• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 28, 2020
o/ Hi everyone, I've been lurking for a while but decided to finally decided to make an account!!

Some tidbits about me:
I'm trans, my pronouns are she/her, I'm bi (at least I'm pretty sure, lol)
I listen to a lot of indie and folk music, my favorites are Joanna Newsom and Beach House
My favorite game series are Silent Hill and Final Fantasy!!
I like to draw and paint, even if I still have a long way to go in developing my skills, lol

Glad to be here, thanks for having me!!

Ryan7556

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
o/ Hi everyone, I've been lurking for a while but decided to finally decided to make an account!!

Some tidbits about me:
I'm trans, my pronouns are she/her, I'm bi (at least I'm pretty sure, lol)
I listen to a lot of indie and folk music, my favorites are Joanna Newsom and Beach House
My favorite game series are Silent Hill and Final Fantasy!!
I like to draw and paint, even if I still have a long way to go in developing my skills, lol

Glad to be here, thanks for having me!!

Welcome, nice to see a fellow trans person here.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
Hmmm I'm not sure we really want this.
It's kinda already too late.

*Sigh*

Can we just skip ahead to the part where I can brainjack into a video games and it kills me?
I'm sorry, but that is not happening. How else would we harvest your data and money if you just ended up dead. We can't change your behavior if you're dead! Not yet, anyway.

Please, continue your subscription to BrainJack(R) for $19.99 or $29.99 Ad Free.*

*Ad Free contains sponsored content

Last edited:

chronos4590

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Late but wanted to wish you all a safe, prosperous and happy new year. A much better year.

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Popping in to say hello and happy new year.

(dunno of many of you remember me)

I remember! And, presumably, much like you, frequently read but rarely post in here these days. Hi world, hi thread, hi new year. Can't imagine much will change or improve for me in 2021, but I'll keep on truckin' for now and try to feel better about my situation by taking meds and posting occasional mostly-nudes on Insta, lol.

As an aside, my brain ain't wired correctly for making connections on apps. I'd been talking with a lovely guy on Tinder for a week or so and was falling hard, then he ghosted me and all I can think is, what did I do wrong, what did I say wrong? Then, being the neurotic I am, gotta go check his other social media accts and find he hasn't been active anywhere since the day he stopped responding, so now all I can think is, did he die? Is he dead??

SpaceBridge

Oct 31, 2017
I remember! And, presumably, much like you, frequently read but rarely post in here these days. Hi world, hi thread, hi new year. Can't imagine much will change or improve for me in 2021, but I'll keep on truckin' for now and try to feel better about my situation by taking meds and posting occasional mostly-nudes on Insta, lol.

As an aside, my brain ain't wired correctly for making connections on apps. I'd been talking with a lovely guy on Tinder for a week or so and was falling hard, then he ghosted me and all I can think is, what did I do wrong, what did I say wrong? Then, being the neurotic I am, gotta go check his other social media accts and find he hasn't been active anywhere since the day he stopped responding, so now all I can think is, did he die? Is he dead??

I wouldn't read too much into it. Like you my own mental health has been through the ringer since Oct so I can understand being in a fragile state and thus taking it personally. I myself went into social media/app/text blackout during Xmas. I avoided everyone cuz it felt like every interaction was triggering me.

could be the case for him. You can run every anxiety inducing scenario but none will be true.

edit: where does everyone chat now cuz the thread seems pretty slow compared to what it was back on the old site.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Popping in to say hello and happy new year.

(dunno of many of you remember me)

Hey!

♥️

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
Happy New Year everyone. I hope things are well for everyone, I had a pretty bad anxiety attack last night and freaking out over relationship stuff. It was bad enough to finally start seeing a counselor again after 3 years.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Is it bad that when they announced a female Doctor Who, I was hoping for a twink-ish version of Rose, Amy, or Clara as a companion?

Guess it's not gonna happen now.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey y'all, I got a question for you I'm not sure I know how to appropriately spell out: How do you deal with Woke Straights?

By that I mean, the kind of straight person who means well but has terrible blind spots regarding their own behaviour towards the Queer community (and I guess in my particular circumstances, towards Queer men). That they obviously can't be homophobic because gay guys are so adorable. How do you confront people like that on their behaviour when they're still, tangentially, on our side?

Feniks

Oct 30, 2017
Is he your friend? If he's not, I'd say either cut him off or tell him he's being homophobic/condescending. Just because he is an "ally" you don't owe him anything and shouldn't be afraid of him turning homophobic or something like that. That's on him. And you don't have to feel the pressure of being an ambassador of all gay people. Speak freely.

If he's a friend, I think you have to confront him and tell him what's bothering you, but I know it's not this simple and it can be hard to have these conversations.

Note that this depends on your situation/country/etc.. Make sure you are safe above all alse.

25th Baam

Jan 9, 2018
Having relationship issues, feeling bad. Dating must be hard during the pandemic....
Aren't we all? At least we can find comfort in each other's misery :)

Hey people, long time lurker since the Old site times, though I lurked more on the gaming side at those times...
Control and Automation engineer, currently unemployed, Brazilian guy living in Germany since 2019 and dying to learn this god-forsaken language :P
Anime connoisseur, Gamer (lol) and gay as fuck! I keep mostly to myself when I have nothing interesting to say, but I find the lgbt+ community here amazing and I wanted to give my hello :))

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Aren't we all? At least we can find comfort in each other's misery :)

Hey people, long time lurker since the Old site times, though I lurked more on the gaming side at those times...
Control and Automation engineer, currently unemployed, Brazilian guy living in Germany since 2019 and dying to learn this god-forsaken language :P
Anime connoisseur, Gamer (lol) and gay as fuck! I keep mostly to myself when I have nothing interesting to say, but I find the lgbt+ community here amazing and I wanted to give my hello :))

Hi! :)

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Hi hi! I don't believe I've posted here and wanted to give a shout. Looking forward to hopping in the discord as well, cheers!

IBQ hidden below :)

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

MasaDrew

Jun 20, 2019
As i'm back in the dating kumite I really find myself wondering how important (or not) having common interests is.

I've had dates with a guy where we had a lot of our geeky interests together, to the point of watching the newest season of Promised Neverland and talking strategies for Savage content in FFXIV. On paper we got along so much but it didn't pan out.

I'm currently about to go on a second date with a guy tonight. Very fit, and so far I haven't gleaned much of an common interests aside from movies and music. He's shown a lot of respect and interest in hearing me babble about DND or my artwork, and I do the same to hear about his passion for weight lifting (which I have a growing interest in). Still way too early to call, just happy to spend time and shoot the shit with him.

Researching attachment styles has thrown me for a damn loop though. It's given me a lot of perspective to work with.

jetscanfly

Jan 19, 2018
As i'm back in the dating kumite I really find myself wondering how important (or not) having common interests is.

My best dating experience has always been with people who have some stuff in common, but not everything. It's good to have separate interests that you can do on your own and also introduce to your partner. Maybe one day you'll get him to play DND and he'll discover he loves it and he can get you into working out. That shared experience of finding out you like something while together is really exciting, imho.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
So besides "try and see", what's the advice for dating services for a new town I moved to? Just try the regular apps and see what lands?

Feniks

Oct 30, 2017

I've had dates with a guy where we had a lot of our geeky interests together, to the point of watching the newest season of Promised Neverland and talking strategies for Savage content in FFXIV. On paper we got along so much but it didn't pan out.

I'm currently about to go on a second date with a guy tonight. Very fit, and so far I haven't gleaned much of an common interests aside from movies and music. He's shown a lot of respect and interest in hearing me babble about DND or my artwork, and I do the same to hear about his passion for weight lifting (which I have a growing interest in). Still way too early to call, just happy to spend time and shoot the shit with him.

Researching attachment styles has thrown me for a damn loop though. It's given me a lot of perspective to work with.

I had nothing in common with my last bf and we got along great (It's impressive actually how we really had nothing in common lol). We really clicked even though we had no common interests. The good thing about these relationships is that you get to experience new things and perspectives more often. It has its cons but if both are open-minded, I don't think it determines if the relationship will last or not.

So besides "try and see", what's the advice for dating services for a new town I moved to? Just try the regular apps and see what lands?

I think you get a boost on the tinder algorithm when you go to a new location, I'd stick to that unless you're looking for something less serious. My experience with other apps never resulted in anything, so idk.

If covid is not under control there, I'd just wait it out tho.

MasaDrew

Jun 20, 2019
I agree with both of you. The date went great last night and our next one is going to be a movie night at my place. He seems like a really great guy. I think my only concern at this point may be some lifestyle differences. I'm not at all against going out and partying, but i'm about 60% homebody and my social battery can be short if i'm around folks that i'm not comfortable with. He seems to get together with friends and party...a lot. He hasn't travelled during the pandemic if much at all but since receiving his vaccine doses he seems to be ramping up again (even taking a trip to see friends in Dallas next weekend.)

He seems to be very much a circuit/PV gay, but thankfully as far as I know he didn't go to PV this year. I'm not sure how to feel about that other than raised concern over my personal health in regards to Covid -_-

I'm keeping my eggs away from all baskets at this time.

Malverde

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Hey y'all, any of you know any good queer artists that could create a digital mascot/logo? I help run a GSA program for a school and I would love to be able to have the mascot be made fabulous for flyers/posters/powerpoints but don't want to turn to any old random jerk on Etsy or Fiver or whatever. The cheaper the better, I don't got much money to throw at this and there is no way the school would ever make it a priority. That said, I'm not looking to short change anyone and will pay whatever is fair if I can comfortably afford it (I have no idea what is fair).

jetscanfly

Jan 19, 2018
He hasn't travelled during the pandemic if much at all but since receiving his vaccine doses he seems to be ramping up again (even taking a trip to see friends in Dallas next weekend.)

