• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
anyone that paid upfront got fleeced
When it comes to the modern episodic games, it's always more economical to wait. The elevated cost you're paying upfront is basically to experience some of the content early, before everything is released.

What makes this situation peculiar is that only 2 episodes have been released and the delay between content is huge.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
though i suppose it's the immense wait between episodes that irks me the most. it's longer than the 90 day gamepass delay... like they couldn't even make them wait until the next ep releases.
Well I'm certain Square Enix had to give a specific timeframe to MS when they made a deal for Game Pass. However the long delays between episodes has made me wait until the whole season is out before I play it. I bought the first episode and played it and barely can remember.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
The trailer for episode 3 will be released very soon,and i will not watch it this time,but there are also screenshots,and no spoilers :

Hey take a look at Sean & Daniel:

D5kmoMmWwAc9B_D.jpg

D5kmoMpX4AEV-5t.jpg

I am really hyped.
Beautiful characters.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
If you have been affected by the "savefile deleted" bug on PS4,some good news:

"
  • If you have been affected and you do not have a (recent) backup of your save game anywhere, the game will add an inbuilt resolution with Episode 3:
  • Should the game detect that your PS Profile has unlocked the episode completed Trophies "A Long Road Ahead" and "Free Spirits" but is unable to detect a save game file for Life is Strange 2, you will be offered the choice to continue Episode 3 using one of 4 pre-generated save files. Each of the save files have followed their own set path through Episode 1 and 2 and you will not be able to edit any of the choices made previously. You will be able to choose the path which most broadly aligns with your own previous playthrough.
"
more infos here:
https://lifeisstrange-blog.tumblr.com/post/184622689160/episode-3-pre-launch-episode-notes

That's cool.
But i think i will replay episode 2 finally.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
If you have been affected by the "savefile deleted" bug on PS4,some good news:

"
  • If you have been affected and you do not have a (recent) backup of your save game anywhere, the game will add an inbuilt resolution with Episode 3:
  • Should the game detect that your PS Profile has unlocked the episode completed Trophies "A Long Road Ahead" and "Free Spirits" but is unable to detect a save game file for Life is Strange 2, you will be offered the choice to continue Episode 3 using one of 4 pre-generated save files. Each of the save files have followed their own set path through Episode 1 and 2 and you will not be able to edit any of the choices made previously. You will be able to choose the path which most broadly aligns with your own previous playthrough.
"
more infos here:
https://lifeisstrange-blog.tumblr.com/post/184622689160/episode-3-pre-launch-episode-notes

That's cool.
But i think i will replay episode 2 finally.

Interesting solution, but I'd rather all of these games (going back to early Telltale) had just given you some sort of save generator interface like Dragon Age: Inquisition. People who want their "choices have real consequences" first time playthrough will have that, but if someone wants to, on a whim, start episode 5 of Life is Strange by having Max made all the asshole choices, why not just let them when they could blast through the game again up to that point making those choices consciously anyway?

jakomocha

Oct 29, 2017
California
Episode 3 just came out?? Sick, can't wait till I get home so I can just binge Ep 2 and Ep 3.

Also really cool that they've come up with a way to (mostly) get people's save files back. As far as I know, Telltale never even addressed their save file issues

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Episode 3 just came out?? Sick, can't wait till I get home so I can just binge Ep 2 and Ep 3.

Also really cool that they've come up with a way to (mostly) get people's save files back. As far as I know, Telltale never even addressed their save file issues
Oh. I guess it is out. I should probably get around to that.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Mine is 13.1 GB!

Episode 3 is bigh.
wowser!

Hm maybe I'll go for a run after I start my DL, could take some time.

Didn't actually know it's coming today until I read it today. Somehow thought it was coming May 19th. After I was somewhat disappointed in EP2 I hope this will get me back in. I'm excited to play it tonight. I hope there are less bugs than last time.

OniLinkPlus

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finished episode 3.

Oof. Daniel and Finn, two of the biggest idiots in the world. Daniel got shot and... lost an eye? Fuck. Everyone's passed out on the ground. Wouldn't be surprised if at least a few people were straight up dead. Did anyone get a better ending...? Feeling like I fucked up majorly there, trying to get the gun away.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished Ep 3.

