• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The first game had an amazing cast and a great little mystery to it all. The whole mystery of what is going on was such a lure. The main characters even though essentially a female cast were done well enough that pretty much everyone could relate to their days in high school etc. The first game was a perfect storm of so many elements coming together.

Septy

Prophet of Truth
Nov 29, 2017
United States
I loved LiS1 and BtS. But this season the schedule is way too long and the writing isn't as good. Daniel is an annoying little shit and Sean's story with the train hoppers is so much more interesting they should have pursued that instead.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Episodic release is a no for me when applied to an adventure game.
I will play it because I enjoyed the first one (and the studio) but not until completed.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I played the first episode on GP and thought it was OK. Not great but interesting enough. I then only lasted like 30 minutes into episode 2 before the oh so cliched tragedy played out so unimaginatively that I lost interest. I've not really followed the game since but I've not heard much excitement about the game to make me think that the game rises above played out and boring tropes.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This ain't it chief.
It isnt what I think, its what people said. In this forum. There's also the question about the release schedule being terrible, but a lot of the lack of interest in the game comes from the fact that it doesnt have any romantic pairing.

Dogenzaka

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 20, 2019
Also the fact that they are using young brother to have a unnatural "power" in the game. And the fact that they are using him at the end of every episode for that shock and wow effect...
He is really annoying.
Yep, the little brother being the one with the powers and the fact that he's super annoying just assures I'm probably never going to touch the game. Child characters are so hard to do well and I rarely feel as invested in them as I do with teen/adult characters.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
It isnt what I think, its what people said. In this forum. There's also the question about the release schedule being terrible, but a lot of the lack of interest in the game comes from the fact that it doesnt have any romantic pairing.
Actually it does have a romantic pairing(s) (if you want to). And as far as i remember except for one, silly, fun kiss in LiS there was nothing more than that.

Maybe try playing the game?

SCB360

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I think the hype was there, then that Free Prologue came out, it soured people on it not being Max and Chloe (or Even Rachel and Chloe) and add to the fact that the releases are so far between (I don't believe its fully finished yet), burnout from Episodic games (even the Walking Dead struggled on this) and then the price, with it being on GP as well, people are willing to wait,

Saying that, I've not started it yet, it may be a good break game, I like episodic releases sometimes, i actually believe Hitman was a better game for it

Deleted member 3888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've only played ep1, I bought it at launch but haven't played ep2 yet, but I think it's just the higher price of entry at launch with a slow release schedule that turned people off, and I think the story paced a bit slower with less to talk about compared to the mystery story surrounding Rachel in LiS1.

Landford

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You haven't played the game then because there is.
At the unveiling of the game nobody knew there would be. People swore it off because of that.

Actually it does have a romantic pairing(s) (if you want to). And as far as i remember except for one, silly, fun kiss in LiS there was nothing more than that.

Maybe try playing the game?
I know. It was not the main focus of LiS too, but people got obssesed with Chloe and Max being in a romantic relationship. Not so much with this game.

Xyber

Oct 27, 2017
There's a lot of stuff I like about LiS2, but that fucking younger brother has made me drop the game now after finishing ep3. I just can't take him anymore, annoying as hell. Don't know if the devs wanted me to be this annoyed with him, but if they did, kudos to them because they succeeded.

Deleted member 2533

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So adventure games for me always have that thing where you are asked to make a choice, then sometimes that choice plays out and you're like, "woah, that's not how I expected it to go down." Like if your choices are "tell him to calm down," or "get in his face," and the "get in his face" option makes you yell at him, but "calm down" option has you pull out a gun or something crazy.

The rewind mechanic was an organic in-game way of essentially doing a save/reload to see what the actual outcome of something was despite being given limited information. LiS2 just being a bog standard adventure game meant I'd probably be tempted to save/reload to see alternatives, and that playing in the back of my mind harms my enjoyment of the game.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Good God, they still haven't released all of the episodes yet? Wikipedia says December. SMH.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
that fucking younger brother has made me drop the game now after finishing ep3. I just can't take him anymore, annoying as hell. Don't know if the devs wanted me to be this annoyed with him, but if they did, kudos to them because they succeeded.
You don't want to play 4th episode then... trust me.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The cast and story just hasn't looked nearly as interesting for me. That, and the gaps between the episode releases hasn't been too great either.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Have not played it. Just seen some previews/spoiler free reviews.

