• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
So I might be meeting someone soon and I'm really really scared. I've not met anyone in like 4-5 years and I've had a lot of bad experiences in the past. So I don't want to get hurt. So not sure if it's even worth my time. He seems a nice guy. He lives really close. We've chatted a lot over Grindr for the past few days which is an unknown these days. General chit chat. No sex talk. We just kinda hit it off. I think the conversation is going to move to meeting up now as chatting on Grindr is going to start losing its appeal and maybe our interests. I just don't know if I can really meet again someone I've not met up with before. Frightened of being hurt too much.

Thirteen

Mar 22, 2021
Hello everyone, long-time lurker here (since the old place).

-Your gender? Your sexual identity? (Preferred pronouns?)
I'm almost certain I'm Non-binary. I'm AMAB and have no dysphoria whatsoever, but not being a man feels more right for me. I think my pronouns are They/Them, I don't mind other pronouns but He/Him doesn't force people to accept my gender identity, and She/Her I only like when I'm being a sassy bitch, which doesn't feel fair to people who identify with those pronouns. I identify as queer and gay.

-Your sexual orientation?
Homosexual. I think I'm like an 8 on the Kinsey scale.

-Where Are You From?
A gay unfriendly place.

-Where Do You Live?
Same place for now. Seriously considering moving in the future.

-How Old Are you?

-Favorite Type of Music?
Basic bitch pop music. I need to find more niche music that I like, and straight-acting music to play in front of people lol.

Short intro about me: I believed in religious celibacy for 30 years, then I fell in love with the wrong guy. While this completely broke me, it also allowed me to come out to that guy, my therapist (who told me to go get some), and my now best friend (who is very supportive and practically figured it out himself). This was also the start of my sexually active life, which while I still feel guilty about, it's less sinful than the alternative, suicide.

For the first few times I thought I was sexually broken because no guy was able to make me cum. Then it happened twice in one day, once prematurely in a guy's mouth after he specifically told me not to do that, and later during sex with the most boring lay ever.

I have a lot more I wanna talk about, but maybe after I join the discord. Some topics don't feel a good fit here.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Lately I've been reflecting on a year in quarantine and I'm feeling thankful to have been able to take control of my life in this weird time. I'm living life the way I want to these days, without the need to seek anyone's approval– my head has never felt more clear. I am lucky to have had timelines align to allow this level of freedom and have a partner by my side through it, but for all the pain that has come with this year I'm trying to allow myself to celebrate the positive as I prepare for the world to start up again. I'm fearful of losing this feeling, but I trust that I will not be the same person I was then.

So I might be meeting someone soon and I'm really really scared. I've not met anyone in like 4-5 years and I've had a lot of bad experiences in the past. So I don't want to get hurt. So not sure if it's even worth my time. He seems a nice guy. He lives really close. We've chatted a lot over Grindr for the past few days which is an unknown these days. General chit chat. No sex talk. We just kinda hit it off. I think the conversation is going to move to meeting up now as chatting on Grindr is going to start losing its appeal and maybe our interests. I just don't know if I can really meet again someone I've not met up with before. Frightened of being hurt too much.
We're all here for you friend! What you're feeling is totally normal and it can be tough to get back out there, but you deserve it. My DMs are always open if you want a safe place to vent :)

Hello everyone, long-time lurker here (since the old place).
Welcome! Signed, a fellow basic pop bitch.

Last edited:

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Lately I've been reflecting on a year in quarantine and I'm feeling thankful to have been able to take control of my life in this weird time. I'm living life the way I want to these days, without the need to seek anyone's approval– my head has never felt more clear. I am lucky to have had timelines align to allow this level of freedom and have a partner by my side through it, but for all the pain that has come with this year I'm trying to allow myself to celebrate the positive as I prepare for the world to start up again. I'm fearful of losing this feeling, but I trust that I will not be the same person I was then.

Right on, bro! That's awesome.

