• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
Go9pBsN.png

LIFE IS STRANGE: BEFORE THE STORM OT|THE AWESOME ADVENTURES OF CAPTAIN SPIRIT OT|LIFE IS STRANGE COMMUNITY THREAD

ION7kdo.png

Developer: Dontnod Entertainment
Publisher: Square Enix
Platforms: PC (Steam), Xbox One, PlayStation 4
Genre: Graphic Adventure
Distribution: Digital (A boxed release will most likely follow once the season is done like with the first season and Before the Storm)

PRICING:

Full Season (£32.99/$39.99)

PC REQUIREMENTS:

Minimum Requirements:

OS: Windows 7 or above (64-bit Operating System Required)
Processor: Intel Core i3-2100 (3.1GHz) or AMD Phenom X4 945 (3.0GHz)
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 2GB or AMD Radeon HD 7770 2GB
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 14 GB available space
Additional Notes: Please note that 32-bit operating systems will not be supported

Recommended:

Processor: Intel Core i5 3470, (3.20 Ghz) or AMD FX-8350, (4.00 Ghz)
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB or AMD Radeon R9 280X 3GB
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 14 GB available space
Additional Notes: Please note that 32-bit operating systems will not be supported

tpUIkF6.png

Din7I2p.png

Life is Strange 2 sees players in the shoes of brothers Daniel and Sean Diaz. The player as Sean (16) will go on a year-long trip with Daniel (9) that will take them from Seattle, Washington to their family's hometown in Puerto Lobos, Mexico.

Starting in October 2016, three years after the events of Life is Strange 1 and the story of Max Caulfield and Chloe Price, Sean and Daniel go on the run after an incident that sees the death of their father and changes their lives forever. Over the course of the year, the Diaz brothers will encounter other characters and situations as they try and make their way to Mexico.

The themes cited for the game are brotherhood and education, the latter having a massive effect on Daniel. The choices you make will have an impact on his behaviour.

mHqWChJ.png

Will we see Max and Chloe in this game?
Likely not. Dontnod had said previously any new games would be set with new stories, new locales and more outside the first game. So your chances of seeing them two in this - and likely any other characters and locales save for maybe an easter egg of sorts - are slim-to-nill.

Bay > Bae

Will our saves from Life is Strange and Life is Strange: Before the Storm carry over?
No.

Will our saves from The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit carry over?
Yes! Your choices from Captain Spirit will affect Life is Strange 2, although how is still unknown. Your saves will only carry over if you're playing Life is Strange 2 on the same platform you played Captain Spirit on, though, so be aware of that.

Do I need to play the previous games to know what's going on?
For Life is Strange and Life is Strange: Before the Storm, definitely not. Those two games are self-contained away from LiS2's canon and are not necessary before starting LiS2 (Though that being said, you should definitely play them anyway if you haven't already because they are great games in their own right).

A playthrough of Captain Spirit is recommended, however. Acting as a standalone prequel to Life is Strange 2, your choices in that will impact the main game. And also it's only two-to-three hours long and it's free on whatever platform you want to play on so jump on that.

What are Sean and Daniel's spirit creatures?
Akin to the doe with Max and the bluejay with Chloe in the first game, it's highly suggested that Sean and Daniel's spirit creatures are a pair of wolves.

What are your thoughts on Hot Dog Man?
I love him.

What are your thoughts on Tom Nook?
THE DEVIL INCARNATE. Also, this is the wrong thread/franchise to ask me this.

JrGGvCz.png

RQHrVAB.png

Episode One - Roads
September 27

Episode Two - Rules
January 2019

Episode Three - TBA

Episode Four - TBA
TBA

Episode Five - TBA
TBA

3h0e6Nl.png

Not much has been revealed on the game's soundtrack, although a Spotify playlist made by the official Life is Strange account has already posted two songs into a game-specific playlist: Liztomania by Phoenix and On The Flip Of A Coin by The Streets. The playlist will update as the season goes on and more music is publicly debuted in the game.

The first season had a varied array of artists such as Jose Gonzalez, Foals, Alt-j, Mogwai and more. Before the Storm had a mostly original soundtrack from UK band Daughter but had a few other artists such as Wolf Alice too.

[Life is Strange 1 soundtrack]
[Music from Before the Storm]
[The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit soundtrack]

For originally composed music, Syd Matters' Jonathan Morali returns from the first game to provide his take once again.

3KObb14.png

---

Original announce video from 2017
Date reveal
Teaser
The Road to Life is Strange 2 documentary
Launch trailer
Sean trailer
Daniel trailer

0T0Ytjz.png

LrExjzp.png

GxTesLz.png

DvOsnXr.png

Episode 1 - Roads:

WCCFTech - 9.5
GameRevolution - 3.5/5
AOTF - 4/5
USGamer - No score ("Life Is Strange 2's debut episode, despite its faults and its slow-moving pace, starts the series off compellingly, setting off on a road trip adventure that I'm sure will bear more hardship for the two brothers than unlikely friendships. It's telling a very different story from its predecessor, but thus far it retains the most important element: making us care about the characters, wherever the journey takes them.")
VentureBeat - 8.5
Game Informer - 8.25
Destructoid - 8.5
PSU - 9.5
Gameblog.fr - 8
TrustedReviews - 5/5
IGN - 7.7
TheSixthAxis - 9
GameSpot - 9
GamesRadar - 3/5

NOTES:

Thanks to Fantomas for the banners and CrazyDude for the OT suggestion!

