• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
Geforce Game Ready Driver 441.08 https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/152968/en-us
  • Adds support for GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER GPU
  • Adds support for image-sharpening from NVIDIA Control Panel
    • Added Image Sharpening control to the NVIDIA Control Panel->Manage 3D Settings page.
      • Increases the level of sharpness, detail, or clarity of images in games and applications
  • Adds support for G-SYNC compatibility with NVIDIA Ultra Low Latency Mode
    • Added Ultra Low Latency G-SYNC+ V-Sync feature
      • Provides tear-free, low-latency gaming using G-SYNC displays.
        • To enable, set Low Latency Mode to Ultra, turn on V-Sync, and enable the G-SYNC display.
  • Adds support for 7 new G-SYNC compatible monitors
  • Adds support for ReShade filters within GeForce Experience
  • Adds support for HDMI 2.1 VRR.
Interesting change log, they added support for HDMI 2.1 VRR,
but how can it be used when the GPUs only have hardware wise max HDMI 2.0b?
I know that is also for the LG G SYNC update.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
My B6 feels so dated rn, even though I love it.

Might have to come up with a reason to upgrade.

Oct 25, 2017
Geforce Game Ready Driver 441.08 https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/152968/en-us
  • Adds support for GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER GPU
  • Adds support for image-sharpening from NVIDIA Control Panel
    • Added Image Sharpening control to the NVIDIA Control Panel->Manage 3D Settings page.
      • Increases the level of sharpness, detail, or clarity of images in games and applications
  • Adds support for G-SYNC compatibility with NVIDIA Ultra Low Latency Mode
    • Added Ultra Low Latency G-SYNC+ V-Sync feature
      • Provides tear-free, low-latency gaming using G-SYNC displays.
        • To enable, set Low Latency Mode to Ultra, turn on V-Sync, and enable the G-SYNC display.
  • Adds support for 7 new G-SYNC compatible monitors
  • Adds support for ReShade filters within GeForce Experience
  • Adds support for HDMI 2.1 VRR.
Nice, I can finally update from my beta driver.
G-Sync is damn amazing on the C9.
I don't think I can go back to my PS4 Pro again x)

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way

I upgraded my C6 to the C9 this year. The C6 was wonderful but I have no regrets. HDR handling, latency, 120hz and VRR are massive improvements for the C9. Not to mention it'll support 120hz at native 4k soon too. Currently I play 2D platformers at 1440p/120hz and the motion clarity is insane compared to 60hz, more CRT-like without motion blur (really noticeable especially on 2D games). Playing games at 4k/120hz is going to be insane albeit for the latest games that won't be on Ultra settings even on my 2080 Ti! Roll on the 3080 Ti :)

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017

I also have a B6

...and everytime I see these headlines, I always wonder if it's worth it for me.

I paid 2500 bucks for this tv, and it seems crazy to replace it after 3-4 years, but I am kinda itching at the thought.

Maybe I just wait til next year and have a very expensive "Holiday" with a new console and new TV.

Oct 25, 2017
BTW: Don't forget to enable V-Sync in the Nvidia control panel and cap the framerate to 117 FPS.
Took me a bit to get it working right.

ZaddyMattty

Dec 4, 2017
New York City
I just got the C9, how should I take advantage of this? Use my TV as my computer monitor? If so, what games should I try and is a GTX 1080 good enough to run?

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
I also have a B6

...and everytime I see these headlines, I always wonder if it's worth it for me.

I paid 2500 bucks for this tv, and it seems crazy to replace it after 3-4 years, but I am kinda itching at the thought.

Maybe I just wait til next year and have a very expensive "Holiday" with a new console and new TV.
Same here. I have the B6 and wonder should I pick up a 9 series OLED or 10 with HDMI 2.1.
I want a TV that will pair well with next-gen consoles.

Last edited:

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Why enable V-Sync for G-Sync?

Here's a post from another topic earlier today:
Frame rate limiters cannot do the job of V-Sync.
V-Sync guarantees that the frame rate cannot exceed the maximum refresh rate supported by the display.
Frame rate limiters try to prevent the frame rate going above the limit you set, but cannot guarantee it.

If you only use a frame rate limiter, there are times when there will be screen tearing on a VRR display, if the frame rate is within ~20% of the maximum refresh rate.
That's the reason you combine the two. You keep V-Sync enabled as a hard limit, and the frame rate limiter as a soft limit slightly below the maximum refresh rate, to keep latency consistently low.

