• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I've been seeing this guy since late February (with a huge corona induced pause, of course) and I do feel like things are going well, but I can't push myself to make a move 😩 He always invites me out / accepts my invitations, and when we meet we spend the entire day together (sometimes from 11 to 11). We talk about so many things, we laugh so much, we walk so much, I can't think of a time when we (or at least I) didn't have a blast. If he wants to be friends, I don't want to ruin that, you know? I don't know if what I see as "signs" that he's into me are actually signs of anything.

Context: we're both grossly unexperienced and gay PDA is not a thing here, which makes things hard.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna try posting in here more often to see if I can feel like I can enjoy some community here. The OT section is incredibly isolating and negative and people are ready to judge and berate people at every corner. Otherwise I might just stop using Era. it feels hostile here, particularly to poly queers.

Aeriscloud

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I'm gonna try posting in here more often to see if I can feel like I can enjoy some community here. The OT section is incredibly isolating and negative and people are ready to judge and berate people at every corner. Otherwise I might just stop using Era. it feels hostile here, particularly to poly queers.

As long as you realize many of us were posting in your thread that got locked.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
People seem to be really threatened by polyamory 😷

given how many people made fun of me for seeing a therapist when I came out as poly and then that thread was locked for no reason, yeah, this place is not safe for poly people.

As long as you realize many of us were posting in your thread that got locked.

I mean if you're insinuating that people here are going to be hostile to me as well (even when they don't know shit about my situation beyond a few lines of text) then yeah I won't bother.

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I've been seeing this guy since late February (with a huge corona induced pause, of course) and I do feel like things are going well, but I can't push myself to make a move 😩 He always invites me out / accepts my invitations, and when we meet we spend the entire day together (sometimes from 11 to 11). We talk about so many things, we laugh so much, we walk so much, I can't think of a time when we (or at least I) didn't have a blast. If he wants to be friends, I don't want to ruin that, you know? I don't know if what I see as "signs" that he's into me are actually signs of anything.

Context: we're both grossly unexperienced and gay PDA is not a thing here, which makes things hard.

If you're having feelings, just go for it. Don't overthink it. Maybe do something cute, like writing a letter for him or giving him something sweet. He'll appreciate it even if he doesn't think he likes you the way you do. Maybe that's the push he needs too.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
I mean yay for the Poly, nay for being completely irresponsible with sex during a pandemic.

not like any of you even knew the details of my life but people still decided to jump to conclusions. I went to an "orgy" but it was supposed to only be 2 people and I ended up not even having sex with anyone at all there, I just left because it was so uncomfortable.

MasaDrew

Jun 20, 2019
not like any of you even knew the details of my life but people still decided to jump to conclusions. I went to an "orgy" but it was supposed to only be 2 people and I ended up not even having sex with anyone at all there, I just left because it was so uncomfortable.

...I'm not shaming you for orgies period. Orgies are fun. But the timing in general is poor considering our current climate. I'm saying that trying to hookup at this time isn't too far off from other risky ventures like circuit parties or the gays going to fire island. Which are just pretty much the COVID parties the straights are doing but with extra harnesses.

But I don't know your life story. You're a grown adult that can make your own decisions.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
...I'm not shaming you for orgies period. Orgies are fun. But the timing in general is poor considering our current climate. I'm saying that trying to hookup at this time isn't too far off from other risky ventures like circuit parties or the gays going to fire island. Which are just pretty much the COVID parties the straights are doing but with extra harnesses.

But I don't know your life story. You're a grown adult that can make your own decisions.

No one needs to know anyone's life to discuss the details as presented.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
www.resetera.com

Out: Study shows 10% of gamers are LGBT, spend more money on gaming than straights, prefer console gaming, etc.

Out.com has posted an article about a recent study done by Nielsen that shows that 10% of participants identify as LGBT, that queer gamers spend more money on gaming than their straight counterparts, and that console gaming is the avenue of choice, among other things. Some highlights...

Might be of interest~
Well then, clearly they need to start tailoring to the Queer community more. ;)

Shiloh

Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

Out: Study shows 10% of gamers are LGBT, spend more money on gaming than straights, prefer console gaming, etc.

Out.com has posted an article about a recent study done by Nielsen that shows that 10% of participants identify as LGBT, that queer gamers spend more money on gaming than their straight counterparts, and that console gaming is the avenue of choice, among other things. Some highlights...

Might be of interest~
FFXIV would lead you to believe half of gamers are LGBT

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Live your life! Get it!

People seem to be really threatened by polyamory 😷

Everyone is an expert on relationships. All people have definitive experience on what works and what doesn't.

