• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY
That's really great to hear and it does give me a little bit of hope. I seriously just want to fall in love with someone and have him fall in love back with me. That seems like such a hard thing to do, right? Attraction that must be mutual? It's scary for me to think about how all the stars have to lineup in order for it to happen.

And with the pandemic, it feels like it's even harder. How did you date around? Just using apps? I tried my hardest to meet people IRL rather than apps, but with Covid that seems impossible, at least for this year.

I live in a decently sized city with a big gay population, and my career is here (Columbus, Ohio), but recently I can't help but just think about moving to NYC or LA and just.....start all over. It would be so hard especially with my skill set just being in working in a public utilities company, haha. Also, who's to say NYC or LA even look the same after the pandemic ends?

It took moving from rural NY to Seattle to get me out of my comfort zone and start dating; I knew several gay people through work in NY (and our town's mayor was gay) but I was too reserved and uncomfortable in my skin to ever pursue anything. The fresh start was certainly beneficial to my psyche, as was the feedback from an lgbt therapist I was going to for a few months.

I set up an OK Cupid account, went on my first date after a couple weeks (we parted ways after dinner, he texted to express regret over not kissing me, so I suggested he come back to try again and we ended up spending the night together lol). After realizing this was less complicated and stressful than expected, I stopped overthinking things and just went out with all sorts of people. Not, like... anybody, but not limited to some ideal I may have conjured up in the past. There were good dates and some weird dates (the guy who showed up in a floor-length fur coat and then left me with bite marks and bruises!), but I honestly don't think there were any genuinely bad experiences: they were all positive ways of expanding what I actually wanted from a relationship.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
(the guy who showed up in a floor-length fur coat and then left me with bite marks and bruises!)

zBTf12O.gif

MasaDrew

Jun 20, 2019
That's interesting. I have always felt that finding a date in a bigger city is easier just because of the sheer amount of people vs. some small town. I haven't had much luck at all in my hometown, which is why I moved to Columbus. But it's been hard for me here, as well, mainly because I suck at dating or go on dates and there is never a connection. But at least I can set them up! Haha.

It is easier statistically. It's not hard to get a date, I guess I meant it more as with more available guys you just gotta keep in mind that the ratio skews towards most of them not looking for something serious. Which is not a bad thing, just gotta take your time. Love doesn't happen overnight ya know?

Shiloh

Oct 25, 2017

Dumb sketch from yesterday.

Been okaying FFXIV lately. I'm lucky enough to have a group of friends to discord with and they help me alot while I catch up to them. Of course being a bunch of bears all of their characters are the big muscly guys and catmen. When we're in a party with my smol pretty boy MNK i can't help but laugh.

Pandemic makes meeting people more difficult I'm sure, and the importance of using apps has definitely risen. Finding love on apps can be problematic as well, especially in larger cities. Like when I was trying to date (Atlanta) the proportion to finding guys really wanting to try something versus hookups (or hookup opportunities) was very skewed. All you really can do is just be honest with yourself and say that you're looking to date. I met my partner through Hinge.

If somebody pulls the "I'd really like to form a friendship first" card there's a good chance its a fuckboi XD

In FFXIV I played Roe then Hrothgar... It's almost a cliche (not a bear though). But I like playing giant characters who are support roles. So a giant cat man, with glasses, a book, and a fairy? Hell yes.

Gibbs

Oct 25, 2017
West Virginia
It is easier statistically. It's not hard to get a date, I guess I meant it more as with more available guys you just gotta keep in mind that the ratio skews towards most of them not looking for something serious. Which is not a bad thing, just gotta take your time. Love doesn't happen overnight ya know?

I also think it varies area to area. Here in WV the only dudes seemly looking for dates are the 50+ club but I still believe they may have secret agendas.. Now guys my age or around 32 just want to hookup and go. It's sad really when you put the serious effort into things and it doesn't go anywhere. There could be guys that are serious and want to go on a date but its few and rare at this point. Also I need to talk to a guy for a while before I even trust them since the sexual assault incident.