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
Hi all!! I don't know if I have previously completed this before but here it goes:
  • Your gender? Your sexual identity? Cis man
  • Your sexual orientation? Gay
  • Where Are You From? Basque Country
  • Where Do You Live? Barcelona
  • How Old Are you? 35
  • Favorite Type of Music? Rock
  • Profession or Career interest? Computer Science, Natural Language Processing, Data Science
  • Favorite video game(s)? Super Mario series, Metroid, Sonic, Bayonetta, Shin Megami Tensei, Animal Crossing
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Gym, hiking, wine and beer tasting, party, traveling
So recently I discovered the term "arromantic" and I feel very identified with it. For those who never heard of it, I will try to explain myself:

I do not have or feel any romantic desire to other people, I love my family and my friends but I don't feel any romantic connection to anyone. Just thinking of sticking my life with somebody else does not attract me at all, I don't see myself getting married in a wonderful wedding, or spending one week with the same person in a tropical luxury resort; spending all my life with the same person is something I don't want to do. And I do like kissing, hugging, and doing these affection actions with my closest friends or when having sex, but everything is NSA. According to society roles, we are all supposed to find another person to spend our lives with, live together, go on holiday together, enjoy our hobbies together, give us gifts,... All that does not work for me.

I've considered myself weird for years because of this, I wasn't sure if I was a boring person, asocial, or why was I the way I was. Now that I have heard of this term, I think I have finally understood why am I the way I am.

Had you ever heard of this term before? Do you associate yourselves with it? Or know somebody who does or could be?

Nov 27, 2019
Hi all!! I don't know if I have previously completed this before but here it goes:
  • Your gender? Your sexual identity? Cis man
  • Your sexual orientation? Gay
  • Where Are You From? Basque Country
  • Where Do You Live? Barcelona
  • How Old Are you? 35
  • Favorite Type of Music? Rock
  • Profession or Career interest? Computer Science, Natural Language Processing, Data Science
  • Favorite video game(s)? Super Mario series, Metroid, Sonic, Bayonetta, Shin Megami Tensei, Animal Crossing
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Gym, hiking, wine and beer tasting, party, traveling
So recently I discovered the term "arromantic" and I feel very identified with it. For those who never heard of it, I will try to explain myself:

I do not have or feel any romantic desire to other people, I love my family and my friends but I don't feel any romantic connection to anyone. Just thinking of sticking my life with somebody else does not attract me at all, I don't see myself getting married in a wonderful wedding, or spending one week with the same person in a tropical luxury resort; spending all my life with the same person is something I don't want to do. And I do like kissing, hugging, and doing these affection actions with my closest friends or when having sex, but everything is NSA. According to society roles, we are all supposed to find another person to spend our lives with, live together, go on holiday together, enjoy our hobbies together, give us gifts,... All that does not work for me.

I've considered myself weird for years because of this, I wasn't sure if I was a boring person, asocial, or why was I the way I was. Now that I have heard of this term, I think I have finally understood why am I the way I am.

Had you ever heard of this term before? Do you associate yourselves with it? Or know somebody who does or could be?
Discovering the term arromantic and figuring out genderfluidity helped me make a lot more sense out of my bisexuality. I have a type in men, but I literally cannot imagine being in a romantic relationship with one.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So... i got the courage and made a Tinder account and instagram... and it went better than expected i think. I've met some nice people, and there's one guy that i met that's got me interested. I feel so behind though, being 27 and with 0 experience on relationships, i've never been kissed even...

Still, we are on a full quarantine on my country so it's like the worst time for dating (it's clearly not possible now, we need to be responsible).

I don't know, i'm kind of a mess right now, like at this point i still have this whole deep sense of being so lonely, immature and sad. I don't want to be clingy either, but i feel like my background pushes me to be clingy or get attached too son considering i've been alone for like my entire life.

