felt really bad when Sean took David's bottle opener. Although I guess Joyce dies in the Bae ending?, so it'd be even worse to steal it then.

The USB drive was a letdown. We carried it all this way and that's all we get?

The racists' dialogue felt really clunky and on the nose. I guess it's hard to write that kind of stuff and make it sound natural, unless you actually believe in it.

I hate it so much when Sean's musings are cut off by other dialogue, or when he starting talking to himself 0.1 seconds before I click on an object. It happens so often, in every episode.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
So, if you want to experience a really long movie, sometimes fun, sometimes boring, where you can change very little, LiS2 is perfect. I'd rate it 6.5 or 7.

Well..this is... not correct at all
You can change a lot more than in the first season,but it's through Daniel.

LiS 2 is different than the first season,but it's not worse.
It's just a totally different kind of story (and a more mature one).Both games have pros and cons.

But you won't find lots of people who will write in a forum that they "stared at the monitor for X minutes trying to decide what was best/right thing to do" and there won't be discussion on what ending is the right one

Well this is so random ah ah it's really not an argument ;)

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Disappointed, after finishing final episode. But i wasn't even expecting better. Still think that this doesn't come close to the OG LiS.

I got the ending with both brothers crossing the border. I did not get through all that crap with little brat for more than one year just to surrender at the end.

Overall, very weak, from start to finish.

Petronio1982

Oct 29, 2017
Well..this is... not correct at all
You can change a lot more than in the first season,but it's through Daniel.

What changes are really important? What are the consequencese? Every chapter reset everything because of the new settings and the new characters. But wathever you do you will be in the hotel in the first episode, you will run from police in 2nd, lose an eye in 3rd, take your brother with you in the 4th,
be at the border with both the brothers
. Your relationship with other people? Who cares....

Well this is so random ah ah it's really not an argument ;)

It's not random. And there is a difference between lots, all and none (of people).
The weight of the choice in the first LiS is much higher. You know exactly what you are going to do and what you are going to lose in each path. In LiS2 no. You can't choose the outcome weighing wins and losses. You simply choose you think it could be the best solution for Sean and Daniel. If the ending doens't satisfy you, you can reload and choose the other one (given that you can't decide what D. will do), hoping it's better this time. This is something you can't do in LiS: you can reload and see the other ending but, you shuldn't change because you already know what will happen. You can find the other ending more romantic, bittersweeet or whatever but, if Dontnod delivered a good game, it doesn't matter: your choice donesn't change.

What was really great in LiS was that, after the first playthrough, you can do whatever you want (bee good, be an asshole etc) and get the same ending because everything you do before the scene on the cliff it's just a way to let you experience something that help you decide between Chloe and Arcadia Bay (the trolley problem without any context has a 90/10 split, LiS 52/48).
In Lis 2 you have to play correctlyto get the ending you want.
And Dontnot cheats....
There are two endings in which Daniel want to go to Mexico but the outcome is different even though there is no reason to be that way. In both the endings Sean does nothing except keeping his hands on the wheel, bou in one ending daniel decides to protect the car and destroy the police, in the other he jus destroy the police. Why? Beeing a good brother changes how daniel thinks he can confront the cops?

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
What changes are really important? What are the consequencese? Every chapter reset everything because of the new settings and the new characters. But wathever you do you ...

-You should use spoiler tags because you're spoiling things and that not cool ;)
-Of course it's not Detroit Become Human with a lot of paths.It's like in the first season,but with a more complex system of choice/consequence.All of your choice are cumulative and will determine the ending.So yeah your choice do matter way more than in the first season ;)

The weight of the choice in the first LiS is much higher.

wait what ?ah ah no not at all.

but it is.Forums are niche.Also wich forum?when?how?
It's really really not an argument ;)

And Dontnot cheats....

Nope.
How Daniel react is the consequence of all of your choice through all of the episodes.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
My only disappointment is that the last 2 episodes lacked indie music. It was thanks to the first game that I found some great bands. The first 2 episodes of this game introduced me to some great music but then...they just stopped. Why?
Music liscensing is expensive and I think they blew their load choosing songs I'm actually familiar with.