Even before Covid dating didn't really exist here and its sad. I was actually dumb enough to think that maybe a pandemic would maybe open peoples eyes... but it only opened their legs more as it looks on my end. =x

Oct 28, 2017
Hey all, so, weird experience here I wanted to run by some folks to get some opinions

I am (or at least always thought I was) a cis dude, but I was at work recently and had a bizarre personal experience that shook my belief in that a bit. I was wearing a baggier long sleeved work shirt with the sleeves rolled up to elbows, my long-ish hair tied back in a ponytail with some bits coming down the sides, and a mask hiding my beard. I was washing my hands and I looked in the mirror and noticed how androgynous I looked and thought it looked... Correct? Good, at least? I've never given a shit about manliness or masculinity in terms of how I'm perceived but I also don't feel the need to be seen as feminine either. I've never put much thought into my own gender or anything but the experience just got me thinking about a lot of stuff.

Anyone have any advice on where to learn more on this stuff? Any similar experiences of their own?

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm very new to all this, and I'm still figuring myself out. I think I've paid more attention to this in the last year.

I think I'm genderfluid as I shift between being a man and woman (I'm mostly like a girl in private and only by myself), or sometimes I'm both in a day really. And I'm starting to prefer being called them/they.

I bought a hoodie for girls and my mom didn't like that, then I wore nail polish once and she sniffed at it but not in a mean way, more like a "ehh okay" way. Told my sis I'm buying me a bronze 41mm watch and she told me to get a 45mm instead. They've seen my girl clothing at home and didn't comment on it but they've surely noted it.

So I've found out I really like wearing nail polish, and I had a customer comment on it saying "what a fancy nail polish" which I laughed at since it was the first time in my life I've worn it outside and had anybody comment on it. I also recently had a co-worker take me aside asking me if I'm gay which made me uncomfortable or nervous since I've never been asked that question in my life. But wearing said nail polish at work made me very nervous and insecure, probably cause it's the first time I've worn it outside my private space. I don't know how to get used to it around people, cause I just really like wearing nail polish.

I'm not gay, since I'm attracted to women, but I don't think I would say no to a man either, in any case to try it out. I've had plenty of girlfriends but never a boyfriend.

Anyway, I'm very new at this and still figuring myself out really.

MasaDrew

Jun 20, 2019
I also think it varies area to area. Here in WV the only dudes seemly looking for dates are the 50+ club but I still believe they may have secret agendas.. Now guys my age or around 32 just want to hookup and go. It's sad really when you put the serious effort into things and it doesn't go anywhere. There could be guys that are serious and want to go on a date but its few and rare at this point. Also I need to talk to a guy for a while before I even trust them since the sexual assault incident.

Even before Covid dating didn't really exist here and its sad. I was actually dumb enough to think that maybe a pandemic would maybe open peoples eyes... but it only opened their legs more as it looks on my end. =x

I agree. I think for a lot of gay men we tend to come into our own a little later in life. We didn't really have our formative years when it came to sex and relationships. That could have an effect on most guys still just wanting to hook up in their thirties. Just a flyby generalization though. Whether its flagging the right hanky at the park or trial and error via apps you gotta wade through a lot of dicks to find someone nice. Pun intended.

I didn't really have luck in town finding a relationship. My partner lives out in Chattanooga and is pretty far removed from the lifestyles tropes. I guess if I had to look back at my own attempts and mistakes Id wager I would have more luck if I had joined more social stuff, like more DND groups or getting into a sport or group hobby. Although looking at my experiences with the local Rugby and Softball team itd probably just be more sex XD

Hey all, so, weird experience here I wanted to run by some folks to get some opinions

I am (or at least always thought I was) a cis dude, but I was at work recently and had a bizarre personal experience that shook my belief in that a bit. I was wearing a baggier long sleeved work shirt with the sleeves rolled up to elbows, my long-ish hair tied back in a ponytail with some bits coming down the sides, and a mask hiding my beard. I was washing my hands and I looked in the mirror and noticed how androgynous I looked and thought it looked... Correct? Good, at least? I've never given a shit about manliness or masculinity in terms of how I'm perceived but I also don't feel the need to be seen as feminine either. I've never put much thought into my own gender or anything but the experience just got me thinking about a lot of stuff.