Thirteen

Mar 22, 2021
So... i got the courage and made a Tinder account and instagram... and it went better than expected i think. I've met some nice people, and there's one guy that i met that's got me interested. I feel so behind though, being 27 and with 0 experience on relationships, i've never been kissed even...

Still, we are on a full quarantine on my country so it's like the worst time for dating (it's clearly not possible now, we need to be responsible).

I don't know, i'm kind of a mess right now, like at this point i still have this whole deep sense of being so lonely, immature and sad. I don't want to be clingy either, but i feel like my background pushes me to be clingy or get attached too son considering i've been alone for like my entire life.
If it makes you feel better I had my first kiss at 30.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017

I'm 29, and I have also never had no man. 🤷‍♀️

Nigthwizard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Costa Rica

Don't worry you're not the only late bloomer.

My first kiss was at 27 and my first time at 28, take your time and just tell him that.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the support guys! Sometimes this shit becomes overwhelming... I need to find a psychiatrist and do therapy too.

MasaDrew

Jun 20, 2019
So recently I did a lot of self reflection and realized that a lot of my anxiety and stress that I've had with dating the last few months is because I put so much focus on an outcome rather than just...getting to know a person. The amount of pressure I was placing on myself and my goals was completely unrealistic, and it also explains partly why some of the interactions I had didn't work out. I feel a good bit better now, and i'm having more fun being in the moment.

One guy i've started talking to recently seems really sweet. I have a date with him Wednesday, but out of random conversation I ended up hanging with him and his straight roommate on their porch for the evening last night. He's pretty good at conversation, somewhat easy to talk to. He loves to sing, we even went inside and sang a bunch and it was quite nice. Ended the night with a kiss and i'm looking forward to the actual date.

I....have some hesitations though. His house, while very neat and put together, looks like hobby lobby and live laugh love vomited everywhere. Literally the only thing that caught my attention as out of place from this motif was a pair of Deadpool salt and pepper shakers. It felt almost like a model home, and for that i wasnt sure how to gauge his personality further. He has firearms in his bedroom, which as a southern boy doesn't necessarily bother me. He's christian, and he refuses to talk about political and seems to gush at patriotic country songs. He definitely doesnt like Lil Nas or the Satan shoes. He's out to everyone but his grandparents who raised him. His room mate seems to be drunk or high alot, mostly harmless but apparently likes to push buttons with his jokes.

It's a bit to parse through. I need a better impression of his values and personality.

Im seeing another guy tonight. We've met in the past and recently matched on bumble. It feels like he's already on page 15 of dating while i'm still skimming the prologue, calling me baby and using a bunch of romantic language. And I think that concerns me a little because it mirrors the behavior I caught myself having.

I guess the important thing is that I feel that even if neither works out i'll just keep on my day to day enjoying me. Men are exhausting.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Oh well, the guy i was into just told me he was meeting/dating someone else so no more cool talk in instagram and shit... (weird because we're on full quarantine here). My heart broke a bit, i'm a mess. Well, whatever, at least he was honest and didn't ghost me.

That wasn't a good ride, though. I really feel sad. My lack of experience just played a number on me.

Nigthwizard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Costa Rica
I guess the important thing is that I feel that even if neither works out i'll just keep on my day to day enjoying me. Men are exhausting.
That's a good attitude, go at your own pace and enjoy your life regardless of the people you meet.
That wasn't a good ride, though. I really feel sad. My lack of experience just played a number on me.
That's awful, I hope you can get over it soon, even if it's painful now, you can try with someone else later.

MasaDrew

Jun 20, 2019
That's a good attitude, go at your own pace and enjoy your life regardless of the people you meet.

Yeah! At the end of the day I have me and i'm not half bad!

Country boy is a wash. He bailed on our date yesterday due to a headache. But our communication has crawled to a halt too, I think the differing views we do have were probably as much of a dealbreaker for him as they were for me. And thats okay.

The other boy is also a wash for a slew of other different reasons. Up until our date his language was a little more than just lovey dovey. "I can't wait for my man to get off work" "ohhhh my man is so handsome". It's dialogue I want....but not before our first actual date.