NGL, that sends off alarms all over my brain. Having said that, I know that in the US a lot of people have had their two doses already, so if he's also going to see other people who are fully vaccinated, this doesn't actually seem too bad. The alarms might just be a reaction of being too familiar with keeping distance this last year. There's a lot of ifs though.

MasaDrew

Jun 20, 2019
NGL, that sends off alarms all over my brain. Having said that, I know that in the US a lot of people have had their two doses already, so if he's also going to see other people who are fully vaccinated, this doesn't actually seem too bad. The alarms might just be a reaction of being too familiar with keeping distance this last year. There's a lot of ifs though.

Oh no I completely understand that feeling. And I told him hes gonna get tested when he comes back if he wants to continue. He understood and is going to do it.

I'm still just wary in general because men are awful so :shrug.

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
Using dating apps during the pandemic has been weird. I usually would meet up with someone by now but haven't yet to stay safe.

MasaDrew

Jun 20, 2019
I've only been meeting if they can provide those test result receipts lmao.

Had a really strange weekend. The guy I mentioned before came over for our third date. By this time i've noticed a difference in his behavior between texting/phone calls and being in person. The former has him being really sweet, talking about us doing all sorts of things in the future and affirming he wants to go on so many dates etc. In person...he's nice but kind of cagey and flighty. Whether it was in public or at my place he just seemed a little uncomfortable. So we go to my room and he immediately tries to make out. We get comfy and watch a movie and get distracted. It was fun, but there's always something about guys that think sensual means treat everything like a jackhammer that takes me out of it.

And right as the movie credits roll he bounces. Behavior changes over text pretty much immediately. We still talk but briefly.

Another date happened with a different guy Saturday night. Chemistry was an 11 and we talked all night. Overall it felt like I was being courted the way I court guys i've dated in the past. Sunday the energy stayed the same. Monday he said he wanted to be friends and that he realized he wasn't ready. He admitted he really liked me but got caught up in the moment.

At first I was upset but after talking with one of my friends I realized that I haven't been practicing my own self love since my last breakup as I should. Being told or shown one thing and then it not being the case afterwards is more annoying than general ghosting to me, but at the same time it stung more because I've been more critical of myself lately.

Feniks

Oct 30, 2017
Using dating apps during the pandemic has been weird. I usually would meet up with someone by now but haven't yet to stay safe.

I feel you. I've been feeling lonely and want to get back in the dating apps, but I think it's just gonna make me feel worse when you can't go on dates. I don't want to have something over the phone.

Just need to wait a bit more for things to calm down and get back out there.

Irene

Feb 22, 2021
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forums as of this week. So happy this thread exists!

So I'm taking a crack at the ice-breaker questions.

Lesbian trans woman from Sweden.
My favorite type of music is metal and I adore Breath of the Wild and can't wait for the sequel!
Currently I'm unemployed and have applied for unemployment benefits and I'm ultra nervous I'm getting it or not. But I'm an indie developer currently working on my 2nd game, game development is my call in life, and my passion.

I've struggled with my identity a lot. It all comes from me just having zero confidence in myself, and I've felt shameful for who I am. But I'm glad it's getting better - being in and around inclusive communities has helped me a lot.

Feniks

Oct 30, 2017
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forums as of this week. So happy this thread exists!

So I'm taking a crack at the ice-breaker questions.

Lesbian trans woman from Sweden.
My favorite type of music is metal and I adore Breath of the Wild and can't wait for the sequel!
Currently I'm unemployed and have applied for unemployment benefits and I'm ultra nervous I'm getting it or not. But I'm an indie developer currently working on my 2nd game, game development is my call in life, and my passion.

I've struggled with my identity a lot. It all comes from me just having zero confidence in myself, and I've felt shameful for who I am. But I'm glad it's getting better - being in and around inclusive communities has helped me a lot.
Hey there, welcome!! :)

Ryan7556

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
So I'm going to post this here since I didn't get any response in the FE OT (which seems to be barely active).

There's been a Fire Emblem fangame idea I've been theorizing about that has a LGBTQ+ cast focus (and also diverse racially), I've done a number of character portraits (edited GBA ones) and written down various lore and class ideas (also edited various midis to sound FE GBA-like). If anyone else is interested in collaborating/assisting in some way or wanting more info, send me a DM.

Alcoremortis

Oct 25, 2017
That sounds really neat! I've just been introduced to fire emblem myself since i got a switch and played the first and then the most recent game (so I have a very unusual experience with the series). I have no game design skills tho.