• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Sai

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Happy pride, my babes 🥰 my boyfriends and I celebrated our first anniversary last night out at a nice restaurant and it was surreal and wonderful.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Happy Pride. Been hanging in there. I hope to have some good news this weekend, but still waiting on my job reopening. Hope everyone else is doing well.

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
Gay PoC, how do you get over being rejected solely because of your race? Being a black* bottom genuinely feels like a curse. I'm usually ignored (some people feel the need to reach out and SPECIFICALLY state that they ignored me because of my skin color/race), and when I'm not, I get weird fetish shit like "top me with your BBC 😍"

Loving myself is kind of getting harder by the day, if I'm being honest. I'm just tired.

*I'm actually a brown skinned Arab, but people always assume I'm black so I go with that. Most Arabs (in media and IRL) have Caucasian presenting features, so people are always puzzled when I tell them I'm Arab lmao

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Just want to make sure: Queer is an appropriate umbrella term to use right? Even if Im not gay? I say "queer community" because it's what I see in academia

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Just want to make sure: Queer is an appropriate umbrella term to use right? Even if Im not gay? I say "queer community" because it's what I see in academia
It depends from person to person.

Some peeps like me prefer queer, others prefer LGBTQ+, others still prefer Gay.

For me Queer fits better as gay only covers my attraction to women but not men and nonbinary peeps and is easier to say, but I'll use what people prefer too. c:

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

Some in the queer community don't like for those outside of the community to use the word queer due to the history of the word, so be mindful of that. If you're not queer yourself, I think it'd be best to go with LGBTQ or LGBTQIA+ instead when referring to the community.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Some in the queer community don't like for those outside of the community to use the word queer due to the history of the word, so be mindful of that. If you're not queer yourself, I think it'd be best to go with LGBTQ or LGBTQIA+ instead when referring to the community.
Thanks. What if it's in academic contexts? I am reading queer in academic texts, which is why I ask.

I feel something like LBGTQ leaves others out. I tend to include 2S as well, but it's a mouthful, so I was wondering if queer was acceptable as a better umbrella.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
As someone who spent quite a few years in academia I suggest not using the terms they use to describe a group of people. Most of the time they're wrong because it isn't decided by the groups who are being referenced. I'd go with LGBTQIA+ community.

As for academic papers and such. I'd ask the professor what they prefer. Unfortunately a lot of things you just have to go with in academia.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. What if it's in academic contexts? I am reading queer in academic texts, which is why I ask.

I feel something like LBGTQ leaves others out. I tend to include 2S as well, but it's a mouthful, so I was wondering if queer was acceptable as a better umbrella.

The + at the end of LGBTQIA+ is meant to represent all the other identities (Pan, Omni, 2S, etc) that didn't get their own letter.

As for the academia question, I honestly don't know. 🤷‍♂️ i am not an academia person 😔

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who spent quite a few years in academia I suggest not using the terms they use to describe a group of people. Most of the time they're wrong because it isn't decided by the groups who are being referenced. I'd go with LGBTQIA+ community.

As for academic papers and such. I'd ask the professor what they prefer. Unfortunately a lot of things you just have to go with in academia.
That's interesting-- even if the academia is by and about the LGBTQ+ community?

I feel like in Canada, 2S is included by default, so its LGBTQ2S+. But if 2S is part of the "+", can I just say "LGBTQ+"?

I also read that it's okay to use queer if you're okay defending why you use it, but I'm not gay, so I guess it felt like a bad idea to get into that potential scenario where I'm defending the use of a word that I do not really claim.

Is LGBT Community not favoured? Does it all really matter as long as intent is good? I do wish there was a more general umbrella term like queer, but less controversial. I like using queer because young people use it, and because it doesn't exclude others. But obviously growing up, it was a slur (grew up in 90s/early 00s)

Is this also a generational thing? I feel like while older generations are against using queer, it seems younger folks are okay with it?

Thx for the other people's responses too

Edit: I feel like I'll stick with LGBTQ+ if queer is unacceptable/super controversial. Alternatively, if the scenario calls for it, I'll just ask the people

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2019
I'm pretty set in my ways with saying LGBT+. The + is doing increasingly more work, but the full suite is the most cumbersome initialism I have ever uttered 😂

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
Happy Pride everyone! Breakups are weird, but I'm glad things can end up amicably. There's still stuff about myself that makes me sad, but hopefully everyday things will get better and better.

Hope everyone is having a great pride month

Ambitious

Oct 26, 2017
Got harassed twice last week while I was out wearing a Pride bag.

The first time was a random guy in a car yelling at me to "get the fuck home", the second time was a group of teenagers mocking and insulting me. Fucking little shits.

grumpybat

Apr 12, 2021
USA
Got harassed twice last week while I was out wearing a Pride bag.

The first time was a random guy in a car yelling at me to "get the fuck home", the second time was a group of teenagers mocking and insulting me. Fucking little shits.
Sorry to hear that. Wouldn't it be amazing if people could just mind their own damn business?

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Don't know what to make of this…

So a new guy at work who's gay, been there over half a year now. We started getting on and I've got on really well for a while now, we've been for walks together, we chat outside of work daily. Hes recently moved in to a new house, I got an invite. We just get on…

It was his birthday earlier this week. I asked him last week if he wanted to meet up, I bought him a present and card which he knew about, so I could give them to him. Maybe have a take away delivered. He said he'd have a look when he was free (he was supposed to be doing something with his BF the day before). He never got back to me on that one. So I asked a day before his birthday if I could just pop round with his gift but he said he had a carpet getting fitted so he'd let me know when it was done. Got no text further from him that day. I text him happy birthday on the day, again asking him if he had any time and I could pop round. He said he would. Again, no further text that day. He sends me an S streak pic on SC the day after and nothing else. No apology he's busy or anything. We havent spoke at all since tbh and I'm really pissed off and annoyed I've bought him something and he doesn't seem interested and now gone silent.

I'm off this week so I won't see him at work until next week. But that's just going to be awkward. I just can't understand folk. Wanted to celebrate his birthday and I get fucked over and now going to have to send his gift back but be out of pocket. Feels like I tried to do something nice and caring and got slapped in the face.

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry to read that, i hope you are OK.
It could be that he had a hard discussion with his boyfriend, because the other guy is jealous just because you both are friends. Also that he might be scared that you want to be more than friends and he doesn't know how to tell you. Or even there might be other reasons that have nothing to do with you and he's having a bad time.

You could write or call him telling him that you are worried because he does not talk to you any more. Tell him that if you did anything wrong that he didn't like, that you are sorry and would like to know what you did so you do not do it never again (if it's not you, he'll let you know). Tell him you don't want to lose him as a friend, and propose him to chat at work during coffee break for example.

I hope you both can get along again soon.

Nov 27, 2019
I'm a lead on the D&I committee at work. We only started up this year and it's been a slog to swim upstream against techbro culture, but thankfully my place of employment seems to be a bit better than the median tech company, maybe? Like there are three openly NB people in my department alone, another two that I know of in engineering, and who knows how many other LGBT+ beside. Still, we get a lot of noise of support from the C Suite, but material support has been sparse.

This is our first Pride Month that we're doing anything for, and it hasn't been a complete disaster so far, but there's a fair amount of stuff that we couldn't get done for upper management hemming and hawing and outright rejecting. Like we didn't even get a rainbow logo or banner for the month. Even companies that freely donate to political parties and organizations who are explicitly anti-LGBT+ managed to do that much, but it's like we're struggling to rise to the level of performative wokeness. I got roped into giving a brief presentation about the history of pride month and one of the CEOs who shot down the rainbow logo was using it as his Teams background, so that got a side eye and a half from me. They're all just super supportive until we come with any ask that's more than "can we send an email about this to the company?" and even that has to go through approval.

What really grinds my gears, though, was this one guy on the committee at large (it's open to anyone who wants to join) who wanted to know if we were going to do anything to recognize Father's Day, and when it turned out that we had nothing planned, he said he was "disappointed" that we had nine days of Pride Month activities, but nothing for Father's Day. This guy's been a bad faith actor from the start and can't help but notice he didn't say a word when we didn't do anything for Mother's Day and managed to let Black History Month and Women's History Month slip by us without us being able to get our feet under us. Frankly I'm surprised it's taken him this long to start with false equivalences and attempts at baiting us in to arguments about how sexist it is to not celebrate white men in the workplace or some shit.

Fuck I'm tired.

Like the hat?

Oct 25, 2017
I've been on a whirlwind of self discovery lately. Coming to understand that I am autistic which I thought might explain part of why I have pretty infrequent interest in any sort of sexual experiences. It seems like for everyone else, sex and sexual experiences are like THE motivating factor in their entire life and I never felt that way, but I have had interest occasionally and find women to be attractive, so I never considered myself asexual even though I felt like I in general tend that way (it's been a sticking point with my wife and I over the years. I'm just often disinterested in sex which led to her feeling like I wasn't attracted to her, etc etc etc)

Anyway this is my roundabout way of saying I think gray asexual really does describe me and helps me to understand that I'm not a big fucking weirdo for not wanting to have sex all the time.

Now I need to try to get over my feeling of being an impostor by trying to find a label that fits me (it has likewise been a long struggle for me to identify as autistic for similar reasons)

Thirteen

Mar 22, 2021
I've been on a whirlwind of self discovery lately. Coming to understand that I am autistic which I thought might explain part of why I have pretty infrequent interest in any sort of sexual experiences. It seems like for everyone else, sex and sexual experiences are like THE motivating factor in their entire life and I never felt that way, but I have had interest occasionally and find women to be attractive, so I never considered myself asexual even though I felt like I in general tend that way (it's been a sticking point with my wife and I over the years. I'm just often disinterested in sex which led to her feeling like I wasn't attracted to her, etc etc etc)

Anyway this is my roundabout way of saying I think gray asexual really does describe me and helps me to understand that I'm not a big fucking weirdo for not wanting to have sex all the time.

Now I need to try to get over my feeling of being an impostor by trying to find a label that fits me (it has likewise been a long struggle for me to identify as autistic for similar reasons)
I only recently lost my virginity. Did it like 5 times in a couple of months. After taking a break for a month.. I don't miss it? Nor do I crave it much. I still regularly masturbate though.

Intercourse is overrated, but intimacy is amazing.

NeoBasch

Banned
Sep 17, 2020
Hey, Era!
  • Your gender? Your sexual identity?
    • Cis male
  • Your sexual orientation?
    • Gay
  • Where Are You From?
    • Sioux Falls, SD
  • Where Do You Live?
    • United States
  • How Old Are you?
  • Favorite Type of Music?
    • Pop, rock, Country, hip-hop, rap, R&B, metal, alternatives, classical, soundtracks
  • Profession or Career interest?
    • Software Engineer for now. May try my hand in the gaming industry or as a writer one day.
  • Favorite video game(s)?
    • Uncharted 2, Shadow of the Colossus, Ico, Grandia 2, Persona 3, Persona 4, Xenoblade Chronicles, Xenoblade Chronicles X, 999, Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2, Mass Effect, Mass Effect 3, Alan Wake, Heavy Rain, and Final Fantasy VIII.
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming)?
    • Movies, TV shows, books, manga, comics, anime, board games, disc golf, hiking, swimming, biking, playing with my dogs.
If I could have one wish it would be to find another kindred soul, but that is proving impossibly hard. I hate being single. Haven't been anything but. Don't want to rush it either. Wish my pool was bigger though. -_- Loneliness sucks. At least it's a motivating factor for me to do something about it. 😀

Nov 27, 2019
Sending up a quick signal flare in the hopes that someone can lend an assist on short notice:

Circling back to my last post about the guy who sent out the Father's Day email, well, yesterday he attended the D&I Committee meeting (that was scheduled well outside his working hours) and immediately attempted to hijack it to complain about things being "political." This guy is being very textbook about using coded language and plausible deniability to launder his ideology as seemingly reasonable opinions, but while it is starkly transparent to me, I'm having difficulty convincing my fellow committee leads that this is something that we need to take seriously because he is absolutely not engaging us in good faith and is going to do nothing but undermine us at every turn. Does anyone have a link to a good resource that breaks down these kinds of tactics so I can take it to the rest of the committee leads and HR? I know there's the Alt-Right Playbook series on YouTube, but I'm hoping for something a bit more digestible.

EDIT: NVM, was successful in getting him booted :D

Last edited:

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Maaan i just didn't only found one of my uni crushes in Tinder, he's actually on an open relationship with another dude.

This is so bizarre. I'm in the "do you mean i have chances now?" Mood lmao.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
As of last night, I am engaged! Expecting to be the one to pop the question in a few weeks time, I was caught very much by surprise :)

Last edited:

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I'm so fucking angry at a friend. He's just started talking to this guy he randomly met on fb (cause he liked his photos). He was in a relationship at the time but since ended said relationship, only for this fb guy to move in with him suddenly, who's from 100miles away. Guys got no job so friend is practically paying for all his needs and friends just took out a phone contract for him. All whilst not paying for any of this. Angry just doesn't cut it. I actually just want to end my friendship with him over this. Fucking stupid kid. Gonna end in disaster for him.

Thirteen

Mar 22, 2021
I'm so fucking angry at a friend. He's just started talking to this guy he randomly met on fb (cause he liked his photos). He was in a relationship at the time but since ended said relationship, only for this fb guy to move in with him suddenly, who's from 100miles away. Guys got no job so friend is practically paying for all his needs and friends just took out a phone contract for him. All whilst not paying for any of this. Angry just doesn't cut it. I actually just want to end my friendship with him over this. Fucking stupid kid. Gonna end in disaster for him.
I was in a similar situation. The guy was my friend, but not too close of a friend. He wanted me to be his best friend. He figured out I was gay on his own and accepted me. Even people who knew me much better and longer didn't know that nor do I expect them to accept me. I made him my best friend.

I am still his best friend, and he is probably still willing to fight his literal brother for me. But after the dent he made to my bank account I've learned my lesson. The worst part is that he wanted me as a best friend and genuinely likes me, the abuse of our friendship was merely coincidental and convenient.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So i met a dude via Tinder… we really connected a lot! Yesterday i called him and we talked like an hour or more in the afternoon. It made me happy, he's as nerdy as i am too so we have a lot of shit to talk about.

i don't know, i know i need to be careful, but it's hard for me not to get invested. We'll meet like in a week or so, so that should be interesting. Any tips for a first date? And like, first date ever in my life? I'm 27 and i've never been to one…

Leo

Oct 27, 2017

I like queer, it's simple and effective, I wish it was more agreed upon.

The fact that the LGBTQIA+ acronym is always changing and becoming bigger and bigger completely defeats the purpose of an acronym in the first place, and it's specially bad when it flies over more cishet people's heads even if they're genuinely trying to understand it. Hell, I'm gay and i just found out in this page there is already another form of the acronym i had never heard about.

The controversy around "queer" shouldn't be a controversy imo because we have appropriated the term and that shows our strength as a community. In Brazil, where I live, many slurs that were previously used to refer to gay people in a derogatory way have been reappropriated by the community and now have very positive connotations, and their use as slurs have diminished a lot.

But that's just me of course, the community is made of so many complex individuals and that's what makes this wonderful and difficult at the same time haha

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY
So i met a dude via Tinder… we really connected a lot! Yesterday i called him and we talked like an hour or more in the afternoon. It made me happy, he's as nerdy as i am too so we have a lot of shit to talk about.

i don't know, i know i need to be careful, but it's hard for me not to get invested. We'll meet like in a week or so, so that should be interesting. Any tips for a first date? And like, first date ever in my life? I'm 27 and i've never been to one…

I went on my very first date at 31, so I can recall my own nervousness! In your case, having already spoken for a while on the phone broke the ice, so the rest should be easy 😉
You matched on tinder and seem to have a good amount in common, as long as you don't wet your pants or, uhh, accidentally push him into oncoming traffic, then I think you'll be in good shape. Is there a specific plan for the meeting or just winging it?

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I went on my very first date at 31, so I can recall my own nervousness! In your case, having already spoken for a while on the phone broke the ice, so the rest should be easy 😉
You matched on tinder and seem to have a good amount in common, as long as you don't wet your pants or, uhh, accidentally push him into oncoming traffic, then I think you'll be in good shape. Is there a specific plan for the meeting or just winging it?

Yeah! talking on the phone has really helped! we've had some good laughs and deep conversations by phone so it's been really nice.

Well we are both huge geeks so we want to meet up to play switch, and watch the kimetsu no yaiba movie... So that's the plan i feel.

In other news, yesterday i came out to my mother. I just woke up in the middle of the night (like 3 AM) and decided that i was done with living like this so i went to her room and we had a heartfelt talk about it! She reacted very positively so it went well, i am giving her some space now because she's dealing with it and i can feel she's sad and is going through like a mourning process... But with time everything will come back to normal...

I will tell my brother soon i think. i feel relieved...

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Spoilers because it's maybe tmi…
I just created a really awkward moment because I told him not to kiss me after he had just blown me. I didn't cum or anything , I just think it's a little gross? Idk tell me if I'm a prude

Munti

Oct 26, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have questions regarding my orientation and my therapist told me to ask the LGBTQ+-community if there are also people that have or had similiar issues.

Briefly about my person: I am m30, single, and have for various reasons only at the age of 24 first started to date people and become intimate (whether man or woman).
Since then I have had some experiences with men, but not too many.

Sexually, I'm pretty much homosexually oriented: I find men attractive, had sex dreams with men as a teenager, and also mostly just watch gay porn (or straight porn, but where I only focus on the man). Women I find very wonderfully pretty and very sympathetic, also partly very attractive, but I have never had sexual interests in women.

My problem is with the feelings. I have never been in a real relationship (only a short one, which was already doomed from the beginning) and I have never really been properly in love. Now at 30 my desire to have someone is growing.

However, it is very difficult for me to imagine being with a man. When I imagine living with a man, doing the housework together, shopping together, having romantic dinners, holding hands, growing old together, calling each other "honey", etc., I shamefully don't find it a charming or pleasant thought (I am really ashamed by the thoughts. But don't understand me wrong: I only find it an unpleasant thought if I am involved). In contrast, I find the same idea with a woman satisfying. Holding a woman's hand feels pleasurable to me.

Because of this chaos of feelings, I am very unsure of what I actually want and what I am, and what to focus on. I often think it might be a subconscious problem because I grew up in an environment that is very hetero centric and might internalized that the straight lifestyle is "more socially acceptable" and it is the "right lifestyle", even though I always was big supportive to the LGBTQ+-community.
I try to push back against these possible internalizations, but the feelings still remain the same to this day.

There are other situations that unsettle my feelings. For example after an orgasm , or after sex with a man, I lose the desire for men (desire for physical, sexual and emotional closeness) for a few hours or days.
Or if I go to places where I see a lot of flirting or hundreds of naked torsos, or see posters or statues of naked men on every corner, I find it off-putting. And I don't know why. And sometimes I have phases (for weeks) where I just hardly have any interest in men.

To sum up my questions:
- What does this emotional chaos in me mean and how can I fix it?
- Have I subconsciously developed an inner homophobia that prevents me from forming an emotional bond with other gays?
- Or am I perhaps just homosexual but heteroromantic (or even aromantic or incapable of love) in orientation? If so, how can I ever form a healthy relationship? Am I better off seeking a woman as a partner even though I am not sexually interested in her?
- Have I perhaps simply not yet found the right person with whom I can imagine a common future? Am I I too demanding?
- Am I perhaps simply not a romantic type?
- Could it perhaps also be due to my rather difficult childhood and youth? (I've been diagnosed with chronic depression)

I wish I could say and feel with full conviction that I am gay, straight, bi or something else, and that I know what I want for the future.
By the way, I am outed to my closest friends and parents.

Thank you so much.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
Hi everyone,

I have questions regarding my orientation and my therapist told me to ask the LGBTQ+-community if there are also people that have or had similiar issues.

Briefly about my person: I am m30, single, and have for various reasons only at the age of 24 first started to date people and become intimate (whether man or woman).

Sexually, I'm pretty much homosexually oriented: I find men attractive, had sex dreams with men as a teenager, and also mostly just watch gay porn (or straight porn, but where I only focus on the man). Women I find very wonderfully pretty and very sympathetic, also partly very attractive, but I have never had sexual interests in women.

My problem is with the feelings. I have never been in a real relationship (only a short one, which was already doomed from the beginning) and I have never really been properly in love. Now at 30 my desire to have someone is growing.

However, it is very difficult for me to imagine being with a man. When I imagine living with a man, doing the housework together, shopping together, having romantic dinners, holding hands, growing old together, calling each other "honey", etc., I shamefully don't find it a charming or pleasant thought (I am really ashamed by the thoughts. But don't understand me wrong: I only find it an unpleasant thought if I am involved). In contrast, I find the same idea with a woman satisfying. Holding a woman's hand feels pleasurable to me.