What changes are really important? What are the consequencese? Every chapter reset everything because of the new settings and the new characters. But wathever you do you will be in the hotel in the first episode, you will run from police in 2nd, lose an eye in 3rd, take your brother with you in the 4th,

It's not random. And there is a difference between lots, all and none (of people).
The weight of the choice in the first LiS is much higher. You know exactly what you are going to do and what you are going to lose in each path. In LiS2 no. You can't choose the outcome weighing wins and losses. You simply choose you think it could be the best solution for Sean and Daniel. If the ending doens't satisfy you, you can reload and choose the other one (given that you can't decide what D. will do), hoping it's better this time. This is something you can't do in LiS: you can reload and see the other ending but, you shuldn't change because you already know what will happen. You can find the other ending more romantic, bittersweeet or whatever but, if Dontnod delivered a good game, it doesn't matter: your choice donesn't change.

What was really great in LiS was that, after the first playthrough, you can do whatever you want (bee good, be an asshole etc) and get the same ending because everything you do before the scene on the cliff it's just a way to let you experience something that help you decide between Chloe and Arcadia Bay (the trolley problem without any context has a 90/10 split, LiS 52/48).
And Dontnot cheats....
There are two endings in which Daniel want to go to Mexico but the outcome is different even though there is no reason to be that way. In both the endings Sean does nothing except keeping his hands on the wheel, bou in one ending daniel decides to protect the car and destroy the police, in the other he jus destroy the police. Why? Beeing a good brother changes how daniel thinks he can confront the cops?
The whole point of the game is to be a role model for Daniel. Which ending you get depends on how you've shaped Daniel as a person over the course of the journey. If you didn't get the ending you wanted, then I don't think you were playing Sean with a consistent characterization.

Last edited:

JayRB88

Dec 3, 2019
It's worse. Better graphic, better lip sinchronization, worse story (really really dumb sometimes), worse side characters (well... they appear for one episode and half at most). It's more like a movie than a game, more than the original one. At least DN put the same effort on all the 4 endings (plus little minor variations) but the final choice is not as powerful as the one in LiS where you knew exactly what you were doing and what would have been the consequeces of your choice. Here you choose one of the two path and hope for the better. Some people like it, some don't. But you won't find lots of people who will write in a forum that they "stared at the monitor for X minutes trying to decide what was best/right thing to do" and there won't be discussion on what ending is the right one. Each ending in LiS2 is the right one, because it's just one possible outcome. But the cutsecenes are really well made , better than the second part of Bae ending but worse than the whole Bay ending.

Disagree on not being able to change anything and the characters. LiS1 choices ultimately didnt matter in the end. You just pick your ending. As for the characters sure they only appear in one to 2 episodes but Cassidy, Finn, and Karen were stronger and hard more screen time if I recall than any of the side characters in season 1 in my opinion.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Disagree on not being able to change anything and the characters. LiS1 choices ultimately didnt matter in the end. You just pick your ending. As for the characters sure they only appear in one to 2 episodes but Cassidy, Finn, and Karen were stronger and hard more screen time if I recall than any of the side characters in season 1 in my opinion.
Karen was such a great character.
I asked her if she regrets abandoning us. She said she decided to never have regrets, but if she did we'd be the best reason.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got round to playing the final episode. Definitely agree with the consensus that this is the best put together final episode of the three games.

Now onto the spoilery stuff.

• Decided to surrender and Daniel accepted
  • Overall, taught Daniel to do his best to follow the rules of society

• Did the treasure hunt and found the hidden souvenir
  • Overall, got closer to Karen
  • Wrote a caring note to Karen
  • Said farewell to Arthur and Stanley
  • Said farewell to Joan
  • Hugged Karen before leaving
  • Intervened to calm Diego
  • Freed the Mexican couple
  • Asked Daniel to open the vigilantes' cell
  • Didn't hurt the vigilantes
  • Didn't ask Daniel to kill the police officers

• Daniel was told off about the Scorpion and stopped messing with it
  • Daniel managed to set up Joan's sculpture like he wanted
  • Was concerned about hurting Officer Campbell
  • Accepted to open the vigilantes' cell
  • Didn't have to lash out at the vigilantes
  • Locked up the officers in a closet
  • Wasn't asked to kill the officers

The Prison ending definitely seemed like what my Sean would pick, despite it being incredibly unfair to him. Seeing him break down at the camping spot broke my heart. Glad Lyla returned.

Really liked seeing and talking to David. Bae ending so seeing Max and Chloe together made my heart swell, and while I'm sad Joyce (and many others :( ) didn't make it, I'm happy to see him getting along with both M+C, and that Victoria lived.

On the whole, I don't think the game was as good as the original or Before the Storm but is still a worthy (if rather different) follow up. Dontnod are still great character writers, even if we didn't get to spend nearly as much time as I'd like with any of the side characters thanks to the "road trip" style of telling the story.

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017

And Dontnot cheats....

The ending of the first game is its worst attribute precisely for what you say. None of your choices really matter at the end of the day.

On the other hand, how you guide Daniel creates substantial differences in what ending you receive. If you're saying that's not the case, I suggest you revisit some of your choices.

JayRB88

Dec 3, 2019
Finally got round to playing the final episode. Definitely agree with the consensus that this is the best put together final episode of the three games.

Now onto the spoilery stuff.

• Decided to surrender and Daniel accepted
  • Overall, taught Daniel to do his best to follow the rules of society

• Did the treasure hunt and found the hidden souvenir
  • Overall, got closer to Karen
  • Wrote a caring note to Karen
  • Said farewell to Arthur and Stanley
  • Said farewell to Joan
  • Hugged Karen before leaving
  • Intervened to calm Diego
  • Freed the Mexican couple
  • Asked Daniel to open the vigilantes' cell
  • Didn't hurt the vigilantes
  • Didn't ask Daniel to kill the police officers

• Daniel was told off about the Scorpion and stopped messing with it
  • Daniel managed to set up Joan's sculpture like he wanted
  • Was concerned about hurting Officer Campbell
  • Accepted to open the vigilantes' cell
  • Didn't have to lash out at the vigilantes
  • Locked up the officers in a closet
  • Wasn't asked to kill the officers

The Prison ending definitely seemed like what my Sean would pick, despite it being incredibly unfair to him. Seeing him break down at the camping spot broke my heart. Glad Lyla returned.

Really liked seeing and talking to David. Bae ending so seeing Max and Chloe together made my heart swell, and while I'm sad Joyce (and many others :( ) didn't make it, I'm happy to see him getting along with both M+C, and that Victoria lived.

On the whole, I don't think the game was as good as the original or Before the Storm but is still a worthy (if rather different) follow up. Dontnod are still great character writers, even if we didn't get to spend nearly as much time as I'd like with any of the side characters thanks to the "road trip" style of telling the story.
The ending of the first game is its worst attribute precisely for what you say. None of your choices really matter at the end of the day.

On the other hand, how you guide Daniel creates substantial differences in what ending you receive. If you're saying that's not the case, I suggest you revisit some of your choices.

Exactly. They put more effort into making all the endings work for the story and in terms of effort into the endings themselves this time unlike S1 where one felt like an afterthought thrown in at the end. I feel that the 2 "good" endings still fit best thematically in lis2 with one more so than the other however the disparity is much lower overall between all of them.

jenya

Oct 27, 2017
I love the flawed characters but
the last church scene of chapter 4 is too much lmao
best LIS game so far

Robin Friday

Oct 28, 2017
Overall thought season two was better graphically, written better, liked the slow moments, but preferred the characters and setting of season one. My favourite would probably be bts apart from the third episode, which seemed a bit messy/rushed. Would love to see Deck Nine get a crack at doing a full, five episode third season while Dontnod do their new game.

Robin Friday

Oct 28, 2017
Overall thought season two was better graphically, written better, liked the slow moments, but preferred the characters and setting of season one. My favourite would probably be bts apart from the third episode, which seemed a bit messy/rushed. Would love to see Deck Nine get a crack at doing a full, five episode third season while Dontnod do their new game.
And don't release the episodes six months apart!

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Well, Deck Nine is working on a narrative focused game for SE. I'd say the chances of it being in the LiS universe are high. Also LiS1's 5th anniversary is next year.

jenya

Oct 27, 2017
Disappointed, after finishing final episode. But i wasn't even expecting better. Still think that this doesn't come close to the OG LiS.

I got the ending with both brothers crossing the border. I did not get through all that crap with little brat for more than one year just to surrender at the end.

Overall, very weak, from start to finish.

Re: spoiler.

The statistics right now show that
most people surrendered? TF

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished it.
I liked the final evolution of Punished Sean. Looked like a man who would have been dominating prison in an LiS2 side story.

I like that this is an ending that actually takes into account the journey and isn't simply binary. I didn't understand that until I saw the possible alternatives at the end, since I just surrendered and Daniel accepted it. That felt like the right ending, and what my Sean would have chosen.

I wish there had been more moments what kind of influcence you've had on Daniel with him being autonomous. I guess there might be more of those moments if you're being inconsistent and you try to tell him to do something and he does another. But I would have liked moments like, say the final sequence of this episode, where Daniel's off on his own doing something, and you get out to discover that what he did was informed through your journey, without Sean's attempts at intervening.
Overall, I enjoyed it. Not as much as LiS1, if only for how the time travel mechanic worked so wonderfully well within the context of this adventure game. But I like how LiS2 diverged so heavily from the first game's template, and I'd like to see an LiS3 continue to do the same.

Episode 3's ending is the one that sticks with me the most.

Overdoziz

Oct 26, 2017
I still feel like the nature of the game where you're constantly going to new locations and meeting new people worked against what made the first game so great.
Episode 3 was easily my favorite because if that. You were just chilling in the forest, walking around the camp getting to know people. Felt really nice.

Ending stuff was pretty well done though.

jgminto

Oct 25, 2017
I really liked Season 2 overall, it had some issues but I loved the core relationship between Sean & Daniel. I would have liked to spend more time with the secondary characters through the season though. As the season progressed we seemed to spend less and less time with the new supporting cast. We only really get a basic sense of
the residents of Away, though they still did a good job of establishing them in the short time they had on screen.
It also felt like it was coming up against its budget by the end of the season though, which is a shame.
Not having voice acting for the older Sean & Daniel was a big missed opportunity, especially for the endings with silent dialogue. It would have taken the emotional weight to another level.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Just finished it. Whole season was really not doing it for me. Loved LiS 1 a lot, this one not so much. It's a 5 or 6 out of 10 for me, which is disappointing. I found myself bored way too often, and didnt particularly care for any of the characters. I got the wolf brothers ending or whatever, I watched all the other ones and I like my ending the best, so I guess that's cool.

It didn't hit any of the highs for me of the first game, gameplay or story wise. Just very dull overall.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Karen just started getting interesting before you have to move on. Sigh...
I liked the concept of the characters. They had real potential and some managed to stand out, but the overall nature of the plot didn't seem to allow good meatty character exploration.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I just did something really stupid but I'm also really fucking drunk right now and I just booted up the ending up again and I was crying like I think I never cried before in my life and I'm a total wreck wright now but this might be the most transcendent experience I ever had in my Life and now I have to give this game a 11/10

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'll say this: LiS2 managed to make me care more for Daniel than LiS1 did Chloe (pre-BtS). It made the whole thing much more emotionally resonant for me.

Though, maybe if there's an LiS3, our partner character won't be insufferable for most of the time like a Daniel/Chloe/Rachel.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I absolutely loved LiS2. It's been a great ride, and a worthy follow up. I dont cry a lot but this episode definitely got me.