My guess, LIS cast of characters are so beloved that its probably disappointing to series fans that this isn't a straight up sequel as opposed to an anthology set in the same world. BTS avoided this even without the rewind mechanic by being a prequel that kept the same setting as well as including many of the same characters.

Not to compare it to a legend or anything but maybe like a Chrono Trigger -> Chrono Chross situation regarding the characters Also people have mentioned the release schedule. So much media constantly releasing and demanding your attention that its hard to get back into a game.

I will probably check out reviews once the final product is out and I can get it for cheaper.

LukasHeinzel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have the opposite impression, it's easy more popular with streamers and the gaming circle I am often visiting. It also has an amazing story and characters, the success is well deserved.

Komali

Sep 25, 2018
I played the first episode and I can relate with the brothers. Will play everything once the final episode is released.

I liked Chloe and Max, but it was the whole Arcadia Bay setting along with the mystery and the characters that set the tone of the first game. The second game doesn't need to follow the same pattern, so I'm satisfied that they are going for a different route. Of course, people hate change...

Gparan

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
I think some of the excitement with LiS 1 came from how unexpected it was, no one thought i was going to be good. I loved ep 1 of LiS 2 but unlike 1 i want to play evey episode at once so im waiting for ep 5 before I play anything else,

Deleted member 49535

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
In my case I played the free game they made (Adventures of Captain Spirit I think?) and I liked it a lot. But then they ditched that character and setting and replaced it with two generic looking brothers I did not care about and I was like "ok...".

So I haven't even played LiS 2 yet.

adumb

Banned
Aug 17, 2019
Gamers™ can and will fetishise lesbians.

Gamers™ don't like brown people and love cops.

Also the release schedule.

Absent Breeze

Oct 25, 2017
The hook of the mystery in LiS really engaged people to continue. LiS2 doesn't really have a mystery and from episode to episode it isn't really clear in where it wants the story to go.
This is why I haven't picked it up yet. I got into LiS because a choose your own adventure game where you can rewind time seemed like an interesting concept. I stuck with it though for the twin peaks-esc mystery. LiS2 from what I've seen hasn't really delivered on either of those fronts (you play as someone without powers and there doesn't seem to be a mystery involved). I'll still play it once all the eps are out, so far looking at the trailers it hasn't really grabbed me in the same way the first game did.

Deleted member 12867

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The first game is my favorite game of all time. I feel like I would have been more excited about this one if it connected more with the first. Like even if it just had a high school setting I feel like I would have been day 1, but I haven't played it yet as I am waiting for the full release.

VodkaFX

May 31, 2018
This

And I think its hard not to be attached to the characters in LiS and BTS. Max is great.

Was pretty disappointed when LiS2 was first revealed, might give it a go once the complete season is on sale, but until then its a pass, what is shown so far doesn't really hook me.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
They lost me in ep2 when they killed the dog for cheap emotional impact.
Yes, really. I hate when writers do that, because it signals creative bankruptcy more often than not.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not touching it till every episode is out. I bought it the other day when it was on sale, but still waiting for all the bits to be out.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think the huge wait between episodes is the main issue. I played episodes 1 and 2, but stopped until all the episodes are out. It's too long.

Karthane

Mar 20, 2018
Being woke about lesbian ships >>>> Being woke about cop brutality and minorities.

Its sad but its the truth. I saw in this forum that people didnt think it was an "important story".
I think it is an important story, but their attempt was the most on-the-nose/least subtle thing I've ever seen. Some parts almost come across as parody

Landford

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it is an important story, but their attempt was the most on-the-nose/least subtle thing I've ever seen. Some parts almost come across as parody
I agree with you. But what I think happened is that this game was never going to get the same audience the moment it was announced it wasnt going to be a sequel.