Anyone have any advice on where to learn more on this stuff? Any similar experiences of their own?
I'm very new to all this, and I'm still figuring myself out. I think I've paid more attention to this in the last year.

I think I'm genderfluid as I shift between being a man and woman (I'm mostly like a girl in private and only by myself), or sometimes I'm both in a day really. And I'm starting to prefer being called them/they.

I bought a hoodie for girls and my mom didn't like that, then I wore nail polish once and she sniffed at it but not in a mean way, more like a "ehh okay" way. Told my sis I'm buying me a bronze 41mm watch and she told me to get a 45mm instead. They've seen my girl clothing at home and didn't comment on it but they've surely noted it.

So I've found out I really like wearing nail polish, and I had a customer comment on it saying "what a fancy nail polish" which I laughed at since it was the first time in my life I've worn it outside and had anybody comment on it. I also recently had a co-worker take me aside asking me if I'm gay which made me uncomfortable or nervous since I've never been asked that question in my life. But wearing said nail polish at work made me very nervous and insecure, probably cause it's the first time I've worn it outside my private space. I don't know how to get used to it around people, cause I just really like wearing nail polish.

I'm not gay, since I'm attracted to women, but I don't think I would say no to a man either, in any case to try it out. I've had plenty of girlfriends but never a boyfriend.

I'm Cis so i'm not sure how much I can advise other than its important to live your truth. Trying to do that a little bit each day helps put you on the path of learning more about yourself.

Chuy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm Cis so i'm not sure how much I can advise other than its important to live your truth. Trying to do that a little bit each day helps put you on the path of learning more about yourself.
I doubt have much to say other than this honestly and anecdotally speaking coming to terms with myself being Bi has lead to a lot of self-discovery about who i am as a person and what i want

Also, September is Pride Month in my corner of the world, so even if you guys aren't from here, Happy Pride 🏳️‍🌈
If you don't mind what part of the world is that? Given how US-centric this forum is its nice to see and hear experience's outside of the US

Happy Pride tho!🏳️‍🌈

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

X05

Oct 25, 2017
September is pride month for my city too!
*high-five*

If you don't mind what part of the world is that? Given how US-centric this forum is its nice to see and hear experience's outside of the US

Happy Pride tho!🏳️‍🌈
Uruguay 🇺🇾
Here Pride Month is September, the "parade" (in quotes because it's not technically a parade but rather a protest march, even if now it's more of a celebration than anything) is the last Friday of the month, and it's the second largest event of the sort in the country
Here's a video of last year's

I didn't know this is Pride Month.
Also, September is Pride Month in my corner of the world, so even if you guys aren't from here, Happy Pride 🏳️‍🌈
🙄

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
In FFXIV I played Roe then Hrothgar... It's almost a cliche (not a bear though). But I like playing giant characters who are support roles. So a giant cat man, with glasses, a book, and a fairy? Hell yes.

I went catboy to Roe. I am a total cliche. I loved my catboy but they're just too little. Here is my requisite slutty pic:

MiaTMPM.png

Unfortunately my catboy glamours were completely unsuitable for Roes so it was starting again wardrobe-wise

Last edited:

shem

Oct 25, 2017
  • Your gender? Your sexual identity? (Preferred pronouns?)
    • ATM Male, They/Them
  • Your sexual orientation?
    • Gay
  • Where Are You From?
    • Kansas
  • Where Do You Live?
    • Indiana
  • How Old Are you?
  • Favorite Type of Music?
    • Pop
  • Profession or Career interest?
    • Mechanical Engineer, Masters Student
  • Favorite video game(s)?
    • Outer Wilds, Sayonara Wild Hearts
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming)?
    • Writing papers, trying to get back into running, painting my nails
So like...how do you know when you're trans?
    • Female, She/her, They/Them
    • Straight
  • Where Are You From?
    • Kansas
  • Where Do You Live?
    • Indiana
  • How Old Are you?
    • Pop
    • Mechanical Engineer, Masters Student, Hopefully PhD soon
    • Outer Wilds, Sayonara Wild Hearts
    • Writing papers, trying to get back into running, painting my nails
Hi again!

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Soo....I'm very seriously considering using National Coming Out day to come out on FB. I've been itching to tell my friends in some sort of way, but can't quite decide who to tell. And on FB, there's a 99% chance that everyone will get the message so I won't have to coming out multiple times (at least in the near future).

Has anyone ever done anything like this?

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
Let's do this:

He/Him/They/Them for pronouns. I was born male. I have issues with that, sometimes to the point of anger. Yet despite internally viewing myself as 85% female, there's a security and easiness in being viewed as male. I like how I look, too. External stuff isn't really the issue, which I realize is vague, but I'm kind of a mess with how I relate to gender and don't want to derail this entire post. You can ask if you're curious.

I like men. I remember in elementary school being confused as to why boys "shined brighter".

Welp.

I am very into bears which is why it's brilliant living in fucking SoCal where everyone is fit. I don't appeal to most guys here and they don't with me. I need to move. Speaking of:

• Where Are You From?

The central coast, aka a couple of hours north of LA in a place that is for tourists and rich people. I really shouldn't be living here, but it's where my family is, so.

• Where Do You Live?

Same place as where I'm from. I'm actually a descendant of one of the founding families, but that really doesn't amount to much in terms of social standing or opportunity.

• How Old Are you?

29. I like odd numbers, so I like my age. 27 is more satisfying and oceanic in my head, but 29 is grounded and rough, brown and black, which is fun, too. 30 seems way too rounded and lime green and orange. Don't try to make sense of any of this lmao.

Joanna Newsom is my #1. Bjork, Janelle Monae, Kate Bush, Laura Veirs, Mitski are some other top tier artists. You may see a theme.

Well, I wanted to be a screenwriter, but I haven't been able to afford college after my parents decided against co-signing a loan so now I just work retail. Had a cool archival photo restoration job for 7 years, but I also hated how isolated I was and it drained a lot of my passion for photography. I'm better as a ghostwriter, but really I just need to get off my ass and learn proper formatting so I can do my own scripts.

Whatever I'm playing at the moment usually haha. Like I want to say Ace Attorney because I played the trilogy for the first time this past month, but I also wrote a long-ass complaint about the third game being too straight despite it clearly being the most ambitious and getting annoyed at AA2.

Real talk: Donkey Kong Country 3, Night in the Woods, Disco Elysium, Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents, Majora's Mask, Outer Wilds, Oracle of Ages/Seasons, Persona 5 Royal, Link's Awakening, Pokemon Platinum through Black 2/White 2 and let's add SuMo for good measure, Rayman Origins/Legends, Nier: Automata, Journey, Paper Mario that isn't Sticker Star or Color Splash because I haven't played them but Origami King is Top 3, Super Mario Galaxy 1/2, Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA), Super Mario World, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's on an Island, Super Mario Odyssey, Mario is Missing okay maybe not but it was one of my favorite games growing up quiz me I'll fail. Every iteration of The Sims. I don't remember the quality of The Urbz for GBA but I played it. Megaman Battle Network series.

Kingdom Hearts. Final Fantasy IX.

This list is not in order of how I'd rank them, but I thought it would be fun to lead with something controversial.

Fun fact: One Christmas I got a Gamecube from "Jesus Christ" signed in my dad's handwriting.

I used to watch a lot of television. My three favorite shows are Farscape, Pretty Little Liars, and Jem and the Holograms.

Actual hobbies are getting lost browsing YouTube, bad movies, and writing posts that are way too fucking long. Analyzing literally everything. Please shut up, brain.

"Ok."

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
Soo....I'm very seriously considering using National Coming Out day to come out on FB. I've been itching to tell my friends in some sort of way, but can't quite decide who to tell. And on FB, there's a 99% chance that everyone will get the message so I won't have to coming out multiple times (at least in the near future).

Has anyone ever done anything like this?

Do what feels comfortable. I remember when lurking you already told your dad, right? And he thinks it's a phase, but also doesn't really mind or something? Usually family is the biggest fear, so it could be freeing. Just keep in mind that you're always going to be coming out, in small and large ways. You will always question whether you should or not in new environments. You always have to make a choice. What matters is you claiming that power. Don't feel like you owe people that conversation. Some people treat it like checking something off a list and get frustrated when they keep running into moments where it feels like they didn't make any progress despite everything that shows they did. And you've come a long way. Be proud no matter what you choose. That's the most important thing.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Do what feels comfortable. I remember when lurking you already told your dad, right? And he thinks it's a phase, but also doesn't really mind or something? Usually family is the biggest fear, so it could be freeing. Just keep in mind that you're always going to be coming out, in small and large ways. You will always question whether you should or not in new environments. You always have to make a choice. What matters is you claiming that power. Don't feel like you owe people that conversation. Some people treat it like checking something off a list and get frustrated when they keep running into moments where it feels like they didn't make any progress despite everything that shows they did. And you've come a long way. Be proud no matter what you choose. That's the most important thing.

Thanks for the response. Yes, I told my family (mom, dad and brother). My mom and dad have come a long way sine then. My dad actually said that he wouldn't mind to be introduced to my partner (!!). That surprised the hell out of me, lol.

Also, I definitely don't feel as if I "owe" anyone the conversation. But to be honest, I do feel like I'm checking this off of my "things to do" list, lol. But despite that, I really want to do it. Partially because I don't want it to be a distraction if I post something personal that is LGBTQ-related (like about who I'm dating or whatever). And on some level, I want to avoid the awkward conversation with some of my friends. That's why I originally told my family that I don't care who they tell, secretly hoping they would just tell people for me. But like I said, I just really want to do it. On some level, I feel like I'm well behind the curve (I'm 34) and that I should be further along in the process. Then again, I didn't fully realize I was gay until just last year (when things came to a head)

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
Thanks for the response. Yes, I told my family (mom, dad and brother). My mom and dad have come a long way sine then. My dad actually said that he wouldn't mind to be introduced to my partner (!!). That surprised the hell out of me, lol.

That's so great! That's a huge step and I'm super glad they were supportive.

Also, I definitely don't feel as if I "owe" anyone the conversation. But to be honest, I do feel like I'm checking this off of my "things to do" list, lol. But despite that, I really want to do it. Partially because I don't want it to be a distraction if I post something personal that is LGBTQ-related (like about who I'm dating or whatever). But like I said, I just really want to do it. On some level, I feel like I'm well behind the curve (I'm 34) and that I should be further along in the process. Then again, I didn't fully realize I was gay until just last year (when things came to a head)

Doing it because you want to is exactly what you want to feel. I was worried about rushing because sometimes people do so much at once that it suddenly becomes either overwhelming from everything or underwhelming when things are normal and you're just "you" again, but you really seem to get where you're comfortable. Congrats on this year.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
That's so great! That's a huge step and I'm super glad they were supportive.

Thanks! I think they just had to get used to the idea of me being gay, something that hadn't occurred to me when I originally told them. I can't remember how much of the details I posted, but when I originally told them, we got into a very nasty argument about everything under the sun. I figured that our loving relationship was over.

Doing it because you want to is exactly what you want to feel. I was worried about rushing because sometimes people do so much at once that it suddenly becomes either overwhelming from everything or underwhelming when things are normal and you're just "you" again, but you really seem to get where you're comfortable. Congrats on this year.

I've seen so many coming out movies and watched so many videos that I got really inspired by it all.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
I know this is lame of me to say, but I'm glad I pushed for adding the "gender" and "sexual identity" split, and that the pronouns were added in, too.

I remember when it just said sexual orientation, and I was like . . . gender can be different than your identity.