I'm still geeking out over David's appearance. That was a nice cameo. However I'd love to hear the differences for the Bay ending. Was Joyce there too? And damn I missed the Victoria and Nathan letters.

And I'm ready to move into Away.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
I felt really, really sad at

Sean breaking down and crying when they revisit their old campsite.

That kind of hit home on everything they've been through.

AliceAmber

If you're curious.......

Yes Joyce is alive. David is remorseful he was an asshole and could not connect with his stepdaughter before she was murdered. In his trailer you see his attempt at writing a letter to her trying to reconcile.
Joyce calls him when you're saying goodbye

hob982

Oct 27, 2017
Ending felt so poignant and heartfelt. Season had some ups and downs but all in all, I honestly think this is pretty much on par with LIS1 in terms of quality.
Also, while I can understand the critique of changing side characters on a per episode basis giving them little room to develop, I think it speaks volume that ppl actually felt like they wanted them to be *more* in the game. They had such a little air time in the game yet people cared about and wanted them featured more in the game, be it Lyla, Brody, Karen, Cassidy, Finn and the others, they left an everlasting impression to me. They leave such a deep mark on Diaz brothers' journey and that's what really matters, even their absence is part of the narrative device.
Great season and a worthy follow up. Honestly, now that's gonna be start selling at sale price for the whole season, I think word of mouth will do quite a job here. This is a story which deserves to be told and appreciated. Sure LIS1 was lighting in a bottle but I hope there a LIS3 somewhere along the road.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
Ending felt so poignant and heartfelt. Season had some ups and downs but all in all, I honestly think this is pretty much on par with LIS1 in terms of quality.
Also, while I can understand the critique of changing side characters on a per episode basis giving them little room to develop, I think it speaks volume that ppl actually felt like they wanted them to be *more* in the game. They had such a little air time in the game yet people cared about and wanted them featured more in the game, be it Lyla, Brody, Karen, Cassidy, Finn and the others, they left an everlasting impression to me. They leave such a deep mark on Diaz brothers' journey and that's what really matters, even their absence is part of the narrative device.
Great season and a worthy follow up. Honestly, now that's gonna be start selling at sale price for the whole season, I think word of mouth will do quite a job here. This is a story which deserves to be told and appreciated. Sure LIS1 was lighting in a bottle but I hope there a LIS3 somewhere along the road.
I feel like people overstate the importance of side character in the first season. Most of the side characters in the first season were one not character that didn't really do much. Of all the side character, Kate had the most development and that was really all in one episode. I feel like Karren got just as much development as Kate did in the first season. Don't get me wrong, I love the world and characters of the first season.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I absolutely loved LiS2. It's been a great ride, and a worthy follow up. I dont cry a lot but this episode definitely got me.

I'm still geeking out over David's appearance. That was a nice cameo. However I'd love to hear the differences for the Bay ending. Was Joyce there too? And damn I missed the Victoria and Nathan letters.

And I'm ready to move into Away.
He and Joyce split up but they still keep in touch. He talks to Joyce on the phone and they worry that Nathan Prescott, Chloe's murderer, may be released from jail. David is full of regret that he never saw eye to eye with Chloe and now it's too late.

JayRB88

Dec 3, 2019
Yes leaving characters behind is an intentional narrative device. Youbalsonspend more time with many of them in one episode then you do with S1 characters over 5 so I never understood the complaints or suggestions that the side characters in s1 were more prominent.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I was also so psyched to see that Chris was also there for some of the endings. Him and Daniel's relationship was so sweet.

DL Clyde

Oct 25, 2017
Now waiting for the physical EU version to arrive to my city to start it next week.

Finally a new LiS for me to experience :"-)

Loved the heck out of 1 and BtS.

I haven't read many of the posts in here because I haven't played Life is Strange 2 so I am stepping on egg shells to see any discussion about the physical release. This is what I was waiting on when LIS2 finished but I'm disappointed that they have went the telltale route (with the standard version at least) that you only get episodes 1-4 on the disc and the 5th episode you have to download.

EDIT: Fixed quote.