• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
Yep, Capcom was clearly testing the waters with the remaster. RE Engine Onimusha would be amazing.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Another vague tweet.

Of course if you want a sequel to something you need to support a product. I'm not sure what is a revelation there.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Onimusha definitely needs to come back, it has a lot of potential. However I hope they follow in the style of the first game rather than plunge in the action sequels.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
so you're saying that if a game in a series sells super well they think about doing another one of those? that's incredible insight.

Akiller

Oct 25, 2017
Shocking news.CapcomERA's been speculating on this for months.The clues are there.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Excluding Dragon's Dogma, I kinda surprised CAPCOM didn't try an Onimusha Souls yet or something like that.

Team Ninja already run ahead of them with Ni-Oh & From with Sekiro.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He goes into a lot more details on his podcast but the idea is Capcom is planning on remastering more Onimusha and making a new one if this game sells.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Well I guess the news of Onimusha's remaster selling well should bode well for its future.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
It'd be pretty weird of them to re-release the first game and then just stop there.

Deleted member 3894

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RE Engine Onimusha.

tenor.gif

Amnixia

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Would be cool, but I kinda fear buying the remaster on Switch only to see the new game be PS4/X1.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Since the remaster was also released for Switch, I really hope a potentially new one gets released for the console too.
Unfortunately, especially with Capcom, that's not how it works. The Switch version could be by far the best selling version and, based on past behavior, Capcom would come out with a new game for anything but the Switch. Then watch the excuses range anywhere between 'this can not run on the Switch" to "we are still figuring out how to do something for the way the Switch works". RE4 sold great on Wii. What did Capcom do? Made yet another RE lightgun game for the Wii.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
I hate feeling pressured to buy games immediately. They just dropped RE2R which is eating up my time.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I actually thought Capcom would rerelease some of the sequels before they actually begin working on a brand new Onimusha game.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I would say there's definitely a chance of a new Onimusha having switch as the lead system. It really depends on what their ideas for a new game would be.
Especially when you consider Oni seems to be the biggest IP where no one on this forum knows what to do with it. They just want it.

Playsage

Oct 25, 2017
I thought people were already speculating that new Onimusha was one of the next announcement and already well into development

He's kinda late on this one

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
I feel like remasters aren't a great metric. I love Onimusha, I'm not buying the remaster as I've already played it. I would absolutely buy a new Onimusha.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I did my part. I want more Onimusha!

Would love to see a remaster of the 2 and 3, then maybe a reboot or something.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I want a new Onimusha badly, but nothing of what I've seen of that "remaster" makes me want to buy it

Sesha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
If Capcom's behavior the past 4 years regarding re-releases and sequels is any indication, a new Onimusha is already in the works. RE7, DMC5, DR4, MvC:I and more were all preceded by remasters and ports while the new games were in development. Capcom hasn't been doing "the test" for years now.

Tonton

Oct 25, 2017
"""Insider""" says vague shit about what might or might not happen if people do or do not do thing

This shit is worse than Horoscope predictions

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Read the title as "Liam Neeson: "a lot of interesting rumours about Capcom" Re: Onimusha" and did a double take.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I bought the remaster for the Switch and will buy anything they put out on Switch. But yeah I'm not betting on them putting it on Switch if they make a new one.

Deleted member 5593

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another sequel huh?

Has Capcom even made 1 new IP this generation? RE2R and RE7 were GOTY material but I'd still rather have had new IP's from them. The last thing I can remember is Dragon's Dogma 7 years ago.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
"Testing the waters" with HD port of original, great. The gameplay feels weird because of the camera style. Anyway, people who like this would say "Sure, I want a totally different version of this, cause I like it!"? Because it's obvious if they make a new one the gameplay / camera will be different.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Another sequel huh?

Has Capcom even made 1 new IP this generation? RE2R and RE7 were GOTY material but I'd still rather have had new IP's from them. The last thing I can remember is Dragon's Dogma 7 years ago.

Last time Capcom went in with new IPs, things didn't really work out. Even DD wasn't this big success like some think.
They have so many old IPs in their vault that bringing them back basically counts as a new IP. So why have the risk of a new IP when you can essentially have a new IP & a safety net with returning IPs in new forms or reboots.

Status
Not open for further replies.