Any-mother fucking-ways.

I think I've started dating again 🤔 , and it's definitely less stressful this time around 🤷. I guess I'm just older and don't have high expectations 🧓. I'll probably be forever alone though 😴

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland
I just read an article on a website called quillette, about children and medical transition by a transman, although he uses the word transgenderism, which I've only seen transphobes and gender critical people use. I just want people to be careful if they read it.

EDIT: I googled him and found an interview using the same sentences and all. Odd.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sai

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
I just read an article on a website called quillette, about children and medical transition by a transman, although he uses the word transgenderism, which I've only seen transphobes and gender critical people use. I just want people to be careful if they read it.

EDIT: I googled him and found an interview using the same sentences and all. Odd.

quillette is total right wing smoothbrain garbage. don't read it.

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019

Hello both of you! As a nonbinary person who is male-presenting in most of my public life 'cause society I feel these posts. Definitely don't be afraid to explore your gender. It can seem really daunting and scary at first, but I think it's key to take it step by step. You don't need to sit down right now and think "okay I have these feeling, I need to figure out what that means and what my identity is right now". If you find presenting more androgynously feels nice, do that. If you feel being more femme feels nice, do that. If you feel fluid and that it changes or you want to mix things up, do that. It's cool to treat it as something experimental that you can play with and feel out, and helps turn it from something scary and overwhelming to something fun and affirming. The internet is also great because it lets you really play with this kind of stuff in a fairly safe environment.

There are also nonbinary and trans OTs here if having multiple places to talk about this kind of stuff would be helpful.

Last edited:

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Hey all!

I've recently come out as nonbinary, and I was recommended to come here by my girlfriend, Sophia. I've been grappling with this for several years now, I had already talked to my girlfriend a bunch over the years with not feeling like I "fit in" with my assigned gender (male), but also not really feeling like I "wasn't male enough" to be on the LGBT+ spectrum. I don't feel dysphoria, and I don't feel like I hate being male, just that I don't feel like I fit in, and thought that meant I can't possibly fit in with the LGBT+ spectrum. It became readily apparent something was there when I noticed that in online games playing as a female character (mostly in FFXIV), I kind of felt elated and almost accomplished in a way when I was referred to by my character's gender rather than mine, and it didn't feel "wrong". It took me a very long time to realize that I don't need dysphoria to realize I'm not cis, and that male leaning doesn't mean I can't be genderfluid or nonbinary.

It kind of just...happened a few days ago. I was talking to my girlfriend some more about how I don't understand why and how I feel like LGBT+ stuff includes me even when it doesn't (well, at the time) and that people making fun of or attacking LGBT+ people felt like I'M being attacked too, when I'm a cis male (at the time). We threw a bunch of ideas at the wall and the idea of me being genderfluid or nonbinary came up again, and she showed me that I fit the criteria for nonbinary. I gave it some thought and tried it out and it just, felt right, and I really wasn't expecting it to just, finally click. It's been years and I finally figured it out, and I came out that same day. I was honestly almost laughing to myself in disbelief, I just couldn't believe it just clicked like that.

It's been a few days and I'm still getting used to it. I've expressed to my girlfriend that it still feels like I'm "trespassing" a bit on LGBT+ people for calling myself nonbinary, that because I'm male leaning that I shouldn't classify as nonbinary, even though I still don't feel like "male" describes me the same way that nonbinary does now. I don't know how common it is to feel this way after coming out, but I know for a fact that I'm happier and feel more "myself" calling myself nonbinary. I feel liberated, free, like a mental block just vanished in my head and I can be who I want to be without making countless excuses for myself. I've been male all my life, so it's been tough rewiring my mind to not constantly question my every move and ask if this was the right path for me, which is why I was recommended to introduce myself here.

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
I definitely relate to a lot of what you've written there. I'm glad you're becoming more comfortable with yourself and have space to explore that in your relationship!