My choices:
  • Made coffee after drinking last cup.
  • Hit a bullseye while knife throwing.
  • Tried to be understanding when Daniel mentioned Karen.
  • Asked Daniel why he wasn't wearing his watch.
  • Intervened when Big Joe slapped Cassidy.
  • I trimmed a lot of weed buds. #SmokeDank420
  • Helped Daniel clean the dishes.
  • Didn't ask Daniel for help with chores.
  • Got wasted at the campfire. #SmokeDank420
  • Went to sleep with Daniel.
  • Finn came forward when Daniel hit Big Joe.
  • Did not want to partake in the heist.
  • Remained friends with Finn. He's not my type.
  • Let Cassidy choose my tattoo.
  • Went to the lake and swam with Cassidy. Naked.
  • Cassidy did not get angry with me.
  • Kissed Cassidy.
  • Went into Cassidy's tent. And had sex.
  • Sabotaged Big Joe's vehicles so he couldn't come after us.
  • Came in after Daniel and Finn had broken into Merrill's house.
  • Did not take the gun from the safe.
  • I told Daniel to use his power and Finn was not killed.
  • Cassidy was injured.

As for Daniel:
  • Daniel waited for me in the morning.
  • Daniel had help (from me) doing the dishes.
  • Daniel refused (? not really, I didn't ask for his help but ok) to help me with the tanks.
  • Daniel talked to me about his anger.
  • Daniel used his power, got injured (shot in the fucking arm!), and lashed out (well, blew up a house and probably killed a guy, but ok).

And then a couple thoughts on the ending for now.
That was some shit at the end there, Daniel got fucking shot. And then that tease for the next episode seemed troubling as well, not sure what was going on there but it looks like we get split up?

Also, these were the licensed songs used in Episode 3:
Gorillaz - "On Melancholy Hill"
Justice - "D.A.N.C.E"
Ben Lee - "I'm Willing"
Milk & Bone - "Natalie"

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Also, I didn't run into any bugs really playing on Steam. There were one or two super small things, like animation timings and stuff during cutscenes that felt a little jarring, but it was fine 99% of the time, nothing like what I, or others, ran in to during Ep. 2 at least for me.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, and I kind of liked

the flashback sequence at the beginning. I wonder if they'll do that again. It was just nice to have this chill moment of family life, even though some "drama" was involved, compared to the situation they are in now.

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really hoping that
isn't the last we see of Cassidy. I really, really dig that character.

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
Can any PC players possibly send me a copy of their save? I somehow overwrote/lost my save not long after finishing Episode 2. I don't particularly want to go through it all again to play the new episode if possible.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
wait a minute...

is Daniel dead?
??

If so then god damn that's a brave choice

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like this episode was a good one. I've made the choice to no longer touch anything or look at it until all of the episodes are out, so it's nice that the quality keeps going up.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Also, I didn't run into any bugs really playing on Steam. There were one or two super small things, like animation timings and stuff during cutscenes that felt a little jarring, but it was fine 99% of the time, nothing like what I, or others, ran in to during Ep. 2 at least for me.
Excellent. Thanks for the impressions!

Looking forward to diving into this.

GReeeeN

Senior Analyst at GSD
Verified
Mar 6, 2018
any screenshots from EP 3?, did they really improve the look/ gfx of the game?

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
Next episode has a bunch of religious themed titles. Remember that Jacob comes from some kind of religious commune from Nevada. He also said he lost his faith because of stuff that happened their, but at the camp he said he would only back if he got a sign from God. He find out about Daniel's power.(His sign) Plus he has been acting weird since finding out about the powers. Also the billboard in the preview said it was heading towards Nevada. I think that Daniel passed out, and Jacob appeared and took him.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
any screenshots from EP 3?, did they really improve the look/ gfx of the game?
I didn't take any screenshots, but it did look really impressive on PC yeah. The lighting in particular I thought looked really good.
Next episode has a bunch of religious themed titles. Remember that Jacob comes from some kind of religious commune from Nevada. He also said he lost his faith because of stuff that happened their, but at the camp he said he would only back if he got a sign from God. He find out about Daniel's power.(His sign) Plus he has been acting weird since finding out about the powers. Also the billboard in the preview said it was heading towards Nevada. I think that Daniel passed out, and Jacob appeared and took him.
That would make sense, yeah.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
So anyone romance
Finn
I did not.
It was clear that he was in to Sean, but I didn't really like him all that much. I did appreciate the fact that the option was there, though judging by the choice list at the end, that scenario is quite tame compared to what I went and did with Cassidy.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Well that was great. Much better than the last episode. I love, love, love that this subject matter has been worked into the plot of a major game instead of just cheaper, vapid stuff. This whole thing was fantastic and as an older brother...I get it. I get a lot of it. Man.

Last edited: