• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018

I thought this was a powerful story about gender dysphoria as well as how conservative viewpoints of stories can seep into even liberal Youtubers. This is an extensive story about a civil suit over a decision of a dealing with a child's dysphoria as well as the sides present in the story. It's sad that it took this long for someone to take a nuanced look into things, ending with one of the parties ending her social presence.

Xelan

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
For a basic summary (I've only got through 28 minutes of it myself) its basically showing how people can be conned into reporting and believing a story when the source is only from one side. Eazy Ali did a video detailing a case where a mother forced her kid into identifying as transgender, and all the news sources were right wing sites or christian sites and all the information came from the father.

The video goes onto explain that the father has been heading this campaign against the mother and a website dedicated to this holds a page of court documents that have a series of interviews between both the mother and father as well as cps and other officials where it is revealed that all the news articles reporting on this situation are cherry picking statements or glossing over facts such as the child saw 2 pediatricians, one who was an average pediatrician and another later on who is a transgender focused pediatrician, both of whom diagnosed the child with gender dysphoria. Other subjects like how the father sates the child never wants to wear girls clothing while visitng his house is proof of the mother forcing this situation, not mentioning the fact that he forbids girls clothing being kept in his house even though he says in official records that he doesn't mind if the child dresses as a girl.

tldr on the tldr: the kid is trans but the father refuses to believe that is the case and is heading a smear campaign against the mother and a liberal youtuber got caught up in the narrative which this video is trying to highlight.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
For a basic summary (I've only got through 28 minutes of it myself) its basically showing how people can be conned into reporting and believing a story when the source is only from one side. Eazy Ali did a video detailing a case where a mother forced her kid into identifying as transgender, and all the news sources were right wing sites or christian sites and all the information came from the father.

The video goes onto explain that the father has been heading this campaign against the mother and a website dedicated to this holds a page of court documents that have a series of interviews between both the mother and father as well as cps and other officials where it is revealed that all the news articles reporting on this situation are cherry picking statements or glossing over facts such as the child saw 2 pediatricians, one who was an average pediatrician and another later on who is a transgender focused pediatrician, both of whom diagnosed the child with gender dysphoria. Other subjects like how the father sates the child never wants to wear girls clothing while visitng his house is proof of the mother forcing this situation, not mentioning the fact that he forbids girls clothing being kept in his house even though he says in official records that he doesn't mind if the child dresses as a girl.

tldr on the tldr: the kid is trans but the father refuses to believe that is the case and is heading a smear campaign against the mother and a liberal youtuber got caught up in the narrative which this video is trying to highlight.
Thanks for the summary. I figured from the headline of "Liberal Mom Forces Son to be Transgender" that it was very likely the child was actually trans and someone besides the mom and child was trying to start shit. Sucks that it's the father, and that a liberal YouTuber got caught up in this.

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018

Basically. The YouTuber in question isn't that well-known, but the coverage so far has been completely one-sided against the mother with no nuanced cases until this video.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I watched the whole video, and it really makes me feel for the mother and Luna. The court transcripts alone prove that Luna is making the choice to present herself as a girl, and that the father is trying to prevent that due to religious reasons. It's incredibly depressing how the mother has been effectively demonized for simply doing what's best for her children, all because of a smear campaign against her.

I really urge everyone to watch the full thing. While you can get the jist of the video by the halfway point (and Corven has provided a good summery up to that point), the author goes into much more detail about the people involved with the original news story, and how they completely twisted it to control the media narrative.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I heard about this story and thought the fact i could only find conserative sources was really weird, glad someone did a deeper dive than me to actually find the truth

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I heard about this story and thought the fact i could only find conserative sources was really weird, glad someone did a deeper dive than me to actually find the truth
I was lucky I stumbled upon it after hearing about it in conservative talk radio. Hell, finding this thread was a hassle. Thankfully, more mainstream media sites are following this case.

I was hoping the issue would be resolved quietly, but the state government's involvement forced my hand. There's a good chance she'll lose the case due to AG shenanigans.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Damn.

Hopefully those bills mentioned in the article fail.

LGBT+ rights seem like they're deadlocked in Texas, we can't get progressive legislation passed but we also can't seem to pass discriminate legislation either.

Edit: also Abbot identifying the kid by name should be a massive red flag that he doesn't care about this family's privacy.

Last edited:

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017

Bless you.

Just imagine if people let others be? Imagine it.

Llyrwenne

Hopes and Dreams SAVE the World
Oct 26, 2017
Jury ruled 11 to 1 in favor of granting the mom sole custody of her daughter.
Judge overturned the jury decision and reverted to joint custody.

Earlier this week, a jury ruled 11-1 to give Georgulas sole custody. But that was before the issue was seized upon by multiple Texan conservatives who tweeted in support of Younger ahead of his appeal.
[...]
After the outcry from conservatives, a Texas judge on Thursday overturned the jury's decision and awarded both parents joint custody, giving Younger a say in medical decisions.

Pretty heartbreaking, this. Under public pressure, the judge has overturned the 11/12 ruling in favour of Luna's mum. Read the comment chain from @0xfordc0mma for more info.

I feel pretty attached to this case, and the last few days have been demoralising, to say the least.

A sad end to the week. Thanks to all of the conservative media coverage, conservative "activists", a conservative anti-LGBTQIA+ judge, an 11/12 jury ruling in favor of Anne having sole custody and decisions on Luna was overturned to allow the con father to have 50%. Anne will have obtain permission from Jeff to do any medical treatment or therapy for Luna. Also includes how Luna goes to school, where she goes to school, and even what she is to be called.

Fuck transphobes and fuck conservatives.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
I think it would be a terrible thing to "force" your kid to be transgender, but how likely would that even be if we were to take it at face value?

Like if someone told me to wear clothes not of my gender to school, I'd just go and change to whatever I felt comfortable in...

I know kids are more susceptible to influence and what not, but they also don't want to get bullied at school and so wouldn't CHOOSE to be transgender and get bullied.

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018

Voras

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Necro bump, but one that might have a happy ending:

news.yahoo.com

Court Awards Full Custody to James Younger’s Mother but Requires Permission for Puberty Blockers, Gender Surgeries

A Texas judge has granted full custody of eight-year-old James Younger to his mother, who has fought publicly to transition her son into a girl against the father's wishes.

With that said, it doesn't look like the right to consent extends to anything that will help the kid's transition.

That's good that the mother got custody but that article seems pretty transphobic, repeatedly deadnaming the child.

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
That's good that the mother got custody but that article seems pretty transphobic, repeatedly deadnaming the child.
I only found out about it through conservative circles. Yahoo News was the closest thing to mainstream news I could find and they basically referred a conservative site.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
seriously its so weirdly shitty that this one story seems to only have conservatives sources behind it which repeatedly misinform all the facts about this story. like why cant anyone do their job right in regards to this story?