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Welcome! Nice to have you here :)
I definitely relate to a lot of what you've written there. I'm glad you're becoming more comfortable with yourself and have space to explore that in your relationship!
Thank you! It's really been alot to take in right now, taking everything a few steps at a time right now as I become more comfortable with myself.

Pretty sure the answer is "very."
Yeah I've been looking around to see the experiences others have had and I'm finding it's more common than I thought it was. It's really helpful to be reassured that I'm not "doing it wrong".

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
I'm beautiful.

You're beautiful too.

Clarification just since... It's never been discussed here. I'm born male, cis male. But my femininity is my lead. I find power in that part of me. And I love it. I think that makes me fluid or genderqueer. I can never get the two correct. I'm married and love my wife, she's the only one for me. But yeah I favor my feminine side.

Whatever! bye now

Nov 27, 2019
So, every few years or so I get around to asking myself, "Oh god, am I actually bi?" And previously the answer had always been, "No, I don't think so." But now as I come up on the one year anniversary of realizing I'm non-binary, the question cropped up again in my head, and now the answer seems... Complicated.

I don't think I could ever be romantically involved with a male (it's a moot point anyway, as I'm monogamous and married to a woman), and the spectrum of what I would find physically attractive is vastly narrower than what I like in women, but it's... Not not there.

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Really hate that my brain and body essentially prevent me from having anything resembling a satisfying sex life. It was a major contributor to my marriage falling apart, stops me from developing an intimate connection to anyone new, and I can't even enjoy a hook-up.

I get tested for covid regularly, so after having another negative result and feeling extremely lonely recently, I managed to talk my way into a Grindr meet last night. Five minutes into making out, I blow all over the bed — right on schedule, thanks PE. Try and try and try, can't get hard again. He's obviously annoyed, I'm beyond embarrassed and frustrated, and barf out some pathetic apology before slinking out of his apartment.

I knew it would happen even though I tried so goddamn much to stop it. This always happens. I've managed to actually have sex like 5 or 6 times in my 42 years, every other time has been "nononononofuuuckFUCK sorry 😔" and it's just so isolating. Anti-depressants/anti-anxiety meds never helped, cranking one off beforehand doesn't help, idk what else to do.

MasaDrew

Jun 20, 2019
Really hate that my brain and body essentially prevent me from having anything resembling a satisfying sex life. It was a major contributor to my marriage falling apart, stops me from developing an intimate connection to anyone new, and I can't even enjoy a hook-up.

I get tested for covid regularly, so after having another negative result and feeling extremely lonely recently, I managed to talk my way into a Grindr meet last night. Five minutes into making out, I blow all over the bed — right on schedule, thanks PE. Try and try and try, can't get hard again. He's obviously annoyed, I'm beyond embarrassed and frustrated, and barf out some pathetic apology before slinking out of his apartment.

I knew it would happen even though I tried so goddamn much to stop it. This always happens. I've managed to actually have sex like 5 or 6 times in my 42 years, every other time has been "nononononofuuuckFUCK sorry 😔" and it's just so isolating. Anti-depressants/anti-anxiety meds never helped, cranking one off beforehand doesn't help, idk what else to do.

I'm on the opposite end with a case of DE and a nice spritzing of Performance Anxiety. In any case it does make hooking up or general sex life a bit complicated. The one thing I've worked on is communicating openly and for the most part this usually leads to a receptive and adjusting sex partner.

If you are trying to force yourself mentally to be aroused, especially during your refractory period its just not going to happen. Your downstairs has a mind of its own, and trying to force the situation is just going to make it more elusive. Don't be ashamed about PE, hell sooooooo many guys go through that. Dwelling and blaming yourself for it is only going to exacerbate negative feelings to be attached with sex. If it happens switch and focus your attention on your partner.

Vazra

Oct 26, 2017
I get performance anxiety and never finish. Then add people doing things I dont like for example yanking my nipple rings like a lawn mower starter cable, forced dirty talk, me having to put all the work with lazy guys and it simply rarely work. I'm starting to just want the cuddling, making out and teasing more than sex which is weird considering how hypersexual I used to be.