Because of this chaos of feelings, I am very unsure of what I actually want and what I am, and what to focus on. I often think it might be a subconscious problem because I grew up in an environment that is very hetero centric and might internalized that the straight lifestyle is "more socially acceptable" and it is the "right lifestyle", even though I always was big supportive to the LGBTQ+-community.
I try to push back against these possible internalizations, but the feelings still remain the same to this day.

There are other situations that unsettle my feelings. For example after an orgasm , or after sex with a man, I lose the desire for men (desire for physical, sexual and emotional closeness) for a few hours or days.
Or if I go to places where I see a lot of flirting or hundreds of naked torsos, or see posters or statues of naked men on every corner, I find it off-putting. And I don't know why. And sometimes I have phases (for weeks) where I just hardly have any interest in men.

Hey Munti, first I'd say the label you're probably looking for is "queer". So that's that.

Second, read pages 9-13 of this Trevor Project PDF on coming out. It helped me a lot develop my own thoughts on who I'm sexually attracted to and who I'm EMOTIONALLY attracted to. I think you might find that sexual attraction might be to men but emotionally to women.

To sum up my questions:
- Have I subconsciously developed an inner homophobia that prevents me from forming an emotional bond with other gays?
- Or am I perhaps just homosexual but heteroromantic (or even aromantic or incapable of love) in orientation? If so, how can I ever form a healthy relationship? Am I better off seeking a woman as a partner even though I am not sexually interested in her?
- Have I perhaps simply not yet found the right person with whom I can imagine a common future? Am I I too demanding?
- Could it perhaps also be due to my rather difficult childhood and youth? (I've been diagnosed with chronic depression)

This part sounds like you need to work with your therapist on this because I don't think anyone here is qualified to answer these questions besides you and your therapist.

Thirteen

Mar 22, 2021
Hi everyone,

To sum up my questions:

I wish I could say and feel with full conviction that I am gay, straight, bi or something else, and that I know what I want for the future.
By the way, I am outed to my closest friends and parents.

Thank you so much.
I don't know much about the subject, but you might be homosexual but heteroromantic. Which is good news because you are not broken, but not ideal since a traditional monogamist relationship is probably out of the question. An asexual woman might be the perfect partner for you since both of you will prefer you having sex elsewhere.

Don't stress out labels for now, I was in a similar boat as you until I found out the best ways to describe myself (queer and nonbinary). As long as you know how to communicate your feelings with anyone before you get serious with them you're fine.

I do understand having feelings for women and finding them attractive but not sexually, I have that too. But in my case my ideal partner would be a man, but I wouldn't mind exploring my biromantic side.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
There's a new videogame out called No Longer Home. It's about the difficulty in saying goodbye to a place and friends as two non-binary art students in London struggle with post-graduation aimlessness. It's semi-autographical, based on the two developers. One of them has to move back to Japan due to visa. There's plenty of social and magical realism. I loved it and more people deserve to hear about it.
store.steampowered.com

No Longer Home on Steam

No Longer Home is a game about letting go of the life you've built due to circumstances beyond your control. Immerse yourself in the lives of Bo and Ao and learn about their dreams, frustrations and fears. Welcome the magic of the everyday and somewhat extraordinary.
OT: https://www.resetera.com/threads/no-longer-home-ot-how-do-you-say-goodbye.471462/

Feb 24, 2018
Need somewhere to vent about this.

The Boyfriend Dungeon discourse is really bothering me. The people harassing the devs and actors is unacceptable, LGBTQ+ people saying something made them uncomfortable isn't and shouldn't be considered bad, whether it was made by straight/cis people or fellow people within the LGBTQ+ community and it's really bothering me seeing people using the former to do the latter.

It quite frankly feels like declaring that the LGBTQ+ people who feel uncomfortable, their own feelings and experiences are lesser, not as important as other people or should be shamed and feel bad because of what a bunch arseholes did. Like say as a bi trans woman found myself being uncomfortable about how an outing (I was outed once, thankfully my family never found out and it's one of my greatest fears that I do out myself or get out to my parents) was portrayed in a movie made by other trans women, that I should shut up and never say it made me uncomfortable, that theirs something wrong with me for saying that or their not valid feelings and I should feel shame for trying to hurt someone else's creative work.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so sad, again i fucked up my chances with the guy i was getting to know.

it's terrible when you go from talking 2 hours every night to suddenly just silence… does not give me much hope for my future romantic endeavors, to be honest.