Chuy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
www.resetera.com

Might be of interest~
Huh. That actually lines up with my experiences of people i know and if anything is a bit under representative. Wonder if this'll have a effect on representation going forward if more studies show this as a consistent trend
Probably not

What music is everyone currently listening to?
I've been alternating between various Jazz playlists on my Spotify while i do work from home/cleaning

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017

A super chilled melange of trip hop-type stuff and some tunes I can't even categorise that Spotify is throwing at me. Typified by tracks featuring a German vocalist called Bajka:

And some lovely soul jams like:

One of the major bonuses of working from home is no longer having to listen to that awful shite they used to play in the office.

OP
OP
Sai

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago

Lately....

Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure?
Flo Milli - Ho, Why Is You Here?
Chris Christodolou - Risk of Rain 2 OST
They/Live - Ablation
Moderat - III
Baauer - Planet's Mad
Run The Jewels - RTJ4
Bad Bunny - Las Que No Iban a Salir
Mashrou' Leila - Ibn El Leil
La Roux - Supervision

and various one off tracks obv, but those are the albums I've had stuck on repeat the past few weeks!

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Lately....

Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure?
Flo Milli - Ho, Why Is You Here?
Chris Christodolou - Risk of Rain 2 OST
They/Live - Ablation
Moderat - III
Baauer - Planet's Mad
Run The Jewels - RTJ4
Bad Bunny - Las Que No Iban a Salir
Mashrou' Leila - Ibn El Leil
La Roux - Supervision

and various one off tracks obv, but those are the albums I've had stuck on repeat the past few weeks!

Little Brother - The Minstrel Show and May The Lord Watch

Ducayne

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a lgbt looking for friends thread on here? I tried joining a few gay Xbox clubs and the gaymer discord but everyone is either thirsting or a minor. Just hoping to find some fellow gay adults to game with.

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
I live in an area where it transitions from mixed politics to super red, and lately I often find myself kinda looking over my shoulder when I'm out with my husband. Like if I see any MAGA stereotypes start walking a little too directly towards us I'm practically forming eyeballs in the back of my head just in case it's a nut job. It's probably not a problem because I'm a big mean looking fuck, but something about the climate lately is giving me shitty gay spider sense and it's starting to bug me.

Zyrokai

Nov 1, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Hi everyone. Don't think I've posted here in like.......8 months....so most probably don't know me. Just wanted to post and check in and see how everyone is doing during the pandemic.

I'm currently living out of town from where I work (Columbus, Ohio.....a big, gay friendly city) and I'm living with my parents in a more conservative, small town where I grew up (not too small.....but not large enough, haha). I'm doing this to save money because my company has told me to work from home until the beginning of 2021 at the VERY earliest, so I might as well take advantage of this since I can't actually do anything in the place I'm supposed to be anyway (if I'm being safe, at least).

Just kinda sucks. I'm 32 years old and probably already past "gay death" and it just sucks that I can't even date or go to my favorite LGBT joints anymore and try to meet people. I'm just worried. I dunno. Sorry to be venting!

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Just kinda sucks. I'm 32 years old and probably already past "gay death" and it just sucks that I can't even date or go to my favorite LGBT joints anymore and try to meet people. I'm just worried. I dunno. Sorry to be venting!

Think of it this way: everyone's social lives are on pause this year, so anything you think is passing you by is also passing most everyone else by. And those people who are out there living their lives like normal, well, they're dumb and you wouldn't want to date them anyway!

Also fwiw, I didn't start dating until I was your age and have now been married for three years. 👬

Zyrokai

Nov 1, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Think of it this way: everyone's social lives are on pause this year, so anything you think is passing you by is also passing most everyone else by. And those people who are out there living their lives like normal, well, they're dumb and you wouldn't want to date them anyway!

Also fwiw, I didn't start dating until I was your age and have now been married for three years. 👬

Awwwww, that's great! Congrats. This gives me a bit of hope. May I ask how long it took you to find someone? I've only ever had one boyfriend ever from 18-22 so naturally I'm panicked I am undatable lol.

But yeah.....you're right about everything being put on pause.

Last edited:

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Awwwww, that's great! Congrats. This gives me a bit of hope. May I ask how long it took you to find someone? I've only ever had one boyfriend ever from 18-22 so naturally I'm panicked I am undatable lol.

But yeah.....you're right about everything being put on pause.

Something like four years dating around? I wasn't specifically looking for someone to marry - and at that late point, I didn't think anyone would want to be with such a newbie - but once we met and were going out for a while, I couldn't imagine it leading any other way.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Not going to lie, I'm kind of bummed because I think things cooled down with this guy I'm seeing ;(

No idea what happened. Today a week ago we had a blast, and now he's strictly texting me once a day (multiple texts, though), leaving me on seen (at the moment). I don't even know what's the lesson I should take from this, lol. Maybe being more upfront?

If we don't meet next weekend / we meet and things feel "off", I'm taking the clue and seeing him as a friend (which is cool! I do love spending time with him and I wouldn't mind that). Is this being clingy? Have I become what is one of my biggest turn offs? :P

Chuy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think the Weather Channel was my gateway into Jazz.
I played Saxophone back when i was still in school so i've naturally tended to gravitate towards Jazz for as long as i can remember
Though i'm starting to listen Tetris Effect and FFVIIR OSTs currently

Is there a lgbt looking for friends thread on here? I tried joining a few gay Xbox clubs and the gaymer discord but everyone is either thirsting or a minor. Just hoping to find some fellow gay adults to game with.
I'm not part of it yet but i'm just gonna out on on a limb and say it'd probably be the discord channel that's here

Not gonna lie as someone who hasn't dated in forever and hasn't tried gay dating yet this is actually pretty encouraging as a 26 year old bi-guy

Zyrokai

Nov 1, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Something like four years dating around? I wasn't specifically looking for someone to marry - and at that late point, I didn't think anyone would want to be with such a newbie - but once we met and were going out for a while, I couldn't imagine it leading any other way.

That's really great to hear and it does give me a little bit of hope. I seriously just want to fall in love with someone and have him fall in love back with me. That seems like such a hard thing to do, right? Attraction that must be mutual? It's scary for me to think about how all the stars have to lineup in order for it to happen.

And with the pandemic, it feels like it's even harder. How did you date around? Just using apps? I tried my hardest to meet people IRL rather than apps, but with Covid that seems impossible, at least for this year.

I live in a decently sized city with a big gay population, and my career is here (Columbus, Ohio), but recently I can't help but just think about moving to NYC or LA and just.....start all over. It would be so hard especially with my skill set just being in working in a public utilities company, haha. Also, who's to say NYC or LA even look the same after the pandemic ends?

Not gonna lie as someone who hasn't dated in forever and hasn't tried gay dating yet this is actually pretty encouraging as a 26 year old bi-guy

Right? Definitely made me feel better but I gotta put in the work now, I guess.

MasaDrew

Jun 20, 2019

Dumb sketch from yesterday.

Been okaying FFXIV lately. I'm lucky enough to have a group of friends to discord with and they help me alot while I catch up to them. Of course being a bunch of bears all of their characters are the big muscly guys and catmen. When we're in a party with my smol pretty boy MNK i can't help but laugh.

That's really great to hear and it does give me a little bit of hope. I seriously just want to fall in love with someone and have him fall in love back with me. That seems like such a hard thing to do, right? Attraction that must be mutual? It's scary for me to think about how all the stars have to lineup in order for it to happen.

And with the pandemic, it feels like it's even harder. How did you date around? Just using apps? I tried my hardest to meet people IRL rather than apps, but with Covid that seems impossible, at least for this year.

I live in a decently sized city with a big gay population, and my career is here (Columbus, Ohio), but recently I can't help but just think about moving to NYC or LA and just.....start all over. It would be so hard especially with my skill set just being in working in a public utilities company, haha. Also, who's to say NYC or LA even look the same after the pandemic ends?

Right? Definitely made me feel better but I gotta put in the work now, I guess.

Pandemic makes meeting people more difficult I'm sure, and the importance of using apps has definitely risen. Finding love on apps can be problematic as well, especially in larger cities. Like when I was trying to date (Atlanta) the proportion to finding guys really wanting to try something versus hookups (or hookup opportunities) was very skewed. All you really can do is just be honest with yourself and say that you're looking to date. I met my partner through Hinge.

If somebody pulls the "I'd really like to form a friendship first" card there's a good chance its a fuckboi XD

Zyrokai

Nov 1, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Pandemic makes meeting people more difficult I'm sure, and the importance of using apps has definitely risen. Finding love on apps can be problematic as well, especially in larger cities. Like when I was trying to date (Atlanta) the proportion to finding guys really wanting to try something versus hookups (or hookup opportunities) was very skewed. All you really can do is just be honest with yourself and say that you're looking to date. I met my partner through Hinge.

If somebody pulls the "I'd really like to form a friendship first" card there's a good chance its a fuckboi XD

That's interesting. I have always felt that finding a date in a bigger city is easier just because of the sheer amount of people vs. some small town. I haven't had much luck at all in my hometown, which is why I moved to Columbus. But it's been hard for me here, as well, mainly because I suck at dating or go on dates and there is never a connection. But at least I can set them up! Haha.