• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
how do we even know that he changed?

because he failed to murder anyone IRL?

where is his apology?

Fedeuy

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Bingo!!!

He say clearly that his "primal insticts" take over on him because he wanted revenge and when his mind cleared was ashemad for himself, for his weaknes. And because of this he can understand that form of impulse for violence.
I imagine that we all can learn something for this story.
That only happens in anime, and you know it.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah.... Fuck this guy. Could have easily been one of the skin heads that jumped on me, so no "So Brave™" praise from me.

Oct 27, 2017
I've had similar thoughts about white people. It's terrible and more than a little weird to admit to in a press-junket but I can't say I'm outraged by it. The journalist should definitely have questioned him more on the racism behind those feelings and ask him if he truly understood how terrible it was.

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Excusing racism and history of severe infractions
If you ever wanted to kill black people just cause one black person did something fucked up, you can go jump off a bridge I don't give a fuck what growth you think you had.

That is sad and I legit feel sorry for you. I hope as you get older your feelings change.

Oct 26, 2017
It's a reactionary hatred and without a specific person to aim it at he locked onto the only identifying thing he knew, which was the colour of the person's skin. The anger diffused and he came to his senses.

His reaction to it clearly bothers him given that he recalls it clearly after decades.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
He is saying it as something he was ashamed of and distressed that he ever felt that way. It is still a fucked up sentiment to possess.

This press junket was neither the time nor the place to speak about such a delicate issue however and it comes off really brass.

Telling black people that they should forgive him and shouldn't "cancel" him is not a good look. You can argue for change and whatever you want but those thoughts are historically dangerous and to this day still exist and threaten them. They're well within their rights to hate anyone who possessed those thoughts.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
It's fine he made air quotes around "black person" when he said it

checks article again:

sorry, "black bastard"

Oct 26, 2017
How fucking stupid do you have to be to even say this in an interview in the first place?

Granted, dumbass people are going to defend him regardless but it's still a horrible PR move.

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yikes. At least we get a chance to talk about the bullshit concept of "post-judice" where people claim they are only racist because they had an actual bad experience with a person of whatever race.

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I don't see the issue here. He admited that even he used to have racist piece of shit side of him, at one point in his life. Luckily he didn't murder anyone and he got better himself.
What bothers me is the "punish the race for the actions of one" mentality he and so many racists have. There are just so many white folk out there looking for ANY excuse to put us down like animals for no reason, and the fact that Neeson is saying he was one of them like it's just another goof you can grow from and not something that is existentially terrifying is so fucked up.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yikes at that interview. Was he just trying to get his guilt off his chest?

How long ago was all of this happening? Willing to give him the benefit of the doubt depending how long ago it was. I do believe people can change, despite how dark his thoughts and actions were. Knew people who were on just as dark a road, but pulled back and became better people.

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That is sad and I legit feel sorry for you. I hope as you get older your feelings change.

You're not going to bait me into cussing you straight out for not giving a white man who admitted to wanting to enact indiscriminate revenge on black people a fucking pass because he's sorry about it.

I'm not going to be sorry for that.

FreeMufasa

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
LOOOL of course not here dude.
People can't change or be filled with shame and regret for their past actions.
That's why everyone here should be against prison reform, to make sure that all those people locked up stay in jail forever, because they'll never change and we don't give second chances.

Can you and a bunch of other posters in this thread not grasp why black members here are startled and not be so quick to say " it's all good, we forgive ya, past is the past".....?

Neeson " yeah I wanted to kill a random black dude 30 years ago"

Black posters "wtf...that's all levels of fucked up..."

Other posters "hey man wth is wrong with you guys, it was in the past, forgive it. I swear people just don't give anyone chances anymore"

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
How fucking stupid do you have to be to even say this in an interview in the first place?

Granted, dumbass people are going to defend him regardless but it's still a horrible PR move.
maybe he is so ashamed he just doesn't care? he acknowledged when telling the story how damaging for him it could be, he told it anyway

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Liam: "I really wanted to go around and just hoping a nigger would try something so I could shank him. But that was in the past, I'm better now"

ResetEra: "Such growth, so admirable. Good for him for not wanting to kill niggers anymore"

Mark Walhberg too... I can't stand him in anything. Everything about the man screams fake and "forget that I blinded a person".