The date itself was good! Hes a great cook and he got me to try Overwatch. We then watched all the animated cutscenes for a movie night. We actually do have a lot in common so I was enjoying myself. We go to the bedroom and things are really fun, when all of a sudden he tells me to follow him. We go all the way across the house into a play room. Me, being a creature of anxiety and routine, am already taken out of the moment from the location change. And even though I communicated this he didn't understand that I just needed a moment to relax so I can get my head back into it. So while trying to reassert myself he says something in the heat of the moment.

"I love you"

Yeah....my brain shuts down after that. And although I can't get back into the moment myself I try to help him out but now he's in his head too. We end the date not long after that.

I've had sexual performance anxiety for a few years now. Nowadays I'm quite happy, the right chemistry leads to great sex and if I do happen to get soft i'm not ashamed or beating myself up anymore. But talking with him it seems like he has made it all about himself. And on top of that the whole I love you comment. He claims he just says that during sex and that he didn't mean it.

After work yesterday my roommate tells me (hes a bit of a gossip queen) that one of our mutual friends experienced this with the same guy, and that a few others have too. So while I try to have some understanding I don't think this will work out XD

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Man, it's such a bummer how druggy things are around here. Late stage gay hedonism is really fucked up. 9 times of 10 when you arrange a hook up with someone they are going to be doing meth. If I'm chatting to a hot guy on Scruff almost enivitably they will start asking about 'HnH'. Sometimes they lose interest when you say you're not up for that. You can see guys shooting up meth like it's a cup of coffee. I'm, like, can we just have a regular, ol' fashioned sex at all?

I wonder if other big cities are the same or it's just a London thing.

So recently I did a lot of self reflection and realized that a lot of my anxiety and stress that I've had with dating the last few months is because I put so much focus on an outcome rather than just...getting to know a person. The amount of pressure I was placing on myself and my goals was completely unrealistic, and it also explains partly why some of the interactions I had didn't work out. I feel a good bit better now, and i'm having more fun being in the moment.

One guy i've started talking to recently seems really sweet. I have a date with him Wednesday, but out of random conversation I ended up hanging with him and his straight roommate on their porch for the evening last night. He's pretty good at conversation, somewhat easy to talk to. He loves to sing, we even went inside and sang a bunch and it was quite nice. Ended the night with a kiss and i'm looking forward to the actual date.

I....have some hesitations though. His house, while very neat and put together, looks like hobby lobby and live laugh love vomited everywhere. Literally the only thing that caught my attention as out of place from this motif was a pair of Deadpool salt and pepper shakers. It felt almost like a model home, and for that i wasnt sure how to gauge his personality further. He has firearms in his bedroom, which as a southern boy doesn't necessarily bother me. He's christian, and he refuses to talk about political and seems to gush at patriotic country songs. He definitely doesnt like Lil Nas or the Satan shoes. He's out to everyone but his grandparents who raised him. His room mate seems to be drunk or high alot, mostly harmless but apparently likes to push buttons with his jokes.

It's a bit to parse through. I need a better impression of his values and personality.

Im seeing another guy tonight. We've met in the past and recently matched on bumble. It feels like he's already on page 15 of dating while i'm still skimming the prologue, calling me baby and using a bunch of romantic language. And I think that concerns me a little because it mirrors the behavior I caught myself having.

Yeah my shrink has told me that I should just enjoy 'actions' rather than focus on 'outcomes'. So, if you enjoy flirting or spending time with someone that action is worthwhile in and of itself without stressing about where it is leading or the 'results'.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
As a straight guy, I always wondered how parents are referred to in a same sex couple?

Its something I thought every now and then but never asked.

For instance, if you have two dads, does the child still call both of them dad?

Apologies if this comes across a weird question. Just kind of curious.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
As a straight guy, I always wondered how parents are referred to in a same sex couple?

