• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since the remaster was also released for Switch, I really hope a potentially new one gets released for the console too.

It won't, as it will almost certainly target the base XB1 and PS4 systems. Or even XB2 and PS5 if it's far off.

Switch 2 is going to be a goldmine for Capcom re-releases though. That hardware will likely be at least as powerful as the base PS4 and Capcom is going to use that opportunity to re-launch every single XB1/PS4 game on the platform.

Deleted member 5593

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last time Capcom went in with new IPs, things didn't really work out. Even DD wasn't this big success like some think.
They have so many old IPs in their vault that bringing them back basically counts as a new IP. So why have the risk of a new IP when you can essentially have a new IP & a safety net with returning IPs in new forms or reboots.

Are you implying they don't have the talent to make new IP's? Because I don't see the reason to look at Capcom in a vacuum while so many other publishers out there that have their own successful & established IP's are knocking it out of the park trying new IP's this generation.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Shout out to those Switch only guys funding sequels to games they'll never get to play.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Are you implying they don't have the talent to make new IP's? Because I don't see the reason to look at Capcom in a vacuum while so many other publishers out there that have their own successful & established IP's are knocking it out of the park trying new IP's this generation.

Oh they definitely have the talent. But considering one of the biggest complaints on capcom currently is the lack of using their legacy IP (They've even said as much, saying that's their focus between new titles and ports). It make sense for Capcom to not bet on new IPs currently. The whole "capcom is back" talk wouldn't really be said as much if they were doing a bunch of new IPs (even of quality). The majority of talk would be "This game is cool, but where's Megaman" etc.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well this changes everything. Will buy Onimusha on Switch so next gen Onimusha can skip Nintendo's console.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Hey, Onimusha 1,2 and 3 all had main characters based on actors. It makes sense having a new entry with the new RE engine and the scanning technology they used in RE7, RE2 and DMC5. Also, 2019 is year of the samuraï !

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I mean it would seem like interest in those games is back in full force, with the hype for Ghost and Sekiro. Capcom would be a fool not to capitalize on that.

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
You know people are thirsty for fame and recognition when basic business sense is treated as insider rumours.

Deleted member 1777

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to see them have Takaya Kuroda (Kiryu Kazamas voice actor) do the face/voice for a new Onimusha as well if they do make one.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
There isn't anything specific in this tweet other than there are rumours.

Status
Not open for further replies.