Insane thing to just talk about in an interview like this.

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine, IMAGINE, being non black and "accepting" the "growth" of a white man who wanted to kill black people for his revenge fantasy. Imagine thinking you even have the RIGHT to do so

Y'all are so transparent.

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
I think what he's trying to say is that anger hate and the lust for revenge are toxic and fuck and this is how he grew from his own experience with it. He's trying to be a lesson to people.

Not sure I would say fuck him for that. Yeah what he did was fucking awful and if he'd gone through with it there would be no forgiveness but coming out and explaining a brush he had with toxic masculinity and emphasizing that that shit doesn't fly I think is...I dunno, refreshing?

Maybe I'm reading it wrong or maybe as a woman I've had too many brushes with toxic masculinity that went way father than that to be able to speak on the subject with clear eyes.

I dunno.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never mind. I'm better off not sharing my opinion. We obviously can't.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even know what the point of him saying that was like I don't even know what went on or the moral of the story or just, the fuck?

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017

Oh fuck off with your patronizing

You talking all this shit and you ain't the one that has to deal with others hating you for your skincolor outright.

Were expected now to have to commend and celebrate someone who has decided to "grow" from the low end of killing someone because they were black....

How fucking commendable....

While I'm out here dealing with people who never had to stoop so low. Classic white liberal bullshit.

Your ass never has to be in the mud but wanna tell everyone what they have to tolerate and who's acting mature.

You're a 🤡

I ain't fucking stupid, I can very well empathize his anger and why he came to feel that way... It's still a shit emotion to where he never had to stoop so low. He was better off not telling the story

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I've had similar thoughts about white people. It's terrible and more than a little weird to admit to in a press-junket but I can't say I'm outraged by it.

I'd be interested to see how many people posting in this thread have had these sort of thoughts. Cus I feel like that would be affecting people's opinions on it.

Cus attacking strangers should not be a normal or justifiable reaction.

EkStatiC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greece
User Banned (Permanent): Antagonising other members. History of dismissing concerns surrounding racism.
That only happens in anime, and you know it.
Except Death note i haven't see other anime so i don't know what you are talking about.
Advice
Try to make real connections with others and you will learn that no one is good or bad and pretty much everyone have done things that are ashamed for, there are no saints in our world.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Are we really comparing thoughts with outright violent actions now?

Just so far that now I'm going to be think about a young liam nelson stalking around looking for someone to beat the shit out of, just as I always think of a young walhberg blinding someone and his fake Christian shit. Its something I think about, probably will the next time I see him in a film.

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

it's not stupidity.

why would this be stupid? his peers are out here raping kids and getting standing ovations, at least he didn't actually harm anyone physically... that we know of...

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I don't even know what the point of him saying that was like I don't even know what went on or the moral of the story or just, the fuck?
The point he seems to be making is that he feels ashamed about his past thoughts and feelings, and that revenge isn't the answer.

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
I'd be interested to see how many people posting in this thread have had these sort of thoughts. Cus I feel like that would be affecting people's opinions on it.

Cus attacking strangers should not be a normal or justifiable reaction.
I've never had that thought specifically, but people looking for a fight to blow of steam is pretty common

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
Yeah this is some internal monologue shit, not something you drop during a fucking press tour.

It's probably something that has been slowly eating him up inside. Bottle shit up like that long enough and you'll eventually pop. I stole a pencil when I was 8 and that shit still haunts me.

But yeah, not really the best time.

If you ever wanted to kill black people just cause one black person did something fucked up, you can go jump off a bridge I don't give a fuck what growth you think you had.

Man, there was a time in my life when I wanted to kill every white kid I came across because a gang of skinheads jumped me and shattered my kneecaps with baseball bats. They topped that off with piss and threatened to do the same to my little sister if I reported them too. I was in a dark place for a good 2-3 months back then while also blind to all the white folks that helped me recover. Anger does that to you.

I'm not excusing Neeson and it doesn't look like he's excusing himself either. Anger and revenge can poison you and that's what he's trying to say imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.