• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 61002

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2019
We're all made up of trillions of atoms that make up billions of cells that somehow became cognizant of themselves and think of themselves as a single entity and now I'm reading up on theories that all of this is just some bloody simulation of an even more complex universe. And I wanna understand absolutely everything but the sons of bitches in charge make it so I'd have to learn more than this entire stack of books

TDqq3JUBGMvgwT6MQ7a10EEJZAxhQnT4_yiSMZ2H8TtzDc6zupIQXaj55fvAxngPrUjxteBz2mJ7BC5rTWysc2Kk

Just to start because we still aren't even close to unlocking all the secrets. I DEMAND LIFE STOP BEING SO FUCKING ABSURD.

Lotto

Oct 28, 2017
Earth
yeah, i just looked at my fish tank and i'm keeping fish for entertainment value, wild.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
that campbell and reese bio text is probably one of the best textbooks i've ever read.

pechorin

Banned
Apr 13, 2020
our species understanding of the world doesn't surprise me that much, this is just how we interpret our reality with the tools we were given. what really gets me is that we'll never be able to think beyond our limits, even if we interacted with more intelligent lifeforms we'd never be able attain their knowledge. just like how an ant can never do basic math.

Aftervirtue

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
It stands right after Crime and Punishment and The Trial as the best existential novel for me.
Dostoevsky is my favorite author. I really need to check out the Trial.... i'm slacking on Kafka. Have only read The Metamorphosis. What do you think of Hesse? Steppenwolf is up there with anything by Dostoevsky or Camus.

Mar 30, 2019
Sounds like a challenge. I accept.

I'm gonna out absurd life so hard that it will reflexively cringe into folding space into itself. Even the doomers will confusedly cheer me on.

May 17, 2019
Dostoevsky is my favorite author. I really need to check out the Trial.... i'm slacking on Kafka. Have only read The Metamorphosis. What do you think of Hesse? Steppenwolf is up there with anything by Dostoevsky or Camus.

Hesse was a genius and one of my favorite authors. However, he is far more positive than other authors already mentioned. I would really recommend The Glass Bead Game

Oct 27, 2017
The center of the universe is not a matter of where, but of when.

Which enables us to consider the when of "then". Contextually, when will then be now?

The answer is academic, but where will then be now? It can be close or still so far away, even though it may be imminent.

Aftervirtue

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Hesse was a genius and one of my favorite authors. However, he is far more positive than other authors already mentioned. I would really recommend The Glass Bead Game
Will add it to my list, have heard its one of his best. I'm actually currently reading Demian by Hesse and have already read Steppenwolf and Siddhartha, both were phenomenal.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just read Bill Bryson's A Short History of Nearly Everything, where you'll get a workable overview of all the important stuff and be a better person for it.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Dude my hands are huuuugee man

Seriously though, I've learned to turn off part of my brain when reading anything about deep space or quantum physics. That stuff just makes my head hurt.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
It's pretty crazy to think about, ya.

The center of the universe is not a matter of where, but of when.

Which enables us to consider the when of "then". Contextually, when will then be now?

The answer is academic, but where will then be now? It can be close or still so far away, even though it may be imminent.
Woah.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
trillions of atoms lol buddy you sure about that..? so called scientists havent even found any where close to that, there are maybe 10 million atoms max

Oct 25, 2017
We're all made up of trillions of atoms that make up billions of cells that somehow became cognizant of themselves and think of themselves as a single entity and now I'm reading up on theories that all of this is just some bloody simulation of an even more complex universe. And I wanna understand absolutely everything but the sons of bitches in charge make it so I'd have to learn more than this entire stack of books

TDqq3JUBGMvgwT6MQ7a10EEJZAxhQnT4_yiSMZ2H8TtzDc6zupIQXaj55fvAxngPrUjxteBz2mJ7BC5rTWysc2Kk

Just to start because we still aren't even close to unlocking all the secrets. I DEMAND LIFE STOP BEING SO FUCKING ABSURD.

Don't undersell it by saying "trillions". Avogadro's number is the scale we're talking about, so something on the order of 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. So billions of trillions of atoms.