• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jakomocha

Oct 29, 2017
California
I was only introduced to them in TellTale's Tales From the Borderlands. My Silver Lining is the ending song and it's GREAT.

One of the few times in my life where I saw down, listened to the song a hundred times, and then ordered the album.
TftB is how I found (and became obsessed with) that song too!!!!

Seriously though, y'all should check out Tales from the Borderlands if you haven't already. Having TftB and LiS 1 releasing concurrently back in 2015 was episodic gaming heaven.

I'm sad to hear there's only 2 licensed songs in Episode 2 though :/

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Omg TftB is how I found (and became obsessed with) that song too!!!!

Seriously though, y'all should check out Tales from the Borderlands if you haven't already. Having TftB and LiS 1 releasing concurrently back in 2015 was episodic gaming heaven
Yeah! Right on!

It's surprisingly good, even if you have no interest in Borderlands. (I'd personally call it the best Borderlands game, though.)

jakomocha

Oct 29, 2017
California
For those of you that've played it, how long is Episode 2?
Yeah! Right on!

It's surprisingly good, even if you have no interest in Borderlands. (I'd personally call it the best Borderlands game, though.)
As someone who poured like 80+ hours into Borderlands 2 and loved it, I'd still say Tales is the best Borderlands game. It's one of the most underrated games of this gen imo, and you're right, you definitely do not have to be a Borderlands fan to enjoy it. I'm real sad we won't ever get a second season :( What a shame.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I am usually pretty thorough though, reading all the journal entries, interacting with everything in every room, talking to everyone, etc.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I hate to say it but I'm rather disappointed with EP2. Wasn't enjoying replaying EP1 that much either. I fear this game won't do it for me ;_;

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure if I'm emotionally prepared for Mushroom dying, even though we spent all of 30 minutes with him. Don't love the idea that it's not something the player has input in. On the other hand, seeing our choices affecting Daniel's world view continues to be a really interesting perspective to take a 'choose your own adventure' game.

I feel terribly hypocritical - Chris potentially gets hit by a car? Oh, that's really, really sad. The dog dies? FUCK EVERYTHING, I WILL NEVER FEEL HAPPY AGAIN.

Also, First Aid Kit!! YES!

I'm still worried LiS2 will be less sustainable budget wise long term, because with a road trip, more new assets still have to be created every episode. That being said, Before the Storm didn't reuse a lot of 'sets' outside of Chloe's house and the junkyard, but it may have been more manageable with only a three episode count.

I was only introduced to them in TellTale's Tales From the Borderlands. My Silver Lining is the ending song and it's GREAT.

One of the few times in my life where I saw down, listened to the song a hundred times, and then ordered the album.

My Silver Lining is so good! One thing that Telltale was really amazing at was picking great songs for the opening/ending credits, and between Telltale's games and Life is Strange, I got introduced to a lot of great artists I wouldn't have know about otherwise. For anyone who hasn't played them, The Walking Dead had Take Us Back/In The Pines, and Michonne used Dorothy's Gun In My Hand/First Aid Kit's Wolf (STILL OBSESSED WITH BOTH). Tales From The Borderlands carried on the Borderlands music legacy, and had great songs for their opening credits, with Twin Shadow's To The Top being another favorite.

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK

I really don't think....

that Chris is dead, he can get hit by the car, which is the ending I got and I felt terrible. Although the brothers speak at the end and say they don't know if Chris is alive or dead.
One of my stats at the end said Daniel blamed you for Chris's accident.

I'm tempted just to stand by my terrible life choices.

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I finished episode 2 and overall was somewhat let down. I feel like the emotional beats fell a bit flat for many reasons.

First off I think Mushroom dying was premature and rushed. I almost feel like he was "written off" from the series to not have to continue to add him to their road trip experiences as he would complicate it story-wise. Daniel basically forgot about him immediately and only brought him up once, casually, on my playthrough.

Daniel's powers are handled rather badly. The conversation with Steven was awkward, and I literally burst out laughing when I peeked in through the window of Chris' living room and I saw a shot of the boys levitating toys from behind. I know he's a kid and all but for establishing so many rules with Daniel and telling him not to use his powers no matter what, he sure did love to use them!

The choices didn't seem to have much impact, but I couldn't truly know without playing a second time through as I usually do with LIS. I lol'd when Chris' father mentioned "Thanks for shoveling the driveway", that's the only thing that might have carried over from my Captain Spirit playthrough. Speaking of which, either Chris had a different voice actor or he simply matured since voice acting for the Captain Spirit episode; he definitely sounded different.

There were a lot of visual and auditory bugs, anyone get them? For example the textures would go from light to dark shade on the characters, or the shadows would disappear, particularly in the forest. And there were NO sounds of doors opening or closing, including the door to Karen's room jarring open towards the end. Very sloppy and definitely detracted from the experience.

Some mechanics presented in episode 1 barely played a role in episode 2, such as the money management. I only had the opportunity to spend money in two instances, and in any case I finished episode 1 with around 43 dollars and had 15 at the start of chapter 2. Kind of pointless if weeks or months pass between chapters.

Anyways I was mostly let down since I really, really enjoyed episode 1. By changing locations and characters so much, the game loses a bit of identity in a way.

Oh and another thing, what the hell was Dontnod/SE thinking by being in radio silence for so long regarding Episode 2, and two days before release uploading a spoilery 2 minute trailer? They totally ruined it by showing:

The cops showing up at the house, which happens in the last 5 minutes.

That'll teach me to avoid any trailers or marketing material for the future episodes.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
yeah episode 1 was better overall,but it's because episode 2 is more about character development than "lots of f*cked events in your face".
episode 2 is way too glitchy.

also i didn't like
-the game forces you to go to the market.I was like"Sean,why?"

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yeah episode 1 was better overall,but it's because episode 2 is more about character development than "lots of f*cked events in your face".
episode 2 is way too glitchy.

also i didn't like
-the game forces you to go to the market.I was like"Sean,why?"

Completely agree.

The worst decisions Sean made were the ones forced upon the player haha.

But, I feel Episode 1 was about character development just as much as Episode 2. And this episode threw fucked events in your face in a baffling way, IMO. Mushroom dying by a cougar was random as hell, and the cabinet falling on Steven was just silly.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Completely agree.

The worst decisions Sean made were the ones forced upon the player haha.

But, I feel Episode 1 was about character development just as much as Episode 2. And this episode threw fucked events in your face in a baffling way, IMO. Mushroom dying by a cougar was random as hell, and the cabinet falling on Steven was just silly.

yeah it's was random,but that's the point i think.Just that it was two difficult for the two brothers to take cares of an animal.
For the cabinet,i saw this coming miles away so i wasn't surprised.

For the market scene,he met Cassidy,so it's probably not a bad decision after all maybe,it seems that she will have an influence on him.

Broscientific

Oct 27, 2017
I'm having a really nasty glitch that's making the game unplayable for me. Got through a good chunk, quit the game and restarted. Game loads in and none of the voice lines are playing, instead with subtitles preceded by a number. Restarted the game... ok, now the audio's good, but none of the textures are loading and it's some Assassin's Creed Unity level horror-shit. Anyone else have this problem? Restarting Steam and updating drivers did nothing

Here's the point in the episode where I'm having problems:
waking up at the grandparent's house for the first? time

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
Chris's voice actor starting to enter puberty his voice is a bit deeper, either that or it's someone different.

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished and yeah didn't like it as much as the first episode but still pretty good. Surprised it was so glitchy despite the lengthy gap between episodes. I hope it's not going to be another long wait till episode 3.
Daniel tricking you into thinking a guy was at the screen door in the beginning legit scared the hell out of me.

Wild dumb nonsense speculation that's probably not true:
Their mom was a photographer with a bunch of random photos in her room. What if she had the same time travel powers as Max and saw a future where Daniel turned out evil or something if she stayed around and that's why she left. The whole season seems to be about Sean shaping Daniel into either doing good or bad.

Last edited:

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Thanks to God, Chris is fine on my game and I also got him to open up with Sean. I messed up with the grandparents tho.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
I just found out that Daniel's VO is 14, so they don't exactly have too much time before his voice starts changing.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
very confused about the ending of episode 2

At every point possible I told Daniel to stop bullshitting Chris and tell him they werent his powers. In the end he still ran in front of the car and got hit. So I figured it was inevitable. Now at the stat screen im seeing he could have avoided the car and even helped you escape. wtf else could I of done?

Deleted member 1265

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
very confused about the ending of episode 2

At every point possible I told Daniel to stop bullshitting Chris and tell him they werent his powers. In the end he still ran in front of the car and got hit. So I figured it was inevitable. Now at the stat screen im seeing he could have avoided the car and even helped you escape. wtf else could I of done?

When you were leaving at the end were you being chased or were you sneaking away?

Also did you talk to Chris and get him to open up about his dad?

Those are the only things I could think of that would make a difference but I'm not certain.

---

Had a bit of a glitch/I got stuck in the mid to late portion of the episode.

At the christmas market I went to buy a bear at the one stand and afterwards Sean went to walk away but he looped around sideways and walked into the guy who argued with the guitarist and her friend.
I was stuck like that for like 5 minutes wiggling around until I managed to get free.

Last edited:

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Can't pick this up until next Thursday and it's driving me mad! I was going to wait until the complete series dropped but ending up picking up the first episode when it was on sale. I didn't enjoy it quite as much as LiS 1 and Before the Storm's first episodes, but it was still excellent and had so much promise.

feint_ruled

Oct 28, 2017
Is there a timed restriction on buying the episode individually on PSN? I only get the option for the bundle. Apologies if this has been covered, I am afraid to read the thread in case I hit a spoiler!

M1chl

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Czech Republic
Is there a timed restriction on buying the episode individually on PSN? I only get the option for the bundle. Apologies if this has been covered, I am afraid to read the thread in case I hit a spoiler!
No you could not buy separate episodes aside from first one. Others are only part of the bundle, it was thread here yesterday (But I could not find it).

feint_ruled

Oct 28, 2017
No you could not buy separate episodes aside from first one. Others are only part of the bundle, it was thread here yesterday (But I could not find it).

Jesus. I hope they change this policy. That's nuts. I'll be sitting it out if not, no way am I paying up front in this post-telltale world.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Episode 2 is glitchy? Oh man I'm still angry about corrupted saves in episode 1. I'll definitely wait for the entire season to be over before purchasing eps 2-5.

hob982

Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing in the beginning (until title card) and no glitches thus far.
Beginning is lovely though, the sense of isolation is delivered really well. And Mushroom is too cute <3

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
also the stats at the end of the episode don't work.So can't compare with the world.
So yeah very glitchy.

Oct 25, 2017
Few graphical bugs and yeah, stats didn't work at the end.

Got a pretty good ending. Chris didn't get hit, grandparents helped with the escape. Cops caught onto us because I logged into facebook.

Was there no way to avoid having to steal the yoyo if you don't have enough money?

Also felt like it didn't do much with the setup in Captain Spirit with Chris' situation, but I wasn't able to transfer my save, so maybe it would have if I had that.

And how could they kill Mushroom so soon.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
also the stats at the end of the episode don't work.So can't compare with the world.
So yeah very glitchy.

Aw man, does that mean everyone else is getting the same 0.01% achievement as me for completing it?

Don't take this away from me.

Edit: CrazyDude I just accidentally quoted one of your old posts, ignore the notification I'm sure you've just received

Broscientific

Oct 27, 2017
Managed to finish last night after needing to completely reinstall the game(!!)

I'm pretty torn now between wanting to replay this episode / stay true to my choices. I'm leaning toward the latter, especially with three episodes left, there's a lot to still get through.

chris dying is pretty rough, and I'm really hoping calling Lyla will actually pay off for me

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I'm a total dork and played Captain Spirit on the PS4 when it came out, and bought LiS 2 on the xbox. So I replayed Spirit before starting the new episode. MAN Spirit is still emotionally rough.