HIKAkPM.jpg

Last edited:

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait! Already have it installed and hopefully this time the company I bought a season pass from doesn't go bankrupt!

Walking Dead Final Season was the first season pass I bought and this is the second.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic job on the OT JehutyRunner!

Can't wait to start throwing out wild theories with everyone between episodes!!

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
We got our code today, they're letting us post the opening of the game. I'm not home right now but if anyone is interested in that, I can probably post it tonight and embed it here?

Edit: Here's the opening chapter of the game, if you want to go in not knowing anything substantial, I highly advise not watching the last 4 minutes of the video. I did a lot of exploring so people could get an idea of the world and stuff so that's why it's a bit lengthy. Other than that, it's off to a great start, I stopped playing after this so I could upload it but I'm going to go back to playing right now.

Last edited:

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Away from my consoles for the week, so I'll be avoiding all talk until Saturday/Sunday.

Excited to see how Dontnod can make me sad this time

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
Bravo at the thread title. I would have also accepted something mentioning FINAL FANTASY THE SPIRITS WITHIN which is the best movie.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Completely forgot this was coming out in a few days. I can't really say that I'm extremely excited but it'll likely be a good ride nonetheless. Already got it pre-ordered so all I have to do now is wait.

Great OT btw!

Bravo at the thread title. I would have also accepted something mentioning FINAL FANTASY THE SPIRITS WITHIN which is the best movie.

Life is Strange 2 |OT| Best played on a tasty plasma

Last edited:

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit I forgot that it's coming out after tomorrow! Beautiful OT btw guys

Oct 25, 2017
I actually don't know if im getting this or not despite 1 probably being one of my favorite games I have ever played.
wait and see how it is I guess.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
With all the Telltale stuff that's been going on, I completely fucking forgot that this begins this week. The first trailer looked good, but I've been avoiding everything about the game since then. Can't wait to dive in.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great OT, not sure when I'll start it, but whenever I do I'm really looking forward to seeing how this story unfolds.

Miracle Ache

Oct 25, 2017
Excited for this, but I hope I can buy the episodes separately. I don't think I'll have $40 to spend on this any time soon.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Been avoiding everything since the first trailer, can't wait.

Oddly enough this is the first episodic game I'm going to be playing as the episodes are coming out. It's going to be hell waiting, but that's how dang excited I am for more Life Is Strange.

newgamewhodis

Oct 28, 2017
Brooklyn
I'll probably wait for a few episodes to come out before I jump in, but barring a critical slapping, I'm going to jump in eventually.

The Amazing Adventures of Captain Spirit was, for me, the most concise and focused episode Dontnod has ever put out, so I hope they continue building in that direction.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Really hoping this is as good as S1.

I'll probably wait until episode 3 to see if I'll jump in.

OceanicAir

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've been waiting for a S2 since S1 ended lol. The first season is one of my favorite games of all time. It's almost here now!

Great OT too!

Deleted member 6769

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really looking forward to seeing how this turns out! I trust that Dontnod will turn out another compelling and moving game.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
It is I

CAPTAIN SPIRIT.

I really hope there's a satisfying story to their arc even if they are not to protagonist.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Just about a month short of three years since the final episode of season 1. Time flies.

Come on Dontnod, keep that quality up. I believe in you.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Just about a month short of three years since the final episode of season 1. Time flies.

Come on Dontnod, keep that quality up. I believe in you.
Well Captain Spirit was amazing, gave me chills at the end. I guess this is going to be amazing. Gonna be hard to play this and know there's a long wait til we have the complete game. But I cannot miss this.

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah mine also says it's playable in 1 day 15 hours. Noon on Wednesday eastern time. Or does that just mean you can download it then?

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
No hype for this but I'll play it. Loved the first game but not sure about the trailers and Captain Spirit demo.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
You can already download it. Mine is already installed.
Hmm, no pre-load on Steam from what I can tell.

I wouldn't be surprised if it releases on Wednesday though, they've done single global release times in the past for BtS and CS, so they might be about to announce the same for this.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still undecided as to whether I'll jump in at the beginning. I'm so very tempted...
Bets on which brother is going to die at the end? I'm thinking Sean.
It's gonna go somewhere more interesting than that. Have some faith in DONTNOD!

...The big bro's actions will decide whether or not the little brother kills someone and goes to prison. It will be very heartfelt.

SE Toby

Square Enix - Community Manager
Verified
Nov 6, 2017
London
Nice OT! Looking forward to having everyone play the game this week! As with the other OTs, feel free to @ me if you have any questions or run into any problems.

We'll be announcing the release timings of the episode later today in case anyone was wondering.