The only way someone's experience may differ is if they don't notice the screen tearing when it happens. Tearing can be less visible at higher refresh rates.
As has been said many times in this topic, the best thing to do is enable V-Sync on the global profile in the driver, so that it doesn't matter whether it is enabled or disabled in games; some games are better with it enabled/disabled.
This is how G-Sync was originally intended to be used - there was no option to disable V-Sync until AMD included that option with FreeSync due their lack of a low frame rate compensation feature, and NVIDIA added it for parity.
Personally, I think it was a mistake for them to have done this. They should have explained to people why it is that G-Sync requires V-Sync enabled to work properly, instead of making it optional - and not even the default setting. It needlessly complicates things instead of just being plug-and-play.

TLDR: They're supposed to work together. G-Sync does not replace the need for V-Sync.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
BTW: Don't forget to enable V-Sync in the Nvidia control panel and cap the framerate to 117 FPS.
Took me a bit to get it working right.
With this driver you can try and use NV's Ultra Low Latency + vsync + Gsync instead of capping the framerate.

Why enable V-Sync for G-Sync?
Without vsync a game may run out of gsync window when it will run at higher fps than your display's maximum refresh rate (i.e. faster than 120 fps on a 120 Hz display) and this will lead to tearing.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Here's a post from another topic earlier today:

TLDR: They're supposed to work together. G-Sync does not replace the need for V-Sync.
Great, very useful thanks for that. So how do I know my 2080 Ti has recognised that my display (C9) is G-Sync compatible and confirm that it is definitely outputting in VRR? I'll be giving the new drivers a try tonight.

dsk1210

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh UK
Might upgrade my B6 when the C9 is on offer at some point, let me know how the g-sync is working for you all please.

Last edited:

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Will the B9 get gsync support or is it only for the C9? Would like to save a couple hundred if possible....
Edit nvm read the OP. That's kind of a bummer it's not going to the B9

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Will the B9 get gsync support or is it only for the C9? Would like to save a couple hundred if possible....
Edit nvm read the OP. That's kind of a bummer it's not going to the B9
Anyone with a b9 try to force it?

We've worked closely with LG to also bring G-SYNC Compatible support to their 2019 B9 4K OLED TVs, taking the number of supported LG TVs to 7.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Another question sorry....will gsync support work with Pascal cards or do i need an RTX card for it to work? searched on Reddit and seeing nothing.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So my C9 has the 4.70.05 update and my Titan Xp has the 441.08 update and I do not see any extra options for Enabling GSync anywhere like I do on my computer monitor.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah it's fine. I'm patiently waiting for the 3000 series. Hopefully it supports HDMI 2.1 so I can get the 4K120 goodness.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've seen someone report that they can enable Gsync on Samsung 65NU8000 but they claimed there's blanking when VRR kicks in. Too bad there are no other reports as of now from Samsung TV owners.

BACF158.png

twisted89

Oct 27, 2017
So my C9 has the 4.70.05 update and my Titan Xp has the 441.08 update and I do not see any extra options for Enabling GSync anywhere like I do on my computer monitor.
Same here, no gsync option. Can anyone confirm they're actually using the c9 with gsync on the latest (non beta) drivers?

XxLeonV

Nov 8, 2017
I'm jealous. I got the C7 and would love these features. I been playing MW at 120fps but only at 1080 since the C7 can't do higher framerates with any Res above 1080.

twisted89

Oct 27, 2017
Had to clean drivers using DDU then reinstall 441.08, finally showed up.
Can't see a low latency option in the control panel though, is this not supported?

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great news Samsung TV owners!!! I've seen multiple reports on Reddit from Samsung NU8000 and RU8000 owners that Gsync works fine! Although some people report black screen flickering, which could mean this might be driver issue or Samsung needs to release updated firmware to fully support Nvidias implementations, just like LG did. But at least things are moving in the right direction.

Yup - no blacking out or flickering issues. Ultimate mode is on (my TV settings) - gsync is on - fully working.
I even a/b'd it - it is definitely working (I have the NU8000 82in - the difference is significant in motion). I also had gsync monitors for a few years before, so I am aware of the differences.

Last edited:

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
Gotta test this asap serious Sam!!!
Great news Samsung TV owners!!! I've seen multiple reports on Reddit from Samsung NU8000 and RU8000 owners that Gsync works fine! Although some people report black screen flickering, which could mean this might be driver issue or Samsung needs to release updated firmware to fully support Nvidias implementations, just like LG did. But at least things are moving in the right direction.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Finally pulled the trigger on the C9 after seeing it was on sale, damn this thread! 😂

Now to sell my B6 to recoup some of the cost, can't wait!

OP
OP

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
I know people say this works now and also refer to LG's latest firmware update but there's nothing in the release notes for that firmware update that says anything about gsync support so there should still be another update coming?