Its something I thought every now and then but never asked.

For instance, if you have two dads, does the child still call both of them dad?

Apologies if this comes across a weird question. Just kind of curious.
Generally, yeah!

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Hey all. Back on the dating apps, and I've met some nice people thus far that aren't just bots or looking for something physical. It's really been a more positive experience (I prefer conversation over what I was getting, which is not an attempt from me at a judgment for those that do or provide that stuff), and I've been getting better matches (quality people with plenty of things to talk about) but perhaps that is because I have more confidence in myself now. Maybe that shows in my messages to guys and inside my profiles now. It's a welcomed change of pace finally!

Also, would it be possible to get a new invite to the Discord, to those who have the authority for that? Only if it's okay, though. I don't want to impose.
Never mind about the last part. Thanks for always making me feel unwelcome anywhere, community.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
PIT
Hey all. Back on the dating apps, and I've met some nice people thus far that aren't just bots or looking for something physical. It's really been a more positive experience (I prefer conversation over what I was getting, which is not an attempt from me at a judgment for those that do or provide that stuff), and I've been getting better matches (quality people with plenty of things to talk about) but perhaps that is because I have more confidence in myself now. Maybe that shows in my messages to guys and inside my profiles now. It's a welcomed change of pace finally!

Also, would it be possible to get a new invite to the Discord, to those who have the authority for that? Only if it's okay, though. I don't want to impose.

Aaaaayyyy that's great!

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Hey folks! I might be asking in the wrong thread, but I've been hunting for resources all night, and I need help with a thing.

I have a very close, very progressive friend. I found out today that she feels trans women shouldn't speak with authority on the experience of women in general if they've transitioned later in life, and haven't grown up with society identifying them as women.

I'm having a hard time finding arguments that zero in on this "stolen valor" prejudice. A lot of the typical anti-TERF resources and arguments don't apply in my friend's case. She recognises that trans women are women, but she doesn't view all trans women as the equals of cis women when it comes to the lived experience shared by women who have been identified as female since birth.

She likens it to someone who lived the majority of their lives being identified as white identifying themselves as Cree later in life, and suddenly stepping into the spotlight and speaking for Cree people, even though they'd lived the majority of their lives totally apart from and outside of Cree culture.

I know the rebuttal to this lies in intersectionality, and the idea that cis women of different backgrounds have far more varied experiences between them than cis women and trans women, but I'm not able to present this as a cogent viewpoint that specifically addresses her issues.

I'm hoping someone here could link me to a post, essay, video; something that confronts this specific predjudice that I can pass on to her.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hey folks! I might be asking in the wrong thread, but I've been hunting for resources all night, and I need help with a thing.

I have a very close, very progressive friend. I found out today that she feels trans women shouldn't speak with authority on the experience of women in general if they've transitioned later in life, and haven't grown up with society identifying them as women.

I'm having a hard time finding arguments that zero in on this "stolen valor" prejudice. A lot of the typical anti-TERF resources and arguments don't apply in my friend's case. She recognises that trans women are women, but she doesn't view all trans women as the equals of cis women when it comes to the lived experience shared by women who have been identified as female since birth.

She likens it to someone who lived the majority of their lives being identified as white identifying themselves as Cree later in life, and suddenly stepping into the spotlight and speaking for Cree people, even though they'd lived the majority of their lives totally apart from and outside of Cree culture.

I know the rebuttal to this lies in intersectionality, and the idea that cis women of different backgrounds have far more varied experiences between them than cis women and trans women, but I'm not able to present this as a cogent viewpoint that specifically addresses her issues.

I'm hoping someone here could link me to a post, essay, video; something that confronts this specific predjudice that I can pass on to her.
Honestly there may not be those resources for this.

As it stands this is a debate even with in the Trans community on what is the right way to handle this with both sides being very much against the other despite both sides being Trans.

Happy Pride y'all.

chronos4590

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Happy pride month everyone. More than ever we should try to be keeping this thread going. Hope everyone globally is doing ok.

Aske I hope you were able to find the answers prior. Either way your friend I keep thinking of the fact that many trans folk may not have come to their realization or truth yet or could not afford to transition due to many circumstances in their individual lives, but that does not make anyone who transitioned later in life not valid in their opinion . Maybe it could be more difficult? idk It wouldn't be fair as a cis gendered gay man to really express a valid opinion, but I do think anyone who transitioned later in life can bring a perspective that is still valid and should be heard at the very least. Hopefully someone can bring about more resources or opinions unless you found some already. Hope for the best.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Happy Pride everyone! How are you celebrating? Most of the celebrations in my city seem to be pushed out to October, but there are a few outdoor things happening. I'm new to the area so I've got to figure it out– if there are any other Chicagoians here I'd appreciate tips :)

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Happy Pride, folks!

Beth Cyra and chronos4590 thanks so much for weighing in on my thing. I totally felt like I killed this thread, so I'm really glad to see it resurrected for Pride Month!

Big love to everyone up in here!

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Happy Pride, folks!

Beth Cyra and chronos4590 thanks so much for weighing in on my thing. I totally felt like I killed this thread, so I'm really glad to see it resurrected for Pride Month!

Big love to everyone up in here!

Lol nah you totally didn't.

Regardless of the side we can only find peace if the conversations take place so if anything it's awesome you brought it forth here.

X05

Oct 25, 2017
Happy Pride! 🏳️‍🌈

Happy Pride everyone! How are you celebrating? Most of the celebrations in my city seem to be pushed out to October, but there are a few outdoor things happening. I'm new to the area so I've got to figure it out– if there are any other Chicagoians here I'd appreciate tips :)
Nothing in my corner of the world, but it's because Pride month is traditionally in September over here

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Lol nah you totally didn't.

Regardless of the side we can only find peace if the conversations take place so if anything it's awesome you brought it forth here.

Thank you :D

And I agree - I was really glad she shared it with me, because she knows it's not an acceptable stance for a progressive cis woman to have. And as a cis man, I know it's not my "battle", I just want to be a good ally to everyone involved.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

My city doesn't have pride until later in the summer, but I am spending actual pride month with the X-Men and the Hellfire Gala in comics. Otherwise, being sheltered and avoiding the world.

grumpybat

Apr 12, 2021
USA
Hello! Newbie to the site here.

Cis gay man in southern california.
  • How Old Are you? 34
  • Favorite Type of Music? Metal, Synthpop, Baroque
  • Profession or Career interest? Game dev. for the time being.
  • Favorite video game(s)? Final Fantasy Tactics, Castlevania series, YS
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Books, clothing, film, homemaking

Last edited:

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

• How Old Are you? 34
Welcome!

Via_Purifico

Oct 25, 2017
Happy pride month everyone. And Beth Cyra Gibbs long time no talk. I've been M.I.A due to a lot of factors and I'm moving up the corporate ladder. I'm in the running for office management.

Zeusy

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
WA

• How Old Are you? 34
Welcome!

Gibbs

Oct 25, 2017
West Virginia
Gibbs! It has been some time indeed.

Alive and kicking haha, I hope that life is treating you as good as you deserve!

Life has been interesting but I am out here surviving. Incredibly glad to hear from you my friend! Take care of yourself and the family <3

Happy Pride Month all :)

Hope everyone's been safe <3

Holy crap its Inukage! its been forever! I hope you are doing well dude!

Happy pride month everyone. And Beth Cyra Gibbs long time no talk. I've been M.I.A due to a lot of factors and I'm moving up the corporate ladder. I'm in the running for office management.

Oh gosh I have thought about you so much over the years. I miss you sister Jay! incredibly happy to hear you are moving up in the corporate world! They would be so lucky to have you as an office management employee. Sounds like you are doing pretty well over there which is great.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Happy pride month!

tenor.gif